Getting Ears Pierced - Help!

Guest hiimjunebug

Guest hiimjunebug

methods, problems??
hellloo

I got my ears pierced about a year ago in Korea..

I apparently have extremely thick earlobes, which I had not noticed.

In Korea they simply took an earring that I wanted to buy, sharpened the end of it, and stuck it through my earlobe..

Now, I might have done the wrong thing by taking the earrings out too early (about 3 weeks after?)

but 1) I couldn't find the hole in the back and ended up poking the inside of my ear forever and

2) after attempting to get the earring back in, I started getting REALLY bad rashes all over my ear

Eventually it got really tiresome and just so frustrating that I took it out and let my holes close up.

Should I try it again and do something different, or are my earlobes just kinda too thick to have earrings?

thanks!<3

Guest vanggirlie

i had the same prob as you did. the first time i got my ears pierced i took the earrings out not long after i got it pierced so it closed up. i decided to get it pierced a second time (at Claires where it's cheap/free) and now the hole hasn't disappeared. well i left the earring in for at least a year. after the second time you shouldn't take out your earrings for too long because the back may still close up but it'll just take longer to close up than the first time.

i should say that if you are going to get your ears pierce second time then make sure the person pierce the same hole because the girl that did my second time didn't do it on the exact hole as the first so i kind of have two holes in the front (in one ear).

Guest jase_DBSK

mine nearly closed up today...just dun take out so early....i got so scared...this is my third week..whew...you can buy some lotion or cream from the clinic...is it an infection...if it is go see a doctor...or something...i pierced my ears at a clinic....hehe

yea you shouldn't of take it off because it usually takes about 5-6 weeks to heal and afterwards, you'll have the ear hole, but if you take it off too early then the ear hole may close.

Guest changsta

wow.. they just sharpened it? lmao. thats not good and it probably hurt alot more. just go to pagoda or claries. you should buy a cleanser for your ears and try to stay away from fake earring until your ears heal.

Guest nobody knows

the first time you get your ears pierced you're inexperienced, so obviously you're going to need to poke around a lot.

Even when my mom tried to help put earrings in my piercing she couldn't find it either

except I kept it in for about 6 weeks

Guest HEARSE.

:huh: ^ You don't need to poke the hole to find it if your inexperienced. Just look in the mirror and just try to put it in gently and slowly. Irritation is the last thing it needs. I think you should have asked the place how they were going to pierce your ears; gun, needle, ... or sharpened ended earrings

I'm not an expert in ear piercings but, I don't think any lobe is too thick for piercing since mine are pretty thick and I've pierced them more than twice. If you do get that re piercing done, use solution to clean the piercing everyday and leave it in for 5-6 weeks.

Guest nobody knows

:huh: ^ You don't need to poke the hole to find it if your inexperienced. Just look in the mirror and just try to put it in gently and slowly.

I mean knowing or not knowing where the back part is if you can't see the back of your ear

Guest Janice<3

i pierced mine 3 times, i guess 3 times a charm because it's working well so far. but the first time, i lost my earring and i just pierced it like a day ago and i was sleeping so it closed. second time, my ears got infected from lack of antibiotic treatment so i let it close. and now i'm just treating it with hydrogen peroxide and i'm going to wear my earrings for like at least 1 month and a half? so it doesn't close. and this time do it professionally.

and my ear lobes are thick too.

Guest hiimjunebug

ooohh okay

yeahh thanks for the advice, I'm thinking of getting it re-done at Claire's just cause I know a ton of people who have got it done there and have been happy with it :) I'll just remember to keep it in longer and probably do it when I can really take care of it. Thanks!

Guest sungaaah

i used to work at claires and what we tell ppl is

keep in the studs you got pierced with for 4-6 weeks

and then you can change them as much as you want

but you HAVE to keep something in them

24/7 for at least 6 months. and cleaning your lobes

with a disinfectant twice a day helps keep it

clean and safe =]

^-- yes haha

i cleaned mine twice a day, but i started changing my earrings like three months in;; haha

but yeah, the longer you keep it in, you'd have less of a chance of it getting infected and crap like that;;

and when my right ear was infected, i still kept my earring in so o _ o

Guest pockified

the first month after i pierced my 2nd set of lobe piercings, i cleaned my ears twice a day with soap+water mixture. people usually opt for the safe route and buy the ear-cleansing liquid at claires but the soap water worked just as fine for me.

hahaha, after a while, i got lazy. but i haven't gotten any infections or anything. just make sure to keep your hands/fingers away from your ears (as to not unnecessarily irritate them) and keep them clean. and also NEVER take out your earrings until at least 2 months later because the first few weeks especially is the critical period. if you take it out too early, it'll close pretty quickly.

Go professional. since your earlobes are closed now go to someone in the mall and get it pierced correctly. and leave it in for the amount of time they said. about 6 weeks.

It takes a while to get used to putting it in the hole. Slide it in gently though, don't try shoving it in and then taking it out and shoving it in again. That causes infections and something about ripping something? I read something about it but yeah, make sure it's clean. Once you get it pierced, try not to touch it cause there's bacteria on your fingers. What else.. clean your earrings after you take em off and put them on, your ears too.

Guest hiimjunebug

Hmm so is it pretty normal to have problems finding the hole? I was also wondering how long it takes to have the hole HEAL so that it's all skin and not still bloody on the inside (if you know what I mean..?)

• 2 months later...
Guest aironeousB

I also have thick earlobes. I pierced my left ear back when I was 16 with a needle and alcohol. I just stood there for a couple hours and pushed it through and twisted it. When it hurt too much I took a 5 minute break. Afterwards I got creative & made heavy earings using small electrical wire and various small objects that I bought from stores. The hole stayed open cuz it got stretched from the heavy earings that I made. I mostly used those metal hooks and then I strung various things from it using electrical wire. I remember people would ask me where I got my earing from.

Archived