Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, luvkstyle said:

@lisethvr Wow thank you ...so many...I didn't realise.  I just thought they were his own clothes, etc which he had purchased because he liked them.  Although I guess he wouldn't be promoting items he didn't like and I guess also that they pay him for it ??

Hi luvkstyle, oftentimes, designers pay celebrities and their stylists for a certain dress to be worn at a big event. Brands often do pay to be showcased on the red carpet. The whole point of a star especially popular at that having a stylist is so you can make more money, or more people want to hire you, or the brand that you're wearing is making more money because it's driving sales. It's all wrapped up in money.  You see - while there are many perks of being a famous face in an entertainment industry there is also a system of reciprocity in place between celebrities and brands. Korean stars are blessed with killer style. That's why, when they get/given/borrow/ are offered something from a label - no matter how big or small - and they wear it out, there is an understanding that they will promote the brand they’re wearing.:lol:

• Like 12

Someone updated his IG! Any later and I might have gotten withdrawal symptoms :tears: But I hope Joon Gi rests well before he's off to Singapore.

These stills haven't been shared yet, right?  I think they were shot in December when he visited Japan for MLSHR promotion but were released only recently in a magazine.

GO0d1RrC7YUZfL6buMkQYXEo34AaqtbQI9MSQNisnB9TVNbSBHoa5y_gekRreJgIfBbNhqKBgKlk-5QUHtSB1V2PJr3rUCPK-UKP_S1UynOQ9eKqSZTqhW2BA_C5tKyLCuPJXcSFWxij49lgCX46Tjm682xv0rCisHwyG4SwbLn3CQj6yiCvBnSKi82TYAGyrPvEz8StAcHGHLNvFUpTbveS3UqGZlaCjWWtVeRTYxD_JoUPqK66sc_t0nIanJ_ft-KegXilwNVUf33-xUOHbtbK5KpOL0wOrAdVh7KzdKPwqqPcvkGEJP2utXnXEsxilS3vllckk3LTqtGz6OFnG8jXhmUPLNnrynO9VMwEcTl-eU6ryMoYYguKDoRIewd8AeTeNFDK0CzxBoLcM0rzL8WjO5V04V7p0-fvaUYF_1o0pypUH1pFsjSId-2RbvjzUWDMDitN2FBj7hogUItpvHs1B7kFZLy2m9_WPpVNYe7W7X_rcVYFRTHG4L35xsyjtqAdmnJI93he7InCH1PTmbtGqvQV3ELKU_uCCHVBm0VhFR67nfBxoalMJ81wXxOC96brMeAA02FhimjmHFYkW3jFmSUKlUphq4WlSI54LKNLuJhL0maSdRgmA9j6SVMT3hCbuUJFxmBPiMIm09FQPqaTLbT7uvSqKeTR4Uq7NKs=w628-h919-no

Spoiler

areSkpTNizx-pcZJc_kF1Xv5CP_4QnAV_sDoBFvcz60WO87D3OCRN9QxMb7WPtsqOarTx3mhJ4TU4br9HlT_ouQdyw8VyHwiy-0Kvu7ViwHoM7xpajmdp381cooeFH_3hDXFDfo0hfSCzQnKtNM3XcxFEJCpzzxZfJKmIiThsg8e9X_wV2IcI6Yyjq_Ebs0F0GfgG9zQ2E8QmdZcZcP_i4h3BbsRBOXuCMZy5o9K8n4s8yCwgTx-9xUiGGKRbvc6wRveZZPcfIbAEk1YqhWjKglCNQO5pjKx5nkp2q-O40gAUpRvF_PaDKh8YN_vevgDnMFUqbjH8LREG-lsDC8X7VcRX5h6qeWVTQxjPYUx0Ib7eviioB0LgSkiSlhXgPxI8cAyAIUfaGv-6VPfz_hAajRj-Bu8oNkxK_o7zZiMpfe5RYdqbwvsfJSSY8ToIqjMDA7OnB_pijgeajuvz0D5HE_WP86Hs17dmLoZhK9RUKEaZf5PrIkDXWUsSmtGGrhg9biqJ3ZtXE4-6cuj-JszvHIHM-qHmKjFQ8zpTOJkun6xXGA2b9OD0SVhP8Nbq3GNH0k32Cmn3xCdIgT45FRE1ot4FV6oTRycS3YUFYYLgvF_tPPgTBxKR4I4eUG0X5feKWvH11Ehd9XtwARCwrZaLdFjP1aCxNiGe2_QXLDy2L8=w627-h919-no

