[Drama 2022] Today's Webtoon, 오늘의 웹툰

gm4queen

3 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Chingu, so nice to see you here.

Yup, I had to leave a comment here, chingu. #supportingchingu'soppa:heartxoxo:

I am just watching episode 1. Is the FL really into martial arts? She is daebak in the action scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Yup, I had to leave a comment here, chingu. #supportingchingu'soppa

I am just watching episode 1. Is the FL really into martial arts? She is daebak in the action scenes. 

OMO!!! Thank you so much for supporting Daniel in his comeback drama, chingu!!! :heart:

By the way, I've only watched Kim Se Jeong in one drama. I don't know about her much. seems like she must be training so hard! I am also impressed by her actions! :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I really liked the first two episodes, I have a few favourites in this one :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sejeong’s Father Go Chang Suk Doesn’t Hesitate To Attack Her Co-Worker Nam Yoon Su In “Today’s Webtoon”

Nam Yoon Su will find himself in an unexpected situation in the next episode of “Today’s Webtoon”!

A Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!”, “Today’s Webtoon” is a new SBS drama set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong will star as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Spoilers

The first episode showed the strikingly different personalities of On Ma Eum and Goo Joon Young (Nam Yoon Su). Unlike former judo player On Ma Eum, who started her morning with a fiery workout, Goo Joon Young headed to work with fragrant morning coffee while reading news on his cell phone. In particular, Goo Joon Young’s pride was wounded that he ended up in the same department as On Ma Eum.

On top of that, the two rookies met different superiors. On Ma Eum was lucky to have Seok Ji Hyung (Choi Daniel) as her mentor, but Goo Joon Young was stuck with Kwon Young Bae (Yang Hyun Min), who ordered him to check out all the webtoons uploaded on Neon’s website because he didn’t know anything about webtoons.

The newly released stills show Goo Joon Young in another predicament. Goo Joon Young is sitting awkwardly at On Ma Eum’s house with a puzzled expression on his face. Sensing something strange, he looks back to see On Ma Eum’s father On Ki Bong (Go Chang Suk) glaring at him with suspicious eyes. On Ki Bong eventually grabs Goo Joon Young by the collar, and Goo Joon Young’s eyes grow wide with shock.

Go-Chang-Suk-Nam-Yoon-Su-800x622.jpg

The production team shared that Goo Joon Young, who has been on the elite track his whole life, is wounded that he ended up in the same department as On Ma Eum, who gave a strange answer during the interview. On top of that, their co-workers treated On Ma Eum with more respect than him, causing him to have inferiority complex.

They remarked, “Please look forward to the exciting incident of why Goo Joon Young encounters her father On Ki Bong at her house. This will lead to an inflection point between the two characters.”

Episode 2 of “Today’s Webtoon” will air on July 30 at 10 p.m. KST.

Kim Sejeong’s Father Go Chang Suk Doesn’t Hesitate To Attack Her Co-Worker Nam Yoon Su In “Today’s Webtoon” | Soompi

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

SBS’s new drama “Today’s Webtoon,” which airs in the same time slot as “Big Mouth,” also dipped to an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent for its own second episode.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Time Slot For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 2

11 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Yup, I had to leave a comment here, chingu. #supportingchingu'soppa:heartxoxo:

She was training hard for this drama (there was a clip posted on instagram: kingsjudoclub1). Her action scenes have been daebak, it's not only the judo actions, when she was doing the jogging scenes, I don't know if people realise the weights that she put on the ankles. (I would recommend one of her previous action dramas, based on a Webtoon, The Uncanny Counter, if you're interested). 

I don't think there's a proper romance line between the leads, but I like the subtle butterfly scenes we are getting so far (FL with both the MLs respectively). SeJeong and Daniel are like the coin couple (since we are getting a coin scene between them each episode, looks like there's another in episode 3 :ilike:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Just finished watching episode 2 and this drama is too cute! :lol:

I was so longing to see Daniel in a new drama and he looks so handsome and much younger here! Glad to have him back in K-dramaland! :heart: Enjoying his scenes with Kim Se Jeong! They are too cute together! Coin couple?? They are mentor and mentee, aren't they??? :joy:

FY_H8vMUEAINq7D?format=jpg&name=large

And I love Mr. Baek. He is old but so kind and so friendly towards everyone! Hopefully he will be successful! :lol:

Then I am curious over Nam Yoon Su's character. He is giving me a strange vibe!!!! Let's see what he is up to... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I liked the first episode.

ME is very enthusiastic and her first working day was exciting. JH is a good mentor.

I think he is interested in her even though its not romantic yet.

I felt sorry for JY, his mentor pushed him aside.

JY was bored reading the webtoons. This made me laugh.

