[Drama 2022] Today's Webtoon, 오늘의 웹툰

gm4queen

7 minutes ago, L Leung said:

hope everyone is healthy.

Yeah, heard the news earlier. :( Hope everything will be alright and they will be able to wrap up the filming as scheduled. :heart: I think still a lot is left to shoot as they are taking a break from airing the drama! Can't wait to see the next episodes!!

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Sejeong, Nam Yoon Su, And Choi Daniel Get Playful With Each Other Behind The Scenes Of “Today’s Webtoon”

Aug 25, 2022

by S. Kim

Another behind-the-scenes video of “Today’s Webtoon” has been released!

“Today’s Webtoon” is a Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!” and is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

The video begins with Kim Sejeong jokingly telling Choi Daniel, “Seems like you’ve been exercising a lot.” Choi Daniel looks bulked up because he is blowing wind into his shirt using a handheld fan. He jokingly replies, “Don’t mess with me.”

vlcsnap-2022-08-25-16h43m43s621-1536x864

Their Tom-and-Jerry moment continues as Kim Sejeong aims the laser pointer toward his neck area while he is practicing his lines. Choi Daniel jokingly says, “Where are you pointing at?” and laughs.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2022-08-25-16h44m10s316-1536x864

Later, Kim Sejeong and Nam Yoon Su film together in a meeting room. Since they are filming a scene without any audio recording, Nam Yoon Su is ad-libbing, pretending to pitch ideas to Kim Sejeong. The people on set laugh as it’s difficult to tell if Nam Yoon Su’s words are true or not.

The making-of video also shows Kim Sejeong and Nam Yoon Su working together until late at night. This raises the anticipation of the viewers for how the relationship between On Ma Eum and Goo Joon Young (played by Nam Yoon Su) will develop in the drama.

vlcsnap-2022-08-25-16h45m54s068-1536x864

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2022-08-25-16h56m44s968-1536x864

Watch the full video below!

https://youtu.be/mcGWAFKUe5A

“Today’s Webtoon” airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1542231wpp/watch-kim-sejeong-nam-yoon-su-and-choi-daniel-get-playful-with-each-other-behind-the-scenes-of-todays-webtoon

• Love 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sejeong Is Reluctant To Part With Her Mentor Choi Daniel In “Today’s Webtoon”

Aug 26, 2022

by S. Nam

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Today’s Webtoon” shared a new preview of the upcoming episode!

“Today’s Webtoon” is a Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!” and is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Spoilers

Previously, deputy editor Seok Ji Hyung (Choi Daniel) was scouted by Neon Webtoon’s rival platform Youngtoon. If Seok Ji Hyung accepts the offer, not only will the damage to Neon Webtoon’s editorial department be significant, but On Ma Eum will also lose her reliable mentor.

The newly released stills reveal On Ma Eum and Seok Ji Hyung surrounded by a heavy atmosphere. On Ma Eum looks at Seok Ji Hyung with mixed emotions as if she has something she wants to say to him. Viewers are curious to find out if On Ma Eum will be able to hold on to Seok Ji Hyung just as she has successfully kept the webtoon authors she is in charge of from leaving their platform.

Kim-Sejeong-Choi-Daniel-.jpg

The production team shared, “Ma Eum, who came across big and small incidents, will face a critical moment in her career. Her mentor Seok Ji Hyung, who she has relied on and followed, will be at risk of leaving Neon.” They also asked viewers to tune in to to see if On Ma Eum and Seok Ji Hyung will be able to defend Neon Webtoon together until the end.

The next episode of “Today’s Webtoon” airs on August 26 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1542359wpp/kim-sejeong-is-reluctant-to-part-with-her-mentor-choi-daniel-in-todays-webtoon

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High + “Today’s Webtoon” Sees Rise

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon” rose to an average nationwide rating of 2.9 percent for its own ninth episode, despite facing stiff competition from “Big Mouth” (which airs in the same time slot).

“Big Mouth” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High + “Today’s Webtoon” Sees Rise | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just finished watching episode 9 and I so enjoyed it. I've been skipping a lot in past episodes but episode 9 was so good that I watched it full. Glad to have a ratings rise as well. :) Finally, Shin Dae Ryuk made it. I love how they showed off his progress! Tonight's episode is gonna be so emotional. I really can't wait!

And by the way, the preview for episode 10 tonight... Did Jun Yeong lost his sister because Seok Ji Hyung?? :o Then no one at Neon is aware that Jun Yeong is the brother of their lost colleague?? So looking forward to find the answers!

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Choi Daniel Tells Nam Bora About His Decision Concerning The Job Offer From Her Company In “Today’s Webtoon”

Aug 27, 2022

by L. Kim

Ex-lovers Choi Daniel and Nam Bora will meet up again in the next episode of SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon”!

“Today’s Webtoon” is a Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!” and is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Spoilers

Previously, deputy editor Seok Ji Hyung (Choi Daniel) was recruited by Neon Webtoon’s rival platform Youngtoon. They offered him twice his salary and even gave him stock options. Seok Ji Hyung was in a dilemma because of his unfinished work and long-time co-workers. He especially couldn’t help but be concerned about the rookies On Ma Eum and Goo Joon Young (Nam Yoon Su).

However, Jang Hye Mi, his ex-girlfriend and vice editor-in-chief of Youngtoon, tried to convince him. In the middle of her persuasion, she mentioned, “You should step away from the shadows of editor Jang Man Chul (Park Ho San).” The scene moved onto a flashback of a funeral that both Seok Ji Hyung and Jang Man Chul attended, piquing curiosity about what happened that day.