aIgagPtOXKcn698XkIwd9a7AtJVBPnTHV8soGf5TBi2Kl28zymBjqu455jFieMMQm93836uBvqsP9POdLKx_o3O8z7CLB_xq9_tbT6T3RxmH6j_31DHF6R78za7-wUIafV9Ss-dWUMoCAA6x_fUzI2v98IwFJ5rVjHAfTXADuX-G3vn24BavendLtq6eg7tUYzOiQOkvGWAe2z5X3lUN8R2C34Sfkh33qCZR3filxC3mt4VsaGmVZGbuUJ0mMAETqslx7HSIuooH0pZQ0ukRt5c95mRdYKRWJOXWlFDduZEMez23olFMX6GEMeEdfsNd3B-NMSxzdBHzDhYFJD8BT0dIC_2FwZ7dFmzRe5MePs0uvku9Dzt6qv3Y8zyzpywbwQhtq1lKCpf2w0iUSmPYwxXnJKCKSwu66vEDPQKzprcQHX3aY-LUJsieszPtbpzKO5vmITmRLKXpHFEKhyJPlKeFxL9AUVKxycjuaMW0o60aMu2vsxaISOt9hlmu45Nh4HQN51v-NjtCRpT4GNfAzUL_vPS5lgodyBoak_Vgh40SQRPdWGOTFoq7f-2RcTFDbpFl-fXwpxV-OVBSuCGinpZS1gPyEzTYZTYNSpfGcn5x0WDugfiUEcuNBs7nLoSzmE0Pxs-o1QWkCDl2NDBZ7ciqa7jFjzkFq2NaNCO-xRI=w628-h919-no

Source: Kanryuu pia 2017/03 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

@lisethvr Wow thank you ...so many...I didn't realise.  I just thought they were his own clothes, etc which he had purchased because he liked them.  Although I guess he wouldn't be promoting items he didn't like and I guess also that they pay him for it ??

He once said in his interview, he is not a brand conscious person. He wears something he comfortable with but for public appearance, he rely on his stylist to dress  him up. 

• Like 12

It is great to see LJG updating on social media. He seemed to be ecstatic with RE box office in China. It's now on $96M and counting. That's a big jump from the previous RE with only $17M sales. 

In terms of sales, its performing very well in the Asian Market.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 14

15 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

These stills haven't been shared yet, right?  I think they were shot in December when he visited Japan for MLSHR promotion but were released only recently in a magazine.

Another point... erm... number... hmm 60-something - Joon Gi in a suit looks stunning!!! :wub:

19 hours ago, aimwanie said:

the very fist moment he come out, im screaming and fall in love again and again!!! not to mention his first appearance was... his eyes!!! dying~~~~

Exactly! I didn't wait to fall for him for some saving his dimsel in distress moment - I did it in the first possible second of the drama. :D

• Like 7

Kung Fu Yoga                    

Asian Actors:  Jackie Chan, Aarif Rahman (Hongkong Actor/Singer),  Lay - former EXO             

Production Budget: $65M           

China Sales- $103M in 5 days      

The Great Wall                 

Asian Actors: (Majority of its casts are Chinese), Jian Tian- China Actress, Andy Lau                                          

Production Budget- $150M         

China Sales- 75M in 5days           

Assassins' Creed (No high profile Asian Actors)                 

Production Budget          $125M

China Sales- $19M in 5 days        

Return of Xander Cage                 

Asian Actors:     Donnie Yen -China Veteran & Superstar,  Kris Wu - former EXO - China ActorDeepika Padukone - Bollywood Star      

Production Budget- $85

China Sales - Crossed $92M in 5 days      

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter                

Asian Actors:    

Lee Joon Gi  , Rola (I don't know her though)     

Production Budget - $40M          

China Sales - Crossed $107 M in 5 days   

Sources:http://www.boxofficechina.com/beta/2017-02-28 , http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=residentevil.htm

I have put these information together but I don't have the time to put them into narrative. In addition, the box office in Hongkong, Taiwan, and South Korea were impressive compared to the previous RE Installment.The rest of world sales are in decline esp. Germany, US, Russia, Mexico and others.

