[Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

larus

20240604063838_eclipse.jpeg?s=900x600&e=

"Lovely Runner" Denies Reports About Byeon Woo Seok's On-Screen Group Eclipse Attending KCON

Lovely Runner” boy band Eclipse will not be performing at KCON.

On June 4, Ilgan Sports reported that the four members of “Lovely Runner” boy band Eclipse including Byeon Woo Seok, Lee Seung Hyub, Moon Si On, and Yang Hyuk are in discussion to perform at the upcoming KCON, which will be held in Los Angeles in July.

In response to the report, the production team of “Lovely Runner” released an official statement sharing, “The report about Eclipse performing at KCON is misinformation and is not true.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665999wpp/lovely-runner-denies-reports-about-byeon-woo-seoks-on-screen-group-eclipse-attending-kcon

20240604071343_lovely-runner.jpeg?s=900x

"Lovely Runner" Cast And Crew To Go On Reward Vacation

The “Lovely Runner” cast will be going on a reward vacation after the drama’s massive success!

On June 4, a source from the production company CJ ENM shared, “The cast and crew of ‘Lovely Runner’ will be going on a reward vacation to Phuket, Thailand.”

As they are still coordinating the schedule, the exact date and the list of attending actors have not been confirmed yet.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Lovely Runner”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666020wpp/lovely-runner-cast-and-crew-to-go-on-reward-vacation

N.Flying's Lee Seung Hyub Talks About His "Lovely Runner" Role, His Co-Stars, And Future Projects

Jun 05, 2024
by R Suhaila

Lee Seung Hyub, the charismatic leader of N.Flying and the breakout star as Baek In Hyuk in the beloved drama “Lovely Runner,” recently opened up about his experiences on set!

The interview kicked off with a lighthearted question about which team he would pick if he could go back to his debut days. He quipped, “Between N.Flying and Eclipse? I would choose the N.Flying members. Eclipse are such superstars.

More

“Lovely Runner

“Lovely Runner" OST Album Breaks Record For Highest Stock Pre-Orders In Korean OST Album History

Following the drama’s success, the “Lovely Runner” OST album is also making waves!

On June 5, CJ ENM announced that the pre-order sales for the “Lovely Runner” OST album had set a new record for the highest number of pre-orders achieved by any Korean OST album in history, showcasing its incredible popularity.

CJ ENM stated, “The pre-order quantity far surpassed the production volume estimates.” However, the exact sales figures have not yet been disclosed.

The OST album features a total of 54 tracks, including six songs by the drama’s boy band Eclipse, 38 instrumental scores, and 10 vocal tracks from other artists that enriched the series.

lovely-runner-album.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666276wpp/lovely-runner-ost-album-breaks-record-for-highest-stock-pre-orders-in-korean-ost-album-history

by Lily Alice, June 6, 2024
140 44

If one wonders whether a drama with a peak 5% rating can propel an actor to global stardom, Lovely Runner canAnd Byeon Woo Seok is the proof of this. 

Everyone in the K-dramaland is talking about Byeon Woo Seok, as he starred for the role of Ryu Seon Jae in the tvN series Lovely Runner. The model-turned-actor has been topping popularity rankings in Korea and has also built a strong fan base overseas.  

Byeon Woo Seok, who debuted with the 2016 tvN drama Dear My Friends, took on his first leading role in 8 years. He perfectly portrayed an ace swimmer, a band member, and a superstar actor — a challenging role.  

Talking about his experience of transitioning from a model to an actor, Byeon Woo Seok said he "experienced some trauma in the process," and added, "It seems I naturally overcame it as people began to recognize my hard work and compliment me."

Do you realize how popular you are these days?

Many people show up at interview locations and events. Every time that happens, I feel like I realize it a little bit more. Seeing so many people enjoying events like the group viewing of the final episode makes me feel it. Especially, seeing the drama ad put up in Times Square and 'Sudden Shower' by Eclipse ranking fifth [now fourth] on Melon feels unreal. I check my name and song rankings every day (laughs).

