Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Want raw file and soft subs of Jang Young Sil for HD quality?

It's avail even faster than dramacool.

Here are where you can download:

NO DIRECT LINKING OR SHARING OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ardently that's good that you like Tattoo.  I'm not ready to watch it yet :crazy: .

• Like 5

Song Triplets Send Video Message to Lee Dong Gook’s Children

Song Triplets Send Video Message to Lee Dong Gook’s Children

The triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse banded together to send an adorable video message to their “The Return of Superman” co-stars!

On January 23, Lee Dong Gook‘s wife Lee Soo Jin uploaded the video to her personal Instagram account. In the video, all three of the triplets coordinate their message together after messing up on the first try. They shout, “Seol Ah, Su Ah, Daebak, we miss you!”

The triplets met Lee Dong Gook’s children back in October for an epic play date. Hopefully the triplets’ mother will continue to share cute posts such as these, as they and Song Il Gook are due to depart from the show next month.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/24/song-triplets-send-video-message-to-lee-dong-gooks-children/

• Like 4

Song Il Kook Scares Production Crew With Incredibly Realistic Acting on “Jang Young Sil”

Song Il Gook Scares Production Crew With Incredibly Realistic Acting on “Jang Young Sil”

While it is known to many that Song Il Kook is a fantastic actor, even the production staff were taken aback by his talent in a recent scene on the KBS historical drama “Jang Young Sil.”

In the January 24 broadcast, Song Il Kook’s character is tied up and hauled off to his execution by hanging. With the rope around his neck, he looks up into the sky to convey his character’s painful feelings at the time of his death.

song il gook

A KBS representative said, “As the rope starts to pull tighter, Song Il Kook twisted his face in pain. But a staff member who was standing nearby was alarmed by his realistic acting and ran to help him.”

“Jang Young Sil” airs Saturdays and Sundays at 9:40 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/24/song-il-gook-scares-production-crew-with-incredibly-realistic-acting-on-jang-young-sil/

• Like 7

Song Il Kook Says He Has Mixed Feelings as He Watches His Triplets Grow Up

Song Il Gook Says He Has Mixed Feelings as He Watches His Triplets Grow Up

Song Il Kook has expressed the thoughts that go through his mind as he watches his triplets grow up.

On the episode of KBS’s “The Return of Superman” that aired on January 24, the theme is “It’s Dad’s First Time Being a Dad Too.” Meanwhile, Ki Tae Young and Eugene newly join the show with their eight-month-old daughter, Ro Hee.

During the show, Song Il Kook and his triplets visit a ski resort. It is evident that the triplets have grown since their last visit a year ago.

“It was an opportunity for me to realize how much the kids have grown,” Song Il Kook says after a ski class. “While I’m hopeful that we’ll finally be able to ski together next year, I’m also afraid that they are growing up too fast.”

“I’ve realized that they will leave my side one day,” he adds. “Though I’m eager to see them grow faster, part of me also wishes they will stay like this forever.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/24/song-il-gook-says-he-has-mixed-feelings-as-he-watches-his-triplets-grow-up/

• Like 6

Thanks, Kona, for the links.

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 2:47 AM, tia_pott3r_1 said:

I found a clearer pic of song eomma. Do you think min gook really resemble her? 

I am looking at the picture of Sik's wife, which i think came from her alumni book. Manse resembles her in a glance and I love this naughty boy.  Sik and I have the same taste.

• Like 2

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 7

photo678316.jpg

I'm increasingly getting the sense that "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is less about the actual titular scientist and more about the political struggles that were necessary for King Sejong to manage the important reforms that marked his reign. It's clear that several of the events we see in major focus were actual real historical watermarks in King Sejong's early career (he's still not actually King yet). Although this is mostly a hypothesis on my part since once again Jeong-sil has very little screentime in his own story compared to other characters who aren't very good at staying alive in difficult historical times.

The relationships are useful comparison points when put in better focus. The big meeting between King Taejong and King Sejong is significant because King Sejong is saying all the things that other characters have almost certainly wanted to say in front of King Taejong. The reason they don't is because they're too terrified of the older man. Even when King Taejong isn't physically in the room his presence intimidates just about everyone.

One problem with this, though, is that "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" can't exactly do much with the element of surprise. Even assuming you don't know anything about Korean history, the fact that Yeong-sil survives is pretty much a complete given because he has yet to accomplish any major scientific achievements. Ditto with King Sejong, for that matter, which is it's not all that suspenseful to see them being put in any kind of dangerous situation.

That puts a lot of stress on the drama's more philosophical elements, and once again, this thematic emphasis runs afoul of the fact that very little of the conflict between King Taejong and King Sejong has anything to do with Yeong-sil. While it's certainly conceivable that Yeong-sil could have faced persecution under King Taejong's reign, Yeong-sil frequently feels helpless and alone with his own thoughts. That's not a good place for a drama protagonist to be.

