Benzoyl Peroxide Or Salicylic Acid?

marcs.lover

Which one works for you?
I'm curious since both seem to work for many of us, but I'm just wondering which one works better. So which one works best for you? Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid? Also, what kind of pimple cream do you use?

As for me, I think BP works better. I use Cetaphil as my cleanser, and Clean & Clear Speed Clearing Gel and Clearasil Ultra as my pimple creams.

Guest bella-fiore

For me, I used benzoyl peroxide for awhile and it worked great for the first few time, but afterward I guess it's like my skin became used to the medicine and it stopped working? Or at least it rarely does anymore I never tried salicylic acid before.

both are horrible for your skin because they only works for awhile then they'll stop. but if i have to choose, benzoy peroxide. if you're looking for something great, i always use products that have tea tree or sulfur.

i like BP for big painful zits. but for small clogged pores SA is better. I only put BP on my zit to attack that specific spot but SA i can put all over one area and have the acid slowly clear out my pores in that area.

Guest empress727

benzoyl peroxide!!!!! my skin needs it! lol salicylic acid doesn't do anything for my skin.

i use the benzoyl peroxide tubes from acne.org all of the other BP stuff i've tried have been way too harsh for my skin but this one isn't drying at all.

Guest sayuri43

i like BP for big painful zits. but for small clogged pores SA is better. I only put BP on my zit to attack that specific spot but SA i can put all over one area and have the acid slowly clear out my pores in that area.

yah, it's the same with me :] for small things, I'll usually use salicylic acid with a face wash thing... or something

Guest xOxEurasianxOx

benzoyl was awesome the first time i started using it...don't use it anymore but yeah it kinda stopped working after awhile

never heard of salicylic acid though..

Guest stellabella

Well Benzoyl Peroxide really really REALLY dried my face but it worked a little bit. It was painful though, I used .25 percent straight up benzoyl peroxide and the process was torturing. My face was red for a good week and it hurt.

Guest ryisakooguy

have you ever tried both?

really works well for me!! ^-^

just make sure you use moisturizer cause it does dry your skin bad.

the s. acid is to kill them daymn zits...bp is used to kill the bacteria from forming them into new zits. see why it works?

i also found out drinking a good amount of water, getting some sleep early, not stressing out soo much, and not touching your face a lot works well too.

check out acne.org...i swear that place saved me.

Archived