Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Song Il Gook Donates Proceeds from Triplets Calendar to Nepal Relief Effort and Sick Children

Song Il Gook Donates Proceeds from Triplets Calendar to Nepal Relief Effort and Sick Children

Actor Song Il Gook has donated 100 million won (approx. US$92,000) to child victims of the recent earthquake in Nepal as well as sick children in Korea.

The money is the proceeds that were made from the sale of a 2015 calendar created with photos he took of his triplets, Dae HanMin Gook, and Man Se.

The calendar has been on sale since the end of last year, and it has sold many copies, with over 100,000 calendars pre-ordered within a single day.

triplets calendar

Song Il Gook had originally made the calendar simply to send to his family and friends as a new years present, but after viewers saw him taking photos for the calendar on “Superman Returns,” there were many requests for it to be put on sale. Song Il Gook agreed to sell the calendar for fans of the show but promised that he would donate all the proceeds to charity. He has now done so through the organization Green Umbrella Childfund.

Song Il Gook says, “After raising my own kids, my heart goes out to sick children.”

He adds, “I decided to make a donation to the sick children who are currently suffering after the earthquake in Nepal, and to children in Korea who are battling diseases and therefore cannot go out and play on Children’s Day.”

Meanwhile, the broadcast network KBS and the Green Umbrella Childfund joined together to directly give a donation of 2 million won (US$184,000) to the Nepal embassy in Korea for use in relief and recovery efforts.

• Like 1

Actor Song Il Gook has donated 100 million won (approx. US$92,000) to child victims of the recent earthquake in Nepal as well as sick children in Korea.

The money is the proceeds that were made from the sale of a 2015 calendar created with photos he took of his triplets, Dae HanMin Gook, and Man Se.

The calendar has been on sale since the end of last year, and it has sold many copies, with over 100,000 calendars pre-ordered within a single day.

IMAGE.jpg

Song Il Gook had originally made the calendar simply to send to his family and friends as a new years present, but after viewers saw him taking photos for the calendar on “Superman Returns,” there were many requests for it to be put on sale. Song Il Gook agreed to sell the calendar for fans of the show but promised that he would donate all the proceeds to charity. He has now done so through the organization Green Umbrella Childfund.

Song Il Gook says, “After raising my own kids, my heart goes out to sick children.”

He adds, “I decided to make a donation to the sick children who are currently suffering after the earthquake in Nepal, and to children in Korea who are battling diseases and therefore cannot go out and play on Children’s Day.”

Meanwhile, the broadcast network KBS and the Green Umbrella Childfund joined together to directly give a donation of 2 million won (US$184,000) to the Nepal embassy in Korea for use in relief and recovery efforts.

He always a kind hearted man that's why I love him so much then and now! Hope the triplets will do the same when they grow up!

Edited by Lyrayoo
QUOTING OF IMAGES
  • Like 1

WATCHING YOU

SONG IL KOOK ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne, you are awesome. I don’t know how you do it, but you always manage so well to match the pictures in your slideshows with the background song & lyrics.

Your video “Song Il-Kook - Watching You”, for instance, is so much fun, exactly for this reason. I watched it for several times already. Thank you.

Here are my favorite parts of the lyrics of the song:

Manse.JPG

Minguk.JPG

Song.JPG

Daehan.JPG

Edited by celiapkorean
  • Like 1

My favorite moments from TROS - episode 76: Minguk laughing with all his heart. He was so cheerful and his laughing was so contagious that I couldn’t help making this clip. These moments are too precious. I bet SIK felt the same while watching the footage.

Edited by celiapkorean
  • Like 1

“Superman Returns” to Donate Proceeds from Jeju Island Photobook

Source: soompi newshttp://www.soompi.com/2015/05/07/superman-returns-to-donate-proceeds-from-jeju-island-photobook/

“Superman Returns” to Donate Proceeds from Jeju Island Photobook

Superman Returns” has revealed plans to donate all of the profits from their upcoming photobook.

The producers from the KBS2 hit variety show announced that they plan to make a photobook from photos taken during the two night three day Jeju Island trip the four families participated in.

Pictures will include Song Il Gook and his triplets, Chu Sung Hoon and his daughter Chu Sarang, Lee Hwi Jae and his twins, and Uhm Tae Woong and his daughter Uhm Ji On. The photobook is intended to be published in mid-June. 

Meanwhile, the Jeju Island trip is the first trip all four families have taken together since Uhm Tae Woong and Uhm Ji On joined the show.

• Like 1

My favorite moments from TROS - episode 76: Minguk laughing with all his heart. He was so cheerful and his laughing was so contagious that I couldn’t help making this clip. These moments are too precious. I bet SIK felt the same while watching the footage.

IMAGE.jpg

​Agree with you @celiapkorean, Mingukie laugh really contagious, I also couldn't help to laugh with him. But I also feel pity for Daehanie, because he seems like being left alone on the back of the boat. On the other side, Mingukie laugh makes Manse forget about his fear, and also smile because of the laugh... 

Is it just me or is anybody here agree that Song Il Gook appa getting handsome even though he is also getting older? About Appa clothes, I think he got a couples of stripes t shirt and it's have different pattern, so I think he is changing his clothes. I noticed that SIG Appa usually just wearing dark colour.

• Like 1

Donatii.JPG

Song Il-Kook Donates W300 Million (~274,000 USD) to Help Nepalese, Korean Kids

Song Il-gook

Actor Song Il-Kook made a number of generous donations on Tuesday to mark Children's Day, contributing W100 million to help children in earthquake-stricken Nepal, another W100 million to help sick children here and a further W100 million to build a hospital to treat them(US$1=W1,081).

The donated money was raised by selling calendars featuring Song's triplet sons, whose appearances on a reality TV show have gained them a large following.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/05/06/2015050601263.html

Edited by KonaBeans
QUOTING OF IMAGES - PLEASE READ SOOMPI FORUM RULES
  • Like 1

HE BELIEVED 
THIS VIDEO IS TO THANK SONG IL KOOK FOR HIS PASSION FOR HIS CRAFT DUE TO HIS REMARKABLE WAY OF MOVING PEOPLE ON AND OFF STAGE I HAVE FOUND MY PASSION AND TALENT .HE BELIEVE IN ME WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. YVONNE ALLEN

SONG IL KOOK ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1