The newly released stills depict Seok Ji Hyung meeting with Jang Hye Mi to tell her his final decision. The production team commented, “Seok Ji Hyung, who was recruited with excellent conditions, will finally make a choice. In the process, he’ll be simultaneously swayed by On Ma Eum, who wants to protect her best mentor, and former lover Jang Hye Mi, who wants him to step out of [Jang Man Chul’s] shadow.” They also added that the shocking past narrative of “the memory” that Seok Ji Hyung couldn’t escape will be revealed.

Todays-Webtoon-1.jpg

To find out if Seok Ji Hyung will stick with Neon or join Youngtoon, check out episode 10 that airs on August 27 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1542527wpp/choi-daniel-tells-nam-bora-about-his-decision-concerning-the-job-offer-from-her-company-in-todays-webtoon

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for episode 10! :).

SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon” fell to an average nationwide rating of 1.5 percent for its latest episode, while TV Chosun’s “Becoming Witch” dipped to an all-time low of 1.1 percent.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Heads Into Finale Of Part 1 On Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What's up with ratings?? :sweatingbullets: I feel bad that Choi Daniel's comeback drama is receiving very low ratings. But still, I feel so happy that I get to see him every week on my monitor screen. He's so handsome! Love you more and more... I need more scenes of the handsome man in the series!!! :heart:

FbOEt5SUcAEbXTS?format=jpg&name=large

Actually, I am satisfied with Ji Hyung's decision that he will stay with Neon. It would turn out as he's selfish if he ever was to left Neon amidst all the conflicts and join hands with YongToon. He is so soft and warm that he wanted to help the people around him until the end. I love his character! :)

And about Jun Yong's sister... So Ji Hying and Hye Mi were already dating while working at Gingertoon yet Jun Yong's sister had feelings for Ji Hyung.?? Then it was revealed that his sister died because of Jang Mal Chul?? I am confused! Did I miss something out there? :sweatingbullets: What is it has to do with Ji Hyung anyway? Eagerly waiting for next week to find answers!

• Love 1

Do viewers automatically equate low ratings with low drama quality?

Articles on the series' low ratings would capture negative comments underneath it, but reviews on Twitter are generally positive. 

I initially thought this was a drama of how overtly positive Maeum would solve all her problems, but this drama exceeded my expectations. It is much more than that, pretty realistic or even brutal about the hardships of underrated working people and artists, how to deal with disappointments, how we get through challenges with kind people around us.

This Twitter post had me thinking about SJH's decision to join Youngtoon or not. It was a great offer in terms of salary and promotion in hierarchy. He was truly conflicted with the decision, and did consider accepting the offer, especially when the team is respectful about his choice, and he sees the team getting on track and may run well without him.

Hye Mi was right about being practical and moving on from Gingertoon, as the aim is not just to survive but to prosper professionally. Maybe Hye Mi's hint that Neon webtoon team may be shut down next year cemented his decision to stay. Hye Mi insinuated that she was seen as an outcast for joining Youngtoon. Jihyung has been headhunted many times before, so there will be other opportunities. But maybe he really wanted to finish and win this race with the team, as he couldn't with Gingertoon.

Adorable team, as if they are holding a banner saying "we love you, please stay" to Jihyung

The writers wasted Junyeong's character in these few episodes. After keeping webtoon service on Neon main page, he could be helping to optimize the team's operations or profitability to gain competitive advantage over Youngtoon, instead, they have him either going heart eyes over Maeum or ball his fists around the chief editors.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, L Leung said:

The writers wasted Junyeong's character in these few episodes. After keeping webtoon service on Neon main page, he could be helping to optimize the team's operations or profitability to gain competitive advantage over Youngtoon, instead, they have him either going heart eyes over Maeum or ball his fists around the chief editors.

I agree with you about Jun Yeong that he's been more like a side character in latest episodes. Now that he learnt that Jang Mal Chul is the person who's responsible for his sister's passing, he might betray Neon Webtoon team and join hands with Mr. Heo to take over the platform. He sounded a bit aggressive from the very beginning! :sweatingbullets: Excited for the next episode!

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 12:12 AM, gm4queen said:

I agree with you about Jun Yeong that he's been more like a side character in latest episodes. Now that he learnt that Jang Mal Chul is the person who's responsible for his sister's passing, he might betray Neon Webtoon team and join hands with Mr. Heo to take over the platform. He sounded a bit aggressive from the very beginning! :sweatingbullets: Excited for the next episode!

Yeah, it was speculated on Twitter if he will do something dumb to the team instead of / before finding out the truth about his sister's death first. Pretty odd considering his character is set to be an elite graduate. 

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 11! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Ratings As “Today’s Webtoon” Climbs Back Up

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon“—which airs in the same time slot as “Big Mouth”—rose to an average nationwide rating of 2.3 percent for its latest episode.

“Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Ratings As “Today’s Webtoon” Climbs Back Up | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why is there are less activities on board?? No one is watching this drama anymore? :(

I've finished watching episode 11 and the things are getting more complicated for Neon webtoon team. Felt really sad for Goo Ae Ri. Guess she finally rested in peace. Jun Yeong is still a stiff guy. On Ma Eum sounds like a motherly friend to him. Love their bond! :)

Glad to hear that the ratings boosted this week. Hopefully all will be fine until they wrap up filming the drama! :heart:

• Like 1