Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

On 7/16/2016 at 6:13 PM, starfire182921 said:

Song Il Gook says there is no chance the triplets will appear on TV again

Xports News - Naver: Song Il Gook "No chance of the triplets appearing on TV ever again" 

1. [+8,714, -96] I wanna keep seeing them but they're growing up and being TV would stress them out. You're making a good decision for their future

2. [+7,218, -191] (In triplets voices)"Ahjusshi, what are you doing?? Ahjusshi what are you doing????" I miss the triplets ♡

3. [+6,001, -313] You can tell how much they've grown in their Instagram photos... We won't see them as often now as when they were on 'Superman' so please put up more photos, they're the nation's triplets

4. [+3,747, -121] The triplets were cute, it's shame we won't see them on tv anymore

5. [+676, -20] I personally wanna see them more but this is the right thing to do as a parent

6. [+492, -7] Their appearance on 'Superman' was good for me. Many child stars who grow up in the spotlight go through so much stress

7. [+465, -20] I miss the triplets. Always be healthy and happy~ Triplet's dad, I hope your musical hits daebak

Nate
1. [+527, -40] My endorphins Daehan, Minguk and Manse. I'm supporting your from afar. Always be happy ^____^

2. [+515, -47] Then please upload lots of photos, triplet's abojiㅜㅜㅜ

3. [+425, -40] I miss them on tv but I'll have to bear with it for the sake of the kids ㅠㅠ Upload lots of photos when you have time. I won't forget the lovely triplets. You're awesome Song Il Gook-ssi. See you in your dramas

source:http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/07/song-il-gook-says-there-is-no-chance.html

Hi starfire, sigh...............no chance? This is a shocking announcement from him. I'm sure this will disappoint & upset their hardcore fans. But, I understand SIG’s decision. Maybe he has to prioritize the development and childhood over fame of his kids. It's just that I thought all along there's a possibility that we could get to see them back on the screen again. I hope we could get to see the adorable triplets returning to TV again soon. I miss them! Well, it’s so NICE of SIG that he still give us update from time to time about his triplets. Thanks for sharing this. :P

• Like 6

7 hours ago, tikamacika said:

Hi tikamacika, thanks for sharing these CUTE photos. OMG - such a feast for the eyes! This is funny looking at their nails with polish. There’s just so much to look at. Please keep them coming. :P

• Like 3

July 20, 2016

Song Il-kook breaks character in new musical

19212631.jpg

Veteran actor Song Il-kook made his musical debut in the Korean production of the Broadway classic “42nd Street,” which is currently being staged at the Seoul Arts Center. He plays the role of Julian Marsh. [SEM COMPANY]

Actor Song Il-kook is back on stage, but this time he’s singing and dancing.

Song recently made his musical theater debut in the Korean production of the classic American musical “42nd Street,” currently being staged at the Seoul Arts Center in Seocho-gu, southern Seoul.

Song alternates the role of Julian Marsh, a legendary Broadway director, with Lee Jong-hyuk.

Local theatergoers may be suspicious of Song’s readiness for the part. He’s not a professional singer or dancer, and the glamorous show business character doesn’t seem in line with Song’s previous roles. He has mostly played heros like Korean independence activist An Jung-geun in the play “I Am You” and Jumong, the founder of the ancient kingdom Goguryeo (37 B.C. to A.D. 668), in a megahit drama series.

Still, Song says he’s improving with every performance thanks to support from his fans and family.

“I have a fan who sends me a letter after almost every performance,” said Song. “She comments on my show and even gives me a grade. For the last show, she gave me 70 out of 100. I will try to reach 80 before the musical ends its run.”

To hear more about Song’s new challenge, the Korea JoongAng Daily sat down with him for an interview. Here are some edited excerpts.

Q. You already have a successful career as a film actor. Why did you decide to challenge yourself with a musical?

A. “Like” doesn’t come close to fully describing my affection for musicals. It was my everlasting dream [to appear in a musical]. I never thought this dream would come true as I’ve never sung nor danced [in front of an audience]. Since I was very young, I have thought that musical actors were the “real” actors: they can dance, sing and act at the same time. Thus, I only dreamt of being a part of a musical — until that dream came to reality thanks to veteran musical actress Choi Jung-won, who recommended me.

You played the role of An Jung-geun in the play “I Am You” and garnered much attention from Korean theatergoers. Did that experience help you prepare for the musical?

