Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

@intrariver I doubt that they will appear :(( from my understanding SeHo will be calling Wookie inviting him, but no news about his appearance, only JIS and if I'm not mistaken G Dragon. I hope that I'm wrong! fingers crossed he'll appear ^_^ As Wookie's fan I'm already waiting for his new project and new chemistry but I still love PichiCouple and want drama or moview for them. What a waste of outstanding chemistry it was in Goblin.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, intrariver said:

@Princi_86 hmmm apparantly this ep of Happy Together was shot on april 29th...any idea if Wookie was busy with something else that day?

that's after SG FM

he disappeared for 3 weeks after SG FM <_<

I hope he'll appear on Happy Together ^_^

• Like 8

@Princi_86 Sorry for mistaken your post's about LDWxHJW before, maybe I was too sleepy that day. I knew about your concerned rather than A-list actress, he should picked based on writer, but somehow at SK, everything depends on popularity, yes, I hope he'll ended up with a drama like Signal or Reply series too, but somehow, in my opinion, if he wants to still maintain his popularity at SK he should pick the popular love genre at drama and do what he passionate about acting by doing an indie movie. Yay! Glad that you managed to go to Bangkok FM! Thai fans is also so amazing and enthusiast! Will you join their fans project?  I hope Thai, Japan and Taiwan fans could give LDW's happy memories too.

Thanks for the concern girls, since security gave us two option -we could explained that at their security room or gave up the merchandises to them- we chose the 2nd option, we only lose around 40 fans and small banner for his FM (but we already used it during LDW's arrival at airport) so we're okay to lose it to security and come to another way to support the FM by showing it with letter balloon (which we blow when we're inside the FM hall, LOL) luckily the heart banner was already took by the EO at the morning. The things that made me sad was some people accused us that we're selling stuffs at the spot. We don't have any extra stuffs to sell since all the tshirt and USB card's is people's reserved and they already paid it when they made order so we just gave up our freebies merchandise and succeed in saving tshirt and USB. 

@MaysoonD Yes, MCH is one of talented young actress, but I think she'll be busy with her new drama with LJK for this year? But if LDW drama will out during winter, MCH could be the option too! Ameeen. Thanks for wonderful words, MaysoonD! Hope we could see all the positive energy at his next FMs too! He already said he's very tired but fans is like his battery that make him feel energetic. It's kinda funny that after attending his FM, I'm so happy, not for finally meeting him in person but for more like... I'm happy for making him happy just like your post above. LDW is like a precious kiddo and seeing him finally enjoy his interaction with the fans after some down moment at presscon also made me happy and teary.

@Puppywookie His mood isn't that good during the first part, I managed to take a few pics whereas you could see the differences just like @noname111 recaps before, LDW is a person, whereas he didn't lied about his emotion, he till tried his best by giving fans service but somehow we could see he didn't really enjoyed it at first, sometimes he had his blank stare/blank mind too.

20170520_194740.jpg

But everything gets better at 2nd part. He's more relaxed and fans who came to stage is also more fun and passionate, that's why he blended perfectly with the FM wild's ambience. I loveeee his laughed during this moment!

20170520_203033.jpg

@kler2009 Thank you for the link of video project! For anyone who didn't speak bahasa or korean, LDW said he think it's a mistake video at first (LOL he's preparing for selca when the hall became dark and the video appeared) I think I need to gave applause for his management and EO for also surprising him too! He said thankyou two times (I remembered the 3rd one thanks happened before he sang). If you hear some clapping at the end of video, audience was clapping bcos of this pic. one of LDW fan name Ikho who also attending his FM is a teacher and she managed to make creative art for her students to write LDW letters name with own children creativity. such a lovely message indeed!

ikho.jpg

@joyezz @missbuttercup @charlotte0303 Thankyou so much for your kind words. Hope someday we could gather together and support LDW as a soompi fanbase. Best of luck!

• Like 8

@giegie the trophy is awesome and the video project is great , everything was perfect 

i believe being an actor makes you moody person , this is almost a fact but strangely Wookie can't lie about his feeling in real world . How come an actor can't even smile when he don't feel like smiling  So real

• Like 7

All The Best Moments From Lee Dong Wook’s Jakarta Fan Meeting

170520_MCP_LDW_JKT_03.jpg

Lee Dong Wook recently met up with his fans in Jakarta for the first time in ten years while on his “For My Dear” Fan Meeting Tour. The charismatic actor was candid with fans – opening up about the success of his drama, “Goblin,” and about his future plans.

