[Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

20240512013541_Wi-Ha-Joon-Jung-Ryeo-Won-

"The Midnight Romance In Hagwon" Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection,” which also has just one week left in its run, earned an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660743wpp/the-midnight-romance-in-hagwon-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

1 hour ago, maribella said:

So Dami, her mother, grandfather and adoptive parents are all dead.

Her grandfather died without discovering Dami is not his bioogical granddaughter. Her grandfather died mourning over a girl that he only knew for a month AND isn't his real granddaughter.

---

I dare the writer create a twist where (just like in Penthouse) Dami and Mone was switched at birth, and Mone is really Kitak and Guem Hye's real daughter.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Her grandfather died without discovering Dami is not his bioogical granddaughter. Her grandfather died mourning over a girl that he only knew for a month AND isn't his real granddaughter.

---

I dare the writer create a twist where (just like in Penthouse) Dami and Mone was switched at birth, and Mone is really Kitak and Guem Hye's real daughter.  

Dami was Ki Tak’s daughter?

I  zipped through many episodes. Just too confusing.

The mission impossible face mask was quite interesting at first.

Still she was his grand daughter and he was her grandfather when they died. There’s just KT left of her family.

• Like 1

05cf7362372fcd67a3feb498a8e9a995fd7ba180

My OTP

Spoiler

104a203426d9af7b8dbcd75ae8068d01ea3d16ba

08b18471ead7432fc02b37d9c6005781af03a32a

ed4025c65790dae5b856df05e962079176251cbb

59f62f5c2f7fdc05170d5b1bb436e48846a228a9

c08f99f6df1326be2fbdc19bb43d08898d45b1b7

Spoiler

3141873b4ea5a62835df4a493eaf9bdc06b89222

f703e59210bffa674fe6372808bc146a8a8adff3

01d280672719163de6167e2dc37e8e86c652eca4

b79b460827489cd9a5cc466f7811ed9b508f83b0

Dear writer, if you kill any of them, I will procure a big box of needles and necessary amount of wax and make sure you will pay for that.

924c88afef59812e997bd65994c030f12f6ec02c

29e75204235d85acf0e47e9667a8416e2faec79a

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Spoiler

Lee Yu Bi Faces Diverse Emotions After Shocking Revelations In

Lee Yu Bi Faces Diverse Emotions After Shocking Revelations In "The Escape Of The Seven: Resurrection"

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” has unveiled new stills!

Season 2 of the hit 2023 drama “The Escape of the Seven,” which told the revenge story about a man who dreams of becoming the king of a castle built on fake news, “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” depicts the counterattack of the seven people, who returned from hell, against new evil that held hands with Matthew Lee (Uhm Ki Joon).

Spoilers

Previously, Han Mo Ne (Lee Yu Bi) and Kang Ki Tak (Yoon Tae Young) continued their secret alliance. Han Mo Ne informed Min Do Hyuk (Lee Joon) that Hwang Chan Sung (Lee Jung Shin) installed a backdoor program on LUCA, allowing Min Do Hyuk to access it. She successfully diverted Hwang Chan Sung’s attention and brought him to her home. However, Hwang Chan Sung soon grew suspicious, leading to a confrontation where Han Mo Ne stabbed him in the chest. The episode concluded with Kang Ki Tak shocking everyone by ending Hwang Chan Sung’s life, adding intense suspense.

The newly released stills depict the aftermath of Hwang Chan Sung’s revelation that Kang Ki Tak is Bang Da Mi’s (Jung Lael’s) father, leaving Han Mo Ne in unexpected shock. Her bewildered expression as she looks at Kang Ki Tak, who saved her from danger and ended Hwang Chan Sung’s life, raises anticipation for what will happen next. In another photo, the atmosphere between Han Mo Ne and Kang Ki Tak appears tense. Their intense gazes toward something unseen increase the suspense. Additionally, Han Mo Ne’s determined and somewhat cunning demeanor hints at intriguing developments to come.

lee-yoo-bi.jpg

The-Escape-of-the-Seven-Resurrection-lee

The new stills also capture a new dynamic between Han Mo Ne and No Han Na (Shim Ji Yoo). Whether it’s No Han Na leaning into Han Mo Ne’s embrace or the warm gestures they share, signs of change are clear. Viewers wonder what emotional shift has occurred in Han Mo Ne and what final actions she will take to protect Min Do Hyuk and her family.

