[Current Drama 2024] Connection, 커넥션-Ji Sung & Jeon Mi Do-Fri&Sat

larus

Ji Sung becomes mired in a broken friendship Connection

by tccolb

547328_689165_5841.jpg

More posters and a new teaser have dropped for SBS’s upcoming Connection, tossing us a pile of the mystery’s puzzle pieces to ponder as Ji Sung (Adamas) is sunk further into the muck.

Opening on detective Jang Jae-kyung’s (Ji Sung) promotion, his superior boasts how proud they are to have Jae-kyung on their squad. But despite the accolades, we hear someone suspect that Jae-kyung is an addict and our hero scoffs that it’s not possible, when he himself is responsible for investigating drug related crimes.

We then watch as Jae-kyung is kidnapped and drugged, only to be threatened afterwards with the incriminating footage. Elsewhere, journalist Jeon Mi-do (Thirty-Nine) discusses the drug in question, a new variety called “lemon meth” that even the police don’t have a file for. As such, the race is on for Jae-kyung to find the information himself. But as we read in the intermittent text screens, the culprit who made him addicted has since disappeared.

Alas, things only get worse as Jae-kyung – and the rest of our main players – are faced with their high school classmate’s death. Kwon Yul (Longing for You) and Kim Kyung-nam (The One and Only) are already dressed to assist with the funeral, remarking that it’s been 20 years since they last saw Jae-kyung. Although our hero is enraged that they’re rushing the burial without an autopsy, the deceased’s wife – Jung Yoo-min (Perfect Marriage Revenge) – is more upset by their behavior as so-called friends.

If the shifty-eyed Park Tae-jin (Kwon Yul) wasn’t a giveaway, chaebol Won Jong-soo (Kim Kyung-nam) makes it crystal clear that it’s Tae-jin’s responsibility as prosecutor to block any evidence that’s discovered. The shrewd Oh Yoon-jin (Jeon Mi-do) can tell that someone’s trying to cover up the case and yells at Jae-kyung for falling prey to drugs. But there’s something else that’s wracking up our hero’s guilt and he admits that, “If it wasn’t for me, he wouldn’t have died.”

As we head into the final sequence, the captions ominously point to the fall of friendship as a starting point to our mystery story’s connection. Yoon-jin resolves to protect her scoop, arguing that it’s a cheap move to pull the whole article just because of a few words. In the meantime, Jae-kyung presses forward with his investigations and finally manages to find a witness.

Although we don’t see if they were directly involved, the teaser reveals that Tae-jin and Jong-soo were both present at the scene of their classmate’s death. In voiceover, we then close on the witnesses’s cryptic confession: “I saw it. But… at the time, no one saw that…”

Premiering later this month on May 24, production for SBS’s crime-thriller Connection has PD Kim Moon-kyo (Trolley) at the helm with scripts by Lee Hyun (Diary of a Prosecutor).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/ji-sung-becomes-mired-in-a-broken-friendship-connection/

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

20240503020012_connection-still-02_6849a Mi Do Decides To Publish A Scoop First And Deal With Her Boss Later In New Drama "Connection"

May 03, 2024
by S Kim

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works in the social affairs department of Anhyun Economic Daily. Oh Yoon Jin is someone who cannot stand injustice, regardless of the person’s rank, and has come to realize that money is the greatest thing in life.

The newly released stills capture Oh Yoon Jin, who was called in by the editor-in-chief after publishing an exclusive article on her own as she could not miss a scoop.

connection-still-01.jpeg

Soon she comes out of the editor-in-chief’s office with a serious facial expression. Viewers are curious to find out if something goes wrong with Oh Yoon Jin’s exclusive article.

More

• Like 2

Spoiler

Ji Sung Faces Off With A Violent Criminal In

Ji Sung Faces Off With A Violent Criminal In "Connection"

SBS has shared a suspenseful new glimpse of its upcoming drama “Connection”!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Jang Jae Kyung faces off with a criminal in a tense encounter. Standing in the dingy front yard of someone’s home, Jang Jae Kyung points a gun at a criminal and issues a stern warning with a fierce look in his eye.

However, instead of heeding his warning, the mystery criminal races towards Jang Jae Kyung—and the two men wind up in a physical brawl.

Ji-Sung.jpegJi-Sung-2.jpeg

According to those present on set, the cast was in awe of Ji Sung’s powerful acting while filming the scene.