XdED3g_2f.png

You had a challenging character to portray, but many say you did it perfectly. Your comment. 

I put special effort into swimming and singing. I believed it was crucial to show that Seon Jae was a professional swimmer for the viewers to relate to his sadness and emotions. For the concert scenes, which appear early on, I practiced a lot to capture the right ambiance and Seon Jae's essence. Even though they were short scenes, we prepared for 3-4 months. I even rehearsed specific gestures to avoid looking awkward on stage.

You sang all the songs for Eclipse. How did you prepare for them?

I practiced singing a lot. I listened to songs frequently as well. Most importantly, during the recording, the music director meticulously guided me through each syllable. We worked on the details, including the emphasis on sounds and breathing.

vX5rR2_2f.png

You had many scenes that required taking care of your physique. Was there anything particularly challenging during filming? 

There was a lot to prepare, and it was challenging to convey the required professionalism. We filmed scenes set in summer during the winter, including scenes in the water, which I had never done before, so it was difficult. There were so many shirtless scenes, and since it was my first time being the lead in a drama, I wasn't sure how to manage my body while filming five or six times a week. So, I used to exercise whenever I had a break. Because I filmed using [a lot of] my physical and mental strength, I lost 3-4kg, so I made sure to eat well.

more https://mydramalist.com/article/it-feels-unreal-byeon-woo-seok-on-his-popularity-past-trauma-more

20240611093735_byeon-woo-seok-kim-hye-yo

Kim Hye Yoon Confirmed + Byeon Woo Seok Unable To Join "Lovely Runner" Reward Vacation

Jun 11, 2024
by M Lim

The upcoming reward vacation for “Lovely Runner” will unfortunately not have the full cast in attendance.

On June 11, a representative from Byeon Woo Seok’s agency VARO Entertainment shared, “Byeon Woo Seok will not be able to attend the ‘Lovely Runner’ reward vacation due to his Asia tour schedule.”

However, Kim Hye Yoon is confirmed to join the vacation. A representative from her agency Artist Company stated, “We plan to adjust her schedule as much as possible so she can participate in the trip.”

Previously on June 4, production company CJ ENM confirmed that the cast and crew of “Lovely Runner” would be heading to Phuket, Thailand for a reward vacation.

“Lovely Runner” successfully concluded its run on May 28. Following the drama’s massive success, Byeon Woo Seok kicked off his first Asia fan meeting tour “Summer Letter” starting on June 8.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1667339wpp/kim-hye-yoon-confirmed-byeon-woo-seok-unable-to-join-lovely-runner-reward-vacation

Lovely Runner’s Byeon Woo Seok will not attend reward vacation, Kim Hye Yoon confirmed to join; Report

Lovely Runner’s Byeon Woo Seok to reportedly not join for the upcoming reward vacation happening in June. Kim Hye Yoon is said to be confirmed.

Updated on Jun 11, 2024

1552380112_lovely-runner-reward-vacation

Lovely Runner's Byeon Woo Seok is reportedly unable to join the upcoming reward vacation scheduled for June 2024 due to his ongoing Asia fan meet titled Summer Letter. Meanwhile, his co-star Kim Hye Yoon is said to have confirmed her attendance for the vacation. However, the participation of other cast and crew members in the vacation is still awaiting confirmation.

Lovely Runner’s Byeon Woo Seok unable to join reward vacation for Lovely Runner

According to OSEN's report on the afternoon of June 11, the cast of tvN's popular drama Lovely Runner is set to embark on a reward vacation to Phuket, Thailand's largest resort, sometime in the middle of this month. 

While fans had hoped to see the drama's main leads, Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon, together again, it has been confirmed that Byeon Woo Seok will be unable to attend due to his prior commitment to his Asian tour, Summer Letter. However, Kim Hye Yoon's agency, as reported by OSEN, stated that she is making efforts to adjust her schedule to join the vacation if possible.