The-Escape-of-the-Seven-Resurrection-sti

Spoiler

The-Escape-of-the-Seven-Resurrection.jpg

The-Escape-of-the-Seven-Resurrection-new

The production team stated that Han Mo Ne’s alliance to fulfill Min Do Hyuk’s plan will continue. Han Mo Ne’s risky retaliation to bring down Matthew Lee will be intriguing, according to the production team.

The next episode of “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” airs on May 17 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661696wpp/lee-yu-bi-faces-diverse-emotions-after-shocking-revelations-in-the-escape-of-the-seven-resurrection

Spoiler

Lee Joon And Yoon Tae Young Are Chained Up By Uhm Ki Joon In

Lee Joon And Yoon Tae Young Are Chained Up By Uhm Ki Joon In "The Escape Of The Seven: Resurrection"

With just two episodes remaining, SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” has shared new stills!

Season 2 of the hit 2023 drama “The Escape of the Seven,” which told the revenge story about a man who dreams of becoming the king of a castle built on fake news, “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” depicts the counterattack of the seven people, who returned from hell, against new evil that held hands with Matthew Lee (Uhm Ki Joon).

Spoilers

Previously, Matthew Lee framed Min Do Hyuk (Lee Joon) as a murderer once again, and Min Do Hyuk was arrested by the police. However, Min Do Hyuk anticipated all of this and decided to take the bait as Matthew Lee wanted.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture Matthew Lee visiting Min Do Hyuk, who is imprisoned in a detention center.

theescapeoftheseven-resurrection-03.jpeg

Matthew Lee looks down at Min Do Hyuk with a relaxed facial expression, saying, “You are destined to die in the way I want.” Then, he points a gun at Min Do Hyuk, adding tension.

theescapeoftheseven-resurrection-01.jpeg

theescapeoftheseven-resurrection-06.jpeg

More stills feature a fierce battle of nerves between Matthew Lee and Kang Ki Tak (Yoon Tae Young). Kang Ki Tak is covered in blood and tied up in Matthew Lee’s dungeon.

Spoiler

theescapeoftheseven-resurrection-05.jpeg

Matthew Lee looks at Kang Ki Tak and puts on an eerie smile, while Kang Ki Tak glares at Matthew Lee as if he were going to kill him. Viewers are curious to find out whether Min Do Hyuk and Kang Ki Tak will be able to escape the crisis and launch a counterattack against Matthew Lee.

Spoiler

theescapeoftheseven-resurrection-02.jpeg

theescapeoftheseven-resurrection-04.jpeg

The second to final episode of “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” airs on May 17 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662144wpp/lee-joon-and-yoon-tae-young-are-chained-up-by-uhm-ki-joon-in-the-escape-of-the-seven-resurrection

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

20240518005421_Chief-Detective-1958-1.jp

"Chief Detective 1958" Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings

Both MBC’s “Chief Detective 1958” and SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” are winding to a close!

Meanwhile, “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection,” which shares a time slot with “Chief Detective 1958,” earned a nationwide average of 3.2 percent for its own penultimate episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662316wpp/chief-detective-1958-heads-into-finale-on-no-1-ratings

• Like 1

In the end.... it turns out this was all Han Mone and Min DoHyuk's story.   

---

Is this where LUCA wakes up as a self aware AI and causes a nucular war between North and South Korea?

And there will be seven new characters including an adult Hana (Mone and DoHyuk died from nucular war) and they must escape an resist against LUCA?  

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 16! *last episode* :).

