[Upcoming Drama 2024] To My Haeri, 나의 해리에게- Shin Hye Sun & Lee Jin Wook-Mon&Tue- Premieres on September 23

larus

Shin Hye Sun And Lee Jin Wook Clash As Ex-Lovers Turn Rivals In "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 30, 2024
by M Lim

ENA’s upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has unveiled a fresh glimpse of ex-lovers Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jin Wook!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook).

Shin Hye Sun plays Joo Eun Ho, a 14-year veteran announcer with zero presence, while Lee Jin Wook portrays Jung Hyun Oh, a star announcer and a well-liked “perfect guy.” The two were in a long-term relationship for eight years before breaking up, and though they appear to be bickering rivals on the surface, a closer look reveals that their eyes are often busy trying to find each other.

In the newly released stills, Jung Hyun Oh is seen swiping his ID card for Joo Eun Ho at the entrance of a broadcasting station. As the stills show Joo Eun Ho without her own ID badge, it seems that she is receiving help from him. The gentle smile on Jung Hyun Oh’s face hints at a sense of triumph, sparking curiosity about the reason behind it.

by Lily Alice, September 2, 2024
8 3

Genie TV's upcoming original series Dear Hyeri released character stills of actress Jo Hye Joo.

Dear Hyeri tells the story of Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun) who suffers from dissociative identity disorder and manifests a new personality due to a deep emotional wound she carries.

Jo Hye Joo (My DemonReborn Rich) plays Baek Hye Yeon, an MZ generation (referring to both millennials and Gen Z) announcer with Media N Seoul. She is a confident and smart character with multifaceted charm, who harbors admiration towards her senior announcer Kang Ju Yeon (Kang Hoon).

d0Qg0D_2f.png

In the stills, Baek Hye Yeon exudes confidence at the company's sports event. Glaring at her opponent, her self-confidence shines, making her unrivaled. 

kA3pAb_2f.png

Baek Hye Yeon radiates such vibrant charm, and is a character free from jealousy, inferiority complex, or envy, but is vulnerable to loneliness. After meeting Kang Ju Yeon, her life takes an unexpected turn as she finds her curiosity towards him growing day by day.

eYrpYe_2f.png

Spoiler

QJBVJ4_2f.png

Dear Hyeri will premiere on September 23. The K-drama will be available to stream on Viki.  

https://mydramalist.com/article/jo-hye-joo-brims-with-self-confidence-in-new-stills-from-dear-hyeri

Shin Hye Sun And Lee Jin Wook Are Inseparable As A Couple In "Dear Hyeri"

Sep 03, 2024
by M Lim

ENA’s upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has offered a look at the height of Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jin Wook’s on-screen romance!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook).

Shin Hye Sun plays Joo Eun Ho, a 14-year veteran announcer with zero presence, while Lee Jin Wook portrays Jung Hyun Oh, a star announcer and a well-liked “perfect guy.” The two were in a long-term relationship for eight years before they broke up and now are filled with resentment toward each other.

The newly released stills capture the peak of their once-passionate romance. In the stills, Joo Eun Ho and Jung Hyun Oh are inseparable, sharing warm gazes and tender interactions. Whether it’s Eun Ho gently caressing Hyun Oh’s cheek or Hyun Oh smiling widely as he embraces Eun Ho, the images reveal just how sweet their relationship once was.

dear-hyeri-0903-4.jpeg

dear-hyeri-0903-1.jpeg

Scenes of Eun Ho playfully clinging to Hyun Oh’s leg as he washes dishes and riding on his back with a joyful expression further emphasize their past happiness. What caused this once-happy couple to break up and what led to their current animosity?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1685870wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-lee-jin-wook-are-inseparable-as-a-couple-in-dear-hyeri

"Dear Hyeri" Writer Praises Cast, Talks About Scriptwriting Process, Drama's Message, And More

Sep 05, 2024

The scriptwriter for the upcoming drama “Dear Hyeri” has shared her thoughts on the script and cast!

