[Upcoming Drama 2024] A Virtuous Business/Quiet Sales, 정숙한 세일즈- Kim So Yeon, Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Sung Ryung, Kim Sun Young & Lee Se Hee- Premieres in second half of 2014

larus

We have the male lead. Yeon Woo Jin.

Two things.... It is a comedy genre and the story took place in a rural village in Jeolla Province.  Will they speak in dialect?

I kind of like the vibe of dramas in the province set up. It has potential.

Funny thing, I thought about Yeon Woo Jin as a male lead when his latest drama with Kim Ha Neul was airing but I did not actually think he will be cast. I thought of Yeon Woo Jin, Kim Ji Suk or Kwon Yool  as male lead actors, actors who usually plays first lead or second lead in kdramas, but not necesarily be in the center story as this drama is a female centric drama.

Yeon Woo Jin played with Son Ye-Jin in another female centric drama but this time is a comedy 😁 I think he will be pared with Kim so yeon in the story. I am also pleased to see So Yeon in a comedy genre, something different for her. Not a fan of every Korean comedy out there but I hope for the better this time.

• Like 1

The title for the article of Yeon Woo Jin`s cast.

19Forbidden comedy challenge: Yeon Woo-jin, the male lead in 'Quiet Sales'

19 Forbedden comedy? The translation is not clear and I assume it is a R-rated drama at 19 ? Because of adult products stuff? 

I suspected that the genre will be comedy. Yeon Woo Jin`s character, Kim Do-hyun, is a police officer in  Gangnam and then he has to go to work in a rural police station. What he has done to go there?  

I have a feeling it will be a comedy in the sense of unintentional hilarity. Imagine one of the female leads (probably Jung Sook) arriving at the police station after an arguing with a customer, being forced to show the products she has to sell. I am laughing already. I bet this kind of scene will be in the drama. 😅

And the female characters, will have to sell those products in the rural area where everyone knows everyone and they are more conservative than people in urban areas? Talk about hard time for them. 🤨

• Like 1

I like the cast. The ML is a police officer and Im curious if there will be some mystery. :unsure:

The first Kdrama with the adult stuffs theme that I watched was Branding In Seongsu... that was hilarious...:D

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

The cast is amazing!! The storyline makes it better! Must watch!!

I hope so. I am so curious how they are going to incorporate the women stories. I assume it will be some frictions but mostly friendship or camaraderie. Funny how the protagonists are older then 35, when people thought they should just retire at that age but they are selling adult products door to door. 😀

14 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like the cast. The ML is a police officer and Im curious if there will be some mystery. :unsure:

The first Kdrama with the adult stuffs theme that I watched was Branding In Seongsu... that was hilarious...:D

I don`t know why the male lead is a police officer. I wonder about that also.   It could be a mystery (if some client will get killed or something ) or perhaps the writer chose this profession as a police officer will have a significant role in a small community. He will be everywhere. 😄

I did not know that Branding in Seonsu had some adult stuff theme. I hope Quiet Sales will be hilarious too.

• Like 2

So little promotion. They announced the male lead cast in one article and nothing else.

It looks like the script reading took place on the 5th and 8th (May) and first photo taken on May 20th. I don`t know if it is accurate. No official announcement.

source https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=leesehee&no=4426

`Picture` with the child actor on the first script reading. Who he is? We don`t know. 😄 Probably he is playing the son of Lee Se Hee`s character.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNLq3pubEAA-Vrz?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

News bites: May 25, 2024

by tccolb

2024052211093717593_1.jpg

Speaking of JTBC, Yeon Woo-jin (Nothing Uncovered) is said to be holding onto his police badge, transferring from Seoul to a quiet village in the Jeolla province for the period comedy Sales of Virtue. There, in the 1990s, he’ll meet our door-to-door sales ladies of cheeky wares, including Kim So-yeon (Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938), Kim Sung-ryung (Kill Heel), Lee Se-hee (Bad Prosecutor), and Kim Sun-young (Queen of Divorce). [Star News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/news-bites-may-25-2024/

• Like 1

I never heard of the adult products set up in a kdrama but it looks like there is a film with this storyline. Casa Amor : Exclusive for Ladies (2015) with Cho Yeo-jeong as the protagonist. I saw some videos on You Tube. I laughed so much at some scenes because it was funny and cringe in the same time. Being broadcast on TV, maybe they will tone down some scenes. I think the behind the scene videos will be so funny. I don`t know how they will keep a straight face filming those scenes. 

ashley-benson-laugh.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Kim So-yeon, 44-year-old, surprising transformation that raises suspicion → Even if her image is different, “I’m pretty no matter what I do”

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2024/05/29/202405291632192110_1.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon showed off her youthful beauty by trying a new hairstyle with a perm. On May 29, Soyeon Kim posted several photos of her on her own social network service account.

In her photo, Kim So-yeon appears to be transforming her new image with thick permed hair. Kim So-yeon's colorful colors, which combine her elegant charm with her refreshing and lively charm, arouse admiration.

Netizens who saw her photo responded with comments such as “A celebrity is definitely the best among celebrities,” “You look like a teenager with red cheeks,” and “Your sister’s new hairstyle is so pretty.” Meanwhile, Kim So-yeon's current age is 44 years old, as she was born on November 2, 1980. She and actor Lee Sang-woo got married on June 9, 2017.

f7963a04b99187f50bf0103f16e1279f6fd90b18
c2e1d57873ad92524d3112acac9d6c0c9d70c2c7
Spoiler

d493249166da74cd2a61712e35c0bfea629caaf1

I was almost sure she will have a perm hair for Quiet Sales. I saw Kim Sung Ryung with a perm too. I forgot that in the 90s it was a trend of perm hairstyle. I can`t say I like it much but at least she has a long perm hair. 