20240519022553_Missing-Crown-Prince-Chie

"Missing Crown Prince" Ratings Hit All-Time High As "Chief Detective 1958" And "The Escape Of The Seven: Resurrection" End

“The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection” rose to its highest ratings since its season premiere back in March. The drama saw a jump of nearly 1 percent for its series finale, earning a nationwide average of 4.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662410wpp/missing-crown-prince-ratings-hit-all-time-high-as-chief-detective-1958-and-the-escape-of-the-seven-resurrection-end

I am so glad I dropped this drama before it ended. 

My rating is 3/10 for the BGM and actors. It had the potential to be so much better, then the plot went completely sideways. I would not rewatch, continue, or recommend that anyone watch this drama. After a year, there's a new entry on my k-drama blacklist- Escape of the Seven.

Penthouse was 10 times better than this, even during season 3.

5 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I am so glad I dropped this drama before it ended. 

My rating is 3/10 for the BGM and actors. It had the potential to be so much better, then the plot went completely sideways. I would not rewatch, continue, or recommend that anyone watch this drama. After a year, there's a new entry on my k-drama blacklist- Escape of the Seven.

Penthouse was 10 times better than this, even during season 3.

Do you think Lee Yoo-Bi (Han Mone) could be a good FL in a daily drama? 

• Like 1

I loved the cinematography of this drama, there were some really good actors among the makjang overacting, there were fun and entertaining scenes, the music was good and I'm sure SBS has thrown a lot of money at this. Most of all I immensely enjoyed Lee Joon and Yoon Taeyoung on the screen, I will be rewatching their parts at some point.

Also I will avoid the writer in anything she will do in future or anything she participated in in the past.

At least I got my happy ending

6b55a3c237563c58bfd7ccf2debbee45bf672c2a

Spoiler

6b3f49efc5dbfb8a4007022ba72223eccb5e7a57

838af7299e38e3cf6cea1db70db0f10eade4df54

f5ec9e56c9e09260820c8287bb9849d3d544a51d

f4ec78cb6ae5c07e2608a29706baf314a7477949

I will miss these men and hope to see them in more successful projects in future.

78a0eec166b88b629c2cb1d25ebe14043a565ccf

And I think they were director's favorite couple too :D

0e2a375dbd2193d7e0550b5fd4d2bf2419d70b08

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

9 hours ago, kboramint said:

Do you think Lee Yoo-Bi (Han Mone) could be a good FL in a daily drama? 

Yeah, I think she could play a vengeful or a slowly evil FL too! She's an amazing actress- I think she's even better than being in dailies.

8 hours ago, agnescz said:

I loved the cinematography of this drama, there were some really good actors among the makjang overacting, there were fun and entertaining scenes, the music was good and I'm sure SBS has thrown a lot of money at this. Most of all I immensely enjoyed Lee Joon and Yoon Taeyoung on the screen, I will be rewatching their parts at some point.

The cinematography was fantastic. I may up my score a bit. And thank you, friend, to introducing me to Lee Joon. He's a great actor. 🥰

8 hours ago, agnescz said:

Also I will avoid the writer in anything she will do in future or anything she participated in in the past.

She's actually had great works in the past- Penthouse, despite its flaws, was an amazingly-acted and filmed drama.

Temptation of Wife is the most famous daily drama and the blueprint for most dailies today. (It has Chinese, Filipino, Malaysian and Vietnamese remakes, plus 2 Korean spin-offs with Two Wives and Wife Returns, and a male version- Temptation of an Angel, which I'm watching right now.)

Temptation of an Angel is great so far. Band of Sisters/Unnie is Alive was a really good drama to watch. Jang Bo-Ri is Here! is also pretty good, from what I heard... I just never got around to watching it. Hearts of Destiny is also apparently good, I just can't find it anywhere. They all have high ratings too!

Jang Seo-Hee was the star of Temptation of Wife and Band of Sisters. You'll like her works.

Penthouse had a star-studded cast and felt luxurious with the 3 protagonists, plus the music was amazing. Eugene, Lee Ji-Ah, and Kim So-Yeon starred in it. The morally grey aspects of the characters made it more thrilling.