Scriptwriter Han Ga Ram discussed her writing process, saying, “If the saying, ‘A writer projects themselves onto their characters,’ holds true, then the protagonist Hye Ri is a lot like me. She may not have much, but she finds happiness easily. I used to think everyone could easily find happiness, but I’ve learned that’s not true for everyone. Even people who have a lot can struggle to be happy. That’s why I wrote ‘Dear Hyeri’—to show that happiness can come simply from being with loved ones.”

dear-hyeri-16.jpg

dear-hyeri-15.jpg

Amid the buzz around Shin Hye Sun’s dual role in a unique romance, her character as Eun Ho has dissociative identity disorder. Scriptwriter Han Ga Ram explained her message about this condition: “I wanted to show that having a lot but being unhappy, like Eun Ho, and having little but being happy, like Hye Ri, both illustrate that a life that seems ideal doesn’t guarantee happiness, and a life that seems sad isn’t necessarily unhappy. Happiness is fair.”

dear-hyeri-13.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686343wpp/dear-hyeri-writer-praises-cast-talks-about-scriptwriting-process-dramas-message-and-more

Dear Hyeri teaser, poster: Lee Jin Wook tries to make it work with Shin Hye Sun's new personality after painful break-up

Dear Hyeri starring Shin Hye Sun, Lee Jin Wook has released a new teaser as well as a poster featuring Lee Jin Wook. Check it out below!

Updated on Sep 06, 2024

1099614153_dear-hyeri-shin-hye-sun-lee-j

The upcoming K-drama Dear Hyeri has released new teasers ahead of its premiere! This healing romance drama centers on Joo Eun Ho (played by Shin Hye Sun), an announcer, who develops dissociative identity disorder after her younger sibling goes missing and she breaks up with her longtime boyfriend, Hyun Oh (played by Lee Jin Wook).

In the drama, Shin Hye Sun takes on dual roles: Joo Eun Ho, a 14-year veteran announcer with minimal presence, and Joo Hye Ri, a parking lot attendant. Lee Jin Wook stars as Jung Hyun Oh, a prominent announcer.

The newly released character poster features Jung Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook) burying his face in someone’s shoulder while smiling brightly. The text on the poster reads, “I want you to be happy,” hinting at the warm and supportive nature of his relationship with Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun).

The newly released short-form drama teaser opens with Joo Eun Ho confessing, “I hate Hyun Oh—because I can’t have him.” Despite this, it seems that Jung Hyun Oh still harbors lingering feelings for Eun Ho as he can’t stop talking about her.

Another scene shows Hyun Oh encountering Hye Ri instead of Eun Ho. Although Hyun Oh calls out Eun Ho’s name, Hye Ri doesn’t turn around and ignores him. The next day, when Hyun Oh brings up the encounter to Eun Ho, she responds, “Why would you ruin my mood by coming to my house?” leaving Hyun Oh visibly flustered.

Scriptwriter Han Ga Ram of Dear Hyeri previously shared insights into her writing process, noting that if the saying “A writer projects themselves onto their characters” is true, then the protagonist Hye Ri shares much in common with her. Despite not having much, Hye Ri finds happiness easily, reflecting Ga Ram's earlier belief that happiness was readily accessible to everyone. However, she has since learned that this isn’t the case for everyone, as even those with much can struggle with finding happiness. This realization inspired her to write Dear Hyeri—to highlight that true happiness often comes from being with loved ones.

Amid the excitement surrounding Shin Hye Sun’s dual role in Dear Hyeri, where her character Eun Ho experiences dissociative identity disorder, scriptwriter Han Ga Ram shared her perspective on this condition. She explained that she aimed to illustrate through Eun Ho’s story that having a lot but feeling unhappy, and having little but finding happiness, both highlight a crucial truth: an ideal life doesn’t guarantee happiness, and a seemingly sad life isn’t necessarily unhappy. Ga Ram's message is that happiness is fair and can be found regardless of one's circumstances.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-hyeri-teaser-poster-lee-jin-wook-tries-to-make-it-work-with-shin-hye-suns-new-personality-after-painful-break-up-1346145

News bites: September 8, 2024

by tccolb

1725417793925475.jpg

1725581697921710.jpg

Spoiler

1725417805425424.jpg

Speaking of ex-couples, new posters have dropped for ENA’s upcoming Dear Hyeri (previously To My Hae-ri), wishing happiness for our broken-up leads Shin Hye-sun (Welcome to Samdal-ri) and Lee Jin-wook (Sweet Home 3). Premiering this month on September 23 in the Monday-Tuesday slot, the romance also stars Kang Hoon (A Time Called You) and Jo Hye-joo (My Demon). [Xports News (1), (2)]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/news-bites-september-8-2024/

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1902001

20240910014329_dear-hyeri-teaser-2.jpg?sWatch: Shin Hae Sun And Lee Jin Uk Break Up Over Different Views On Marriage In "Dear Hyeri" Teaser

Sep 10, 2024

ENA’s “Dear Hyeri” has unveiled a new teaser ahead of the premiere!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hae Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Jung Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Uk).

