[Current Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

Producer Ken Murase: Tonight's Ep 03 is directed by Mai Takano. The episode's story would be about losing someone important, and also about Marine Day.

So... Ep03 is ninjas cutting onions episode.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The episode's story would be about losing someone important, and also about Marine Day.

Losing Yayoi perhaps? :D

• LOL 2

Kyaaaaa, the little Yamato is so adorably cute!!!

With the 3rd ep released today, there's also a 10 min clip of the Tsukioka family, narrated through the point of view of Yamato.

Spoiler

Five minutes of it, the family is eating! 😆 

It's the very ideal meal of a very close-knit family - Dad Kazuya and Natsu pouring beer to each other’s glass, Mama Yukiko putting more rice into Yamato's bowl, Natsu taking from the fridge another can of beer and the bottle of mayo Yamato wanted for his chicken.

Then there's the flashback, of how it started, when he was a kid and Kazuya and him are out having a treat. Kazuya tells him that there'll be a new mother for him, and an elder brother as well. He has some misgivings but he, even as a kid, could see how happy his father was.

Next scene is the new blended family having a meal. Yamato is still quite reserved, and rather than take from Yukiko the rice she offered, he tried to take his own rice himself. It was difficult for him since he was still quite small, and was surprised by Natsu who followed him and helped serve rice in his bowl.

Afterwards, Natsu and Yamato became closer. Natsu may not be related to Yamato's late mother, but he too would be paying respect to her like Yamato does. Yamato would also start warming to Yukiko with Natsu's gentle prodding. 

Back to when they're already grown-ups, the short clip ends with the siblings eating ice lollies. 

@partyon I read the synopsis of the upcoming 4th ep, and your hunch between Yayoi and Natsu might come true! 😱

https://www.fujitv.co.jp/uminohajimari/story/story04.html

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

With the 3rd ep released today, there's also a 10 min clip of the Tsukioka family, narrated in the point of view of Yamato.

Am gonna watch it once subs are out (and read your spoilers only then). 

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@partyon I read the synopsis of the upcoming 4th ep, and your hunch between Yayoi and Natsu might come true! 😱

Am just saying that in real life, they have a very dysfunctional relationship and one that is lacking in setting boundaries and clear communication. If they were a real life couple, they should break up.

• Wiggle 1

Done watching Ep03 🥹

Woah. Sena, she's perfect as Umi. She just turned 7, and she can absolutely blow away many with her eye speak alone.

Spoiler

AAAARGH!!! YAYOI!!!

She is as nice as can be, but it seems she doesn't know when it matters not to actually say anything or when to butt in! 😤

This is their huge difference and will surely cause a conflict later between her and Natsu. 

Natsu, he's slow to speaking up, or react, but when he does, the words are often right because he gathers his thoughts first. He's very perceptive and he is very, very good in reading the room. 

That's exactly how he and his blended family work so well because they 4 all know the meaning of correct timing, giving space, and when to reach out.

I can not with Yayoi when Umi dropped by the 2nd time in the flat of Natsu!

Natsu was asking Umi why she's still pretending to be okay when things are not alright, why she's not crying at all.

Yayoi chose this time to contradict Natsu and tell Umi not to mind him and not to cry.

Natsu's questions and concern for his daughter's well-being are the catalyst for Umi to finally cry. 

Not just cry, but ran to Natsu seeking his comfort, and to cry together.

She did not at all look at Yayoi, and the handkerchief she was offering. Natsu might have even sounded insensitive, but it's his sincerity and mutual grieving that reached Umi. Not the comforting, albeit empty words of Yayoi. 

Natsu in this episode is speaking more, and is more comfortable interacting with Umi. They're so much closer than before. 😍

Akane made Natsu help in the kitchen when he visited the first time, hehehe. 

Spoiler

Another AAAARRRGGHHH!!!

TSUNO. Sigh.

So he and Natsu had some sort of confrontation, with him mostly talking. 

Natsu apologised to Tsuno several times, even if he has nothing to apologise for. He can't be blamed over something he knew nothing about. Tsuno's anger is misplaced. 

The grudge is understandable, but he should not take it out on Natsu.

Neither should he, in Ep04 preview, pile it up on Umi.

And... Natsu's eyes were hard when Yayoi kept asking of him deciding being a father to Umi.

