Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

There seems to be so many potentially good sageuks out there this year with "Kingdom" being my most anticipated one since it came from a dream team of a solid PD and writer and to be aired on Netflix as well as the unconventional format of an 8 episode miniseries. Too bad Joon Gi has stated that he would take a break from sageuk to do a modern contemporary project this year. Idk, I could not care less what others said, if the project is good, I am all in for him to do another sageuk. With him being so busy with his FM, I think he would take longer time before deciding to do another acting project. Like I said before, I always want to see him paired up with Ha Ji Won. My mentioning of young actresses like Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Ji Hyun is because the female lead of Bride of Water God is supposedly young. But then again, with the adaptation moving to modern setting, I do not know how well-perceived would the adaptation become. Whatever it is, be it sageuk or modern drama, I hope his next project would be a success and he would portray another iconic role. 

On a side note, Joon Gi looked extremely dashing in tuxedo.

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

I just watched the subbed awarding broadcast. After the awarding of Top Excellence, the MC mentioned that they were left with two major awards and then explained the importance of the Hallyu award. Top Excellence Acting Award or even the Daesang and these whole fiasco were all just based on rating anyway which was from the viewership of 2000 households in Korea. At least the Hallyu Award was based on votes from viewers both from Korea & countries around the world. As further explained by the MC, it was also deliberated by Panel of experts.  So the Hallyu Award seem to be a Daesang in a worldwide scale.  

yup.. after watched it subbed, i knew now the importance of the hallyu award. thats why they gave the awards after top excellence. they just didn't explain it more on how importance it is since LJG also quite dont understand why they gave him that awards before the daesang. ( he actually said it on stage). 

anyway. im proud of him! now his name pop up everywhere for a new drama.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, aimwanie said:

yup.. after watched it subbed, i knew now the importance of the hallyu award. thats why they gave the awards after top excellence. they just didn't explain it more on how importance it is since LJG also quite dont understand why they gave him that awards before the daesang. ( he actually said it on stage). 

anyway. im proud of him! now his name pop up everywhere for a new drama.

hi!!:) sorry to ask but , may i know where you watched the subbed ? :) thank you!!:) 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, scarletcryz said:

hi!!:) sorry to ask but , may i know where you watched the subbed ? :) thank you!!:) 

do not watch it on kshow since it didnt works fine for me. T-T i watched it on dramanice. works better. 

• Like 4

It's so nice to see the MLSHR cast having a great time at the award night and they must be very happy and unexpected surprised to receive so many but go to show that their efforts wasn't wasted.  And Joon Gi made a such wonderful speech.  Congratulations to him!!!!  Did you noticed that he received awards every year including the time he was in military service?  It's great to be his fan!

leelee_zps5cx3ylkm.jpg

:wub: Our lovely couple!  :heart:

• Like 20

On 02/01/2017 at 4:54 PM, lisethvr said:

I found this video and I'm seeing it for the first time. It's a wedding song sung by Dema Support Crew for Gaeko (Dynamic Duo) which Joon Gi was part of when he was in the army. JG rap from 2:01 min.

Note: DEMA is korean Defense Media Agency.

I searched the lyrics. Here is the part of Joon Gi.

All the lyrics of the song you can see in this link.

Maybe they know each other because when Joon Gi was in the army he had a radio show called "JUMAM"and Park Shin Hye sent him a congratulatory message. Other actresses also sent him messages but the difference is that he had previously worked with them, such as Nam Sang Mi, Yoon So Yi (Hero), Kim Tae Hee (they filmed for a month a movie that he had to leave when the army decided to take him).

Note: JUMAM is abbreviation in korean for 'The heart you want to give, the story you want to listen' a program hosted by JG. 

This video is part of live broadcast of radio show and from 6:44 min there are 3 messages, last message is by Park Shin Hye and starts from 7:56 min.

And in this video you will hear all the actresses who sent congratulations messages to Joon Gi.

Oh really? Never knew that! You're right though. Park Shin Hye might know Joon Gi from way back. Thanks for sharing this!! Anyways, it seems Nam Joo Hyuk (Baek Ah) has already been offered the lead role in Bride of the Water God. I'm a bit surprised by this news. I really thought they'd go for someone with more experience. So does this mean JG is out of contention??