The newly released teaser shows Joo Eun Ho and Jung Hyun Oh ending their eight-year relationship.

The footage opens with the couple parting on a staircase after a date. The initially warm mood quickly turns cold, and their separation feels as quick as the number of steps. Hyun Oh tells Eun Ho, “I’m not doing that, Eun Ho,” to which she responds, “Oh, is that so?” signaling the start of a typical lovers’ argument.

Hyun Oh then says, “I told you from the start that I wasn’t going to do that.” Eun Ho responds, “If you never planned to get married, there was no reason for us to date for eight years.” She adds, “Even if I meet someone else now, I feel like I’ll be over 40.”

However, Hyun Oh’s expression soon changes, and he says, “If you’re going to meet someone new right away, we should break up now.” The conversation quickly turns from an argument to a breakup. Hyun Oh, now cold and distant, says, “Goodbye, Joo Eun Ho,” and walks away. Realizing what’s happening too late, Eun Ho runs after him, grabs his arm, and pleads with him.

Hyun Oh pulls his arm away from Eun Ho’s grip and says, “Whether we’ve been together for eight years or eight weeks, breaking up is the same.” He adds, “‘Goodbye,’ ‘Farewell’—that’s all it takes, Eun Ho,” and walks away, leaving her in tears.

As Eun Ho begs him not to leave, Hyun Oh says, “I can’t marry you, Joo Eun Ho. But I know you want to [get married].” Eun Ho replies, “No, I won’t ask again. I’m sorry for bringing it up.” Despite her pleas, Hyun Oh remains firm and unyielding, deepening Eun Ho’s distress.

Eun Ho and Hyun Oh end their eight-year relationship due to differing views on marriage. This teaser video ahead of the premiere has already highlighted Joo Eun Ho’s deep sorrow and Jung Hyun Oh’s emotional struggle in ending the relationship. This has generated increasing excitement for the romance these two actors will portray.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1687328wpp/watch-shin-hae-sun-and-lee-jin-uk-break-up-over-different-views-on-marriage-in-dear-hyeri-teaser

Shin Hye-sun’s Dear Hyeri confuses Lee Jin-wook

by tccolb

It’s a promo parade on ENA for the upcoming romance Dear Hyeri, showcasing Shin Hye-sun (Welcome to Samdal-ri) and team in a new poster and retro-style video collage, in addition to new character teasers.

We start with our announcer heroine Joo Eun-ho (Shin Hye-sun) who has the tagline of wanting to be happy. In a flashback with Lee Jin-wook (Sweet Home 3), she had teasingly asked him to pick between her and his other likes. And fellow announcer Jung Hyun-oh (Lee Jin-wook) had lovingly confirmed that Eun-ho wins over the vacuum as well as the 9 o’clock news. But the mood is cold in present day at the office, where Eun-ho explains that she already works damn hard from 5 AM to 2 PM and doesn’t want to add a 4 PM live broadcast.

A petty Hyun-oh then offers to take it, calling Eun-ho “that thing” instead of “her.” An irate Eun-ho confronts him afterwards, wondering if Hyun-oh is still acting out of love. If that’s the case, she emphatically rejects it and tells him to keep any foolish feelings to himself. This then leads to Eun-ho and Hyun-oh on the show together. But sunbae Jeon Bae-soo (Queen of Tears) is – understandably – a little scared to see Eun-ho laughing hysterically about their ironic situation.

We then get Hyun-oh’s perspective in his teaser, who is described as someone who fears being happy – giving insight to Eun-ho’s frustrations about disliking Hyun-oh because she can’t have him. Despite no longer dating, though, we see in the sequence how Hyun-oh continues to recommend Eun-ho for different news segments and his frustrated colleagues also wonder if he’s still in love.