Gurl, just why do you want to rush it, the father and daughter are getting along well but they're still getting to know each other and she's yet to meet the family of Natsu! 🤦‍♀️

Plus this kind of situation, it is more harmful to rush it! Besides, if Mizuki did not tell Umi about her father, the little girl will not easily warm up to the father she just met.

Do you want to mother Umi so much to make up for the baby you lost? Are you eaten up by (belated) guilt or regret, hence you're trying to somehow compensate one way or another?

Natsu and Umi make a very pretty picture at the beach.

Happy 7th Birthday Umi!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The official audio "To New Lovers" is released! ❤️ 

▪︎○▪︎○▪︎○▪︎○▪︎○▪︎○▪︎○▪︎

Made it again to the top of world trending! 🎊 

Ep 04 preview

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ep03 warm Mizuki-Umi opening scene ❤️

Umi, it's kinda difficult to grow taller than Daddy Natsu. 😅

Practice for cast and crew before shooting

Views of over 4M each for Ep01 and Ep02, a new record for two consecutive episodes. 👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Watched ep 3. :glasses:

@MayanEcho Like you, Yayoi rubbed me the wrong way in this episode. Ok, she rubbed me the wrong way in ep 1 and 2, but now she REALLY REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. :angry:

Why is she butting in, seriously? She needs to let Natsu and Umi get to know each other first. She needs to give them space. She's only doing this because she's desperate to replace the child she didn't have. She's not thinking of Natsu and she's not thinking of Umi. She's thinking only of herself.

When she was telling Natsu off for telling Umi that it's ok to not pretend to be okay all the time, that's when I lost it. Woman, you clearly do not know how to raise a child. Natsu was extremely perceptive and I'm happy he allows Umi to be herself and tell her that all feelings are okay. He's already showing signs of being a good dad.

Am so done with Yayoi.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Yoongi is too.... 😡 LOL

I know some people have been criticizing Akane for her passive-aggressive behavior, but I think it's quite understandable. She just lost her only child after so desperately wanting one, and now she's raising her grand-daughter and trying to navigate the whole situation. It can't be easy for her.

So, if I were watching a kdrama, I would say that we're seeing some signs of what twists and turns this drama might throw at us. But since it's a Japanese drama, am not sure if they use the same recipes. haha

I feel like the writers gave us a clue what is to come. The book about Umi's health and Akane's speech to Natsu about how to get help if something happens to Umi... I feel like Yayoi will cause something to happen to Umi and it will become a real beep-show. I think Akane will lose it and then Natsu will finally see Yayoi's true colors. And hopefully it will be the end of their "love" story. Because I don't really think they're in love. Natsu doesn't love Yayoi as much as he loved Mizuki, and Yayoi seems too desperate to get married and have babies due to her age.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Why is she butting in, seriously? She needs to let Natsu and Umi get to know each other first. She needs to give them space. She's only doing this because she's desperate to replace the child she didn't have. She's not thinking of Natsu and she's not thinking of Umi. She's thinking only of herself.

I actually had fleeting thoughts that Yayoi might see Umi as the convenient, instant child to have - she doesn't have to get pregnant again should she and Natsu form their own family because Umi is already there. 😑

Will she keep prodding Natsu if Umi isn't the easy-going child, quietly grieving her lose? What if Umi is like a wildcat lashing at and resenting everyone?

I know some people have been criticizing Akane for her passive-aggressive behavior, but I think it's quite understandable. She just lost her only child after so desperately wanting one, and now she's raising her grand-daughter and trying to navigate the whole situation. It can't be easy for her.

Yup, they should cut her some slack. She wasn't rude, she's being cautious. After losing Mizuki, they only have Umi left. Besides, she said she's 70. Raising a 7 year old girl who is bold enough to look for her dad's place can't be easy, even if Umi is a darling. 

I feel like Yayoi will cause something to happen to Umi and it will become a real beep-show.

Or even Tsuno. I'm somehow in favour of Natsu and him getting into blows. 😆

Yayoi seems too desperate to get married and have babies due to her age.

Yayoi is around 30, older that Natsu for a couple years. But yes, she's the one who's already started to think about marriage, whereas Natsu looks like he's still in the getting to know her phase - not that I'd blame him to be cautious, since he witnessed the outcome of his mother and bio dad's divorce. It took about 7 years before his mother remarried.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Will she keep prodding Natsu if Umi isn't the easy-going child, quietly grieving her lose? What if Umi is like a wildcat lashing at and resenting everyone?