The science remains the main bright spot of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama", and even that much remains a very distant story element. While I did like the way Yeong-sil was able to use science to gain a better grasp of his location and general situation, this isn't information that matters much in the long run. What's more, Yeong-sil's fate is still left completely up to the stars. That's an odd contrast given how from the royal perspective, the current political troubles are the consequence of stubborn men.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-7-90716.html

~~~~~~~~~~

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 8

The extended opening of this episode is simply a direct continuation of the cliffhanger from last time. Yeong-sil is stuck in a noose, reliant entirely on the whims of the weather to confirm whether or not his heretical scientific theory is true and thus, can release Yeong-sil from the risk of death. For all of King Taejong's established authoritatiran attitude I'm still at a bit of a loss as to why he takes these issues to such a ridiculous extreme. It's almost like King Taejong takes issues of bad science personally.

King Taejong talks a lot about politics but unfortunately his motivation elsewhere is hard to parse. The main problem with "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is its lack of proper cohesion. Thematically this drama is about politics but literally it's about science. While these two fields have had plenty of interaction over the course of history violence tends not to be involved, which is what creates some of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama"'s most awkward imagery.

In this case, the big moment when the sky finally manages to clear up. There's the beautiful graphics and the lovely bagpipes music and everyone is staring in wonder at how Yeong-sil has managed to prove himself a prophet through the strength of his learning. And then, inevitably, we have to turn back to a major character suffocating to death. "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is constantly trying to be morbid and inspiring at the same time and the combination just is not a very good one.

The good news is that the middle event of this episode is a major historical event- one that will hopefully put an end to the question of King Taejong's violent statecraft since the end result is that Yeong-sil now has an established position where he can now do more focus on actual science. This is much more appropriate political commentary for "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" to engage in, since among other things it will give Jeong-sil more time to interact with So-hyeon- an alleged main character who has yet to do much of importance.

I feel a lot of the time like I'm kind of mean to "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". Truthfully the production does have lots of merits- they're just distributed in a very uneven and unsatisfactory way, mostly because the drama chooses to focus on the royal intrigues. While more dynamic from a historical point of view, I started watching this drama because I wanted to learn more about early Joseon science. Fortunately there's enough time left for us to still get decent exposure to that.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-8-90729.html

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KonaBeans said:

JYS Torrent Links:  https://torrentkim1.net/bbs/s.php?k=%EC%9E%A5%EC%98%81%EC%8B%A4&b=&q=

Subscene for soft subs:  http://subscene.com/subtitles/jang-yeong-sil-the-greatest-scientist-of-joseon-jang-young-shil

ENG subs for epi 8 is already available at the Subscene link above.

Enjoy!

12633489_929693487106200_679137234917452

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Song Il-gook to owe Yoo Seong-woo his life once again

photo678368.jpg

On the recent episode of the KBS 1TV drama "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" on the 24th, Jang Yeong-sil (Song Il-gook) was almost killed for treason but was saved by Yoo Seong-woo.

Jang Yeong-sil was about to die. He prayed that the wind will blow and Yoo Seong-woo appeared from the clouds. Jang Yeong-sil's life was spared.

Jang Yeong-sil told Tae-jong (Kim Young-cheol), "I just want to see the sky. I wanted to run to the Ming Dynasty, but all I had in my heart was pain and sorrow. Now it's all gone and the sorrow was because I am a slave. I might be alive, but I am still a slave. Now I've decided to ignore what I can't do anything about".

Tae-jong told him, "Make me an astronomical instrument and I'll get you a place to work at. Do it in secrecy". Jang Yeong-sil thought about the Prince (Kim Sang-kyeong) and said, "That was the day I had a king". A month after Yoo Seong-woo was seen, the Prince was crowned King.

Jang Yeong-sil watched the stars even closer after having faced death. Se Jong ordered Jang Hee-je (Lee Ji-hoon) to watch the Beijing stars more closely and Jang Yeong-sil left with him to find out how the Ming Dynasty watches stars.

photo678369.jpg

• Like 6

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM, KonaBeans said:

JYS Torrent Links:  https://torrentkim1.net/bbs/s.php?k=%EC%9E%A5%EC%98%81%EC%8B%A4&b=&q=

Subscene for soft subs:  http://subscene.com/subtitles/jang-yeong-sil-the-greatest-scientist-of-joseon-jang-young-shil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ardently that's good that you like Tattoo.  I'm not ready to watch it yet :crazy: .

You have to face your fears, kona, and get over it.  He's not really that scary and awful, just weird.  Don't you like to see our man in his naked glory?  Savor him.  Lol.

Oh, i forgot.  He looks more fit here with less fat and handsome, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ardently said:

You have to face your fears, kona, and get over it.  He's not really that scary and awfwei, just weird.  Don't you like to see our man in his naked glory?  Savor him.  Lol.

Oh, i forgot.  He looks more fit here with less fat and handsome, too.

Okay @ardently, I'll download and save it for later, maybe when he's no longer acting.

From what I heard, it's too to intense to  handle, LOL. :blush:  :grimace:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KonaBeans said:

Okay @ardently, I'll download and save it for later, maybe when he's no longer acting.

From what I heard, it's too to intense to  handle, LOL. :blush:  :grimace:

Okay.  I'm telling you, you're missing a lot.

BTW, i've heard some negative comments about jang yeong sil from hancinema.  I'm not comfortable with that but i don't want to give my comment here.  I'll do it in JYS thread.

• Like 2