[Drama 2024] Dare to Love Me, 함부로 대해줘

larus

Teaching and fighting manners with L in Dare to Love Me

by tccolb

A new teaser has arrived for KBS’s rom-com Dare to Love Me, this time following our Confucian-fashioned hero L (a.k.a. Kim Myung-soo)(Numbers), who swears by the motto that manners maketh the person.

Indeed, his character teaser begins with Shin Yoon-bok (L) teaching this very lesson. Though quite scholarly, our Yoon-bok doesn’t spend all his time locked up with books, and we watch as he locks in a menacing group of thugs to make sure they properly understand Confucius’s wise philosophy.

We then hear someone asking about that man in traditional dress and our hero finally gives his formal introduction: “I come from the Sunsan village and I am the 28th generation in the Woorim Shin clan. I am Shin Yoon-bok.”

The teaser then jumps to our heroine Lee Yoo-young (Insider) in distress, when Yoon-bok suddenly appears to save the day. It’s hard to say at this point if his anger is stirred specifically because of Kim Hong-do (Lee Yoo-young) or if Yoon-bok would do the same for anyone needing help. But it’s a classic swoon moment for our Hong-do to notice Yoon-bok – if she’s not already melting in love.

There’s actually a lot more action than I expected, giving sageuk hero feels – especially with that gat. It’s making me wonder what nefarious plots are stewing in the background, beyond the rom-com’s central premise of an opposites-attract pair. As we end the teaser, our Yoon-bok certainly looks like a man with a mission as he makes his grand entrance into the building gates.

Written by Park Yumi with PD Jang Yang-ho at the helm, KBS’s Dare to Love Me will be premiering on May 13 in the Monday-Tuesday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/teaching-and-fighting-manners-with-l-in-dare-to-love-me/

Bae Jong Ok, Sunwoo Jae Duk, And More Showcase Their Unique Charms In Upcoming Drama "Dare To Love Me"

Apr 27, 2024
by J Lee

Upcoming KBS drama “Dare to Love Me” has unveiled new stills of their lineup of veteran actors!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

In the new series, veteran actress Bae Jong Ok takes on the role of Jang Camillie, the CEO and top designer of a luxury fashion brand that is beloved worldwide. Her overwhelming charisma, grace, and honesty define her strong and unique characteristics. A newly released still captures Camille confidently facing numerous press microphones, emphasizing her high-profile position in the industry.

dare-to-love-me-1.jpeg

On the contrary, Sunwoo Jae Duk, who portrays Shin Yoon Bok’s grandfather Shin Soo Geun, showcases his distinct character through his unusual attire. Draped in a white Durumagi (Korean traditional overcoat), he gives off a noble and dignified aura. Shin Soo Geun possesses a stubborn and resolute character, determined to protect and preserve Seongsan Village as its leader, exerting every effort to do so.

dare-to-love-me-3.jpeg

Park Yoon Hee takes on the role of Lee Beom Gyo, a diligent and sincere office worker who has spent years dedicated to the Cultural Heritage Administration as its head. After developing close ties with Shin Yoon Bok and Shin Soo Geun during the track-down of cultural heritage thieves, he also becomes intertwined with world-renowned designer Camille after the widespread craze for K-culture.

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-2.jpeg

Lee Myung Ho portrays Camille’s Chief Marketing Officer Franky Leroux, who serves as her ultimate partner. Being a prominent figure in the fashion industry, he’s known for paying meticulous attention to every garment and accessory.

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-4.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1657612wpp/bae-jong-ok-sunwoo-jae-duk-and-more-showcase-their-unique-charms-in-upcoming-drama-dare-to-love-me

News bites: April 30, 2024

by tccolb

image_readtop_2024_317498_17144342425944

• A new poster has dropped for KBS’s rom-com Dare to Love Me as well, showcasing our Confucian fuddy-duddy L (a.k.a. Kim Myung-soo)(Numbers) together with our forward-thinking modern woman Lee Yoo-young (Insider). The webtoon adaptation is set to premiere in about two weeks on May 13, with PD Jang Yang-ho at the helm and writing by Park Yumi. [MK Sports]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-30-2024/

Lee Yoo Young Dishes On Upcoming Drama "Dare To Love Me" With Kim Myung Soo

May 01, 2024
by E Cha

Lee Yoo Young has shared her thoughts on her upcoming KBS2 drama “Dare to Love Me”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Describing why she decided to star in the upcoming drama, Lee Yoo Young recalled, “It was the cutest and most comic drama and character out of any of my projects up until now, and the script was so much fun. I found it lovable how Kim Hong Do remained plucky and cheerful even amidst situations that unfold because of a clash between Confucian and modern values, which is why I decided to join the drama.”