Edited by rainmoon
do not quotes images.
  • Like 5

I am not sure if this is not related to Joon Gi (apologized if so). Seems like our 13th Prince's career is on fire post MLSHR. Nam Joo Hyuk been extended the offer for the role of Habaek-the water god which is surprising. But I love reading the comments since many are actually rooting for our 4th Prince to headline. But at the same time, I am pleased that it may not land on Joon Gi since the same fantasy element with the backdrop of modern day Seoul will lead to nasty comparison with the currently swashbuckler, Goblin despite me having a lot of faith on the production team (the writer and PD).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/nam-joo-hyuk-offered-lead-in-tvns-bride-of-the-water-god/

• Like 10

Does Nam Joo hyuk ever rest? Hahaha I'm also glad LJG didn't take this role since it's too close to Goblin. I'm positive he will choose the right project *crosses fingers.* I'm just glad that everyone is waiting for what  JG will do next. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, luvkstyle said:
I had never made the connection between these two photos and wondered what they were all looking at especially since Joon Gi had this look of consternation on his face lol. I wonder what he was thinking ???  Anyone care to come up with a caption?  "Waa what are they doing to my Hae Soo?"

Poor IU lol. Why did she go on that ? ^^ Strong-willed lady indeed. They didn't show it on cam, but I think LJG went to fetch her after that. You can see him standing up later, and then see the two of them sitting down at the table together. There might have been a little mishap when she goes out of this because when the MC were talking, there was a "ohhh" from the audience, and the girl MC (is it Minah or Hyeri ?) was a little shocked ^^ 
*but this is all speculation because I can't find any fan cam of that moment ^^*

I'm happy LJG is left out of the Bride of the Water God. It's not the right time for this drama to be in production, because indeed the Goblin comparison will be there, and I want him away from fantasy for now. Good luck for Nam Joo Hyuk is he decides to take this :) 

Yeay !!

• Like 13

On 02/01/2017 at 6:36 AM, yumezu said:

YASS lol. It's not just me then who felt that way. The MC asked him to speak in Mandarin (I guess) knowing he got lots of fans from the Mainland. How dare he question his highness abilities? He's a longtime a Hallyu-Star already, this is not new to him. Oh heck no, he straight gave you them in English which he knows reached out to most of us international fans. He's multilingual Lee Joon Gi! ughh this MC, you want to taste the wrath of Gwangjong? 

Now ask for mercy :naughty:

Ps: I find the MC-HJ was quite rude at some point, tho I didn't understand a thing. I think MC-Boom was a better fit to be onstage emceeing instead of HJ. Ok brb I need to watch the full-subbed version. Be strong my heart, you know what's coming~ huhu

Hahahahah! wrath of Gwangjong!! You are very funny. Anyway, I am happy now when some forumer here said Hallyu Award is much better than Top Excellence Award. That big mouth MC have to eat his word. Yes, Boom is a better MC. I dunno why they pick this big mouth MC whatever his name is.

On 02/01/2017 at 10:50 AM, hiluna said:

I am not a fan of PSH and I don't think it would be a good fit. Her characters all end up being one dimensional. I like Oh Yeon-Seo from Come Back Mister and can see her spunky style fitting in with JG and they look like a better pairing.

eer!! sorry but I dont think PSH will match with LJG acting too. Moon Chae Won will be one of the good choice I think. Oh Yeon Seo, I am not very familiar with her work except for her acting in Go Shine or Crazy. 

Edited by rainmoon
do not quotes images.
  • Like 10

50 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I am not sure if this is not related to Joon Gi (apologized if so). Seems like our 13th Prince's career is on fire post MLSHR. Nam Joo Hyuk been extended the offer for the role of Habaek-the water god which is surprising. But I love reading the comments since many are actually rooting for our 4th Prince to headline. But at the same time, I am pleased that it may not land on Joon Gi since the same fantasy element with the backdrop of modern day Seoul will lead to nasty comparison with the currently swashbuckler, Goblin despite me having a lot of faith on the production team (the writer and PD).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/nam-joo-hyuk-offered-lead-in-tvns-bride-of-the-water-god/

It seems many fans are not really favour Nam Joo Hyuk. Hmmm!!