When it came to “Goblin,” Lee Dong Wook revealed that he hadn’t anticipated the success of the drama and he hadn’t felt the hype for the drama until it had actually ended. He also revealed that the cast still contacts each other regularly! The “Goblin” family is real!

Lastly, in regards to the question on everyone’s minds – Lee Dong Wook’s next project – the superstar actor revealed that he has no special plans for after he wraps up his “For My Dear” tour. Lucky for us, he’s open to any upcoming project, be it a movie or a drama – though he’s partial towards trying out another variety show like “Roommate.”

Now let’s go into some of our favorite (adorable) moments from the fan meet itself:

170520_MCP_LDW_JKT_02.jpg

“For My Dear” is not Lee Dong Wook’s first official visit to Jakarta, as he shared photos and memories from 2007’s “My Girl” promotional activity in Indonesia. Not only that, Lee Dong Wook also kindly unveiled his own photo collection with the “Roommate” cast members – whom he revealed to be still close even after the program ended in 2015. He also made sure to explain that he still exchanges messages with Jo Se Ho at least once a day.

Everyone’s Favorite Scene is…

170520_MCP_LDW_JKT_01.jpg

Days before the show, fans got the chance to submit their favorite scenes from “Goblin.” It was revealed that Indonesian fans’ favorite scene is none other than the hilarious scene where both Gong Yoo’s and his character try using a smartphone for the first time. Surprisingly, Lee Dong Wook thinks he looks dumb in the scene, but it was chosen to be most favorite in the tour’s previous stops too. You can check it out in Episode 5 of “Goblin”!

Beat Each Other Through Body Language

170520_MCP_LDW_JKT_06.jpg

Not the literal meaning of “beating,” but Lee Dong Wook tried his best to help 3 lucky fans to correctly guess as many words as possible by giving clues only through body language. It was hilarious how both him and the chosen fans were the only ones who couldn’t express and answer well as the rest of the audience were on the edge of their seats watching them on stage.

Spoiler

Big Laughs Thanks To A Quality Parody

170520_MCP_LDW_JKT_05.jpg

There was a moment in “For My Dear in Jakarta” when everyone’s laughter filled the hall. Thanks to a well-made parody video of a fan who simply reenacted her favorite scenes in “Goblin” with a slightly more “home quality” properties compared to the actual high budget scenes, including the scene where Wang Yeo is grieving over the death of his queen. The fan’s work successfully made everyone burst into laughter and put a big smile to Lee Dong Wook.

A Romantic Cafe Date With A Fan

170520_MCP_LDW_JKT_04.jpg

The surprisingly fun parody video made Lee Dong Wook chose the fan behind it to join him on an imaginary date on stage. As “For My Dear in Jakarta” brought the theme of cafe to the stage, the actor and his chosen fan sat opposite each other and had a talk where he asked about how she had created the parody and about her daily life. The fan meeting ended with a sweet performance from Lee Dong Wook himself and also a special video message from Indonesian fans.

Were you at the fan meeting? What were your favorite moments?

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 7

[Exclusive Interview] Lee Dong Wook and His Life Aside from Being Actor

ldw-int.jpg?w=620&h=264&crop=1

L

ast Friday (05/19) Koreanupdates was given an opportunity to interview Lee Dong Wook during his Lee Dong Wook For My Dear in Jakarta.

Here are the results:
You have experiences other than acting. If you could choose any other career apart from actor, what do you think it would be?

LDW: Nothing. there is no other skill other than acting. that is why I am working hard to improve in acting. But sometimes I wonder if I could sing well, hold a concert, I also imagined that I could sing in front of audiences. but I can’t do that so this will remain as dream, won’t it?

Have you ever imagined yourself not being an actor? What kind of life do you think you have if you never became an actor?

LDW: I think I would live as an ordinary man. I debuted when I was in 3rd year of high school. When I became an adult I continue to live just like now. I wanted to be a Korean language teacher back when I was in school. Maybe I could be a Korean language teacher, or if I wasn’t an actor, maybe I already got married now. I would live as an ordinary man.

You have been celebrity for almost half of your life, do you miss anything from being an ordinary person?

