Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

7 romantic K-dramas about doctors' passionate personal lives

- skipped unrelated pictures -

The sizzling hot romance between Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Wonin Doctor Crush reminds us that doctors have another life beyond their white coats and Hippocratic oath. Here are 7 captivating dramas about doctors whose lives are filled with passion and intrigue.

- skipped unrelated - 

4. Yong Pal - a romance drama with plenty of corporate intrigue, revenge, and destined love. 

It stars Joo Won as a doctor who moonlights for gangsters on the side, and Kim Tae Hee as the mysterious heiress who is trapped in a coma and lingering between life and death in a hospital's secret VIP suite. How will the two meet and fall in love against all odds?

3dc437ce-ed8e-48c1-91d4-bccc93940922.jpg

4748_YongPal_Nowplay_Small1.jpg

- skipped unrelated - 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/7-dramas-about-doctors-passionate-lives-in-south-korea/

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette

Thank you so much in sharing the link and the information on the sales in SK. 

I have heard before that SK does not have much to offer to tourists in terms of places of interest. The typical places for tours that I often heard of are the snowy mountain for the skiing experience, the filming sites of famous K-dramas, the sakuras or the stores for the cosmetics and skin care products. The fast and easy facilities that you mentioned certainly make it more attractive. I have in mind to visit Seoul one day, but not in the immediate term. What catches my eyes at the moment from SK is their clothing. Yes, the Memo type or the Momo type. I saw the Momo brand in the Nate website but when I wanted to check for its actual name, I don’t see it anymore. Before, it was there everytime I check the Nate news and it was there for a long time. Talk about ‘perfect’ timing, gosh...... :P:lol:

I guess it is winter clothings for sale from December to February and the summer clothings from August to October? I can understand why there are more offers during winter. Less people are willing to go to cold places and businesses need to make good offers to attract customers. Even so, with the good offers, that is, I will think many times over on whether to go to a cold place. I went to NYC end last year but it was not snowing then. The place is so lively and merry, as you know very well since you go there around that time every year, but I suppose you have spent Christmas in Seoul before? Is Christmas in Seoul anywhere near to the lively mood in NYC? The cold  n Seoul/SK is worse than in NYC? Especially in Jan-Feb? I know that KTH and her family usually go on overseas holiday during the new year. I guess it is a time when everybody are able to gather for the holiday season and to escape the cold winter for a few days. I would assume they go to warmer places and with LW's birthday falls]ing on 3 Jan, it is a case of killing two birds with one stone. A family holiday cum LW's birthday celebration. :D

Hi Nancyzak ye, I've also spent Christmas in Seoul once in a while. The Christmas atmosphere in NY is really indescribable; you’ll be amazed by countless lights and decorations, beautifully decorated streets and shop windows. Seoul is no different!  - I was told that the Christmas decorations in shops are usually revealed at the end of November, beginning December. especially the department store, Macy’s.  The famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is an attraction in its own right. I always take this bus tour, which bus drives through the city along the famous Rockefeller Christmas tree and the great displays of the shops on Fifth Avenue. I was also told that the turning on of the lights of the Rockefeller Christmas tree is a big happening in NY. But, if you enjoy looking at the 10-meter Christmas tree in NY, how about double the size and double the lights when you're in Seoul Plaza Hotel, right out in front of City Hall? The whole area shines around the tree.  Christmas events inside Lotte Dept. Store & Shinsegae that every member of the family can enjoy are NICE. Department stores will be the most decorated buildings of any building in Seoul. BTW, SK also recognize Christmas as a national holiday.  Like in our sides of the world there is no Christmas without the music. The same goes for SK but there is a small catch. They don’t quite fit the same genre. In spite that there are very traditional Christmas songs playing on the streets, such as “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night,” these songs will often not be played on the radio.  Some churches are decorated with flashy neon lights and many have bright red neon cross on top. I guess the only difference between them is : In SK, the most popular present is money! The most preferred gift is money, although IDK why but it has become quite trendy. Santa Claus can also be seen around Korea but most that I saw were wearing blue & not red & this IDK also why!   :P