I think Yayoi is more attracted to the idea of being a mom than anything else here....

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Or even Tsuno. I'm somehow in favour of Natsu and him getting into blows. 😆

He seems to be disappointed that Mizuki never became his girlfriend and that someone else was in her heart the whole time. That's why I think he's upset with Natsu. Have a feeling that Natsu is not going to fight Tsuno, though. He doesn't seem to be that kind of guy lol.

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

But yes, she's the one who's already started to think about marriage, whereas Natsu looks like he's still in the getting to know her phase

Natsu gives no signals that he is comfortable of the idea of marrying Yayoi and starting a family with her. I just want her to be gone, so that he can finally grieve Mizuki in peace and build a stable relationship with his daughter, "in-laws" and allowing his daughter to become a part of Natsu's family. Yayoi inserting herself everywhere is getting old. Just dump her.

Homework Exit GIF by comparethemarket

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Have a feeling that Natsu is not going to fight Tsuno, though. He doesn't seem to be that kind of guy lol.

I'd like to think he would and more, if Tsuno or anyone harms Umi. 😅

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

I just want her to be gone,

Ep 04 preview - it's a possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Birthday at the library BTS

I spy the AED sign - at first I thought it was the currency, looked up its meaning it's short for Automated External Defibrillators.

This is the Tsuno I'd later like to see in the drama. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I finally watched ep 3. It kept buffering yesterday, so I gave up.

Dang, Akane is 70?  She looks good!

Mizuki was unselfish, not wanting to burden Natsu with a child.  I thought it was funny that Natsu's parents believe Natsu's request for a family meeting will be to announce his engagement to Yayoi.  Tsune is hard on Natsu.  But maybe understandable if he had feelings for Mizuki and now he finally meets his "rival".  At that point, I thought, at least Yayoi is trying to be a part of Natsu's new life.  @partyon I wrote the same thing when Natsu told Umi that she doesn't have to pretend to be happy.  He is perceptive and I think that will make him a good father.  Yup, I started to tear up when Umi ran to Natsu to hug him.  Toward the end of the episode, I noted that Yayoi looks more like an outsider.  Natsu is looking more comfortable, less awkward around Umi.  

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Dang, Akane is 70?  She looks good!

:approves:

18 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I thought it was funny that Natsu's parents believe Natsu's request for a family meeting will be to announce his engagement to Yayoi. 

I'm looking forward to the "child reveal"! 😂

More than that, I wanna see how will Natsu's family react, whether Yamato would be rendered speechless? Because I'm sorta thinking that their lines would be somewhere along "You had a girlfriend in college?" "How did you sweet talk that girl to be your girlfriend?" "There's no other kid we don't know about?" 😅

•○•○•○•○•○•○•

Selfie with Meme

Meme in a super hide-and-seek game with more than 2000 HS students

They're very considerate filming with Sena, having her scenes done first 😊

• Blob 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

More than that, I wanna see how will Natsu's family react, whether Yamato would be rendered speechless? Because I'm sorta thinking that their lines would be somewhere along "You had a girlfriend in college?" "How did you sweet talk that girl to be your girlfriend?" "There's no other kid we don't know about?" 😅

I think Natsu's family will be, of course, surprised, but receptive.  Yamato's reaction might be the highlight of the reveal.  

Umi is a veteran actress!  I started another drama noticed her.  I think she's 4-5 years old in that drama!

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

The allegory of the break-up

When Mizuki was telling Natsu she found someone else she loves more than him, and she would want to spend her life with that new love, she really meant it.

She wasn't lying to Natsu.

Because she was talking about their baby Umi.

When Natsu told Mizuki off that her "new love" will find out soon how fickle she is and would later be dumped... weren't those prophetic words as well?

Because only 8 years later, Mizuki will pass away, leaving behind Umi.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

think Natsu's family will be, of course, surprised, but receptive.  Yamato's reaction might be the highlight of the reveal.  

It's always the quiet ones who gives the most unexpected surprises. 😅

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Umi is a veteran actress!  I started another drama noticed her.  I think she's 4-5 years old in that drama!

She's a talented child actress 🤩

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Uhm, my previous post above ⬆️ was merely my musings yesterday coming across the scene of Natsu's despair over Mizuki breaking up with him on phone.

Little did I guess that it's like a spoiler for Ep04 which I just finished watching. 👀

• Like 1
  • Blob 1