Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

On 7/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, lingkoo said:

In love with the opening theme for Life. The style, colors, editing and...dr.Ye.

It's just so professionally made theme . And Lee Dong Wook's intro is so Especially when Dr.Ye runs.

Hi lingkoo, I agree with you - I like it, too!  :o

July 23, 2018

‘Grim Reaper’ Lee Dong-wook to save ‘Life’ in upcoming drama

Putting his charming Grim Reaper character behind, actor Lee Dong-wook is ready to take on the role of a doctor in upcoming JTBC drama series “Life.”

In the Monday-Tuesday drama series, Lee takes on the role of an emergency room doctor. The doctor may not be as charming as the humorous, sweet Grim Reaper in “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God,” but he is more passionate than anyone about saving lives. 

20180723000723_0.jpg

“Grim Reaper takes dead people, but this time I am saving lives of people who are on the verge of death,” Lee said at a press conference held Monday in southern Seoul.

“The previous work was fantasy, but this time it is very realistic. I was attracted by the difference,” he said.

The medical drama promotes itself as different from other works of the genre, as its plot centers on a power struggle in a university hospital, rather than operations and medical treatments.

The first episode of the series airs Monday at 11 p.m.

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, lingkoo said:

< LIFE >  Press Conference

Reveal hidden contents

a901dc72gy1ftjqsdrayaj20im0wwake.jpg

8251eecely1ftjqvdifxmj20hs0qo41w.jpg

a901dc72ly1ftjqgt6x8zj20go0p0dqa.jpg

8251eecely1ftjsnglrtoj20i20b0myo.jpg

8251eecely1ftjqvgd229j20sg0fzjtk.jpg

8251eecely1ftjqvehq1dj20dw0b2jtb.jpg

a901dc72gy1ftjqhxwsfrj20hs0bv7a7.jpg

lingkoo, thanks for sharing the pictures during presscon. You can easily spot LDW since he's the tallest among the cast - hahaha - Finally………..I can see him back on the small screen. Tonight is D-DAY! I’m happy that he has another drama after quite a while. :lol:

• Like 5

[Life News] First broadcast. 
According to a Nielsen Korea survey on July 24, the JTBC monthly drama 'Life',

which was broadcast the previous day, recorded 4.3% of ratings of nationwide pay TV ratings
However, it is the highest audience rating in JTBC drama history. The existing record is 4.1%. 
CONGRATULATIONS to Lee Dong Wook and to the whole LIFE team.

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi | Current Drama - LIFE (Working title)
46 minutes ago, lingkoo said:
Life' reaches 5% audience rating in 2 episodes

‘라이프’, 2회 만에 시청률 5% 달성 #이동욱 #라이프 2회 시청률 5% #예진우 #LeeDongWook (출처 : 텐아시아 | 네이버 TV연예) http://naver.me/x4nAQzfL

Hi lingkoo, thanks for sharing this.  This is a record-breaking premiere! I'm happy for LDW! Congratulations to everyone involved in this drama. In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. I hope they will make subs for this drama.  Why has no one been able to get the license? Viki maybe? I know there are many fans that anticipate watching "Life". The (2) male leads are very different - LDW plays a passionate emergency room doctor, while the other one takes on the role of a cold-hearted president of the hospital. Both have different goals and interests, the two confront each other. During the press conference he said that he likes acting in romances that’s why, he chose the drama for his small screen comeback. He was looking for something completely different from his last drama, so he chose ‘Life.’” :lol:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, lingkoo said:

They're all so cute and look friendly

Hi lingkoo, thanks for sharing this clip. It looks like the atmosphere is fun. :lol:

'Life' takes viewers behind-the-scenes of hospital

afb7c94173794862bd12959d259d87b2.jpg

By Kang Aa-young

Medical dramas and films have contributed to make hospitals a familiar subject to the public,giving a glimpse into the life of medical professionals. However, JTBC's new medical drama "Life" takes a step further, taking viewers directly to the ugly truth behind slick appearances.

The drama's first episode, aired Monday, showed what happens behind-the-scenes in a hospital by exposing how the institution is dominated by the capitalistic logic of profit making and people struggling for power.

"Time of death is 11:47 p.m. The director is dead."

It begins with the mysterious death of Sangkook Universtiy Hospital director Lee Bo-hoon (played by Chun Ho-jin), which causes a chaos at the hospital and to its staffers. The director fell from the vice director's house and dies in an ambulance on the way to his own hospital.

Emergency center doctor Ye Jin-woo (Lee Dong-wook) agonizes over whether to declare Lee's death a suicide or homicide on the death certificate. Ye had an argument with Lee over an embezzlement case earlier that day and becomes suspicious of Lee's death even after police conclude the case as sudden death after a myocardial infarction.

18b89ed7641b42ab9310ab5ebdd4f25d.jpg

The hospital falls into more confusion as the vice director announces the move of three departments, including the emergency center, to a regional center.

Amid this fuss, the hospital's charismatic new CEO Koo Seung-hyo (Cho Seung-woo) arrives and pours oil on the fire of the conflict between the doctors and the management board.

The first episode recorded 4.3 percent in viewer ratings, according to Nielsen Korea, breaking the record for the highest viewership as the first segment of a JTBC drama.

0e3f2e2af77a4673972ae7c4bb05db6f.jpg

From left, actors Lee Kyu-hyung, Lee Dong-wook, Won Jin-ah, director Hong Jong-chan, and actress Moon So-ri, Cho Seung-woo and Yoo Je-myung of the new medical drama "Life" pose for a photo during a press conference at the Imperial Palace Hotel in southern Seoul, Monday. / Courtesy of JTBC

"Life" is penned by scriptwriter Lee Soo-yeon, who wrote the hit tvN mystery-thriller "Stranger." Actor Cho collaborated with Lee in "Stranger," which was praised for a gripping plot and fast pace, once again in this medical drama.

"I felt burdened by working once more with writer Lee. Her work gives me a headache to interpret and act on. I was anxious, asking myself whether I could make it or not," Cho said in a press conference at the Imperial Palace Hotel in southern Seoul, Monday. "I think I made the right choice in the end."

Cho, who plays the new hospital CEO sent from the conglomerate that recently took over the money-losing hospital, described his character as "extremely disgusting."

"He came to the hospital to make up for the losses and is weak to the strong and strong to the weak. However, he learns something from the hospital and changes throughout the drama," Cho said.

Lee Dong-wook's character puts the value of human life above everything else and clashes with Koo's money-centered management style.

"Jin-woo is a doctor who strives to save people's lives. However, after going through a series of events at the hospital, he changes mind about standing against Koo," actor Lee said.

Producer Hong Jong-chan said the two characters Koo and Ye will act like an antigen-antibody, strengthen the hospital's immunity.

"Koo has a baby-like innocence behind his hard-headed image, while Ye seems to be sharpening a sword deep inside him that might be crueler than Koo. Their conflict will result in something meaningful," Hong explained.

The 16 episode-series is broadcast every Monday and Tuesday.

credit : Korea Times

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Netflix has confirmed Life's premiere. It will start from August, 4th and will air 2 eps per week.

This means we need to wait one more week and there will be a delay 2 weeks with Korean schedule . 

• Like 4