LDW: Specifically there is nothing that I envy. But I can’t really go to any crowded place. I can’t get a normal life in university. But those are things that I have to sacrifice to be an actor. As the replacement, I can get love and support from all fans in return. I think it should be like that.
LDW INT (2)
f we talk about daily life, what is your favorite activity during your leisure time without any project?

LDW: I don’t do anything. House is the best place when you’re doing nothing, right? I just sleep and do normal things. I exercise every morning. I do weightlifting every morning. every time I arrived home I do the household works for example cleaning, cooking and at night I watch news and baseball competition on TV because baseball already in its season in Korea. If I have appointment with friends, I will go to meet my friends. I live ordinarily.

If you could come back to anytime or any project, is there anything that you regret or maybe you want to fix it?

LDW: If we come back and talk about My Girl era, i really didn’t know anything. I did the main cast role for the first time in My Girl. I received a huge love from fans (at that time), but I didn’t really know if it was a hit or not, if it was good or not, I couldn’t get the feeling. If I could know these things at that time, wondering if I would have acted better at that time or maybe I would receive a better love at that time. But now when I do activities for Goblin I received so many love from fans. Thanks to it I can be here to hold a fan meeting here. I want to think this kind of moment as a good one, I want to keep it just like this. Love from fans is important to me.

Thank you for our partner Mecima Pro for making this interview possible and of course to Lee Dong Wook for the surprisingly fun interview! See you again in the future 

Written by: Angela Miranti
Wookie is so us ,honest , upfront ,has a greet sense of responsibility and he is aware that every thing in life has price ought to be paid for to get  so he is content :heart:
 I guess i already understood now why he is so real :heart::heart:
  • Like 9

Ladies! Thank you very much for your participation in "Young Oppa's Look" popularity vote. We are doing extremely well with a total of 120 votes! Clap clap clap! And Mr. Black Knight, our defending champion will announce the winner LOL.

DB13qxxUAAAwmsf.jpg

DB13qylVoAAjynv.jpg

Whoever wins the game, every each one of them is our adorable young LDW. For any 'Young Oppa' who lost this time, you should know that you'll later grow into A VERY FINE MAN and gather so many amazing ladies here as your loyal fans!

Congratulations to Team Oscar! Let's welcome our Winner Mr. OhSoHandsome

DB13qznUIAAUezY.jpg

Just want to share that, while I was looking for Mr.O's faux body (the original photo doesn't come with full body, need to find one so he can walk the red carpet haha), I searched from internet and found below article which re-direct me back to this soompi forum.

DB13qyAVoAATNyC.jpg

Turns out the pic was posted before by none other than @kler2009 around May 2007! OMG that was 10 years ago! I end up browsing the thread for so many pages and the pics posted are all gorgeous. Thanks so much chingu.

So here we are. Prize giveaway! What could be better than young LDW's BEST photo collections.

DB13tF7U0AAlLls.jpg

DB13tF6VYAAl31G.jpg

DB13tF9VwAEVv3_.jpg

DB13tF-V0AAJMVl.jpg

DB13vpLVoAAKO7f.jpg

DB13vpLVwAAtyPI.jpg

DB13vpKVoAEOXo_.jpg

DB13vpKUwAAgNZI.jpg

And these 3 sets are by far my TOP favorite!

DB13x6RUAAAzbXj.jpg

DB13x6VUMAACnh4.jpg

DB13x6iVwAEKjk_.jpg

My goodness, the last one...

I know nothing about the existence of these photos. And I love love love them so much. Now I know why @MaysoonD and others keep saying longer hair, longer hair.... (he's really gorgeous). I'm sure a lot of you long time fans have seen these before. But it's such a waste the photos link started to get missing one by one due to posted too long ago on previous pages. 

So in the spirit of "getting to know more of LDW" I suggest we do "Picture Throwback" every month. Or at least I'll volunteer to do that. We can choose random year on that specific month. I'd love to learn and remember the early journey of our precious LDW that leads him to the way he is now....

DB13x6mUMAAwiWO.jpg

....The funniest Namja on planet! LOL. Still can't move on. This is even worse than during GR drama airing on TV.

See you next time on different game!

• Like 14

@noname111you are the best :)love your post as always and i can't wait till your next game , what about best Wookies' in White ? i think he loves wearing White

Speaking of Thailand lets reminisce his last visit to Thailand where he shoot his pictorials for Singles

Related image

Image result for lee dong wook singles

Related image

• Like 13

11 hours ago, noname111 said:

Ladies! Thank you very much for your participation in "Young Oppa's Look" popularity vote. We are doing extremely well with a total of 120 votes! Clap clap clap! And Mr. Black Knight, our defending champion will announce the winner LOL.

