Cha Eun Woo ❤차은우 - A Brightening Star ❤ Upcoming Drama 2024 - Wonderful World

nitnot

*** It's a striking transformation for Cha Eun Woo for his role as 'Kwon Seon Yul'. in "Wonderful World".   Departing from his usual polished appearance, Cha Eun Woo immerses himself in the gritty persona of Kwon Seon Yul. As I watched the trailer I can say his acting looks great.   :Twerkdatbutt:

8 Highly Anticipated K-Dramas To Watch In March

Famous actors are making their quick returns with new dramas.

1. Wonderful World — March 1

Kim Nam Joo and ASTRO‘s Cha Eunwoo star in the revenge drama about a mother seeking justice for the unfair death of her son—after the legal system fails her.

kdrama-march-2024-astro-cha-eunwoo-kim-n

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-dramas-anticipated-march-2024-wonderful-world-queen-tears/

*** We now have an exciting lineup of K-dramas ahead in March. It is going to be a wonderful month with many awaited shows releasing. We can look forward to different series of various genres. We have to gear up. It is time to update our binge list. "Wonderful World" is one of the shows that is to be released next month. :heart3:

Release Date: March 1

Cast: Cha Eun Woo, Kim Nam Joo

The drama follows Eun Soo Hyun, a psychology professor and writer grieving the loss of her son. When the culprit escapes justice, her despair deepens. She sets out to seek revenge when her path crosses with Kwon Sun Yool, a wealthy dropout student hiding his own sorrowful past.

1708791526-march-wonderfulworld.jpg

*** On February 27th, an industry insider shared that Cha Eunwoo had presented padded jackets to the staff members of his upcoming drama 'Wonderful World' last year. He bought and gifted (the jackets) with his own money to the hardworking production team at the filming site. One of the staff said, "Thanks to Cha Eunwoo's heartwarming gesture, we endured the chilly winter on set with warmth." He gave them mid-November last year. Cha Eunwoo's new drama 'Wonderful World' will premiere on March 1st.   :heart1:

source : Gstarlive

Top 5 K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist This March 2024

march-2024-kdramas.png

From highly-anticipated screen comebacks to iconic pairings, thrillers, romance, comedy, and more, March is packed with entertainment, thanks to these upcoming K-Dramas.

So, we compiled some of the most exciting March 2024 K-Dramas in a watchlist for you!

Here are 5 March K-Dramas of 2024 that you absolutely do not want to miss!

Note: This watchlist is not a ranking. It includes select K-Dramas airing on Korean national television as well as Netflix, Disney+, and Apple TV+ original series.

1. "Wonderful World"

wonderful-world-kdrama-poster.jpg

MBC

When & Where: March 1, on Disney Plus

Cast: Kim NamJoo, ASTRO's Cha EunWoo, Kim KangWoo, Lim SeMi

Summary: When a mother loses her son to a crime, and yet the perpetrator gets away scot-free, she takes the law into her own hands. In the process, she meets other people who have suffered from similar injustices and helps them solve their cases, healing each other's inner wounds in the process.

Reasons To Watch: Veteran actress Kim NamJoo's small-screen comeback is highly anticipated and is reason enough to tune in to this drama. Additionally, Cha EunWoo, who has proved his mettle in thrillers with "Island" before, is raising anticipation for his performance in "Wonderful World" even more. It will be interesting to see their dynamic in this K-Drama when it comes out in March 2024.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-5-k-dramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist-this-march-2024/

Spoiler

Cha Eun Woo Is A Junkyard Worker And A Politician’s Minion In “Wonderful World”

Cha Eun Woo Is A Junkyard Worker And A Politician’s Minion In “Wonderful World”

MBC’s “Wonderful World” has shared new stills of ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own.

Cha Eun Woo will star as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun. Kwon Sun Yool will add tension and suspense to the drama as he leads a double life: on the surface, he is a worker at a junkyard, but he is also a subordinate of Kim Joon (Park Hyuk Kwon), a politician who will do anything for power. Viewers will have to wait to find out what happened in Kwon Sun Yool’s past and what secrets he is hiding.

The newly released stills capture Kwon Sun Yool with a secretive aura. In one photo, Kwon Sun Yool meets a mysterious woman under a bridge and gives her something, all the while discreetly observing her with his hat pulled down. In another, Sun Yool is seen holding an envelope in his hands. From the composed yet guarded demeanor of Kwon Sun Yool, who is wary of his surroundings, it appears that such secret meetings are part of his routine.