Jang Bo-Ri is Here had Lee Yu-Ri play a villain and she did an excellent job.

Temptation of an Angel had Bae Soo-Bin, Lee So-Yeon (she's the villain and the FL), Jin Tae-Hyun, and Hong Soo-Young.

I just think she needs to retire. She's a makjang legend, but clearly she's run out of material. Her peak era is over.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

The cinematography was fantastic. I may up my score a bit. And thank you, friend, to introducing me to Lee Joon. He's a great actor. 🥰

I'm always happy to share my faves :D Joon is a great actor as well as he was a variety blue chip and he's back doing shows. If you ever want to know what is he doing or maybe when you will be looking for a suggestion to watch something, you are welcome to visit the archive https://blaq-o.tumblr.com/

You might also find pretty pictures there

Spoiler

2706fe16acd9c419d7cfa9b4c67930a4c9fb6787

1c6e9dacb779119a8c73c02aa94b3981bc24a2b0

I am curious, have you watched anything else with him by now?

1 hour ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

She's actually had great works in the past- Penthouse, despite its flaws, was an amazingly-acted and filmed drama.

I'll take your word for it, but I don't think makjang is a genre for me. I still remember watching my first kdrama, as it was a cultural shock for me and that was pretty mellow Greatest Love (2011). That screaming and over the top emotions of makjang give me a headache and the absence of logic angers me :D

And this writer made me mad a lot.

• Love 1

I wanted to know the ending and I got it, so lame, but wtheck, followers must love a string of romances.  The school teacher and the CEO had a rough beginning. I caught that. But he was supposed to have died and gave her his heart. Missed that.  I don’t remember them hurting DM.
The doctor lost the policeman but gained a son, so she has paid for her part in hurting Dami? Maybe.

The aunt descended from nowhere, a new character? She is ending with KT. 

MN is the most undeserving person at the end. Her lie about her pregnancy and naming Dami had brought death and misery to DM. Allowing that she was young, it was way into the second season before she announced the child from a teenage pregnancy. For DM, I think that’s too little too late. 
After some years in prison for killing her husband, she’s out, being a loving daughter then mum and obviously found her man. 
@kboramint is my summary about right?

Teenage HaNa looks like a 30 year old, older than MN. :relaxed:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maribella said:

Allowing that she was young, it was way into the second season before she announced the child from a teenage pregnancy. For DM, I think that’s too little too late. 
After some years in prison for killing her husband, she’s out, being a loving daughter then mum and obviously found her man. 
@kboramint is my summary about right?

Sonds about right.

If the timeline is right... 

If MN gave birth to Hanna when she was 17, and Mone and Hanna reunited on the abandon rooftop when Hanna was 4 then met again when Hanna started living with the school teacher which was one year later. Hanna should be 15-16 years old in the last episode.      

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maribella said:

The aunt descended from nowhere, a new character? She is ending with KT. 

The aunt Shim Mi-Young isn't a new character, she's the sister of the ex-Chairman Shim Yong. Making her DH's aunt. She's been around since season 1.

3 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

The aunt Shim Mi-Young isn't a new character, she's the sister of the ex-Chairman Shim Yong. Making her DH's aunt. She's been around since season 1.

I didn’t miss any episode in S1. I don’t remember her. 

This is not an interesting show. It’s neither a thriller nor a romance nor scifi. 
LUCA is so tame at the end.

Thank goodness it’s over.

10 minutes ago, maribella said:

I didn’t miss any episode in S1. I don’t remember her. 

Well, she was in season 1. 🤔 Introduced mid or late-season I think. I can't remember the exact one, but Shim Yi-Young joined the cast after the first couple of episodes, after Da-Mi died. And Mi-Young only became a major character in season 2.

She was a minor character in the 1st season and the owner of the art gallery, Ko Myung-Ji was the first character to interact with her since Matthew/K had her break into... some part of said gallery, I don't remember where or what it was. And MJ had to forge/repaint a certain painting.

A very unremarkable show though, yes. I'll probably forget about this in a few months.