The webtoon universe scene on the beginning of the episode was kinda sexy.  

Artist Baek drew that webtoon so calmly and focused.

That whole scene in his study was soothing. 

FYKhx-kUcAE0TwV?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I guess there will be some romance, but I hope there wont be a love triangle.

JH already has some feelings for ME. He notices every little thing about her.

Like when she smelled the business cards.

I assume the main couple is JH and ME.  :unsure:

I love the funny moments..

- the an accidental hug on the stairs..

- Drunk Jun Yeong as Daddy Oppa..   he really looked completely lost in ME's house...

My fav scene is the sunset scene..

FY67ep0agAAUKq0?format=jpg&name=360x360

and the lightbulb scene. its an ordinary scene but, for some reason, JY looked attractive..:D

FY7e3BLaQAEGNre?format=jpg&name=360x360

FY7e3BWakAAV2mX?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Kim Sejeong, Choi Daniel, and Nam Yoon Su Boast Perfect Chemistry In “Today’s Webtoon” Behind-The-Scenes Photos

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 3, 2022
by S. Kim

More behind-the-scenes stills of “Today’s Webtoon” have been released!

“Today’s Webtoon” is a Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!” and is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Kim Sejeong and Choi Daniel (playing Seok Ji Hyung), whose characters boast a great senior-junior relationship that is more exciting than most romantic relationships, radiate sweet chemistry even when they are not filming. In the photo, Kim Sejeong is smiling at the camera with both her hands making V (victory) signs, while Choi Daniel is standing behind her, playing with the cup noodles that are set out as props.

todays-webtoon_1.jpeg

Kim Sejeong and Nam Yoon Su (playing Goo Joon Young), who play colleagues that started working at the editorial department at the same time, burst into laughter just by looking at each other’s faces. Kim Sejeong remarked, “Nam Yoon Su feels like a very bright and cute little brother to me. I find myself smiling when I’m with him.” Their chemistry is expected to shine even more in the upcoming episodes. It raises the anticipation of viewers for what kind of influence those two employees, who are leveling up in their careers day by day, will bring to the editorial department.

Spoiler

todays-webtoon_2.jpeg

The friendly atmosphere of other cast members such as Park Ho San (playing Jang Man Cheol), Yang Hyun Min (playing Kwon Young Bae), Kang Rae Yeon (playing Ki Yoo Mi), and Ahn Tae Hwan (playing Choi Doo Hee), who create great synergy together, also attracts the attention of the viewers.

Spoiler

todays-webtoon_5.jpeg

todays-webtoon_4.jpeg

todays-webtoon_3.jpeg

The production team remarked, “When the seven members of ‘Neonz’ gather in the editorial department office, it gets very lively, and laughter never leaves the filming site. They create an atmosphere that makes you want to work with them. This pleasant energy was also recorded on screen when filming, and I think the viewers could catch on to that.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1539143wpp/kim-sejeong-choi-daniel-and-nam-yoon-su-boast-perfect-chemistry-in-todays-webtoon-behind-the-scenes-photos

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just dropping by to say that I'm liking this a lot. :fullofhearts: The actors are great, and all the stuff about the workplace feels relatable. I can relate to the struggle of the leads, the way ME wants to change careers but can't fully let go of her former job, or the way JY is frustrated since he puts so much effort and he sees no results, no recognition, even he's suffering abuse from the writers, or the pressure the team leader has to succeed or they will close the department...

From the first episodes, I loved the train scene the most. It was so beautifully filmed and ME and JY had such a candid and deep exchange of thoughts. I wonder if there will be any romance and with whom, since she has good chemistry with her colleague and also her boss. I don't think I want this to turn into a romance drama, but it would be nice to get a bit here and there, hinting that something might happen later, hehe!

For now, I'll be cheering for the two newbies, I really want them to succeed. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Watch: Kim Sejeong Showcases Her Action Skills While Filming Tough Scenes In “Today’s Webtoon”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 4, 2022
by S. Kim

“Today’s Webtoon” revealed another behind-the-scenes video!

“Today’s Webtoon” is a Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!” and is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

The making-of video begins with Kim Sejeong, who is dressed as the main character San Ha from On Ma Eum’s favorite webtoon named “Nine-Tailed Fox Princess,” fighting with Nam Yoon Su who is acting as the role of the villain. Nam Yoon Su seems surprised by Kim Sejeong’s quick moves and fighting skills. When Kim Sejeong thinks that she pushed Nam Yoon Su too hard while filming an action scene, she quickly turns back to her usual sweet self and worries about him. The two actors continue to film the action scene for a while.

