Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I don't think Inrang will be a box-office hit tbh it will be a miracle if it even reaches the break even point and beyond, but I'm going to try being a little optimistic here. Regardless, of whether the film does well or not, I'm just happy hj got the opportunity to work with a big name director and hopefully people keep praising her acting.

I do wonder when she will announce her next project, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to hear about work related news. It feels like forever since we've seen her on the screen (I don't count GS seeing that she barely even appeared in the film, so Inrang is her first big project since W for me).

I know I'm late, but I find it interesting that kdw said that there was no awkwardness caused by the rumor and that nothing has changed between them. To me, it felt like he was warning others not to be too surprised if they are seen hanging out again, ofc, as food "buddies."

Anyway, whether kdw and hhj last a long time or break up, I'm indifferent to it tbh. At the end of the day, I just want her to be happy and find that precious someone that will treat her right. Also, I will just continue to silently ship her with JWS lol it will be nice if they starred in a romance film or drama. Not kidding, but whenever I see a pic of them standing side by side I can't help, but wish they dated in real life (wishful thinking lol) they would look so good together.

• Like 1

@solaire I was actually wondering if JWS finds her like a “woman” now.lol What I mean is that hyojoo was still young when they shot Cold Eyes, and she even calls him hyung.Haha I love that he is a gentleman to her if there is a chance during their public appearances. I like that he buys it everytime Hyojoo tries to make a joke. JWS should marry someone now.He isnt getting any younger.

I actually wanna slap dongwon everytime he ignores Hyojoo or avoids her/her gaze. Just like the noodle shop question, he cant even look at HJ when they talk - and he is saying theyre not awkward.lol Also when they took a photo and he couldnt stand up, seems like hj was checking on him or asking if he’s ok but he isnt even looking at her.grrr 

Dongwon didnt really said they’re close friends or colleagues.He said they got closer in Inrang, it wasn’t actually a denial or admission.I was surprised as he had the chance to deny it.

I am also indifferent to Dongwon, but honestly, if Hyojoo is close to him, then she might have found something likable about him. Its her personal life, she owns it, so we can just cheer and be happy for her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

@solaire I was actually wondering if JWS finds her like a “woman” now.lol What I mean is that hyojoo was still young when they shot Cold Eyes, and she even calls him hyung.Haha I love that he is a gentleman to her if there is a chance during their public appearances. I like that he buys it everytime Hyojoo tries to make a joke. JWS should marry someone now.He isnt getting any younger.

I actually wanna slap dongwon everytime he ignores Hyojoo or avoids her/her gaze. Just like the noodle shop question, he cant even look at HJ when they talk - and he is saying theyre not awkward.lol Also when they took a photo and he couldnt stand up, seems like hj was checking on him or asking if he’s ok but he isnt even looking at her.grrr 

Dongwon didnt really said they’re close friends or colleagues.He said they got closer in Inrang, it wasn’t actually a denial or admission.I was surprised as he had the chance to deny it.

I am also indifferent to Dongwon, but honestly, if Hyojoo is close to him, then she might have found something likable about him. Its her personal life, she owns it, so we can just cheer and be happy for her. 

He probably does lol back in 2013 she was definitely more of a tomboy and a bit childish, but now she's grown up and has a "womanly" vibe to her. And yeah, I also love their little interactions. It's cute seeing how he plays along with her jokes even when they're not funny and he takes really good care of her. 

One would think that as an actor, kdw could at least act/pretend not to be awkward.

Agree, it's her personal life and at the end of the day she makes her own choices. Just making a guess here, but maybe she fell for his awkward, shy, yet manly self? Lol who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solaire said:

I know I'm late, but I find it interesting that kdw said that there was no awkwardness caused by the rumor and that nothing has changed between them. To me, it felt like he was warning others not to be too surprised if they are seen hanging out again, ofc, as food "buddies."

Anyway, whether kdw and hhj last a long time or break up, I'm indifferent to it tbh. At the end of the day, I just want her to be happy and find that precious someone that will treat her right. Also, I will just continue to silently ship her with JWS lol it will be nice if they starred in a romance film or drama. Not kidding, but whenever I see a pic of them standing side by side I can't help, but wish they dated in real life (wishful thinking lol) they would look so good together.

I ship her with JWS too. Look how nice he is and he is a gentleman through and through. 

Hyo's interviews are coming. Pls translate if you any of you can.

• Like 1

Hyo says she felt a bit strange seeing her new face in inrang. She’s excited abt it but also worried about people’s reaction to it. To her inrang is melodrama. She also admits that in light of the criticism to the love part, it should have been expressed more clearly. She met the original author and he thought her character was similar to the one in the original.

