[Drama 2022] Today's Webtoon, 오늘의 웹툰

gm4queen

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

YOU are PLAYING the Female Lead (FL) in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn.

You're about to PRETEND to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man (Male Lead) you've been eyeing. What will  you use to slap her with?

Kimchi? Seaweed? Spaghetti?

tumblr_inline_pt2xv7WGQT1qcgu07_250.gifv

Please vote!

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 2

Today’s Webtoon: Episodes 3-4

by solstices

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/toweb34_0.jpg

The life of a webtoon producer isn’t an easy one, but through its rollercoaster ups and downs, our protagonists inspire growth in both themselves and others. They may stumble, but it won’t faze them; they’ll get back up and keep running ahead.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

Joon-young’s revelation about the webtoon team’s future (or lack thereof) weighs heavily on Ma-eum, but she doesn’t let it get her down. Instead, she resolves to work even harder, treating this job as a valuable opportunity.

Thankfully her day gets better from there — the webtoon artist she’s assigned to is none other than Kang-nam! Ma-eum is over the moon, and Ji-hyung has to remind her to keep a cool head, haha.

The entire office is endeared by Ma-eum’s excited enthusiasm, except for Joon-young. To his chagrin, he’s been assigned to the last person he wants to work with — the stuck-up writer Pomme (real name Kim Ji-seon).

Fed up, Joon-young requests for Man-cheol to transfer him to another department. Man-cheol agrees to look into it, but he leaves Joon-young with a word of wisdom from a famous manga — “There’s no paradise for you to escape to.” In other words, if Joon-young keeps running away, none of his destinations will ever be a paradise.

Before his transfer gets approved, Joon-young still has to carry out his duties, so he ends up at Pomme’s house yet again. After roping him into carrying her mountain of delivery packages inside for her, she admits that she specifically requested to have him be assigned to her.

Joon-young assumes she just wants to boss him around some more, but in an unexpected moment of honesty, Pomme confesses that she’s lonely. People jump at every chance to spew hate at her, so she has no choice but to close herself off and stay cooped up in her house. All she wants is someone to talk to. (Well, maybe you’d have more friends if you were more considerate.)

Several days pass, and Man-cheol invites Joon-young out for drinks after work. Having heard from HR that he could turn down Joon-young’s transfer request, he intends to do just that — he wants Joon-young to learn and grow in his team.

Frustrated, Joon-young confronts Man-cheol about the webtoon team’s impending dissolution, but Man-cheol chuckles at his naivete. That’s exactly why the higher-ups assigned an elite employee like Joon-young to the webtoon team — so he could learn the tricks of the trade. If Neon forms a new webtoon team after the current one is fired, Joon-young’s poised to lead it.

Meanwhile, Ma-eum’s facing troubles with her assigned writer. Kang-nam still hasn’t submitted his draft despite only a few hours remaining till the deadline, leaving Ma-eum with no choice but to pay him a visit at his studio.

It turns out Kang-nam’s girlfriend JI HAN-SEUL (Jin Ye-sol) is upset at him for not answering her calls while he was busy working on his webtoon, so she packed her things and walked out on him in yet another temper tantrum. Kang-nam’s preoccupied with finding her, so in a last-ditch effort to get him to focus on finishing his draft instead, Ma-eum ends up promising to find her in his stead.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/08/todays-webtoon-episodes-3-4/

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Can I admire how handsome Choi Daniel looked in episode 4??

I like this drama as expected. I like Choi Daniel and Park Ho San`s characters as mentors. I cant help wanting for Daniel a drama where we`ll see him more. But I totally like this drama. :)

From the Webton team I can`t say if I like Kwon Young-Bae but I hope this character will grow on me. I did not see much of him to form an opinion but so far the vibe is not favorable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, larus said:

I like this drama as expected. I like Choi Daniel and Park Ho San`s characters as mentors. I cant help wanting for Daniel a drama where we`ll see him more. But I totally like this drama. :)

Yes, I agree with you! I sometimes wonder if Daniel is not having much screen time even if he's one of the leads. :sweatingbullets: But still I love watching this drama! And love his and Park Ho San's bromance!!! They are too funny together. Can't wait for their future interactions! 

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Today’s Webtoon” Previews The Sweet Changes Between Co-Workers Kim Sejeong And Nam Yoon Su

Aug 12, 2022

by L. Kim

Kim Sejeong and Nam Yoon Su will have an endearing time in the office in “Today’s Webtoon”!

A Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!”, “Today’s Webtoon” is a SBS drama set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Spoilers

One of the key factors that viewers are keen to see more of is the budding friendship between the rookie employees On Ma Eum and Goo Joon Young (Nam Yoon Su). In the early days, Goo Joon Young disliked the editorial department and wished to be transferred as soon as possible. He couldn’t understand On Ma Eum and her burning passion and never-ending optimism.

However, Goo Joon Young saw how much On Ma Eum was struggling to keep the webtoon department alive, and her enthusiasm became contagious. Previously, both of them contributed greatly to the team with On Ma Eum convincing Na Kang Nam (Im Chul Soo) to review his webtoon and Goo Joon Young successfully recruiting Pomme (Ha Yul Ri) to participate in the webtoon camp as a mentor.