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

I just watched the subbed awarding broadcast. After the awarding of Top Excellence, the MC mentioned that they were left with two major awards and then explained the importance of the Hallyu award. Top Excellence Acting Award or even the Daesang and these whole fiasco were all just based on rating anyway which was from the viewership of 2000 households in Korea. At least the Hallyu Award was based on votes from viewers both from Korea & countries around the world. As further explained by the MC, it was also deliberated by Panel of experts.  So the Hallyu Award seem to be a Daesang in a worldwide scale.  

I am happy and delighted when I know this. TQ for your explanation. He really deserved this kind of recognition. Now, shall we wait for his next project. I am already excited. 

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Poor IU lol. Why did she go on that ? ^^ Strong-willed lady indeed. They didn't show it on cam, but I think LJG went to fetch her after that. You can see him standing up later, and then see the two of them sitting down at the table together. There might have been a little mishap when she goes out of this because when the MC were talking, there was a "ohhh" from the audience, and the girl MC (is it Minah or Hyeri ?) was a little shocked ^^ 
*but this is all speculation because I can't find any fan cam of that moment ^^*

sorry to cut your post but yeah. i did recall minah kind of like shocked during that time. wonder what happened there. hope there is fancam for that. 

and i agree im glad that LJG is not doing this drama because netizen might compare it to goblin which is quite hot right now yet i still not able to watch it due to i rewatch all LJG's drama. hehehehhee

• Like 10

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

It seems many fans are not really favour Nam Joo Hyuk. Hmmm!!

i have read the manhwa Bride of watergod, And it's really a complex love story. For Habaek Character , its portrait as a young man but have lived a thousand year, if u read the manhwa, it have a vibe of wang So character , so no surprise many people favor our JG, it's similiar like goblin but more younger ( the story also really diffrent ) it's similiar like scarlet heart, we will see many handsome God and pretty goddess, i think NJH more suit as other god, but don't know if the writer want to make this drama look "youthful"

But i think for 2017, LJG will be more careful and selective to choose drama offer after he get hallyu star title once again LOL

• Like 13

I won't lie - I'm a little disappointed that LJG most likely won't do Bride of the Water God, but I am happy for NJH if he does get the part. I do trust that LJG will choose a project that's right for him, but I (selfishly) hope we won't have to wait too long to find out what that is, haha. ;)

Whatever it is, I hope he does a drama and not a movie because I would like to look forward to seeing his face for several weeks as opposed to a movie that I'll have to wait for until it comes out on DVD, lol.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

Whatever it is, I hope he does a drama and not a movie because I would like to look forward to seeing his face for several weeks as opposed to a movie that I'll have to wait for until it comes out on DVD, lol.

My wish is that he get to do both this year :) It's time he does a korean movie again.

• Like 15

On 03/01/2017 at 1:43 AM, booho said:

i have read the manhwa Bride of watergod, And it's really a complex love story. For Habaek Character , its portrait as a young man but have lived a thousand year, if u read the manhwa, it have a vibe of wang So character , so no surprise many people favor our JG, it's similiar like goblin but more younger ( the story also really diffrent ) it's similiar like scarlet heart, we will see many handsome God and pretty goddess, i think NJH more suit as other god, but don't know if the writer want to make this drama look "youthful"

But i think for 2017, LJG will be more careful and selective to choose drama offer after he get hallyu star title once again LOL

I am not sure what to expect because I never read the manhwa. But if NJH accept the offer, just hope that he can potray he character. 

I dont mind if Jun Ki do saeguk again. I love him in those costume. He looks so handsome :love:

On 03/01/2017 at 0:30 AM, leesopark16 said:

I'm happy LJG is left out of the Bride of the Water God. It's not the right time for this drama to be in production, because indeed the Goblin comparison will be there, and I want him away from fantasy for now. Good luck for Nam Joo Hyuk is he decides to take this :) 

Yeay !!

Can you explain to me what is going on?? Why Min Ah shocked and what little mishap? 

Edited by rainmoon
do not quotes images.
  • Like 5