Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Minguk Channels King Sejong to Help Dad Practice for “Jang Young Shil”

Minguk Channels King Sejong to Help Dad Practice for “Jang Young Shil”

Minguk and Manse got a peek into Song Il Kook’s life as an actor by reading his script with him.

On the episode of KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman” aired on January 10, the triplets helped their dads practice his lines.

Early in the morning, Song Il Kook can be seen practicing his lines for his drama “Jang Young Sil.” When Manse is the first to wake up, Song Il Kook says, “Help me read my lines.”

minguk manse script 3

Though Manse tries to help his dad out, he quickly loses interest. Then Minguk proceeds to wake up at the sound of talking. Once again, Song Il Kook says, “Help me read my lines.”

Unlike Manse, Minguk quickly gets into playing his role as King Sejong. Not only does he use different face expressions accordingly to his lines, but he also acts them out as well.

minguk manse script

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/10/minguk-channels-king-sejong-to-help-dad-practice-for-jang-young-shil/

• Like 5

***I feel sorry for Minguk. ;)

Why wasn't Minguk part of the triplet's cameo in Song Il Kook's drama 'Jang Yeong Sil'?

Have you been watching Song Il Kook's historical drama 'Jang Yeong Sil: The Greatest Scientist of Joseon'? Even if you aren't, you might want to watch the above clip.

Song Il Kook's ridiculously adorable triplets had a cameo in a recent episode! The 4th episode of the drama featured Daehan and Manse in ragged clothes, crying on the side of the dirt road. All we want to do is rescue them!

You might have noticed that Minguk wasn't in this cameo with his brothers. It wasn't because Minguk wasn't as good at acting, but because his part was unfortunately edited out.

'Jang Yeong Sil's producer Kim Young Jo stated, "When we met the triplets, they really were so cute. We decided for them to cameo, as it would be promotion for the drama as well. But we didn't know the issue would become this big. More than anything, we apologize for putting the triplets in a harsh, dust-filled place."

The producer also explained, "We thought it would be too obvious if all three children were together, so we divided them up with Daehan and Manse, and then Minguk. But [the episode] went too long and had to be edited, so we weren't able to see Minguk's [scene]. For Minguk, we will request Song Il Kook later on, to see if Minguk can film again later."

SEE ALSO: Song Il Kook and triplets film their last episode of 'Superman is Back'

On a side note, 'Jang Yeong Sil's viewer ratings are going up! The third episode had a 10.2% viewer rating, and the 4th episode had an 11.3% rating. Could it partly be from this cameo?

source : allkpop

• Like 10

14 hours ago, winterfan1 said:

i wonder what the lady actress say abt mingguikie n why appa had that expression

theelady seen to say that minngkie is cute but not sure what else.

Park Sun-Young (acts as Princess Sohyun in Jang Yeong-sil) said she wishes to have a daughter as cute as Minguk.

The amusing part is that when the host asked Park Sun-Young whether she prefers to have son or daughter, SIK quickly told her: "Daughter is better." LOL!

GkKwlbl.jpg

• Like 11

QUIZ: Which Song Triplet Are You?

Although Korea’s iconic triplets are fairly young, we’ve been able to watch them grow and develop into three handsome young toddlers with three very individual personalities. We’ve watched the Song triplets take on responsibility, handle crisis, face punishment, and create lifelong memories with their dad all in very different ways. They may be minutes apart in age and have spent every waking moment together since birth, but they have shown us distinct differences in their characters on “The Return of Superman.” Take this quiz to find out which Song triplet you resemble the most!

Which Song Triplet Are You?

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/11/quiz-which-song-triplet-are-you/

Here's my result: I am sooooo Daehan! :wub:

12509771_1669527513295871_68340960680561

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Although Korea’s iconic triplets are fairly young, we’ve been able to watch them grow and develop into three handsome young toddlers with three very individual personalities. We’ve watched the Song triplets take on responsibility, handle crisis, face punishment, and create lifelong memories with their dad all in very different ways. They may be minutes apart in age and have spent every waking moment together since birth, but they have shown us distinct differences in their characters on “The Return of Superman.” Take this quiz to find out which Song triplet you resemble the most!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/11/quiz-which-song-triplet-are-you/

Here's my result: I am sooooo Daehan! :wub:

I took the quiz and it turned out that I'm a Daehanie too, LOL! :grin:

How did it happen? :glasses:  :blush:

BTW, I like how the article acknowledge that our beloved triplets are "handsome young toddlers".

They're so beautiful, my little 3 angels. :heart:

• Like 2

Here is the same article that @Chellsee posted above, in English translation.

Song Il-gook to narrate Korean literature

photo674286.jpg

Actor Song Il-gook is going to narrate the EBS FM "100 Actors, Read Korean Literature".

He will be reading a novel by Song Yeong called, "Stonemason".

"100 Actors, Read Korean Literature" is a project that re-highlights the past 100 years. 100 actors in Korea will be narrating 100 short and long modern day novels. "100 Actors, Read Korean Literature" was published as an audio book in May last year and actors and actresses Park Jeong-ja, Yang Hee-kyeong, Moon Seong-geun, Jeong Bo-seok, Jeong Jin-yeong and Kwon Hae-hyo narrated them.

Song Il-gooks share of the narration will be broadcast from the 14th of January to the 18th. The replay is on the same day from 1:20AM onwards and on Sunday, the whole narration can be heard again from 9PM to 11PM.

"100 Actors, Read Korean Literature" is collaborated by Communications Books, Korean Actors Welfare Association and EBS and it can be heard on the radio at 104.5MHz, Internet radio or smart phone application Bandi and Kakao Page.

source

• Like 7

Cheongsanri Historic Trek Exhibition guide
[JP2]luvhime  2016.01.14. 00:07
http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook/Yd1/1045

Dear GeNtLe family members~^^

Manager announced about Cheongsanri Historic Trek Exhibition guide.

See below,
청산리 역사 대장정 사진전 안내
http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook/8VLY/58

< Translation >

Hello ~ ^^ GeNtLe family members.

Cheongsanri Historic Trek Exhibition will be held.

+Date : January 20 - Wednesday, January 22 Friday
+Place : Black Yak Yangjae 2 underground floors (5-7 Yangjae-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul)

+ Time: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm

Please feel much interest in the event as the Exhibition auction is also held.
Exhibition auction Date : January 22, Friday 7:00 pm (19:00) to 8:00 pm  (20:00)

The profits of the auction will be used for the independence veterans.

12510450_953876098036755_550289527325546

Mr. Song Il Kook will be there for some time in the afternoon the day of the auction.

Because of the drama shooting schedule, it's difficult to tell you exactly when he visits.
Please understand.

Thank you.

• Like 4