The newly released stills of the upcoming episode show the pleasant changes between On Ma Eum and Goo Joon Young. The two are left alone in the office, and they happily take photos for each other. He can’t help but smile as he captures her lovely side, and she holds a tablet with the words “I’m happy” flashing across the scene. In one photo, the two point at each other and burst into heart laughter. Things between them are more harmonious than ever, and it will be interesting to see what kind of exciting turns their relationship will take.

Nam-Yoon-Su-Kim-Sejeong.jpeg

Spoiler

Nam-Yoon-Su.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Sejeong.jpeg

Kim-Sejeong-Nam-Yoon-Su.jpeg

The drama’s producers teased, “In four episodes, the relationship between On Ma Eum and Goo Joon Young changed noticeably. It became natural for them to spend time together and help each other. Please look forward to their co-worker chemistry that improves every time.”

The next episode of “Today’s Webtoon” airs on August 12 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1540332wpp/todays-webtoon-previews-the-sweet-changes-between-co-workers-kim-sejeong-and-nam-yoon-su

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Sejeong And Nam Yoon Su Get Jokingly Competitive While Filming “Today’s Webtoon”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 12, 2022
by S. Cho

“Today’s Webtoon” has shared a look at Kim Sejeong and Nam Yoon Su’s competitive sides!

A Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!”, “Today’s Webtoon” is a SBS drama set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

The clip starts off with Kim Sejeong and Kim Do Hoon showing each other their costume makeup for their on-screen injuries. They continue to film the scene where Kim Sejeong’s character interrupts Kim Do Hoon and the two actors giggle over Kim Do Hoon’s drawing of his co-star.

Later, Kim Sejeong, Nam Yoon Su, and Choi Daniel get together for their webtoon camp. In between takes, Choi Daniel pokes fun at his junior actors, even pushing the mic towards Nam Yoon Su and asking him to sing. As Nam Yoon Su prepares himself, Choi Daniel gets pulled away, leaving Nam Yoon Su in shock and Kim Sejeong in a fit of laughter.

On the final day of camp, Kim Sejeong and Nam Yoon Su are outside for their race scene where the loser has to buy coffee. After the two film numerous running scenes, Kim Sejeong takes a seat and comments, “I can’t run now like I used to…It’s so tiring. Please save me.” Referring to her age, Kim Sejeong adds, “This isn’t something for me to say, but I now know what it means that each year feels different.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1540398wpp/watch-kim-sejeong-and-nam-yoon-su-get-jokingly-competitive-while-filming-todays-webtoon

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I must say that I am enjoying this drama a lot. Episode 5 kept me hooked! I like how they interpret the webtoon world. I am so learning much things as a viewer. :)

So Jun Yeong is still siding up with the wrong crowd. And how come Mr. Kwon is more aggressive than Seok Ji Hyung towards On Ma Eum.?? I can't stand him. He is seriously my least favorite character in the play even than Mr. Heo! -_-

And I love this duo. Such a handsome mentor and pretty mentee. Replaying this scene over and over again! :heart:

FaAaWsuVsAUANUG?format=jpg&name=large

Can't wait for tonight's episode. Things are gonna be more complicated! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :).

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon” rose to an average nationwide rating of 3.4 percent for its own fifth episode, marking a modest increase from its previous episode last Saturday.

“Big Mouth” Ratings Approach Double Digits As They Soar To New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2:20...I guess this girl used to be a real person, but now she is just a ghost..or is it all his imagination...:unsure:

I love the scenes between JY and Bbom... She already has some feelings for him 

Even I thought for a moment that he said..''I love you''    :D 

• Like 4

The pace of this drama keeps getting better since episode 4, wish the ratings could be the same. 

Finally a bit more mentorship moment between Seok Ji Hyung and On Ma Eum. It's also great that they have finally revealed the past of the Webtoon team and Ma Eum. Still some unresolved matters such as the mysterious woman in Goo Jun Yeong's house, the lady that called Seok Ji Hyung. 

Hopefully next episode it goes back to the rookie webtoon artist line again!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just watched episode 6 and I felt bad for Mr. Kwon hearing his past story. Yet he is one of my least favorite characters in the play. May be he lacks humanity towards rookie artists?? :sweatingbullets:

And it's not yet clear if Seok Ji Hyung is suspicious or jealous over On Ma Eum and Goo Jun Yong! The preview for the next episode is misleading me. :w00t: I see that many viewers love On Ma Eum to end up with Seok Ji Hyung... Excuse me, what's up with mentor - mentee relationship?? :D The plot is getting more intense which I love the most. Can't wait for the upcoming episodes! Now that the series is set to have 16 episodes, I am more excited to know what's up in the store next!!! :heart:

• Like 2

PD Kwon seems to be the savior of their department.  :rolleyes:

I dont like how it was explained because then JH and the other Deputy Editor seem kind of incompetent.

I wonder if JY would have pressed the ''send'' button if JH hadnt approached him.  :unsure:

1:07 - 1:17...Poor JY...  it was the wrong answer...   :lol:

• Like 4