Repeating the scene with Eun-ho’s confrontation, we now see Hyun-oh’s seemingly dismissive response. However, when he overhears her asking out another man, Hyun-oh goes to Eun-ho’s house and calls out her name – though, the woman ignores him. He mentions it to Eun-ho at work, but she’s completely unaware and our hero is further dumbfounded by her callous remark, “Why would you ruin my mood by coming to my house?”

We know, of course, that the woman Hyun-oh saw was Eun-ho’s other identity: Joo Hye-ri (also Shin Hye-sun). Her character teaser begins with Hyun-oh’s visit and he’s confused by Hye-ri’s angry yell that she’s not Eun-ho. It then cuts to Hye-ri’s parking attendant job, where she shyly confesses that there’s someone she likes and she’s trying to be brave. We then end on Hye-ri approaching her crush Kang Hoon (A Time Called You) with a bright smile.

Finally, the drama also dropped a sneak peek preview scene here so you can get your tissue boxes ready in advance of the premiere.

Slated to premiere on September 23 in the Monday-Tuesday slot, ENA’s Dear Hyeri has PD Jung Ji-hyun (Lies Hidden in My Garden, Twenty Five Twenty One) at the helm with scripts by Han Ga-ram (I’ll Find You on a Beautiful Day).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/shin-hye-suns-dear-hyeri-confuses-lee-jin-wook/

Shin Hae Sun Gets Lovestruck At First Sight By Kang Hoon In New Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Sep 12, 2024

ENA’s “Dear Hyeri” has unveiled new stills teasing the romance between Shin Hae Sun and Kang Hoon!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hae Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Jung Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Uk).

Shin Hae Sun will play dual roles as Joo Eun Ho, a veteran announcer with zero presence, and Joo Hye Ri, a parking lot attendant. Lee Jin Uk stars as Jung Hyun Oh, a popular announcer, while Kang Hoon plays announcer Kang Joo Yeon.

In the newly released stills, Hye Ri is sitting alone at a parking lot office, looking dazed as if she experienced love at first sight, which brings a smile to viewers. The images capture the pivotal first meeting between Hye Ri and Joo Yeon, with Joo Yeon handing her a parking pass and Hye Ri holding it tightly. Hye Ri’s captivated expression as she gazes at Joo Yeon grabs the viewers’ attention.

dear-hyeri-stills-4.jpg

Through the window, Hye Ri meets Joo Yeon’s gaze and looks stunned as if struck by a jolt of electricity. Hye Ri’s one-sided crush has just begun, while Joo Yeon appears puzzled about why Hye Ri is still holding onto the parking pass. The early stages of their romance, starting with Hye Ri’s unrequited feelings, are already attracting a lot of interest.

dear-hyeri-stills-2.jpg

The production team said, “Hye Ri is different from Eun Ho but has her own unique charm,” and added, “Expect to see the sparkling chemistry between Shin Hae Sun and Kang Hoon in their first love romance.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1688014wpp/shin-hae-sun-gets-lovestruck-at-first-sight-by-kang-hoon-in-new-drama-dear-hyeri

Watch: Shin Hae Sun Lives 2 Drastically Different Lives In

Watch: Shin Hae Sun Lives 2 Drastically Different Lives In "Dear Hyeri" Teaser

ENA’s “Dear Hyeri” has unveiled a new teaser featuring a day in the life of Shin Hae Sun’s character.

The newly released teaser begins with Joo Eun Ho waking up at 4 a.m to start her busy day as an announcer. However, her day is filled with difficulties from harrowing filming conditions to harsh criticisms at work, leading to her inevitable burnout.

After Joo Eun Ho leaves work, her day starts anew at 4 p.m.—but this time, as Joo Hye Ri. At the parking lot office she works for, Joo Hye Ri meets and falls in love with announcer Kang Joo Yeon (Kang Hoon). Experiencing the heart-fluttering emotions of a budding new love, she tells herself, “I’m happy.”

When Jung Hyun Oh visits her and calls her Joo Eun Ho, Hye Ri remarks, “Isn’t it so strange. I’m Hye Ri.” However, the narration reveals, “Eun Ho and Hye Ri are the same person!”