The team is currently in the process of finalizing the schedule for the vacation by carefully checking and aligning everyone's availability. While it is anticipated to take place in June, the exact date and the full roster of actors, aside from Kim Hye Yoon and Byeon Woo Seok, are yet to be confirmed. 

Notably, Lovely Runner boasts a talented cast including Byeon Woo Seok, Kim Hye Yoon, Song Geon Hee, N.Flying's Lee Seung Hyub, and others. With its compelling storyline, exceptional performances, and remarkable chemistry among the cast, the series has garnered immense popularity among audiences worldwide, solidifying its status as a massive hit.

The beloved series concluded its successful run on May 28 with a special finale watched live by fans in South Korea, accompanied by the actors in a heartfelt watch-together event. During the event, they reminisced about their favorite moments from the show and expressed gratitude to the fans for their unwavering support, sharing cherished memories together.

• 2 weeks later...

20240619074718_lovely-runner-vacay-01.jp

"Lovely Runner" Stars Kim Hye Yoon, Song Geon Hee, And Heo Hyung Kyu Enjoy Leisure Time While On Reward Vacation

Lovely Runner” cast members are captured enjoying their time in Phuket!

On June 18, Heo Hyung Kyu, who played villain Kim Young Soo in “Lovely Runner,” posted photos he took with Kim Hye Yoon and Song Geon Hee on his social media account.

One of Heo Hyung Kyu’s posts includes a photo of him posing with Song Geon Hee near the beach with a caption that reads, “Did you want something like this?”

heo-hyung-kyu-photo-02.jpeg

In another photo, Heo Hyung Kyu and Kim Hye Yoon are sitting side by side wearing sunglasses. He wrote, “Are we cool now?” referring to their characters’ ill-fated relationship in the drama.

heo-hyung-kyu-photo-01.jpeg

Previously on June 4, production company CJ ENM confirmed that the cast and crew of “Lovely Runner” would be heading to Phuket, Thailand for a reward vacation. Unfortunately, Byeon Woo Seok was unable to participate due to his Asia tour schedule.

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1668986wpp/lovely-runner-stars-kim-hye-yoon-song-geon-hee-and-heo-hyung-kyu-enjoy-leisure-time-while-on-reward-vacation

What kind of acting project does Byeon Woo Seok want to do in future post Lovely Runner’s success? Actor reveals

Byeon Woo Seok in a recent press conference talked about his series Lovely Runner, past roles, future projects and new rise in popularity. Know what he said below!

Updated on Jun 22, 2024

2120340379_lovely-runner-byeon-woo-seok.

On June 21, South Korean actor Byeon Woo Seok engaged with members of the press ahead of his sold-out Summer Letter fan meeting in Manila, Philippines. Byeon Woo Seok expressed his excitement and happiness as it was his first visit to the country. 

Following the remarkable success of the fantasy romance drama Lovely Runner, the actor embarked on hosting solo fan meetings across various Asian cities. During the press event, he discussed his past roles, upcoming projects, newfound popularity, and more.

Byeon Woo Seok discusses his rising popularity and next projects

Actor Byeon Woo Seok has made a name for himself as one of the most popular K-drama actors of 2024. Not only does he effortlessly charm his fans, but he also captivated members of the press during his recent fan meeting in Manila. 

At a celebratory press conference for the fan meeting, he made a striking appearance in a handsome suit, showcasing his impeccable style. To everyone's surprise, Byeon Woo Seok also delighted attendees by presenting stalks of yellow roses, adding a thoughtful and personal touch to the event.

During the press conference, Byeon Woo Seok discussed his rising popularity following the success of Lovely Runner, emphasizing his excitement about visiting various places and experiencing different cultures.

According to reports from Cosmopolitan PH, Byeon Woo Seok shared that he fell in love with his character Ryu Sun Jae in Lovely Runner, which marked his first leading role, because he found aspects of the character relatable to his own life.