This installment has been doing remarkably well in places where LJG has strong presence. I also want to say I am proud of LJG International Fans. I think, they are one of the most effective Marketing Arms of this Franchise. Salute to them! (By the way, I am not a member of any fan clubs. I am just impressed with all marketing activities LJG Int'l fan clubs are doing.)

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/fans-take-out-a-full-page-ad-in-the-hollywood-reporter-magazine-congratulating-lee-jun-ki

PS: I am impressed by the Chinese Fans dedication for LJG. This is a verbatim translation from one the Chinese fans posts. "We have been paying attention to its(RE) box office, Chinese fans all support this movie, and we will watch it many times because you are in this movie, oppa, and because it's your debut in Hollywood." That is what we call dedication. They really made it happened. It reached US$107M in 5 days. The last installment only grossed $17M in Sales. I hope this impressive box office sales will also happen to his movie. When is he going to make one?

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 15

I hope someone from Singapore will bring him some local delights at the airport. Feed him. .My 1st instinct whenever I saw his photo these days is to feed the boy. I must be crazy.:bawling:

I know I'm talking nonsense. It's not so easy to get near him. 

Really hope for a very warm welcome on his first visit to Singapore. 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, lisethvr said:

2017 Lee Joon Gi Season's Greetings [Thank You Very Much]

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, sentado, teléfono y primer plano

Hide contents

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, sentado e interior

I know I am not supposed to quote the pics but I cant help myself. Look at his hands. I love his hands. That is one pair of strong and manly hands :love:

@Lynn11 what about others soompi award?? Did he won anything? Best Actor? Best Kiss?? Best Bromance?? 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, junejungki said:

I know I am not supposed to quote the pics but I cant help myself. Look at his hands. I love his hands. That is one pair of strong and manly hands :love:

@Lynn11 what about others soompi award?? Did he won anything? Best Actor? Best Kiss?? Best Bromance?? 

I love his hands too, and his ears. Very cute and unique ears. :blush:.

@junejungki Not sure if he won anything else, I only saw this one on YouTube. 

How do I quote name correctly in the reply?

• Like 10

Joon Gi speaks about MLSHR's Blu-ray & DVD for Japan

170301 Lee Joon Gi's first concert and fan meeting in Singapore, fans prepare gifts to welcome him.
Lee Joon Gi's first concert and fan meeting in Singapore, fans prepare gifts to welcome him.
16998823_1466700080029535_6492284508615765439_n.jpg?oh=0d341c39fb949d9369b292d4bb85cc8e&oe=592D476A
This Saturday (4th) South Korean actor Lee Joon Gi will perform in Singapore for the first time. To welcome Joon Gi oppa's first time here, Singapore's fans carefully planned and prepared the "meeting gifts".
In the beginning of this year, Joon Gi's fans from around the world placed a full page congratulatory advertisement in the well-known entertainment magazine "The Hollywood Reporter" to congratulate his Hollywood debut. Ms. Goh (34), a local fan who participated in the Hollywood ad project from before, has now gathered with several other fans to plan and prepare "meeting gifts" so that Oppa can feel the Singaporean fans' warmth and enthusiasm.
Ms. Goh, along with the fans she gathered, spent two weeks time making 500 "Gift Packs" which are to be given to the fans who will be attending Joon Gi's "Thank You" concert/fan meeting. The gift packs each contain glow sticks and handheld banners so that fans and Joon Gi can have fun together. Ms. Goh and the others also prepared more than 40 "Welcome Packs" for the team members who are accompanying Joon Gi on this trip. The "Welcome Packs" each contain a towel and snacks. The towels were specially made by a foreign manufacturer.

On this trip, Joon gi will be accompanied by 36 team members, including 2 personal bodyguards.
16939291_1466701010029442_2650175852634366389_n.jpg?oh=7773bb1921400778a271bc4f925d972f&oe=592F5DA4
Fans also made two giant banners, one of which is a cartoon portrait of Joon Gi which was the original work of a Korean fan. The local fans obtained permission to use her artwork,  added the Merlion Ferris Wheel and the Marina Bay Sands design to complete a new design for the giant banner. Ms. Goh says "Joon Gi is very familiar with this Korean fan's artwork so he will definitely be very happy when he sees this banner!"
Translated by Cindy & Sherrene for JGfamily/이준기 Lee Joon Gi Singapore -jgstylesg
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Hi Lyhnn, what I know is only his drama won as The Best Adaptation. :lol:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Not sure. I didnt see you quote any names for that video. 

• Like 2