Lee-Yoo-Young-2.jpg

Regarding her approach to the role, the actress revealed, “I wanted to make Kim Hong Do a relatable character by focusing on her passion and courage as she chases her dreams, as well as portraying her realistic struggles in a balanced way.”

As for what she struggled with during filming, Lee Yoo Young shared, “Because I was playing a cheerful character, I gained positive energy [while acting], but because I also had to constantly maintain that level of energy, there were times when I struggled due to my physical stamina. I carried around snacks like chocolate so that I could raise my energy level by refueling with sugar.”

Lee-Yoo-Young-3.jpg

Finally, when asked to choose what she considered a “key point” of the drama that viewers could look forward to, Lee Yoo Young replied, “A key highlight [of the drama] is how completely different Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do are, as well as the fun situations and cute chemistry that unfold within their relationship.”

She went on to add, “Please give ‘Dare to Love Me’ lots of interest and love.”

Lee-Yoo-Young-4.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658458wpp/lee-yoo-young-dishes-on-upcoming-drama-dare-to-love-me-with-kim-myung-soo

• Like 1

20240502105909_dare-to-love-me-2.jpg?s=9Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Boast Perfect Chemistry In Upcoming Drama "Dare To Love Me"

May 03, 2024
by E Ezeji

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Dare to Love Me” has shared a new poster!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok, a a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do, who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Kim Myung Soo will play the role of Shin Yoon Bok, who is kind to others but strict with himself based on the Confucian virtues of benevolence, righteousness, courtesy, and wisdom. Lee Yoo Young stars as Kim Hong Do, who has no connections or power and is often disrespected in the fierce design industry, but still doesn’t give up on her dream of becoming a designer.

In the newly released poster, Shin Yoon Bok is wearing a traditional Korean overcoat over his modern clothes, with a gat (traditional Korean hat) on his head. Meanwhile, Kim Hong Do is holding onto the hem of Yoon Bok’s overcoat so tightly that the garment is almost slipping off his shoulders.

More

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658695wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-boast-perfect-chemistry-in-upcoming-drama-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Are Close Yet Distant In Upcoming Rom-Com “Dare To Love Me”

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Are Close Yet Distant In Upcoming Rom-Com “Dare To Love Me”

KBS2’s upcoming drama “Dare to Love Me” has shared new stills ahead of its premiere!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

The newly released stills capture an encounter between Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do as they lock eyes. In this image, Shin Yoon Bok looks visibly younger than in the present, with his hair down and wearing glasses, hinting that their relationship traces back to a long time ago.

dare-to-love-me-2-1.jpg

Another still portrays the two characters sitting in a food tent with their backs to each other, sparking both curiosity and laughter among viewers. Despite their reunion after a long time, they maintain an awkward distance following Shin Yoon Bok’s rule. Shin Yoon Bok’s obsession with politeness and Kim Hong Do’s respect for his manners are expected to crease a unique chemistry between them.

dare-to-love-me-3-1.jpg

However, their romantic relationship doesn’t always progress smoothly. While Shin Yoon Bok agrees with everything Kim Hong Do says and takes care of her diligently, he sternly rejects her confession of feelings, leaving viewers curious to know the reason behind his decision. Their romance promises to be full of twists and turns, given the stark contrast between Shin Yoon Book’s adherence to Confucian values and Kim Hong Do’s straightforward personality.

dare-to-love-me-1-1.jpg

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-4.jpg

“Dare to Love Me” is set to premiere on May 13 at 10:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659015wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-are-close-yet-distant-in-upcoming-rom-com-dare-to-love-me

Spoiler

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Praise Each Other's Acting In Upcoming Drama

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Praise Each Other's Acting In Upcoming Drama "Dare To Love Me"

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young talked about working together for their upcoming romance drama “Dare to Love Me”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok, a a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do, who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Kim Myung Soo will play the role of Shin Yoon Bok, who is kind to others but strict with himself based on the Confucian virtues of benevolence, righteousness, courtesy, and wisdom. Lee Yoo Young stars as Kim Hong Do, who has no connections or power and is often disrespected in the fierce design industry, but still doesn’t give up on her dream of becoming a designer.