Byeon Woo Seok highlighted his top three favorite scenes, including the episode where his character confessed his feelings for Sol by telling her that he loves her, another where he struggled to convey his pain to his father while serving him alcohol, and an emotional scene where Sun Jae expressed to Sol, "If I end up dying to save you, I’ll be fine with that. That doesn’t matter."

For his new fans, Byeon Woo Seok enthusiastically recommends checking out the drama Strong Girl Nam Soon and the film 20th Century Girl. He emphasized that everything is precious to him, making it difficult to choose just one favorite. 

Regarding his upcoming projects, he expressed a desire to take on another romantic comedy but stressed that the script must be impressive. Byeon Woo Seok also expressed gratitude for the love and support he and his character Sun Jae have received, and he teased that fans should stay tuned and get excited for his next project, which he hinted will be released in a few months.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/what-kind-of-acting-project-does-byeon-woo-seok-want-to-do-in-future-post-lovely-runners-success-actor-reveals-1319706

Spoiler

Kim Hye Yoon Talks About Success Of

Kim Hye Yoon Talks About Success Of "Lovely Runner," Her Perfectionist Tendencies, And More

Cosmopolitan has unveiled a delightful pictorial and interview featuring “Lovely Runner” star Kim Hye Yoon!

During the interview, when asked how she felt about the success of “Lovely Runner,” the actress humbly answered, “It’s more than I deserve, and I am truly grateful for it.”

Sharing her thoughts on the drama, she continued, “I felt like I was peeking into someone’s diary. Living as Im Sol from her teenage years to her thirties was a precious time. It was a good experience, and I learned a great deal from the character.”

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon.jpg

kim-hye-yoon1.jpg

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon2-1.jpgkim-hye-yoon3.jpg

Discussing the factors contributing to the drama’s massive popularity, Kim Hye Yoon emphasized, “I believe the biggest charm of ‘Lovely Runner’ lies in the mutual rescue narrative. In the drama, the scenes depicted from Sol’s perspective were later portrayed again from Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok)’s perspective, which I think many people liked.”

When asked about her acting and whether there were scenes she would film again if she had the chance, she admitted with humility, “I’m rarely satisfied with my acting. Personally, I have regrets about every scene, but I believe I would act the same way even if I could go back, because I know that my past self gave her utmost effort during filming.”

kim-hye-yoon4.jpg

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon5.jpg

Addressing her perfectionist tendencies, she remarked, “I like my strict nature. I always try to do my best in everything I do. I think it’s because of my consistent attempts to do better, without forgetting past shortcomings, that I was able to come this far.”

Regarding the areas where she allows herself to relax, she shared, “Actually, I’m very relaxed most of the time except for when I’m acting. It’s like I only focus when I choose to do so. So I want to do my best and maintain a strict approach when it comes to acting, which I deeply love and wish to excel at.”

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon6.jpg

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon7.jpgkim-hye-yoon8.jpg

Reflecting on her acting career, Kim Hye Yoon stated, “Watching my previous works made me think that I’ve been leaving a video diary of myself at that moment in time. When I watch those past projects in order to remind myself of those memories, it gives me strength. That’s why I feel grateful and privileged that my profession is acting.”

She concluded the interview by saying, “I’ve played many different characters up until now, and some people told me that they found comfort in my acting projects.

Although I’m nothing special, I think it’s truly meaningful that I’m able to bring someone positivity and strength through acting, which I cherish deeply.” She added, “I hope that ‘Kim Hye Yoon’ can continue to be material that provides good vibes and cheerful energy to many people.”

kim-hye-yoon9.jpg

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon10.jpg

Kim Hye Yoon’s full interview can be found in the July issue of Cosmopolitan Korea.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669466wpp/kim-hye-yoon-talks-about-success-of-lovely-runner-her-perfectionist-tendencies-and-more

• Like 1