Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Hello @paradicez and @badsmuler, it is nice to see you here, it is like meeting old friends :) 
Thank you @badsmuler for the news. I see there is no mention of Two Weeks, it is not nominated? at all? Are they official nominees? MBC's strategy of giving the awards to only its high-rated dramas is ridicilous. I heard from friends that it did the same to Arang and The Magistrate too. Those dramas are already 'awarded' with high ratings, they are equally good dramas and will surely get many more awards. It is like not buying ice-cream to a child because he got low grades at school !! I hope MBC has checked the awards ceremony of yesterday and saw the real quality, since TW has literally swept all awards :)

daegorr said: Actually, there was an action category at last night's award ceremony, but the Best Action award went to Gu Family Book :(I've not seen that drama, but I doubt the action scenes in a sageuk can get anymore dangerous than those in Two Weeks. And considering how JG had to be buried alive in sand, almost lost his life in the river scene, and even Kim So Yeon got to pull off some badass fighting...so I was surprised that the award didn't go to Two Weeks.

@petito, I think MBC will have to give Daesang to its Mon-Tues high ratings drama, something as a gesture. Let's hope Two Weeks will be nominated in other categories. Wishing for Best Actor award nomination for uri Joongi.

petito said: Their relationship is adorable thank you @daegorr :) Wish Jo Min Ki got an award too he was amazing as Moon Il Suk. He is also a photographer and academician in real life, a multi-talented person ..haha I can imagine him saying "you rascal", they were his favorite words in Two Weeks ;))

patoi said:
@petito, I think MBC will have to give Daesang to its Mon-Tues high ratings drama, something as a gesture. Let's hope Two Weeks will be nominated in other categories. Wishing for Best Actor award nomination for uri Joongi.

You're right @patoi I checked the winners of yesterday, I realized it a bit late ;))
1453265_685884038111823_1616061136_n.jpg
Whether they get any other award or not, they were the stars of last night :) The result was beyond my expectations considering I was ready for none. Wish there were no such thing as ratings at all, we wouldn't compare the dramas based on numbers and enjoy all equally. Wish entertainment industry was independant of advertisement world and they were awarded based on their quality and performance, like literature or theatre awards.. But, it is of course a dream in the world we live in.. 
Did I say both Lee Jun Ki and Kim So Yeon were chic and gorgeous, they surely know how to get dressed for these events :x

@petito, yes I do agree with you they look cute together. I especially love the earlier clip of the two of them enjoying each other company. KSY looks sexy in that dress.
Re the Apan awards, remember when we talked about it a few days ago and someone mentioned that the event organizer's facebook did not mention Joongi at all, so we kind of did not expect anything.

I agree awards should be based on quality and performances. The three big networks will give awards at the end of the year. And they usually award the shows with big rating numbers. If Two Weeks will get an award or not, doesn`t matter, but I want at least a nomination.

I don`t know why but I think Jun-ki will get the MBC award.  ;) I think exept Gu Family book, all the major hits this year were on SBS or KBS.   :)) And they have a mini series category and one for sageuks (special production). I will ignore ratings and say, Jun ki and his character had a lot to offer so ...We have to wait and see if I am right. ;)

patoi said: @petito, if I am not mistaken, Daesang is a grand award, meaning top award of the event. Song Hyo Kyo of That Winter, the Wind Blows, receives Daesang at Apan Star Award.

@larus, you said you don't know why but you think Joon will get the MBC award, will it be OK if I say I believe in your intuition. Remember when you predicted in Two Weeks thread that the drama would get around 10-11 % ratings. Well, Two Weeks ended its running with 11%. Ok, I believe you that uri Joon wil get MBC award.And welcome to the thread, have not read your comment since Two Weeks days.

...I don`t know why but I think Jun-ki will get the MBC award. 

;)

I think exept Gu Family book, all the major hits this year were on SBS or KBS.  

:)

) And they have a mini series category and one for sageuks (special production). I will ignore ratings and say, Jun ki and his character had a lot to offer so ...We have to wait and see if I am right.

;)

1422577_671720499527501_365473501_n.jpg
Yeah love the new cover of JGfamily.. But I like the "Top Excellence" title more, it is cooler :D 
1461886_671677432865141_522077481_n.jpg
1459923_671677802865104_765843511_n.jpg
1455999_739732662706905_1229347368_n.jpg

I bet he didn't sit all night again. I sometimes pity his assistant girl and hair stylist, it must be tiring to follow him around ;))
And all these shining, sparkling awards are nice and cool, but when his next drama will come? While expecting Two Weeks and when it was airing time seemed to be flying.. But now even his FMs haven't started and he will consider and pick and shoot the next project, offff waiting and waiting ~X(

Whoah... many posts are increasing fast!! I'm catching up :D 
@irilight Thanks for sharing the old vid of fan signing event in 2006, younger Joongi is too cute ;) And the tvN channel that award ceremony will broadcast on 21st is the korean one (without eng sub), not tvN asia (with subs) I think :) 

Oh no~!! #-o 
Can't understand why MBC did nomination to empress ki which has aired only a few eps, still not in the half way.... Joongi should at least be nominated for Daesang even if they don't plan to give it to him. I don't think he didn't perform at par with those nominees though I haven't watch most of them. His emotional scenes in 2W are difficult to convey but he created so well, can't imagine a better actor than him for the role of Jang Taesan. It's sure he may more perfect than some of them. Aishh,,, awful MBC :-w

Regarding the news about the nominations for MBC Daesang, I don't think it is an official list of nominees. I read the original Korean news article (here), and If I'm not wrong, I think it was merely a journalist trying to speculate which actors/actresses stand a chance of winning the Daesang. So, I don't understand why people are treating this article like it is an official announcement by MBC. There's a BIG difference between a speculative article and an official announcement. IF MBC had indeed announced the list of nominees for the Daesang, then this list would be reported across many news outlets in Korea, but as of now, there are only 2 articles that talk about possible nominees for the Daesang, and both articles listed different people. Therefore, I'm quite sure that this is NOT an official list of Daesang nominees announced by MBC, so we shouldn't get too worried about Joongi not being on this "list". In fact, the reporter of the article DID mention at the end that audiences should look forward to Joo Jinmo (Empress Ki) and Lee Joongi winning something at the MBC Awards. Perhaps not a Daesang, but at least some award.