Check out the teaser below:

“Dear Hyeri” is set to premiere on September 23 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1688410wpp/watch-shin-hae-sun-lives-2-drastically-different-lives-in-dear-hyeri-teaser

September 13 2024

Main trailer for ENA drama “Dear Hyeri”

Dear_Hyeri-t3SM1.jpeg

Main trailer added for ENA drama series “Dear Hyeri” starring Shin Hae-Sun & Lee Jin-Uk. In the drama series, Shin Hae-Sun plays an anchorwoman with two personalities. Captions in the main trailer states (0:01)
4AM Joo Eun-Ho,” (0:18) “4PM Joo Hye-Ri,” (0:41) “The first time of facing me,” (0:45) “You who I met again,” and (0:51) “Can we be happy?”

“Dear Hyeri” will first air September 23, 2024 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Joo Eun-Ho (Shin Hae-Sun) is an unknown announcer with 14 years of experience. She struggles for the chance to have her name recognized by the public. She also has another personality in her due to a deep wound in her heart. Her other personality is that of Joo Hye-Ri. Her other personality is super positive and works as a parking attendant.

Jung Hyun-O (Lee Jin-Uk) is an ex-boyfriend of Joo Eun-Ho and they dated for a long time, but broke up. He became a star announcer as soon as he joined the broadcasting station and he is the most liked announcer by the public, but he also carries a wound hidden in his mind that he has never shown to anyone. Somehow, Joo Eun-Ho and Jung Hyun-O reunite and help cure each other’s wound.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-trailer-for-ena-drama-dear-hyeri

by Lily Alice, September 13, 2024
4 1

Genie TV Original Dear Hyeri released its main trailer, showcasing the opposite personalities portrayed by actress Shin Hye Sun.

Dear Hyeri tells the story of Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun) who suffers from dissociative identity disorder and manifests a new personality due to a deep emotional wound she carries.

The trailer features the contrasting lives of Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), who lives a tiring life that burns her out, and Joo Hye Ri (also played by Shin Hye Sun), who spends each day shining with happiness.

The video begins with Eun Ho waking up to the sound of her alarm at 4 a.m. Eun Ho is a 14-year veteran announcer who, despite her years in the industry, remains unnoticed. She goes to work at the broadcasting station and carries out her duties as usual, even taking on a challenging on-site report at a rough seaside location. 

Bd5pNb_2f.png

However, what she receives in return is harsh criticism about her lack of talent and identity, along with a bitter remark from Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook), "You embarrass me." Eun Ho's dry voice, as she mutters to herself, "Burning out, every day," gives a glimpse into the pain of living in obscurity within the competitive broadcasting world.  

Then, at 4 p.m., Hye Ri's day begins. With upbeat and lively music, Hye Ri appears with her bangs down and a completely different personality than Eun Ho. She gets involved with Kang Ju Yeon (Kang Hoon), who does not know she is the other personality of Eun Ho. 

Her bright smile as she repeatedly says to herself, "I'm happy," gives a different vibe compared to Eun Ho.

However, when Hyun Oh calls out to Hye Ri, "Hey, Joo Eun Ho," she is stunned. She exclaims, puzzled, "It's strange, isn't it? I'm Hye Ri." Curiosity builds as to how Joo Eun Ho and Joo Hye Ri will navigate life and relationships. 

Dear Hyeri will premiere on September 23. The K-drama will be available to stream on Viki. Watch the trailer here.

https://mydramalist.com/article/shin-hye-sun-s-dual-personalities-complicate-her-life-in-dear-hyeri

Elle Elle October 2024 <2 Covers: Park Bo-gum> ✔️Main Article✔️ Baekhyun 10p Park Bo-gum 14p Boynextdoor 12p Cold 8p Zerobaseone Sung Han-bin 10p Seventeen Dino 6p Kim Go-eun 18p Kim Go-eun & Noh Sang-hyun 12p Lee Jin-wook & Shin Hye-sun 12p Kim Sung-ryung & Kim So-yeon & Lee Se-hee 12p Jung Jae-hyung 8p Chun Woo-hee 13p

Lee Jin Wook and Shin Hye Sun will appear on the Elle magazine in October.