Praising his co-star Lee Yoo Young, Kim Myung Soo commented, “Lee Yoo Young seems to always be thinking about Kim Hong Do. I think she is an actress who perfectly embodies her character by imagining what the character would do in every situation.”

dare-to-love-me-2_450b2c.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Yoo Young remarked, “Actor Kim Myung Soo had a good understanding of the character he was playing, and he was essentially Shin Yoon Bok himself. He was always reliable and professional on set, and thanks to his consideration, I was able to act comfortably and happily.”

dare-to-love-me-3_abef78.jpg

The production team of “Dare to Love Me” commented, “The characters are being portrayed in a more lovable way thanks to Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young’s passion for the project. Please look forward to the romantic chemistry between Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young, which will make the drama even more enjoyable to watch.”

dare-to-love-me-1_24c559.jpg

“Dare to Love Me” will premiere on May 13 at 10:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659978wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-praise-each-others-acting-in-upcoming-drama-dare-to-love-me

20240512040635_Dare-to-Love-Me-6.jpg?s=9Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Are In Perfect Sync With Original Webtoon Characters In "Dare To Love Me"

May 12, 2024
by E Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Dare to Love Me” has unveiled a special poster!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Ahead of its highly-anticipated premiere, the drama has released a new poster drawn by Sun Woo, the artist who created the original webtoon. The poster corresponds perfectly to the main poster, which playfully captured the cute chemistry between the drama’s two leads.

Dare-to-Love-Me-2-2.jpg

Kim-Myung-Soo-Lee-Yoo-Young.jpg

The drama’s production team remarked, “Not only will ‘Dare to Love Me’ fully convey the romantic mood of the original webtoon, but Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young will breathe life into the characters through their passionate acting, and they will make viewers’ hearts flutter in an unusual and refreshing way.”

They added, “Please look forward to the romantic chemistry that the two actors will create.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660760wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-are-in-perfect-sync-with-original-webtoon-characters-in-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Dare to Love Me

by missvictrix

20240512040635_Dare-to-Love-Me-6.jpg?s=9

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Rom-com
Episode count: 16
Global streamer: Viki

Reasons to watch: It’s always a good day for an opposites-attract rom-com, is it not? While the premise is cute, silly, and all kinds of dramaland predictable, Lee Yoo-young was in one of my favorite little mini dramas (You Drive Me Crazy), so I have high hopes of her here as our downtrodden doormat heroine. She gets stars hearts in her eyes when the Confucian scholar L treats her kindly, and… *Cue hijinks*

TL;DR: Prim and proper L attracts Lee Yoo-young’s affections, and no one’s blaming her.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/premiere-watch-dare-to-love-me/

Spoiler

Kim Myung Soo Is Denied Entrance To A Club In Upcoming Drama

Kim Myung Soo Is Denied Entrance To A Club In Upcoming Drama "Dare To Love Me"

KBS2’s upcoming drama “Dare to Love Me” teased new stills ahead of the premiere!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

The newly released stills depict the entrance of a club where young adults are lined up to get inside. Amidst the sea of people who are dressed and ready to enjoy a night out, Shin Yoon Bok stands out in his traditional hanbok attire.

kim-myung-soo-2-.jpeg

As a scholar from Seongsan village, which continues to practice living like the Joseon dynasty, Shin Yoon Bok exudes elegance and grace. However, Shin Yoon Bok faces an awkward situation at the entrance of the club when he immediately gets denied admission. Shin Yoon Bok leisurely smiles and shows his identification card to prove that he is not underage, but he still gets rejected, leaving him flustered.

kim-myung-soo-1-.jpegkim-myung-soo-3-.jpeg

Viewers are curious to find out if Shin Yoon Bok will be able to safely adjust to life in Seoul after coming from Seongsan village.

“Dare to Love Me” premieres on May 13 at 10:10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660800wpp/kim-myung-soo-is-denied-entrance-to-a-club-in-upcoming-drama-dare-to-love-me

20240513103612_kim-myung-soo-2.jpg?s=900Watch: Kim Myung Soo Hilariously Struggles To Navigate Modern Technology In "Dare To Love Me" Teaser

May 13, 2024

As the highly anticipated premiere of “Dare to Love Me” approaches, KBS2 has released a fun new teaser!

In the teaser for the first episode, Shin Yoon Bok, freshly arrived from his rural upbringing, finds himself in a cafe in bustling Seoul attempting to order a drink. Instructed to use a kiosk machine to place his order, he is flustered by the unfamiliar technology. Despite his attempts to navigate the system, he struggles to operate the touch screen and eventually resorts to speaking to the machine. Thankfully, his companion steps in to assist him in completing the order.