DArYdYGXYAEl18G.jpg

DAriv2gXYAAmqH7.jpg

Whoever wins the game, every each one of them is our adorable young LDW. For any 'Young Oppa' who lost this time, you should know that you'll later grow into A VERY FINE MAN and gather so many amazing ladies here as your loyal fans!

Congratulations to Team Oscar! Let's welcome our Winner Mr. OhSoHandsome

DArYdaqXkAIzWM1.jpg

Just want to share that, while I was looking for Mr.O's faux body (the original photo doesn't come with full body, need to find one so he can walk the red carpet haha), I searched from internet and found below article which re-direct me back to this soompi forum.

DArYwfWXsAAhE8E.jpg

Turns out the pic was posted before by none other than @kler2009 around May 2007! OMG that was 10 years ago! I end up browsing the thread for so many pages and the pics posted are all gorgeous. Thanks so much chingu.

So here we are. Prize giveaway! What could be better than young LDW's BEST photo collections.

DArZxekXcAAhUXx.jpg

DArZxWYXoAA6A5C.jpg

DArZJDkW0AE5DGm.jpg

DArYwkDW0AEKf1b.jpg

DArbLq1XkAAB9rh.jpg

DAra7axXYAE901L.jpg

DAra7XeXYAAGxFu.jpg

DArZJDbXgAAucj_.jpg

And these 3 sets are by far my TOP favorite!

DArZJDAWAAAjhiE.jpg

DAra7iXWsAEjn4s.jpg

DArZxdYXoAA7i76.jpg

My goodness, the last one...

I know nothing about the existence of these photos. And I love love love them so much. Now I know why @MaysoonD and others keep saying longer hair, longer hair.... (he's really gorgeous). I'm sure a lot of you long time fans have seen these before. But it's such a waste the photos link started to get missing one by one due to posted too long ago on previous pages. 

So in the spirit of "getting to know more of LDW" I suggest we do "Picture Throwback" every month. Or at least I'll volunteer to do that. We can choose random year on that specific month. I'd love to learn and remember the early journey of our precious LDW that leads him to the way he is now.

DArZxeCXoAAFuvC.jpg

The funniest Namja on planet! LOL. Still can't move on. This is even worse than during GR drama airing on TV.

See you next time on different game!

wow 120 votes

Everybody wins !!!!

Image result for everybody wins gif

for those of you who like his long hair looks,you can check out The Perfect Couple movie :wink:

• Like 7

Korean drama of the week "Blade Man"

photo852253.jpg

Korean drama of the week "Blade Man" (2014)

Directed by Kim Jong-yeon, Kim Yong-soo-I

Written by Kim Gyoo-wan

Network  : KBS

With Lee Dong-wook, Sin Se-kyeong, Kim Kap-soo, Han Eun-jeong, Jeong Yoo-geun, Lee Mi-sook,...

18 episodes - Wed, Thu 22:00
Also known as "Ironman"
Synopsis
A drama about a man who has knives standing upright all over his body because of the pain that his heart's been through and a woman who helps him grow.

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2014/09/10~2014/11/13

Read Raine's episode review and Orion's review

Available on DVD from YESASIA

DVD (SG - English Subtitled)
DVD (SG - English Subtitled)

Episode 1

Watch on DramaFever

credit : Hancinema

• Like 6

Exclusive: Lee Dong Wook On His Role In “Goblin” And His Epic Bromance With Gong Yoo

Lee-dong-wook-jakarta-1.jpg

While Lee Dong Wook was on his “For My Dear” Tour in Asia, we were fortunate enough to grab some of his time for an exclusive interview while he was in Jakarta.

Check out what he had to say below!

Your Grim Reaper character was so unique and we can’t imagine anyone else playing it. What is the secret behind making the character special?

I’ve also tried to imagine it but I couldn’t. I’m just kidding! What I considered the most important thing in acting out the Grim Reaper was the difference between his attitude while he was working and not, and I worked hard to make that clear. I think that’s what stood out as special. Additionally, I wanted to emphasis a cold outward appearance for the times he was doing his job. So his uniform would have metal studs on the shirt and his shoes.

lee-dong-wook-jakarta-2.jpg

Did your role as the Grim Reaper in “Goblin” live up to your expectations?