“This scene filled with Ji Sung’s passionate acting was a legendary scene, to the extent where we can remember everything about that day—the temperature, humidity, and even the smell in the air,” said the drama’s production team. “We hope that while watching the drama, the viewers will feel what the crew felt that day.”

Ji-Sung-3.jpeg

Spoiler

Ji-Sung-4.jpeg

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658794wpp/ji-sung-faces-off-with-a-violent-criminal-in-connection

• Love 1

Seo Yi-ra appears in drama ‘Connection’

856235_876044_5456.jpg

Actress Seo Yi-ra appears for the first time in a public broadcast drama with ‘Connection’.

Her agency Y1 Entertainment announced on the May2nd, “Seo Yi-ra will appear in SBS’ new Friday-Saturday drama ‘Connection.’”

SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Connection' (written by Lee Hyeon, directed by Kim Moon-kyo) is about an ace detective from the drug team who was forcibly addicted to drugs by someone, and uses the death of his friend as a clue to uncover the full story of the connection and the deteriorating friendship that lasted for 20 years. It is an addiction tracking suspense drama.

Seo Yi-ra played the role of ‘Oh Soo-hyun’ in the play.

Sergeant Oh Soo-hyeon is the youngest detective in the drug crime investigation team at Anhyeon Police Station under Captain Jang Jae-kyung (Ji Sung). Oh Soo-hyun portrays a passionate detective who observes every move of his seniors with an overflowing sense of justice and adds strength to the investigation.

Seo Yi-ra, who has shown her presence in films and OTT platform works, continues her work with her first public broadcast work. Seo Yi-ra, who debuted as Tou Woman 2 opposite the main character girl (Cynthia) of the movie 'The Witch 2' and left a lasting impression as a high school girl in Disney+'s 'Moving', has played strong characters in 'The Worst Evil' and the drama 'Happiness Battle'. He took on the role and emerged as a promising star.

Meanwhile, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Connection' will premiere at 10 p.m. on Friday, May 24.

http://www.nbnnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=856235

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

According to those present on set, the cast was in awe of Ji Sung’s powerful acting while filming the scene.

“This scene filled with Ji Sung’s passionate acting was a legendary scene, to the extent where we can remember everything about that day—the temperature, humidity, and even the smell in the air,”

Counting the days for this drama premier. C'mon it's Ji sung!  It's thriller psychological genre! 

• Blob 1

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Are Entangled In More Than One Mysterious

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Are Entangled In More Than One Mysterious "Connection" In New Drama

SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection” has released a new poster of its two leads!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

Meanwhile, after the sudden and mysterious death of an old friend, former high school classmates Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin wind up becoming entangled in unexpected ways. Determined to crack the case, the two former classmates reunite for the first time in 20 years and forge an alliance.

The newly released poster offers a glimpse of Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin mid-investigation, with a wall full of notes and evidence revealing just how much time they’ve spent poring over the case of their classmate’s death.

The caption also hints at their crucial role in the case, reading cryptically, “At the start of the connection was us.”

Connection.jpeg

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659276wpp/ji-sung-and-jeon-mi-do-are-entangled-in-more-than-one-mysterious-connection-in-new-drama

by Lily Alice, May 6, 2024
2  0

Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do's upcoming drama Connection unveiled a two-shot poster.

Connection follows Jang Jae Kyung (Ji Sung), an ace detective in the narcotics team, who is forcibly addicted to drugs. He uncovers the entire story of connections within a 20-year corrupt friendship using the death of his friend as a clue. 

Former high school classmates Jang Jae Kyung (Ji Sung) and Oh Yoon Jin (Jeon Mi Do) begin to get entangled with each other in unexpected ways following the inexplicable death of an old friend. The two reunite for the first time in 20 years and join hands to solve the case.  

The two-shot poster shows Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yun Jin putting their heads together and pondering over the collected notes and evidence of the case to uncover the mystery of the death of their high school classmate. The text reads, "At the start of the connection was us." rNxL6E_2f.jpgConnection is scheduled to premiere on May 24. More news about the K-drama's OTT streaming service is yet to come.

https://mydramalist.com/article/ji-sung-and-jeon-mi-do-put-their-heads-together-to-solve-a-case-in-connection

• Love 1

Spoiler

Jeon Mi Do Dishes On Her Upcoming Drama

Jeon Mi Do Dishes On Her Upcoming Drama "Connection"

Jeon Mi Do has talked about her upcoming drama “Connection”!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. The drama is a collaboration between director Lee Tae Gon and writer Lee Hyun, who previously worked together for JTBC’s “Diary of a Prosecutor.”