vlcsnap-2022-08-04-14h50m09s949.jpg

The next clip shows Kim Sejeong filming the scenes at Neon Webtoon’s Writers’ Night event as a part-time security guard. Choi Daniel expresses his concern for Kim Sejeong who has been filming while standing up for a long time. Kim Sejeong jokingly says to Choi Daniel that he is only worrying because of the camera that is filming the making-of videos.

vlcsnap-2022-08-04-14h52m30s215.jpg

In the next clip, Kim Sejeong tries to load Park Ho San on her shoulder to throw him forward. Since On Ma Eum is a former judo athlete, Kim Sejeong continues to film scenes that require physical strength and judo skills, but this doesn’t seem to bother her very much as she enjoys filming with the cast members.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2022-08-04-14h54m16s618.jpg

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/article/1539266wpp/watch-kim-sejeong-showcases-her-action-skills-while-filming-tough-scenes-in-todays-webtoon

• Like 1
  • Love 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Min Kyu Shows Love For Former “A Business Proposal” Co-Star Kim Sejeong On Set Of “Today’s Webtoon”

Kim Sejeong and Kim Min Kyu warmed the hearts of “A Business Proposal” fans with their sweet friendship!

On August 4, Kim Sejeong took to Instagram to thank Kim Min Kyu for sending a thoughtful gift to the set of her current drama “Today’s Webtoon.” She posted several adorable photos of herself posing with the truck and its cute stickers. The banner on the truck uses Kim Sejeong’s character name On Ma Eum (which also means “with all my heart”) as a pun and it reads, “I support the cast and crew of ‘Today’s Webtoon’ with all my heart.” The stickers read, “Way to go, ‘Today’s Webtoon’!”

Kim Sejeong showed her affection for Kim Min Kyu by writing, “Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Thank you, oppa. Because of you, I’m filming with strength. I feel so proud.”

김세정 on Instagram: “@mingue.k 모냐구 모냐구 ㅠㅅㅠ 고마워요 오빠 덕분에 힘내서 찍습니다 어깨가 으쓱으쓱”

Kim Sejeong and Kim Min Kyu starred together in “A Business Proposal” that concluded earlier this year.

Currently, Kim Sejeong is filming “Today’s Webtoon,” the Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!” It is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Kim Min Kyu Shows Love For Former “A Business Proposal” Co-Star Kim Sejeong On Set Of “Today’s Webtoon” | Soompi

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Ratings Hit All-Time High As “Today’s Webtoon” Climbs Back Up

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon” climbed back up to an average nationwide rating of 3.6 percent for its own third episode. The new drama also earned an average rating of 1.4 percent among viewers ages 20 to 49.

“Big Mouth” Ratings Hit All-Time High As “Today’s Webtoon” Climbs Back Up | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Rating is always a bonus I think. I must admit that there was a long period of time that I didn't watch kdrama simply because the style/tempo are potentially not what I'm used to and even nowadays it's only very selective kdramas I tend to watch despite the great acting skills of many actors and actresses.

I enjoyed the drama as well, I can understand the rating in Korea but just feel pity to it. I like the scene where On Ma Eum got scolded by Seok Ji Hyung in episode 3, very workplace relatable where a lot of newbies feel like the less they do the less mistakes they will make. Wish more people will enjoy this kind of slice of life drama. Although I have to also be honest that there are parts that production team needs to improve on, the rhythm(flow) and carefulness of the editing need a bit more attention. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Chingus, I popped by to tell you that I enjoyed ep 1 a lot.

On Ma Eum is awesome! :coolshades:

I haven't seen Kim Se Jeong before in dramas, but I am really impressed by her natural acting ability. Super glad they chose an athletic lead who actually looks like she's a judo champion! Even when we see her running, you can tell that she's super athletic and in great shape. I don't normally comment on a person's body, but her figure is daebak! Very sporty! :loveu:

I would love to see her take on a police drama next. I always get frustrated by some of the drama female detectives who can't even run properly. :unamused:

I also enjoyed seeing Master Lee from Alchemy of Souls - where he's playing the grand master mage who drinks Chaste Tea to keep his urges away and focus on his mage abilities - thus looking like he's in his 40s despite being like 150 years old. Now he seems to be a total womanizer in this drama.
:loolz:

Also great to see Choi Daniel back on screen! :heartxoxo:

Unfortunately I have too many dramas on my plate currently, and I will not be able to continue this drama for now. I hope to get back to it later and binge watch it when my drama schedule clears up. :glasses:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I've finished watching episode 3 and I love this! Gosh, I am so stunned by Kim Se Jeong's action scenes. :scream: She was great handling those guys on the street. And I see all over the net that Seok Ji Hyung might fall for the cutie On Ma Eum. At this rate, I guess I won't even complain. They look so good together! :lol:

And I am so glad to see more chingus dropping by here. Hope we all can enjoy this slice-of-life drama together! :getmygrooveon:

• Like 4