For me, SK has cold winters compared to NY. I've been visiting Seoul since then & I still find it cold as hell & freaky especially for someone like me who come from a warmer climate. I'm not trying to scare you off from Korea - but, if you're okay in the cold, go for it. Temperature can easily drop from 30 to about 19 degrees or even lower reaching below freezing point at times in a matter of days. If you're not dressed properly expect to feel pain all over your body due to being so cold. You can easily get chapped lips, too if you're not careful. Even with jackets and such, you're not going to want to spend all your time outside. This is another nice thing about the winter there is a decrease in crowds! They say that SK is hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. It snows a lot in SK...kind of like NY, too, I guess.  The days with the lowest temperatures in the winter usually occur in the middle and end of January. ... Oh, LW's bday is January 3? So, the family is always out-of-the-country during NY holidays.....Which New Year?  There are actually (2) K-new years. This is because Koreans go by (2) calendars; one being the same people use in the West, and the other being the lunar calendar. :P

• Like 1

Why did Kim Tae-hee and Ryoo Seung-beom get on the same plane to Paris?

photo748728.jpg

Actress Kim Tae-hee and actor Ryoo Seung-beom got on the same plane to Paris, France.

This of course, drew attention and got people wondering why they got on the same plane.

Apparently, it was coincidence. Kim Tae-hee is going to Paris for personal reasons and her schedule doesn't overlap with Ryoo Seung-beom's.

The same goes for Ryoo Seung-beom.

Although they are going to Paris for different reasons, they must be aware of each other as they're on the flight for over 10 hours.

Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

On July 21, 2016 at 0:26 PM, willenette said:

Hi Nancyzak ye, I've also spent Christmas in Seoul once in a while. The Christmas atmosphere in NY is really indescribable; you’ll be amazed by countless lights and decorations, beautifully decorated streets and shop windows. Seoul is no different!  - I was told that the Christmas decorations in shops are usually revealed at the end of November, beginning December. especially the department store, Macy’s.  The famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is an attraction in its own right. I always take this bus tour, which bus drives through the city along the famous Rockefeller Christmas tree and the great displays of the shops on Fifth Avenue. I was also told that the turning on of the lights of the Rockefeller Christmas tree is a big happening in NY. But, if you enjoy looking at the 10-meter Christmas tree in NY, how about double the size and double the lights when you're in Seoul Plaza Hotel, right out in front of City Hall? The whole area shines around the tree.  Christmas events inside Lotte Dept. Store & Shinsegae that every member of the family can enjoy are NICE. Department stores will be the most decorated buildings of any building in Seoul. BTW, SK also recognize Christmas as a national holiday.  Like in our sides of the world there is no Christmas without the music. The same goes for SK but there is a small catch. They don’t quite fit the same genre. In spite that there are very traditional Christmas songs playing on the streets, such as “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night,” these songs will often not be played on the radio.  Some churches are decorated with flashy neon lights and many have bright red neon cross on top. I guess the only difference between them is : In SK, the most popular present is money! The most preferred gift is money, although IDK why but it has become quite trendy. Santa Claus can also be seen around Korea but most that I saw were wearing blue & not red & this IDK also why!   :P

For me, SK has cold winters compared to NY. I've been visiting Seoul since then & I still find it cold as hell & freaky especially for someone like me who come from a warmer climate. I'm not trying to scare you off from Korea - but, if you're okay in the cold, go for it. Temperature can easily drop from 30 to about 19 degrees or even lower reaching below freezing point at times in a matter of days. If you're not dressed properly expect to feel pain all over your body due to being so cold. You can easily get chapped lips, too if you're not careful. Even with jackets and such, you're not going to want to spend all your time outside. This is another nice thing about the winter there is a decrease in crowds! They say that SK is hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. It snows a lot in SK...kind of like NY, too, I guess.  The days with the lowest temperatures in the winter usually occur in the middle and end of January. ... Oh, LW's bday is January 3? So, the family is always out-of-the-country during NY holidays.....Which New Year?  There are actually (2) K-new years. This is because Koreans go by (2) calendars; one being the same people use in the West, and the other being the lunar calendar. :P

Hi @willenette,

Have you ever considered blogging on travels? I think you should, because you are so good in giving such good accounts of travels, shopping, etc. Throw in some Kpop news intermittently, and I think you'll go places! You might even churn some passive income if it gets popular! :blush:

Yes, I went to Rockefeller Center for the Christmas tree and the Christmassy atmosphere last year. To be honest, I expected something more grand. Maybe I was mistaken from all the pictures that I have seen before I visited Rockefeller. Or, maybe because there were so many people there and I was squished and had to squeeze myself through that was hard for me to truly soak in the grandeur. Nonetheless, it was a great place to be for the decors and the atmosphere was very merry, with many taking to ice-skating or milling around on the ground to watch, observe and taking pictures or videos. I understand lighting up the Christmas tree is a big and important event that is carried out by the First Lady. All the more it adds to the star attraction.