It’s hard to say. There’s no real way to measure satisfaction about a role. When I monitored myself through the broadcasts, I always see things that I could have done better. Regardless, the role received a lot more love than I had ever anticipated it would so I’m very thankful.

Your bromance with Gong Yoo is basically legendary, do you have any thoughts about reviving the relationship with future projects together?

Of course. That would be great. After the drama was finished, Gong Yoo and I joked, “Will we ever get another chance to be able to work together again?” Because we don’t think there will be an immediate opportunity to work together. So if there’s something we can do together, since “Goblin” was filled with moments where we engaged in a lot of banter, I think it’ll be fun if we can do something more comic in the future.

lee-dong-wook-jakarta-3.jpg

Have there been any special or memorable episodes from your “For My Dear” Fan Meet Tour?

Rather than having special episodes, it was interesting to see how fans in different countries had different reactions/responses. My fans were able to understand Korean a lot better than I had expected so they reacted quickly to whatever I said. [While I was up on stage], my fans looked up at me with sparkling eyes. After seeing them like that, I told myself I should work harder. I was really happy that they came to see me. It was fun to play games and joke around with them.

Do you have anything that you’d like to say to your international fans?

I am currently on this tour, and I’m so thankful for all the love I am receiving from each country. I’ve been very fortunate. Fans have been happy to see me, but I am also very happy because I can meet them up close and because it is rare to be able to meet fans from other countries. I will continue to work hard on acting so that this fortune will last a long time and I am able to show my best to everyone.

We’d like to extend a special thank you to Mecima Pro for facilitating this interview during the Jakarta stop of the “For My Dear” Tour. 

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, willenette said:

Exclusive: Lee Dong Wook On His Role In “Goblin” And His Epic Bromance With Gong Yoo

Lee-dong-wook-jakarta-1.jpg

While Lee Dong Wook was on his “For My Dear” Tour in Asia, we were fortunate enough to grab some of his time for an exclusive interview while he was in Jakarta.

Check out what he had to say below!

Your Grim Reaper character was so unique and we can’t imagine anyone else playing it. What is the secret behind making the character special?

I’ve also tried to imagine it but I couldn’t. I’m just kidding! What I considered the most important thing in acting out the Grim Reaper was the difference between his attitude while he was working and not, and I worked hard to make that clear. I think that’s what stood out as special. Additionally, I wanted to emphasis a cold outward appearance for the times he was doing his job. So his uniform would have metal studs on the shirt and his shoes.

lee-dong-wook-jakarta-2.jpg

Did your role as the Grim Reaper in “Goblin” live up to your expectations?

It’s hard to say. There’s no real way to measure satisfaction about a role. When I monitored myself through the broadcasts, I always see things that I could have done better. Regardless, the role received a lot more love than I had ever anticipated it would so I’m very thankful.

Your bromance with Gong Yoo is basically legendary, do you have any thoughts about reviving the relationship with future projects together?

Of course. That would be great. After the drama was finished, Gong Yoo and I joked, “Will we ever get another chance to be able to work together again?” Because we don’t think there will be an immediate opportunity to work together. So if there’s something we can do together, since “Goblin” was filled with moments where we engaged in a lot of banter, I think it’ll be fun if we can do something more comic in the future.

Have there been any special or memorable episodes from your “For My Dear” Fan Meet Tour?

Do you have anything that you’d like to say to your international fans?

I am currently on this tour, and I’m so thankful for all the love I am receiving from each country. I’ve been very fortunate. Fans have been happy to see me, but I am also very happy because I can meet them up close and because it is rare to be able to meet fans from other countries. I will continue to work hard on acting so that this fortune will last a long time and I am able to show my best to everyone.

We’d like to extend a special thank you to Mecima Pro for facilitating this interview during the Jakarta stop of the “For My Dear” Tour. 

Rather than having special episodes, it was interesting to see how fans in different countries had different reactions/responses. My fans were able to understand Korean a lot better than I had expected so they reacted quickly to whatever I said. [While I was up on stage], my fans looked up at me with sparkling eyes. After seeing them like that, I told myself I should work harder. I was really happy that they came to see me. It was fun to play games and joke around with them.

:bawling:

my fans looked up at me with sparkling eyes. After seeing them like that, I told myself I should work harder.

sparkling eyes hahaha

Image result for anime girls sparkling eyes

We will support you harder Wookie :D

• Like 6