“Dare to Love Me” premieres on May 13 at 10:10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660991wpp/watch-kim-myung-soo-hilariously-struggles-to-navigate-modern-technology-in-dare-to-love-me-teaser

• Like 1

20240513085018_kim-myung-soo-lee-yoo-youKim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Share Heartwarming First Encounter In "Dare To Love Me"

May 13, 2024
by M Lim

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Dare to Love Me” has unveiled new stills depicting the meaningful first encounter between Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young!

In the newly released stills ahead of tonight’s premiere, viewers get a glimpse of the fateful first meeting between Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do.

The first still depicts Shin Yoon Bok adorned in a gat (traditional Korean hat) that he paired with a modern school uniform, hinting at his unique character. Venturing from his birthplace in Seongsan village to pursue his dream of becoming a webtoon artist in Seoul, Shin Yoon Bok confidently enrolls in a webtoon academy. However, the stark differences between his rural upbringing and the bustling city life pose unforeseen challenges. As he continuously faces ridicule for his unconventional demeanor and attire, his dreams seem to drift further away.

dare-to-love-me-0513.jpeg

In the midst of these challenges, the first person to extend a warm hand to Shin Yoon Bok is Kim Hong Do. The radiant smile of Kim Hong Do, who teaches children at the webtoon academy, brings great comfort to Shin Yoon Bok amid his struggles. This pivotal encounter marks the moment when Kim Hong Do leaves an indelible mark on Shin Yoon Bok’s heart.

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-0513-1.jpeg

dare-to-love-me-0513-4.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661014wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-share-heartwarming-first-encounter-in-dare-to-love-me

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 1! :)

20240514012257_lovely-runner-dare-to-lov

"Lovely Runner" Remains No. 1 In Ratings + "Dare To Love Me" And "Crash" Join Race

KBS2’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Dare to Love Me” premiered to an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.3 percent. “Dare to Love Me” is a new rom-com about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661191wpp/lovely-runner-remains-no-1-in-ratings-dare-to-love-me-and-crash-join-race

• Like 1

Kim Myung Soo's Unexpected Action Catches Lee Yoo Young Off Guard In “Dare To Love Me”

May 20, 2024
by E Ezeji

KBS 2TV’s drama “Dare to Love Me” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Seven years after their paths crossed as student and teacher at a webtoon academy, Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do found themselves reunited, this time as neighbors. While Kim Hong Do was so happy to see Shin Yoon Bok, his reserved and distant behavior baffled her. Initially, Kim Hong Do found Shin Yoon Bok’s behavior—such as not wanting to walk side by side, not sitting at the same table, and not exchanging phone numbers—strange, but she soon accepted him as he was.

In the newly released set of stills, Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do are sitting with their backs to each other. Shin Yoon Bok has a tense expression on his face, while Kim Hong Do appears to be paying attention to Shin Yoon Bok’s every word. Viewers are curious about what kind of conversation might have taken place between Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do.

dare-to-love-me-5_023ad5.jpg

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-4_dc3c9d.jpg

dare-to-love-me-3_50ec48.jpg

dare-to-love-me-2_1af557.jpg

Shin Yoon Bok unexpectedly leans on Kim Hong Do, catching her off guard. Startled, Kim Hong Do’s eyes widen in surprise while Shin Yoon Bok, who appears completely unaware of her reaction, is sleeping peacefully. Since Shin Yoon Bok usually never crosses boundaries, his sudden action intensifies viewers’ curiosity about the late-night rendezvous at the food stall and the potential impact of this rare physical contact on their relationship.

dare-to-love-me-1_db4744.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662718wpp/kim-myung-soos-unexpected-action-catches-lee-yoo-young-off-guard-in-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Dare to Love Me/Treat Me Carelessly, 함부로 대해줘-Lee Yoo Young & Kim Myung Soo -Mon & Tue

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :)

20240521015034_monday-rating-0520.jpg?s=

"Lovely Runner" Remains No. 1 In Ratings + "Crash" Earns Its Highest Ratings Yet

The Monday-Tuesday ratings battle is fiercer than ever!

Meanwhile, episode 3 of KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” achieved an average nationwide rating of 1.5 percent, seeing a 0.8 percent dip from its previous episode’s rating of 2.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662840wpp/lovely-runner-remains-no-1-in-ratings-crash-earns-its-highest-ratings-yet

5 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

I think

Hide contents

Camille is the sister or mother of Shin Yoon Bok  remember he was 10 the look order and camile is order 

I'm leaning more towards mother. The sister was the one who called him from the hospital. I don't understand why they were driven out of Seongsan though... was it because Yun-bok's father was already dead and she was now a widow?🤔