I think giving money instead of present is a practical thing to do. I read about people selling or donating their Christmas presents because the presents are not in use or they are extras. With money, the recipients could buy what they like or save it for use on rainy days. Blue Chirstmas in SK? I guess the color does not matter so much as against the faith/belief and spirit of the celebration. Maybe it is an attribute of the unique Koreans, or could it be that the red colour is for their Korean/Lunar New Year celebration?

It's the 1 Jan new year that was what I meant for the holiday of KTH's family, that coincides with LW's birthday celebration. I am not sure whether the family is away for the new year holidays every year, but I learnt about this when KTH left for overseas trip right after the news of her relationship broke on 1 Jan 2013..

Talking about overseas trip, thanks for posting the Hancinema article above. It reported that KTH's trip to Paris is in the private schedule of hers. My guess is she could be having another holiday like she did in Italy a few months back, with her friends. Likely the same friends with whom she holidayed with in Italy. Let us see whether there'll be IG pictures that we could get. Of course, hopefully and with fingers crossed that KTH shares hers like she did last time! :D

So. KTH's Italy travel buddies, who I shall refer both to as H&G, for short, are in Dubrovnik, Croatia now.

In the spoiler below, is the IG picture posted by the G IGier, of 4 friends whose backs are against the camera, who she called Dear my Friends. 

Assuming KTH is holidaying with them (see the Hancinema report of her flight to Paris above), which one is KTH in the IG picture (by discounting the two long haired ladies first) or is she the one taking the IG picture? It's guessing game, for now, and fingers crossed that I am right that KTH is holidaying in Dubrovnik with her friends now! ;):P:D

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Nancyzak said:

I have not seen these KTH’s pictures before.I totally agree with KTH has the winning smile, as we all know.

Credit : IGier

Hi @Nancyzak,

If I'm not mistaken this was taken when they were filming Iris in Japan...and I agree too, I also love KTH's smile .

• Like 2

Continuing with the collaboration between KTH and JWS.

From their movie The Restless. they appeared at press conferences (which is given), awards ceremonies and magazine pictorials.

Here are some of the pictures of KTH only and some, with JWS at the press conferences, award ceremonies and greetings at cinema prior to screening of The Restless, that I have picked, focussing on her looks, fashion and style then.

Credit images : as tagged/owners

kim-taehee-during-11th-pusan-internation

jung-woosung-and-kim-taehee-during-11th-

20061012192406.553.0.jpg

20061012210909.723.0.jpg

973b9481a13bd2a74a8d38bfdb848bd7.jpg

Spoiler

kim-taehee-during-11th-pusan-internation

jung-woosung-and-kim-taehee-during-11th-

cho-dongoh-director-and-jung-woosung-and

1062_4.jpg

1062_3.jpg

1062_6.jpg

1062_7.jpg

KTH_20061012_7.jpg

20061012195118.350.0.jpg

20061012195117.813.0.jpg

20061012212015.226.0.jpg

20061012204008.006.0.jpg

20061012204203.404.0.jpg

KTH_20061012_4.jpg

KTH_20061012_8.jpg

20061012192307.616.0.jpg

20061012203714.486.0.jpg

20061215163025.578.0.jpg

• Like 1

On 19 July 2016 at 9:37 PM, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette,

I like the cutting and style. I have seen another brand, i.e. Momo...(sorry, I can’t remember the full name) which has similar cutting and style. I was pretty interested in that brand’s style. I don’t know what is the prize but I do note what you said about Memo’s prize. The style is loose and airy. There is no need worry about the 'spare tyres’ and just slip the clothes over the head and down the body to wear or like KTH’s, wrap around at the waist. It is alike the CK style, which I love. The fabric looks like linen. One thing I hate to do is ironing the clothes. Hahaha....I will go for the wrinkle free type. if I could help it. The Memo dress worn by KTH is for the summer. I guess they have clothing for all 4 seasons? When is the big sale in SK? During the Summer?

On 20 July 2016 at 11:54 AM, willenette said:

Nancyzak, Ye, I know this clothing brand. I guess this is the full name : Momo Wear or Mo Mo Wear or K-MoMo (something like that-) I heard this is an Egyptian or US brand - please correct me if I'm wrong, dear. IDK if they have an outlet store in Seoul, but seems never heard it. Or is it an online shopping site? 