Jeon Mi Do will star in the drama as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter in the social affairs department of Anhyun Economic Daily. She is someone who cannot stand injustice, regardless of the person’s rank, and has come to realize that money is the greatest thing in life.

Recalling how she felt when she first received the script for “Connection,” Jeon Mi Do shared, “’Connection’ is my third drama, and I was surprised to find that all three of my dramas revolve around the stories of friends. I couldn’t help but wonder if this was fate.”

The actress also expressed excitement about her role in “Connection,” remarking, “This role is unlike anything I’ve done before, so I’m curious to see how viewers will react.”

jeon-mi-do-1.jpg

On how she prepared for her role in “Connection,” Jeon Mi Do revealed, “In order to portray journalist Oh Yoon Jin, I met with actual journalists and conducted interviews in order to fully immerse myself in the character.”

She continued, “I paid close attention to expressing Oh Yoon Jin’s keenness as a journalist and her curiosity about things that others might not be interested in, especially as she pursues the case in the story.” She added, “At first, it was a bit overwhelming to transform into Oh Yoon Jin, who is definitely an extrovert, as I’m more of an introvert myself. However, as time went on, I gradually found it easier to get into character.”

Jeon Mi Do also revealed, “Unlike my previous dramas, which were mainly shot on set, ‘Connection’ was shot in a different environment, so it felt a little bit unfamiliar. It was both a challenge and a pleasure.” She added, “There were a lot of action scenes, fire scenes, and chase scenes due to the nature of the genre, and I was worried because it was my first time doing these kinds of scenes. However, I was able to complete filming without any problems thanks to the guidance of veteran actor Ji Sung.”

jeon-mi-do-2.jpg

Talking about her co-star Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do shared, “At first, I thought of Ji Sung as a senior actor who would be difficult to approach. However, as we worked together on set, I found him to be incredibly pure and warm-hearted, to the point where I wanted to tease him. He is also very considerate, and there were many times I was touched by his kindness on set.” She added, “The atmosphere on set was so good that I even wanted to go to the set on days when we weren’t filming.”

As for what viewers can look forward to in the drama, she remarked, “I think it will be interesting to watch how Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin, who are complete opposites, bicker while working together to catch the criminal.”

jeon-mi-do-3.jpg

The production team of “Connection” commented, “One thing Jeon Mi Do and Oh Yoon Jin have in common is their unwavering passion for pursuing something to the very end. Please tune in to ‘Connection’ to see Oh Yoon Jin as depicted by Jeon Mi Do, who never stopped debating on set sin order to portray many different sides of the character.”

“Connection” will premiere on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660282wpp/jeon-mi-do-dishes-on-her-upcoming-drama-connection

by Lily Alice, May 9, 2024
8 0

SBS's upcoming mystery drama Connection drops new teaser.  

Connection follows Jang Jae Kyung (Ji Sung), an ace detective in the narcotics team, who is addicted to drugs against his will by someone. 

The teaser commences by showing Jang Jae Kyung's life being turned upside down after he is forcibly addicted to drugs. 

In another scene, Park Tae Jin (Kwon Yool), a key member of the "inner circle" of friends who oppose Jang Jae Kyung, announces, "He left a will before he died," to a gathering of friends who reunited after 20 years at their friend's funeral. It was disclosed that the deceased left 5 billion won in life insurance. 

RBJv3R_2f.png

On the other hand, Won Jong Soo (Kim Kyung Nam) expressed his discontent towards Park Tae Jin, saying, "If you knew about the will, you should have told me first," hinting at their complex relationship.  

The teaser shows chaos unfolding and the people involved in the case getting hurt.

2wD2q7_2f.png

Towards the end, Oh Yun Jin (Jeon Mi Do) expresses her determination, "Anyway, I feel like I can't just let this case go."

qYwpo8_2f.png

Jang Jae Kyung's forced drug addiction, the sudden death of his and Oh Yun Jin's former classmate, and the numerous characters involved in the mystery, up the suspense. 

Connection is scheduled to premiere on May 24. More news about the K-drama's OTT streaming service is yet to come. Watch the teaser here

https://mydramalist.com/article/ji-sung-and-jeon-mi-do-get-caught-up-in-a-big-mess-in-connection

Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, And Kim Kyung Nam Are Former High School Classmates In “Connection”

May 13, 2024
by E Ezeji

Upcoming drama “Connection” has shared posters featuring Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, and Kim Kyung Nam!

