[Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

I don't like how Kocowa translates "Oppa" with "Jin-Ho" sometimes. In context, at one point it makes it sound like FL is mad that her daughter called someone with their first name. 

@liyahsbutterfly

I realized that Han Chae-Young and Kim Kyu-Seon are 8 years old apart in real life. They were born in the same decade. Yet in this drama, they are playing mother and daughter that are 20 years old apart?  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, kboramint said:

realized that Han Chae-Young and Kim Kyu-Seon are 8 years old apart in real lie. They were born in the same decade. Yet in this drama, they are playing mother and daughter that are 20 years old apart?  

I think they want a young-looking mother who can attract a young successful guy. They cannot pick someone who looks like Macron’s wife and make her alluring. I hastily apologise to Francophones, I can’t think of another example.

I think they could make the two sisters.  FL is the older sister who brought up the younger one.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, maribella said:

I think they could make the two sisters.  FL is the older sister who brought up the younger one.

SFL (Han Bo-Reum) is 7 years old apart. I think they could had made FL a 20-something year old gold digger marrying some teenager's dad and FL becomes the teenager's mom and FL's sister becomes the teenager's aunt despite also being a teenager. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I realized that Han Chae-Young and Kim Kyu-Seon are 8 years old apart in real life. They were born in the same decade. Yet in this drama, they are playing mother and daughter that are 20 years old apart? 

Kim Kyu-Seon doesn't even look that old. I had no idea.  Han Chae-Young also looks quite young for her age.

Does anyone think that Jin-Ho is Jung-In's son with Jung Woo-Jin? And Hyun-Woo is Tae-Chang's son with Lee Seon-Ae? (She's Hyun-Woo and Seung-Woo's mother.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Does anyone think that Jin-Ho is Jung-In's son with Jung Woo-Jin? And Hyun-Woo is Tae-Chang's son with Lee Seon-Ae? (She's Hyun-Woo and Seung-Woo's mother.)

I just assume Jin-Ho coincientally resembles Jung Woo-Jin, and Jung Woo-Jin is Joo-Ryeon's bio-father.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I just assume Jin-Ho coincientally resembles Jung Woo-Jin, and Jung Woo-Jin is Joo-Ryeon's bio-father.  

Like a doppelganger? Interesting. You might be onto something with that theory too.

I really like that this drama doesn't feel like a daily. It feels more like a prime-time drama. The directing is great.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Like a doppelganger? Interesting. You might be onto something with that theory too.

Yeah, that's why she likes him before her death. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Kim Kyu-Seon doesn't even look that old. I had no idea.  Han Chae-Young also looks quite young for her age.

Air brush, make up and lighting plus Dr Lee the well known doctor can make anyone look younger. She’s 40 plus, even non-entertainers look younger nowadays. She was known as Barbie in her young days.

According to the summary, ML looks like her first love. Isn’t Joo Ryeon’s father her current husband? I don’t think he’s anyone’s first love. :lol:

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Do you think the leads will get together/back together it seems like they still care for each other (ML has though about her)?. *Jin Ho/Jung Woo Jin & Baek Seol Ah *

I quite like the director, those glasses and being a director could mean brains and sensitivity. But I have read that real directors - not kdrama’s- could be as bad as Weinstein.

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

think they could had made FL a 20-something year old gold digger marrying s

I think she has to be in her forties to make her a career woman who built a company. Twenty year old gold diggers won’t be as smart as those in their forties.

• Like 3

Omigoodness, next will only be ep 7, and the ML is going to be brainwashed by the FL. We would have to watch another 100 more eps. !! Will there be a lot of background stories?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maribella said:

According to the summary, ML looks like her first love. Isn’t Joo Ryeon’s father her current husband? I don’t think he’s anyone’s first love

They showed her giving birth to who I assume is Joo Ryeon during her flashbacks of her first love. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  like that theory that many hurt her. like on one of hercule poirot stories.

yes, and like in some of the series, it also looks like I will need narrator (like poirot) to explain how all these people are interlinked. there are too many characters to figure out who is who... 

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

They showed her giving birth to who I assume is Joo Ryeon during her flashbacks of her first love. 

if this was a jdrama or something on netflix, I would think we are going into incest type territory where Joo Ryeon and Jin Ho are either full siblings or half siblings. 

chingus, did he sleep with her already? rather than pride, he seems to be insecure and has a chip on his shoulder. he is assuming that everyone is born rich when in reality, kyung sook murdered her way into riches.. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maribella said:

Isn’t Joo Ryeon’s father her current husband? I don’t think he’s anyone’s first love. :lol:

Joo-Ryeon's father was married to Hyun-Woo's mother though. So I guess he was her first love.

10 hours ago, maribella said:

Air brush, make up and lighting plus Dr Lee the well known doctor can make anyone look younger. She’s 40 plus, even non-entertainers look younger nowadays.

South Korea is well known for plastic surgery.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I would think we are going into incest type territory where Joo Ryeon and Jin Ho are either full siblings or half siblings. 

I think they're half-siblings.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, did he sleep with her already? rather than pride, he seems to be insecure and has a chip on his shoulder.

Yes, Jin-Ho and Joo-Ryeon slept together. He definitely seems insecure.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

there are too many characters to figure out who is who... 

For some reason, there's no relationship chart either.

12 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Do you think the leads will get together/back together it seems like they still care for each other (ML has though about her)?

I doubt it, right now. Maybe it'll change later, though.

• Like 3

@liyahsbutterfly who is hyun woo? I  could only remember JH and SA’s names.

What is FL’s husband’s name? He is the one who scammed SA’s father by pushing him to marry his wife FL. Of course, it’s not valid. Is he the father?

14 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Joo-Ryeon's father was married to Hyun-Woo's mother though. So I guess he was her first love.

The way the summary wrote about her first love, it was as if he was dead or gone. But JR’s father is present, much alive.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

who is hyun woo? I  could only remember JH and SA’s names.

Hyun-Woo is the director (with the glasses) and the 2nd ML. He was holding hands with SA in episode 1.

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

What is FL’s husband’s name?

Min Tae-Chang.

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

The way the summary wrote about her first love, it was as if he was dead or gone.

He's likely dead, but I still think he's Jin-Ho's father (at least part of me thinks so.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I think they're half-siblings.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, did he sleep with her already? rather than pride, he seems to be insecure and has a chip on his shoulder.

won't that be too scandalous for a KBS daily?!  :o

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

think they're half-siblings.

4 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

This is KBS. A conservative broadcast channel. They'll diferently will not allowed this. 

• Like 2

Ok, it looks like that the ML didn't get skip his wedding due to the fact that he was with a mistress but rather he was hit by the FLwith a car and was taken to her house (hidden from her family, btw) and it looks like he has some sort of amnesia.  

I guess this will lead to a misunderstanding that he was with another woman. 

• Like 3