Cha Eun Woo’s upcoming transformation into Kwon Sun Yool will mark a stark contrast to his usual, more gentle roles. Expectations are high for his first rough and dark character, particularly because Kwon Sun Yool, who is Park Hyuk Kwon’s minion, will have several action scenes.

cha-eun-woo-wonderful-world-2.jpg

cha-eun-woo-wonderful-world-1.jpg

cha-eun-woo-wonderful-world-3.jpg

“Wonderful World” will premiere on March 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645452wpp/cha-eun-woo-is-a-junkyard-worker-and-a-politicians-subordinate-in-wonderful-world

*** Cha Eun Woo appears consecutively in MBC Channel for his works. He meets with viewers through two MBC dramas this year in  first "A Good Day to be a Dog" that ended in January. He will return to MBC's Friday-Saturday drama "Wonderful World", which will air TODAY March 1st. Before this, he starred in MBC's Friday-Saturday drama "Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung". He's the MBC's son. hahaha - I'm sure he loves to be a part of MBC.   :Ohboy3:

photo1782131.jpg

'Wonderful World' unleashes a mother’s wrath in MBC's new revenge drama

The cast of MBC's mystery drama series "Wonderful World" pose for a photo at a press conference held at MBC on Thursday ahead of the series' premiere on Friday. From left are actors Kim Kang-woo, Kim Nam-joo, Cha Eun-woo and Im Se-mi. [NEWS1]

The cast of MBC's mystery drama series "Wonderful World" pose for a photo at a press conference held at MBC on Thursday ahead of the series' premiere on Friday. From left are actors Kim Kang-woo, Kim Nam-joo, Cha Eun-woo and Im Se-mi. [NEWS1]

“The Glory” (2022) fans, rejoice: another revenge-themed K-drama is coming, and this time, it’s a mother’s wrath the audience will be feeling in MBC’s upcoming mystery drama “Wonderful World.”

Director Lee Seung-young's "Wonderful World" is the story of a mother who personally takes revenge against her son’s killer and how she unravels the mysteries surrounding the fateful day of her son’s murder.

Promotional poster for mystery drama series ″Wonderful World″ [MBC]

Promotional poster for mystery drama series ″Wonderful World″ [MBC]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-02-29/entertainment/television/Wonderful-World-unleashes-a-mothers-wrath-in-MBCs-new-revenge-drama/1992117

*** I've watched the trailers they shared for "Wonderful World" and It looks like this is a sad drama. It looks really intriguing. Based on Cha Eun Woo's role here, I think he might do a surprisingly good job. I've been waiting for this. I'm beyond excited! According to media outlets, and Disney rep it will be also on Hulu! But, I checked yesterday (Thursday) and it does not appear. Although, as far as I know, dramas don’t usually show up on Hulu search until they are actively available to watch.   :kaching3:

TODAY - is D-DAY! Premiere Watch: "Wonderful World"

Time slot: Friday-Saturday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Revenge, thriller, mystery, human
Episode count: 14
Global streamer: Disney+

Reasons to watch: Featuring a bereaved mother (Kim Nam-joo) and an angry young man (Cha Eun-woo) who come together in their despair, Wonderful World has the all makings of a moody, character-driven, and darkish tale where questions about revenge and healing are stirred up by our characters. But how much melo will we get? And how much thriller? Will this be a similar setup to The Glory, or will we have more of an inner journey a la Trolley on our plates? We’ll have to tune in to find out.

Kim Nam-joo, Cha Eun-woo unite in new TV series 'Wonderful World'

fa121a6d-bb15-46ef-a848-320370dff4a3.jpg

By Pyo Kyung-min

Veteran actress Kim Nam-joo and singer-actor Cha Eun-woo have joined forces in "Wonderful World" to present a dark narrative filled with unexpected twists.

The latest MBC series unfolds as a mystery drama where Eun Soo-hyun (Kim), a mother driven by a quest for personal vengeance for the murder of her son, unravels intricate secrets behind this tragedy. Alongside her journey, Eun encounters Kwon Seon-yul (Cha), a mysterious character harboring similar scars of familial loss.

On Thursday, Kim and Cha shared their experience working together during a press event at MBC's Golden Mouth Hall in Mapo District, western Seoul.

d125a563-6d6c-4d2b-a95e-ede7852abc8e.jpg

Actress Kim Nam-joo speaks during a press event for MBC's new TV series, "Wonderful World," at MBC's Golden Mouth Hall in Mapo District, western Seoul, Thursday. Yonhap

Initially hesitant about teaming up with Kim, who boasts an impressive 30-year career, heartthrob Cha expressed how their chemistry evolved positively over time.

"I believe our chemistry is a perfect 100," Cha said. "At first, Kim seemed a bit reserved during our initial script reading, but as we worked together, our personalities just clicked. Kim was proactive, sharing her acting insights and offering valuable advice, which made our collaboration a real pleasure."

Visibly elated by the compliment, Kim echoed the sentiment, rating their synergy even higher at "110 points."