Hi @willenette

Remember the above topic on the Momo brand that I could not recall then? It shows up at Nate news site and here is the link:

http://www.momodays.com/?DMCOL=DDN

What do you think of the fashion and style? I love them!

While it may not be exactly the same in terms of fabric, patterns and colours, the loose style makes me think of these clothing worn by KTH for her 25ans Japanese magazine photoshoot. I absolutey love these photoshoots and the clothes. But, they are not for everyday wear type of clothes and I don’t think KTH goes for the Momo fashion and style, for her own wears, for casuals. :D

_1_rect521.jpg

_1_rect521.jpg

Credit images above : 25ans

• Like 1

I have seen a video uploaded on YT on the leading ladies of KRW.

KTH and KRW were in LSIH.

Here is an SK news article on the same subject matter.

The leading ladies of KRW.

20160724_1469312373_78103100_1.jpg

With KTH in LSIH.

20160724_1469312569_18763500_1.jpg

" Rooftop Room Cat ' yigyeongmin if this was somewhat lighter in , Kim Rae-won is over a year later, SBS wolhwa drama " Love Story in Harvard " has succeeded in transforming the image . He sunaebo towards the beloved woman, intelligent image , take the time - limited gimhyeonwoo station on studying drama at Harvard Law School and was irritating the viewers of the lacrimal gland . Love did not teach that death was a complete breath of Seoul National University and former beauty actress Kim Tae Hee . Kim Rae-won won the popularity award and top 10 in the Popularity Award SBS Drama Awards that year .

http://news.nate.com/view/20160724n07346

• Like 1

On 7/23/2016 at 7:55 AM, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette,

Have you ever considered blogging on travels? I think you should, because you are so good in giving such good accounts of travels, shopping, etc. Throw in some Kpop news intermittently, and I think you'll go places! You might even churn some passive income if it gets popular! :blush:

Yes, I went to Rockefeller Center for the Christmas tree and the Christmassy atmosphere last year. To be honest, I expected something more grand. Maybe I was mistaken from all the pictures that I have seen before I visited Rockefeller. Or, maybe because there were so many people there and I was squished and had to squeeze myself through that was hard for me to truly soak in the grandeur. Nonetheless, it was a great place to be for the decors and the atmosphere was very merry, with many taking to ice-skating or milling around on the ground to watch, observe and taking pictures or videos. I understand lighting up the Christmas tree is a big and important event that is carried out by the First Lady. All the more it adds to the star attraction.

I think giving money instead of present is a practical thing to do. I read about people selling or donating their Christmas presents because the presents are not in use or they are extras. With money, the recipients could buy what they like or save it for use on rainy days. Blue Chirstmas in SK? I guess the color does not matter so much as against the faith/belief and spirit of the celebration. Maybe it is an attribute of the unique Koreans, or could it be that the red colour is for their Korean/Lunar New Year celebration?

It's the 1 Jan new year that was what I meant for the holiday of KTH's family, that coincides with LW's birthday celebration. I am not sure whether the family is away for the new year holidays every year, but I learnt about this when KTH left for overseas trip right after the news of her relationship broke on 1 Jan 2013..

Talking about overseas trip, thanks for posting the Hancinema article above. It reported that KTH's trip to Paris is in the private schedule of hers. My guess is she could be having another holiday like she did in Italy a few months back, with her friends. Likely the same friends with whom she holidayed with in Italy. Let us see whether there'll be IG pictures that we could get. Of course, hopefully and with fingers crossed that KTH shares hers like she did last time! :D

Hi Nancyzak, thanks for the NICE words, dear - Is that in Korea where they're selling or donating their Xmas presents? Well, I guess it might be true - For me, it's better that someone should get some use out of our presents rather than them sitting on a shelf gathering dust, right? Or charity shop will be more than happy to accept anything that you don't want, as long as it's in good condition. Me, I do regifting - you'll also save money on buying new presents for people. I don't care much about brand names. Even when I gave gifts to family and friends, I wasn’t very particular about the brand of the gift. Sure, I spent a lot of time searching for the best present, and it should have good quality, too, but the best present or a good quality gift doesn’t necessarily have to be pricey or luxurious. This is not the case in SK.  They care a lot about brands, and they don’t mind spending an awful lot of money on luxury brands or top-of-the-line products when they buy presents. I was told that if I'm giving my parents-in-law presents I've to make sure that I'm ready to spend money for the best gift. I was told that the best gift to give them is actually money but then I can’t just give them any amount because they have more than enough of what I have - hahaha. When I met them for the 1st time, I was told not to forget the gift.  Koreans prefer a gift from another country that is either rare or very expensive in Korea. I was told that never go to their house empty-handed.  Koreans are very thoughtful. They like to give the best and most lavish gifts. My BF & his parents would give me gifts even when there was no special occasion. I have plenty of K-friends, too -  Let’s say I offer them a sandwich. The next day, they bring me a lunchbox with kimbop (rice rolls), fruit or other lunchbox food.