“Connection” is a new crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

Jeon Mi Do will star as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper. Kwon Yool will portray prosecutor Park Tae Jin, who is known as the brain among his friends, and Kim Kyung Nam will star as Won Jong Soo, the vice chairman of Geum Hyun Group, who has both money and power.

The released posters capture high school classmates Jang Jae Kyung, Oh Yoon Jin, Park Tae Jin, and Woo Jong Soo who reunite after 20 years. The poster shows the four characters in a dark and mysterious setting with yellow light illuminating their faces. In one poster, the four characters are standing far apart, each looking in a different direction. In another poster, they are captured standing closer together with intense facial expressions.

Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin’s unwavering determination to uncover the truth is evident in their intense stares and serious facial expressions. On the other hand, Park Tae Jin and Woo Jong Soo seem cautious and wary of their surroundings.

connection-1.jpg

connection-2.jpg

Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, and Kim Kyung Nam showed off their chemistry on the set of the poster shoot and created a friendly atmosphere. As soon as they met, they greeted each other warmly and engaged in conversations. They also generously showered each other with compliments and encouragement. Thanks to this, the four actors quickly completed the shoot and received applause from the production team.

The production team of “Connection” commented, “Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, and Kim Kyung Nam are actors who have the power to make you anticipate the story with their gazes.” They added, “Please look forward to the suspenseful story that will unfold when these former high school classmates meet again 20 years later with different appearances and goals and how they are connected to the sudden death of their friend.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661056wpp/ji-sung-jeon-mi-do-kwon-yool-and-kim-kyung-nam-are-former-high-school-classmates-in-connection

20240514075615_jeon-mi-do-jisung.jpg?s=9Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Display Stark Emotions At A Funeral In "Connection"

May 14, 2024

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Connection” has unveiled new stills of Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do depicting starkly different emotions!

The drama follows an ace narcotics officer who is forcibly addicted to drugs by someone. Using the clue of a friend’s death, he unravels the truth behind a 20-year-long twisted friendship and its connections in this suspense thrilling drama.

“Connection” is quickly becoming one of the most anticipated dramas of 2024, owing to the collaboration of talented professionals. The drama is written by Lee Hyun, known for “Diary of a Prosecutor,” and directed by Kim Moon Kyo of “Trolley.” The drama features a talented cast, including Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, and Kim Kyung Nam, whose compelling performances bring vibrancy to the show.

In the newly released stills, Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do portray a poignant transformation as Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin, exhibiting no smiles despite their long-awaited reunion.

The scene captures Jang Jae Kyung (Ji Sung) and Oh Yoon Jin (Jeon Mi Do) reuniting at a friend’s funeral after 20 years. They display contrasting emotions, showcasing Jang Jae Kyung’s simmering anger and Oh Yoon Jin’s frustration, emphasizing their emotional contrast.

ji-sung-2-.jpeg

Spoiler

jeon-mi-do-3.jpeg

Soon, they engage in a close conversation, sparking curiosity. Why did Jang Jae Kyung, who once believed friendship was risky and ended ties with friends, reappear after 20 years? What compelled Oh Yoon Jin, unlike Jang Jae Kyung, to attend the funeral and approach him?

The scene with Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do in a funeral procession, seemingly interacting with hidden intentions, was compelling thanks to their strong focus. Despite the crowd, they portrayed their characters’ emotions vividly, staying emotionally invested and committed to their roles until filming. Their preparation was meticulous, ensuring precise movements and dialogue delivery during rehearsals.

ji-sung-jeon-mi-do.jpeg

The production team highlighted that Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do skillfully portrayed the bittersweet reunion with an old friend and the delicate expression of the atmosphere. Throughout filming, the team was impressed by the chemistry between Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do, which resonates as genuine friendship on screen. Viewers will also connect with these emotions when watching the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661190wpp/ji-sung-and-jeon-mi-do-display-stark-emotions-at-a-funeral-in-connection

Everyone comes for Ji Sung’s neck in Connection

by Jenzy

CNCTN1.jpeg

Wow. If there’s anything to say after watching the latest teaser for SBS’s crime thriller Connection, it’s just that I’m glad I’m not Ji Sung (Adamas). That was one of the more chaotic, stressful trailers I think I’ve ever seen.