"I found working with Cha to be truly fascinating and humbling," Kim remarked. "At first, the thought of matching with Cha was quite daunting. He exudes this princely charm, almost like he's from another planet. But as we collaborated, I started to see him as an endearing younger brother. It's his warmth of personality and the open-mindedness he brings to his acting that really won me over."

d09a7f2e-5d52-4320-ab30-714c03f2c452.jpg

Singer-actor Cha Eun-woo poses during a press event for MBC's new TV series, "Wonderful World," at MBC's Golden Mouth Hall in Mapo District, western Seoul, Thursday. Yonhap

In contrast to their delightful collaboration, "Wonderful World" carries a rather somber tone, portraying the characters' descent into darkness as they uncover the truth behind their tragedies.

Returning to the screen after a six-year hiatus, Kim revealed that her portrayal of Eun was motivated by "maternal love." Married to actor Kim Seung-woo since 2005, she is a proud mother of two.

"The main reason I took on the role of Eun is 'maternal love' ... As a mother of two, I believed I could authentically portray the emotions of all mothers. While the tragedy depicted in the series is something I would hate to even imagine, the opportunity to embody a mother's heart was deeply compelling," Kim explained.

Cha embodies a tragic character engulfed in mystery, departing from his previous romantic lead roles in "True Beauty" (2020) and "A Good Day to Be a Dog" (2023).

"He comes from a wealthy family but opts for a rough life after a certain incident. There are many tangled secrets behind my character Kwon," Cha elaborated. "As each episode unfolds, Eun's secrets are revealed one by one, like Pandora's box."

The singer-actor emphasized his meticulous attention to detail — from styling and physical fitness — to reflect his character's tumultuous life.

"I aimed to convey a sense of disorder in clothing and style. I also dedicated considerable effort to my fitness regimen. My objective was to externalize the hardships and challenges Kwon faces," Cha expressed.

Spoiler

fa0c5fdb-5053-43f1-b530-c06f48e5e555.jpg

Directed by Lee Seung-young, known for his immersive storytelling in dramas including the "Tracer" series (2022) and the second season of "Voice" (2018), "Wonderful World" invites viewers to discover beauty amidst its darker narrative.

"Just as the stars shine brighter against the backdrop of the night sky, you'll sense that amidst the darkness, a gathering of talented actors has produced a remarkable work of art," director Lee noted during Thursday's event.

"The choice of the title 'Wonderful World,' despite the underlying tragedy, reflects this sentiment. Instead of dwelling solely on the tragedy, I hope audiences perceive it as a beautiful drama."

"Wonderful World" airs every Friday and Saturday.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/03/688_369796.html

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

Cha Eun Woo And Kim Nam Joo’s “Wonderful World” Premieres To Promising Ratings

Cha Eun Woo And Kim Nam Joo’s “Wonderful World” Premieres To Promising Ratings

MBC’s new drama “Wonderful World” is off to a promising start!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller starring Kim Nam Joo as Eun Soo Hyun, a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo stars as Kwon Sun Yool, a former medical student who has led a rough life after suffering a devastating family tragedy.

On March 1, “Wonderful World” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 5.3 percent for its first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645843wpp/cha-eun-woo-and-kim-nam-joos-wonderful-world-premieres-to-promising-ratings

Spoiler

Cha Eun Woo Dramatically Enters Kim Nam Joo’s Life In “Wonderful World”

Cha Eun Woo Dramatically Enters Kim Nam Joo’s Life In “Wonderful World”

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo is about to make a dramatic appearance in the rain on MBC’s “Wonderful World”!

“Wonderful World” is a new emotional thriller starring Kim Nam Joo as Eun Soo Hyun, a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. Cha Eun Woo stars as Kwon Sun Yool, a former medical student who has led a rough life after suffering a devastating family tragedy.

Spoilers

At the end of the first episode of “Wonderful World,” Eun Soo Hyun made the shocking decision to hit Kwon Ji Woong (Oh Man Seok), the man who killed her son, with her car.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming second episode, Eun Soo Hyun has a dramatic encounter with Kwon Sun Yool at the cemetery. When he finds Eun Soo Hyun crying over her son’s grave, Kwon Sun Yool uses his umbrella to shield her from the rain, which catches the grieving mother off guard.

Cha-Eun-Woo.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Nam-Joo.jpeg

Kim-Nam-Joo-Cha-Eun-Woo.jpeg

Another photo shows Kwon Sun Yool lost in thought, sitting alone at someone’s grave with a half-empty bottle of alcohol.

Cha-Eun-Woo-2.jpeg

“Amidst another whirlwind of plot, Cha Eun Woo will make his first real appearance [in the drama] starting with Episode 2,” said the drama’s production team. “As Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo seep into each other’s lives following their chance encounter, their stories will be revealed bit by bit. Please look forward to finding out what kinds of ripples will be caused by [these pieces of their stories].”

The second episode of “Wonderful World” will air on March 2 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645868wpp/cha-eun-woo-dramatically-enters-kim-nam-joos-life-in-wonderful-world