Ye, I guess the red color is for their Lunar NY celebration - because all the gifts that I received from them it always has a small red-color decoration on it, since maybe red is the color of good fortune, and represents the new year.

I hope we could get some pictures from her during this Paris vacation. Wait & see......... :P

23 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette

Remember the above topic on the Momo brand that I could not recall then? It shows up at Nate news site and here is the link:

http://www.momodays.com/?DMCOL=DDN

What do you think of the fashion and style? I love them!

While it may not be exactly the same in terms of fabric, patterns and colours, the loose style makes me think of these clothing worn by KTH for her 25ans Japanese magazine photoshoot. I absolutey love these photoshoots and the clothes. But, they are not for everyday wear type of clothes and I don’t think KTH goes for the Momo fashion and style, for her own wears, for casuals. :D

Credit images above : 25ans

*** Thanks for sharing the link. The style is very NICE - it's just that it makes you a little chubby because it's loose. But, this is how the trend nowadays looks like, right? Love them, too! :P

• Like 2

17 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Nancyzak, thanks for the NICE words, dear - Is that in Korea where they're selling or donating their Xmas presents? Well, I guess it might be true - For me, it's better that someone should get some use out of our presents rather than them sitting on a shelf gathering dust, right? Or charity shop will be more than happy to accept anything that you don't want, as long as it's in good condition. Me, I do regifting - you'll also save money on buying new presents for people. I don't care much about brand names. Even when I gave gifts to family and friends, I wasn’t very particular about the brand of the gift. Sure, I spent a lot of time searching for the best present, and it should have good quality, too, but the best present or a good quality gift doesn’t necessarily have to be pricey or luxurious. This is not the case in SK.  They care a lot about brands, and they don’t mind spending an awful lot of money on luxury brands or top-of-the-line products when they buy presents. I was told that if I'm giving my parents-in-law presents I've to make sure that I'm ready to spend money for the best gift. I was told that the best gift to give them is actually money but then I can’t just give them any amount because they have more than enough of what I have - hahaha. When I met them for the 1st time, I was told not to forget the gift.  Koreans prefer a gift from another country that is either rare or very expensive in Korea. I was told that never go to their house empty-handed.  Koreans are very thoughtful. They like to give the best and most lavish gifts. My BF & his parents would give me gifts even when there was no special occasion. I have plenty of K-friends, too -  Let’s say I offer them a sandwich. The next day, they bring me a lunchbox with kimbop (rice rolls), fruit or other lunchbox food.

Ye, I guess the red color is for their Lunar NY celebration - because all the gifts that I received from them it always has a small red-color decoration on it, since maybe red is the color of good fortune, and represents the new year.

I hope we could get some pictures from her during this Paris vacation. Wait & see......... :P

*** Thanks for sharing the link. The style is very NICE - it's just that it makes you a little chubby because it's loose. But, this is how the trend nowadays looks like, right? Love them, too! :P

Hi @willenette,

You are right about the loose Momo dress making the wearer looks fat, but I love this kind of style though. I sincerely mean it when I suggested the blogging. It's so natural coming from you, the way you described the travels, sightseeing, shopping, etc. If you decide to do so, please let me know as I want to be the first few, if not the first of your followers! OK?! ;):D

Selling or donating the Xmas gifts away was something that I learnt of what the Westerners, Aussies, etc., will do. In fact, it is a good time for bargain hunters to seek good bargains when the recipients unload their Xmas gifts for sale. I heard about the re-gifting, like what you do. I even read stories about gifts that went round with some seeng the very gifts gifted by them! I suppose you would ensure that this does to happen to you when you re-gift?