417e56b4510408.jpg

• Like 1

[Casting Confirmed] JTBC drama "Quiet Sales" shooting on the 16th of May for child actors

a8c12e7cc926c.jpg

☆Drama shooting

Title : "Silent Sales"

Date : 16 May (Thursday)

Meeting time : 13:30~14:00

Number of participants: 3 boys and 3 girls (between 1st-4th grade)

Costume : 2 90s casual clothes (spring)

<Car park

330-4, Incheon-ri, Yangchon-myeon, Nonsan-si, Chungcheongnam-do

<Costume dressing location

383-28, Incheon-ri, Yangchon-myeon, Nonsan-si, Chungnam-do

JoYu Entertainment

Lee Seungwoo

Cho Minjun

Cha Yoo Kyung

We hope you enjoy the film^^.

https://jouent.co.kr/?bmode=view&idx=22416343

• Like 1

Im pretty sure there will be a childhood friends trope. I guess the rural town is the ML's hometown. :unsure:

KSY and the perm hair...I like the tied hair pic..

I just realized the actress had a perm hair in the drama Prosecutor Princess...:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvfCKEyR9x5ZYXgkfvSIC

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Im pretty sure there will be a childhood friends trope. I guess the rural town is the ML's hometown. 

I don`t mind as long it is not the first love chilhood friend trope. It is not the case here. 😆

I guess some of the girls know each other if there is a village area but I think Kim Sung Ryung `s character is not included. She was from a rich family. Or she married a rich man. I am not sure.

8 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I just realized the actress had a perm hair in the drama Prosecutor Princess...

I thought she did not have a perm in Prosecutor Princess. I read that the hairstylist made her curly hair before every shooting. Or maybe she had the hair done before every shooting despite having a perm so perhaps it was (because at the end of the drama it wasn't quite a straight hair).  But It did not take long. After a few episodes they straightened her hair. I liked it better after that.

She also did not have a perm but "curly" hair for her another two cameos.

Spoiler

In Borg Mom

tumblr_ozf71yUfbm1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.jpg

Ajumma hair style in One More Happy Ending.

photo676904.jpg

• Like 1

Today, May 31, So yeon left a message on SsoFam to send the birthday wishes to fans and inform about her current situation.

[Trans] To those of you who have birthdays in May, I sincerely congratulate you!!!🌳🌳🌳❤️... Wishing you a happy birthday💕
I'm working hard on filming🌳 *Jung Sook* ssi (her character in the upcoming drama "Silent Sales / Jung Sook's Sales") hehehe Jung Sook ssi Jung Sook ssi Jung Sook ssi 🫶 I like Jung Sook ssi so much🌼 hehehe
Have a nice day everyone 💛

I am so pleased to hear that So yeon likes her character in drama Quite Sales. I am excited to see her in a new work. Ryu Hong joo, her latest role in Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 was one of my favorite characters played by her so I really want another good role for my girl. Fingers crossed. Jung sook, fighting! 🤩
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kim So Yeon uploaded three pictures on her Instagram with Lavien products. She is in the countryside (I guess) filming for Quiet Sales. She thanked Lavien for the gifts giving on the set.

I like her hair and the make up here. It looks natural and she is beautiful. 🥰

3dece849e7dca0c7ec0b9e81d0e4a8d3ac1d75c7

4b10444b2b472717cd02ec9e6ed4933b2ead6786

https://www.instagram.com/sysysy1102/p/C8D9xqevN2q/?img_index=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1013573896793154&set=pcb.1013573946793149

Kim So-yeon, fresh flower beauty... Full of bright charm

BB1nZviA.img?w=617&h=690&m=6&x=62&y=124&

BB1nZqIf.img?w=539&h=681&m=6

On the June 11th, Kim So-yeon posted several photos on her SNS, writing, “Thank you so much for sending me a gift to the filming location!!!” In her photo, Kim So-yeon caught everyone's attention with an elegant smile in a flower field.

Netizens at home and abroad heaped praise on her, showering her with heart emoticons. Meanwhile, Kim So-yeon worked with actor Lee Dong-wook and others in tvN's 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1983' last year.

I wish we`ll get a picture from the set from time to time. 🙂
  • Love 1

Quiet Sales night shooting

I think Kim So yeon is shooting a scene. I am not 100% sure.

97ff0b82195580aa7011b4cbe31d90f501904ec0bb584fd5ef3ee2f0355ae401c6516a5b56f6b730

The comment:

Eyewitness accounts of Quiet Sales filming keep coming.

You're taking photos of your eonni/sister.

• Blob 1

If this drama will air October 5, than means it will be boadcast after The Tale of Lady Ok. This drama will start on August 10  and JTBC is not promoting the drama. I think they will present some articles in September for Quiet Sales if we are lucky.

Quiet Sales is a comedy drama and I really hope the script will be good because there isn`t any interest in this drama from what I see. Miss Day and Night, currently airing on JTBC,  is comedy too but are doing good in ratings (starting with 4% and now it is 6% ratings.). That`s ok.

• Like 2