Samurai Deeper Kyo

Guest csnrain

Guest csnrain

Anyone read Samurai Deeper Kyo?

Samurai-deeper-kyo.jpg

Samurai Deeper Kyo (written in English, even in Japan) is Akimine Kamijyo's first published manga. First released in October 1999 in Shūkan Shōnen Magazine, volume thirty-seven was published in April, 2006 by Kodansha[1]. The manga led to the adaption of an anime series of the same name from Studio Deen. Both the manga and the anime combine action with the supernatural, taking liberties with historical personages to create an alternate history of Tokugawa Japan.

Although they differ widely in many crucial aspects of plot and characterization, both the anime and the manga follow the story of Demon Eyes Kyo (鬼眼の狂; Onime no Kyō) as he seeks to regain his body after his soul was sealed inside the body of his rival, Mibu Kyoshiro (or "Kyoshiro Mibu" when written in western order). Kyo is joined in his search by, among others, the bounty-hunter Shiina Yuya, Tokugawa Hidetada, heir to the shogunate, and Sanada Yukimura, a famous rival of the Tokugawa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_deeper_kyo

Volumes: 38 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=500Published by: Tokyopop (up to 34 vol) & Del ReyAnime Episodes: 26*This series has also games released
SamuraiDeeperKyo.jpg

600px-Manga_Intro.jpg

Samurai-Deeper-KYO-Wallpaper-samurai-dee

It's become one of my favorites image . So anyone who's reading or has already finished this manga, discuss away!

And to those who haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

Guest csnrain

^ Yeah, I agree with the anime. It sucked. I stopped watching it at episode 17. I prefer reading the manga, I'm up to volume 17 right now. SDK got me addicted!

I've heard a lot of people saying that the anime sucked and you guys just confirmed it, hehe. Well, I guess I won't be wasting my money on the DVD box set.

Anyhow....no one else has read SDK??? GO READ IT!

to those who have read it...doesn't it seem like Shiina Yuya doesn't really belong in this series? she's sorta, dragging all the others behind ;)...But I still love this series, although sometimes, I get confused about some of the names/characters and their histories after a while (especially because some of the names sound familiar, argh...)

oh yeah....and I'm really wondering who Dokito's mom is, lol, completely irrelevant to the story but that's always in the back of my mind when I see him...

[edit]

I just finished reading volume 29...and it just reaffirmed what a great plot this series has. Not great, freakin AMAZING. (this is the volume when, at the end, Kyo defeats Nobunaga and he goes back to Kyoshiro's body and Kyoshiro is transferred to Kyo's original body. This is when Kyoshiro also announces that he will become the next King...I was all excited when Kyo got his body back and then, wtf?! Kyoshiro gets it?? argh...can't wait for the next volume, hehe)

^ Ah, yes, I know about the Kyo in Kyoshiro body and vice versa. I've seen volume 36, and these two are fighting. Right now I'm reading until volume 22 already. It's pretty obvious that Kyo actually has some sort of feelings for Yuya. He just doesn't admit it. :lol: Akari makes me laugh with the buns in the chest. And Hotaru's growing on me. :wub:

Guest csnrain

^ Ah, yes, I know about the Kyo in Kyoshiro body and vice versa. I've seen volume 36, and these two are fighting. Right now I'm reading until volume 22 already. It's pretty obvious that Kyo actually has some sort of feelings for Yuya. He just doesn't admit it. :lol: Akari makes me laugh with the buns in the chest. And Hotaru's growing on me. :wub:

someone replied! I thought this thread was dead, hehe.

Yeah, I find Kyo's sudden interest in Yuya interesting, although a bit odd (I still wanna know what's the deal with him and sakuya).

Akari's personality is a constant source of comedy (especially when she first appears and Bontenmaru and Akira are like "SHE'S THE ABSOLUTE WORST") lol.

and I love Hotaru, even if he does seem like an idiot sometimes but, that's quite alright =)

I'm starting to dislike kyoshiro...and they continue fighting in volume 36?

....that's a really long fight :mellow: ...

SDK is hands down one of my favorite manga of all time. I usually get bored pretty fast when the storyline goes all the way from chapter 1 until the last, but SDK is always engaging, and frickin hilarious at times. Totally love those moments when the character are just being retarded.

Do you guys have the scanlations for this? I moved away several months ago, and SDK isn't published where I am now. So I stopped reading when it was like volume 33 or something like that.

Guest csnrain

SDK is hands down one of my favorite manga of all time. I usually get bored pretty fast when the storyline goes all the way from chapter 1 until the last, but SDK is always engaging, and frickin hilarious at times. Totally love those moments when the character are just being retarded.