• Like 1

Nope. In other articles, they mention she’s smiling i think. She just said she was worried her personal issue would take focus from the movie. Am actually more interested in translating what she’s saying about her role so am not working on the rumor part now. But she says she likes eating when she’s stressed and kdw has good restaurant recommendations.

i hope tokki translates the articles concerning her role. It’s hard to navigate phew and i really want to know what her evaluation of herself is.

• Thanks 1

@solaire

Yep, she was still young during Cold eyes. I hope JWS was asked how was it working with Hyo this time and compared it when they worked during Cold eyes.They only had a little interaction during Inrang.

We can’t really judge to be honest.Whether dating or friendship, seems like she is closer to him contrary on how awkward we see them in public.Also, I watched a lot of interviews of KDW’s friends, Hajiwon is one of his best friends, she had a different description of him.As per HJW, kdw is really warm.He also told her first about his Military enlistment, etc.He is also a good cook, he even brought her in his fanmeet long time ago. So maybe there is more about him that only people close to him would know, and seems like HJ saw that. :) She is old enough to choose who she wants to date or hang out with.

Soompi might translate her article later.How is Inrang going btw? She said last night she was nervous that the movie is coming out today.

• Like 1

I cant believe i was so excited for inrang but now i cant wait for it to be done because of all the negativity. Am gonna be hiding for a while. I cant bear seeing hyo dragged throughout its run.

i thought hyo was finally going to get a 10 million movie that she largely participated in but nah. Its definitely not inrang. Definitely not.

• Like 1

Too much negativity here on Inrang’s opening. Let’s try to ligthen up the mood. Cutie Hyo backstage.

Im still hoping it can at least reach 5m to break even point.Reviews are mixed anyway, and some knetz who arent trolls liked the action part. And Hyo, is quite satisfied with her performance. 

• Like 1

Hello there!! I've bèen visiting this forum a lot as a lurker coz I had been a Jongjoo shipper (it's very obvious isn't it?) but I am long-time KDW fan since I've seen him in Too Beautiful Too Lie (my 1st kmovie). In case of HJ, she's one of my favorite kactress but maybe not entirely solid as most of you here. Nonetheless, I am now hurting for both of them cause they're receiving so much flak because they're caught dating in LA with picture evidence. Before their dating rumor and the troublesome relatives, they're considered "god" Dongwon , "super rookie" and/or "model daughter-in-law".

I wonder why there's no VIP scrèening where their celebrity friends, people in in kmovie industry could have been invited to show support for Inrang. Truly disappointed with WB korea how they treated a film from one of their "legendary" director and starred by 3 A-list actors :angry::wacko:

As for the dating rumor/scandal, I truly believed that they're dating because of the picture, from what can I glean from their characters as long-time fan of both of them and their latest intervièws. To be fair to KDW, showing the public that he cares too much would invite harsher criticsms not only for him but specially for HJ from his crazy jealous fans..

Sorry for those shipping her with JWS, I feel he's one of their supporter... I think he's a close sunbae to both of them esp to KDW because I saw a clip  not too long ago where JWS dropped by Violent Prosecutor filming. 

Sorry for the too long rant....

Guest kaz11

As expected, MI6 has more screens. Is it summer vacation in SK? Just wondering. I am satisfied with the numbers, hoping for more than half a million tickets sold on Friday/Saturday/Sunday!

Here's another review from a South Korean critic. I loved his review of Cold Eyes back then. He thought Hyojoo was outstanding as Ha Yoonjoo. I'll highlight the positive parts~

As Joong-kyung and Yoon-hee struggle to survive this perilous circumstance of theirs, the movie gives us several technically impressive moments, and its technical crew members deserve some praises for their good efforts. I like a relentless action sequence unfolded in and around the Namsan Tower in Seoul, and I also appreciated the palpably gloomy atmosphere surrounding the characters in the film, which is effectively established from the start thanks to cinematographer Lee Mo-gae.

This is the best part acting-wise so YAY. I am happy she did well enough considering the poor characterizations they all have been pointing out.

As another main part of the movie, Han Hyo-joo, who was fantastic as the strong heroine of “Cold Eyes” (2013), is woefully under-utilized here, and the same thing can be said about other notable supporting performers in the film. While Kim Mu-yeol looks as treacherous as required, Jung Woo-sung looks as brooding as demanded, and Han Ye-ri manages to bring some spirit and personality to her small supporting role.

I am not surprised MI6 is the sure winner, he said:

Spoiler

In conclusion, “Illang: the Wolf Brigade” is a major letdown compared to director Kim Ji-woon’s notable works such as “A Tale of Two Sisters” (2003), “The Good, the Bad, the Weird” (2008), and “The Age of Shadows” (2016). I was quite disappointed as not getting much fun during my viewing, and I must confess that the movie was quickly faded away from my mind as I subsequently watched “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” (2018), which is a far better action film in my trivial opinion.

Read full review: https://kaist455.com/2018/07/25/illang-the-wolf-brigade-2018/

Still, fighting! Lol with luck you'll never know~