Oh yes, I do know, from dramas, how Koreans are particular with gifts. At my place we do that too when we go visiting, but for the Koreans, as I observed, the packaging is important other than the gift itself. Take for example, the fruit basket. The handle and basket are decorated and tied with big ribbons. Kdramas have the men carrying such fruit baskets when they go visiting the future in laws. In other example, the flowers arrangements are tall with an abundance of flowers for official events. It was through the K-ent news that I saw and come to know about rice wreaths. Before that, I only identify wreath with funeral. :P

We watch in the Kdramas how mother-in-laws making a big fuss on daughter-in-laws’ small gifts. Life is tough indeed for daughters-in-law. I am not surprised if this is one of the factors that many SK females are not walking down the aisle or making it there soon.

About KTH’s trip to Croatia (I am quite confident that she is having fun with her 3 buddies in Croatia). G’s latest IG update shows her at the famous UNESCO World Heritage, Plitvice Lakes National Park, which is also the oldest national park in Southeast Europe. This is link to the UNESCO pictures of the lakes.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/98

I have seen pictures of the lakes before this. The beauty of the lakes is breathtaking!

Let us ‘take a little trip to the lakes' via this video, through each level of the lakes with natural sounds of the waterfall and chirping birds. ! I would imagine what KTH and her friends saw and what we would see had we been there (ooppsss, unless you have gone there already!). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PABZn4QyF08

Credit : Eliezer Cotter

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette,

You are right about the loose Momo dress making the wearer looks fat, but I love this kind of style though. I sincerely mean it when I suggested the blogging. It's so natural coming from you, the way you described the travels, sightseeing, shopping, etc. If you decide to do so, please let me know as I want to be the first few, if not the first of your followers! OK?! ;):D

Selling or donating the Xmas gifts away was something that I learnt of what the Westerners, Aussies, etc., will do. In fact, it is a good time for bargain hunters to seek good bargains when the recipients unload their Xmas gifts for sale. I heard about the re-gifting, like what you do. I even read stories about gifts that went round with some seeng the very gifts gifted by them! I suppose you would ensure that this does to happen to you when you re-gift?

Oh yes, I do know, from dramas, how Koreans are particular with gifts. At my place we do that too when we go visiting, but for the Koreans, as I observed, the packaging is important other than the gift itself. Take for example, the fruit basket. The handle and basket are decorated and tied with big ribbons. Kdramas have the men carrying such fruit baskets when they go visiting the future in laws. In other example, the flowers arrangements are tall with an abundance of flowers for official events. It was through the K-ent news that I saw and come to know about rice wreaths. Before that, I only identify wreath with funeral. :P

We watch in the Kdramas how mother-in-laws making a big fuss on daughter-in-laws’ small gifts. Life is tough indeed for daughters-in-law. I am not surprised if this is one of the factors that many SK females are not walking down the aisle or making it there soon.

About KTH’s trip to Croatia (I am quite confident that she is having fun with her 3 buddies in Croatia). G’s latest IG update shows her at the famous UNESCO World Heritage, Plitvice Lakes National Park, which is also the oldest national park in Southeast Europe. This is link to the UNESCO pictures of the lakes.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/98

I have seen pictures of the lakes before this. The beauty of the lakes is breathtaking!

Let us ‘take a little trip to the lakes' via this video, through each level of the lakes with natural sounds of the waterfall and chirping birds. ! I would imagine what KTH and her friends saw and what we would see had we been there (ooppsss, unless you have gone there already!). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PABZn4QyF08

Credit : Eliezer Cotter

Hi Nancyzak, hahaha - this could get really embarrassing. I always make sure that this won't happen to me because I avoid re-gifting within the same circle of friends. I know & I guess you think that passing along a gift is tacky. I'm sure most people get unreasonably offended when they even suspect that the scarf or the mug was first given to the giver by someone else. Me, when I re-gift or re-give, it comes from the heart. When we give gifts, whether new or a pass-along, it really is the thought that counts.

Before rice wreaths appeared, fans used to send flower bouquets. ... Rice wreaths are one of the most common now in SK. Do you know to whom this started? I read this once that giving rice wreaths was actually initiated by Shinhwa fans some years ago when they sent them for the first time to celebrate the solo concert of one of the members. For an international K-pop fan the idea of giving rice wreaths is baffling because there aren’t many customs similar to this performed for Western music artists or actors. There are many things about the K-pop fandom that seem bizarre to someone not from SK like me. Like you, I also identify wreath with funeral.....  :D

I've been to Paris but haven't been to that place, Croatia. I've watched the video you posted & it looks like the place is very close to nature, which I don't really dig in. But, I know how to appreciate nature, though & those views are very NICE! I couldn't agree with you more - those are breathtaking! Thanks for sharing the clip, dear. :P

• Like 2