Do you guys have the scanlations for this? I moved away several months ago, and SDK isn't published where I am now. So I stopped reading when it was like volume 33 or something like that.

ahh, sorry don't have it. I know Stoptazmo has it but they haven't uploaded the entire manga yet. So far, they're up to Hotaru's fight with Kyo (pretty far back, I know).

well, I guess if you like it enough you could always buy it ;) or wait until other sites have uploaded them (I don't know how long that would take though).

anyhow, I completely agree that SDK is engaging, and yes, most definitely hilarious.

some pics -

BBE7B5F0C4ECC0FCC3BC-blood_hs.jpg

Kyo3.jpg

0065ti.jpg

Dimusimpanas.jpg

Guest babossagaji

I watched the anime and it was richard simmons. Read bits of the manga and it does seem better.

ah, really? in that case, I won't waste my time looking for the anime..

[edit]

I just finished reading volume 29...and it just reaffirmed what a great plot this series has. Not great, freakin AMAZING. (this is the volume when, at the end, Kyo defeats Nobunaga and he goes back to Kyoshiro's body and Kyoshiro is transferred to Kyo's original body. This is when Kyoshiro also announces that he will become the next King...I was all excited when Kyo got his body back and then, wtf?! Kyoshiro gets it?? argh...can't wait for the next volume, hehe)

really?!

So Kyoshiro really is evil then? He's such a nice guy too..

Guest Polaris*

seems interesting.... i haven't read the manga, but i saw the first couple ep. of the movie...

i thought it was pretty interesting...

however i find it sorta dragging at times, and others it was either confusing or too rushed... i'm looking forward

to reading the series, altho i have no idea where i can find it.. haha....^^

Guest csnrain

ah, really? in that case, I won't waste my time looking for the anime..

really?!

So Kyoshiro really is evil then? He's such a nice guy too..

Well, I don't know about him being evil....although he may be a bit selfish. It sort of cut out right after he confessed what he was going to do, he'll probably explain more in the next volume which I haven't read yet.

I've always like Kyo better anyway, hehe.

seems interesting.... i haven't read the manga, but i saw the first couple ep. of the movie...

i thought it was pretty interesting...

however i find it sorta dragging at times, and others it was either confusing or too rushed... i'm looking forward

to reading the series, altho i have no idea where i can find it.. haha....^^

From what many people have said, the series is MUCH better than the anime, go read it! You can find scanlations at StopTazmo (but they haven't completed uploading the series yet...)

I'm starting to dislike Kyoshiro too. I mean, he just suddenly became the villain. That was unexpected! And I don't like the idea of hm staying in Kyo's body. He's not going to stay like that forever, will he?

And Yuya confessed she liked Kyo! I can't remember which chapter/volume, but that was a sweet confession. ;)

Those who needs scanlation, try vnmanga.com They have SDK until volume 12.

Guest SpicyTOFU

Oh I read this. It was really good. ^^

I got up to vol 12 (the english manga) before my supply got cut off. Haaahaaaaahahaa...

I loved that flame dude with the headband. ^^ He was so cool. <3

Guest csnrain

I'm starting to dislike Kyoshiro too. I mean, he just suddenly became the villain. That was unexpected! And I don't like the idea of hm staying in Kyo's body. He's not going to stay like that forever, will he?

And Yuya confessed she liked Kyo! I can't remember which chapter/volume, but that was a sweet confession. ;)

Those who needs scanlation, try vnmanga.com They have SDK until volume 12.

ugh, I hope Kyoshiro doesn't stay in Kyo's body...which probably won't happen anyway since Kyo is one of the main characters of the story (besides, we still need to see his confrontation with the King).

I still haven't read thirty yet; someone else borrowed 30 so I need to wait....AGAIN.

Yuya's confession surprised me...I didn't think she'd ever admit it, especially aloud, hehe (it was either in volume 29 or 28). And kyo actually responded! ahhh, I can't wait to get my hands on the next few volumes (I think there's only six left anyway...damn...)

Oh I read this. It was really good. ^^

I got up to vol 12 (the english manga) before my supply got cut off. Haaahaaaaahahaa...

I loved that flame dude with the headband. ^^ He was so cool. <3

Flame dude? you mean Hotaru? yeahhh, he's pretty cool....in battle...other than that he's somewhat of an idiot, and a bit slow, but he provides a lot of the comic relief later, lol.

I'm trying to keep this thread alive but it doesn't seem like many people have read SDK....either that or they're simply not posting for some reason or another....

Guest babossagaji

does anyone know where to get volumes 14 and up at? I'm stuck at the first chapter of vol. 14 and it's getting so goood too! I'll put the rest in spoiler just in case..

I want to know what happens to the dragon inside of Yuya!

Guest csnrain

does anyone know where to get volumes 14 and up at? I'm stuck at the first chapter of vol. 14 and it's getting so goood too! I'll put the rest in spoiler just in case..

I want to know what happens to the dragon inside of Yuya!

srry, most scanlations sites I've been to don't have all of SDK yet so...I guess your stuck...

yeah....you still have more than a few volumes to get through to find out what happens to Yuya, hehe.

Guest knockblock

chihiro you can watch the anime to see what its like if you were a real fan of the series. Just that I found the anime ridiculous after some point.

Archived