I played that role for three years. In fact, Choi thought I would suit the musical after watching the play. It is my second time performing on stage. Now that I think of it, I wouldn’t have been able to perform in this musical if it weren’t for that play. Thanks to that experience, I was able to learn how to deal with a live stage and also overcome the fear of performing live.

“42nd Street” has featured many veteran actors in Korea, so it must have been stressful putting your own spin on the character of Julian Marsh. How did you do that?

Although she’s a woman, actress and director Yoon Suk-hwa was my role model for this character. [Yoon previously directed Song in “I Am You.”] She, as a director, is a genius. Her passion for her own performances is great and she is very sensitive to even trivial elements such as sound and light. I really think I was lucky to have started my career as a performer under her [charismatic] direction. At first, I thought of making the character more authoritative and sedate. But since my voice is very low, it felt as though I was acting the character of An Jung-geun once again. I realized I needed to develop a different style.

BY KIM HYE-JUN [kim.hyejun@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 8

Song Minguk Is Praised For His Musical Sense By Veteran Musical Actress Yoon Bok Hee

Song Minguk Is Praised For His Musical Sense By Veteran Musical Actress Yoon Bok Hee

On the July 24 episode of MBC program “Human Documentary,” Song Il Gookmeets veteran musical actress Yoon Bok Hee who is visiting her student musical actress Kim Sun Kyung.

When Yoon Bok Hee sees Song Il Gook, she tells him, “I’m a fan of Daehan, Minguk, and Manse, especially Minguk.”

When Kim Sun Kyung asks Yoon Bok Hee why she likes Minguk, she says, “He’s got an outstanding musical sense.”

Song Il Gook is caught off guard and says, “Really? He seems to have a good musical sense?”

Song Il Gook

Yoon Bok Hee insists, “Yea, I watched [‘The Return of Superman‘] from start to finish.”

“My wife has pitch,” Song Il Gook says. “I want to make [Minguk] a musical actor later.”

Yoon Bok Hee says, “He’s good at rapping too, isn’t he?”

Song Il Gook subsequently whips out his phone and manages to get his boys on a video call, trying to get them to sing for Yoon Bok Hee and Kim Sun Kyung.

Song Il Gook 2

Do you think Minguk would make a good musical actor?

source:http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/23/song-minguk-praised-musical-sense-veteran-muscial-actress/

• Like 9

On 7/23/2016 at 3:55 AM, gabisikfan said:

I Am You

42nd Street

Not the same story and dramatic scene in these two photos, but so expressive !!

Big waves for Kona, Celia, HWJ, Metal, Chell, Tikamacika, Willenette and all SIKers! Love you!

Hi gabisikfan, thanks for sharing the photos. I couldn't agree with you more - both are expressive although it came from different shows. :P

• Like 4

Lovely clip.  Song Deahan singing "42nd Street".

At 1:00.  https://www.facebook.com/187649481323132/videos/1059720027449402/

2016.07.24 MBC “Human Documentary:People Is Good” (Song Il Kook)(no subtitle) 2016.07.24 MBC《人间纪实-人真好》(宋一国剪辑)(无字幕)

Posted by 宋一国 Song Il Kook on Sunday, July 24, 2016

• Like 9

Song Triplets Beat The Heat With New Haircuts For Summer

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/27/song-triplets-beat-heat-new-haircuts-summer/

Song Triplets Beat The Heat With New Haircuts For SummerSong Triplets Beat The Heat With New Haircuts For Summer

Song Il Gook’s sweet triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are ready to take on summer with their new haircuts!

On the evening of July 27, Song Il Gook shared some cute photos to Instagram of his boys at the barber shop, where they just got their hair cut.

He writes as the caption, “After finishing the matinee show, I saw that I had received some photos~^^ Daehan, Minguk, and Manse got some refreshing haircuts (These are all the photos that I received, so Daehan has unintentionally has become the main character~^^). By the way, where do you think Daehan learned to cross his legs like that?”

Song Il Gook is currently starring in the musical “42nd Street.”

Stay up to date with the triplets by following Song Il Gook on Instagram here:@songilkook.

• Like 10

Other version:

Song Triplets get Haircuts

Song on Wednesday uploaded on Instagram photos of the triplets after the latter got haircuts. One of the photos showed Song Dae-han crossing his legs while sitting and his father had written on the post, “Where did Dae-han learn how to cross his legs?”

Song Il-gook was part of the reality TV show “The Return of Superman” with his triplets -- Song Dae-han, Song Min-guk, and Song Man-se -- but they left the show in February. 

By Lee Ji-hae (jihlee@heraldcorp.com) 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201607281030330588201_2

• Like 6