The teaser opens on our detective Jang Jae-kyung (Ji Sung), an ace investigator until one day he became kidnapped and forcibly addicted to drugs. He’s now stuck in a catch-22 situation where his body craves drugs while he’s literally a drug-buster, but he hasn’t let that affect his sense of justice in solving crimes.

However, things take a turn for the messy when he learns of the death of an old friend, ruled as suicide. At the funeral doubling as a pseudo high school reunion, it’s announced that the friend had a 50 million won life insurance policy willed to one of his old classmates, and now it looks like it’ll be a flurry of suspects and murder accusations between him and other former friends to see who will get their hands on that pot of money.

One of Jae-kyung’s acquaintances, the dogged-reporter Oh Yoon-jin, played by Jeon Mi-do (Thirty-Nine), immediately catches on to the suspicious circumstances at play, asking Jae-kyung if it’s possible that their deceased friend has set up the situation so Jae-kyung can catch the killer. Jae-kyung and Yoon-jin waste no time diving into a full-fledged investigation, but things take a turn for the violent as people get killed, kidnapped, and chased as they starts to dig. Jae-kyung’s integrity also gets questioned by his fellow police colleagues, who assume he is blinded by a sense of greed for that insurance payout.

But Jae-kyung and Yoon-jin aren’t the only duo working overtime here. We also have Jae-kyung’s more shifty former friends, the manipulative chaebol Kim Kyung-nam (The One and Only) and prosecutor Kwon Yul (Longing for You), who immediately share a very suspicious conversation where Won Jong-soo (Kim Kyung-nam) angrily tells Park Tae-jin (Kwon Yul), “You should’ve told me if there’d be a will involved.” Combined with the following clips of them screaming their heads off and hunting down CCTV’s… I think we might already know who the killer is.

There’s some kind of twisted string of fate, a connection if you will (lol), keeping these four stuck in a cat and mouse chase with each other. So it’s fitting to end the teaser on Yoon-jin, giving a determined grin as she tells someone, “There’s no way I’m going way I’m letting this case slide.”

Written by Lee Hyun (Diary of a Prosecutor) and directed by Kim Moon-kyo (Trolley), Connection will premiere on May 24 at SBS.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/everyone-comes-for-ji-sungs-neck-in-connection/

News bites: May 13, 2024

by tccolb

30000925531_1280.jpg

Speaking of crime, SBS’s latest posters foreshadow the dark ride we’ll be taking through Connection alongside Ji Sung (Adamas), Jeon Mi-do (Thirty-Nine), Kwon Yul (Longing for You), and Kim Kyung-nam (The One and Only. Directed by PD Kim Moon-kyo (Trolley) with Lee Hyun (Diary of a Prosecutor) penning the scripts, the thriller is slated to premiere on May 24 this month. [News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/news-bites-may-13-2024/

May 13 2024

Teaser posters for SBS drama “Connection”

Connection-SM1jpeg.jpg

Two teaser posters for SBS drama series “Connection” starring Ji Sung & Jeon Mi-Do. Caption on the teaser posters states “All friendships are special, until it goes bad.” The teaser posters features Ji Sung as Detective Jang Jae-Kyeong, Jeon Mi-Do as Reporter Oh Yoon-Jin, Kwon Yool as Prosecutor Park Tae-Jin, and Kim Kyung-Nam as conglomerate heir Won Jong-Soo. Although Jang Jae-Kyeong is a detective on the anti-drug squad, he was forced to become a drug addict.

“Connection” first airs May 24, 2024 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Jang Jae-Kyeong (Ji Sung) is an ace detective on the drug task force at Anhyeon Police Station. His life’s motto is that weakness in success happens when personal connections and supporters are involved. To avoid that pitfall, he keeps a distance from friends, fellow police officers, and even his own family when he senses it could cause trouble. He is a person with strong convictions and principles. A crisis then occurs in his life. He is forced to become addicted to drugs by someone. With the death of his friend as a clue, he reveals the whole story of connections within a 20 year corrupt friendship.

Meanwhile, Oh Yoon-Jin (Jeon Mi-Do) is a local news reporter for the Anhyeon Economic Daily Newspaper. She is very self-assertive and says things without reserve. Due to her personality, she was unfairly fired at her previous job. It wasn’t easy for her to get hired in the same field. She decided to focus her reporting on corruption and return to Anhyeon City. As a reporter for the Anhyeon Economic Daily Newspaper, she gets involved with Detective Jang Jae-Kyeong.

Connection-tp01.jpeg