Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest danial Ali

Han Hyo Joo Threatened by Former Manager, Agency Makes a

Statement

Actress Han Hyo Joo ’s former manager was arrested

under the charges of threatening the actress and her

family.

Han Hyo Joo, who is currently signed under BH

Entertainment along with other top actors including

Lee Byung Hun and Go Soo, was signed under “P”

agency before she made a name for herself. “P”

agency is now non-existent, but “A,” who was Han Hyo

Joo’s manager at the time, along with three

accomplices contacted the actress’ father and

demanded money and valuables saying they had

“photos relating to her personal life.”

Once Han Hyo Joo’s father confirmed with the actress

that she “did not do anything that would cause any

problems,” he reported them to the police. The

situation was clarified immediately, and the parties

charged are currently in police custody. Contrary to

what they claimed in their threat, police investigation

revealed that they did not have any personal photos of

Han Hyo Joo in their possession.

It is presumed the reason why Han Hyo Joo’s father

was targeted for this scheme was due to the fact that

Han Hyo Joo is a top actress famous for her pure and

innocent image. Former manager “A” and his

accomplices believed she and her father would fall for

a threat relating to her personal life.

A representative of Han Hyo Joo’s agency stated, “As a

person working in the entertainment industry, it is very

disappointing to see that this type of offense took

place. Even though Han Hyo Joo was blameless, these

kinds of incidents can potentially ruin an actress’

image. However, she had a strong will to take

immediate legal action.”

The police also made a statement saying, “There are

instances where people target celebrities and demand

things they usually wouldn’t from an ordinary citizen

just for the sole reason that they are public figures. The

charged parties targeted someone whose image may

become damaged even if their threats were based on

falsity. We plan to take action in order to prevent

similar incidents from occurring.”

Meanwhile, Han Hyo Joo received the award for “Best

Leading Actress” for her role in “Cold Eyes ” at the 34th

Blue Dragon Film Awards . Prior to the event, she also

received the “Best Leading Actress” award for the

same role at the 22nd Busan International Film

Festival

by SOOMPI

had to come back to post ....
i was sorry to read the news of hyo joo's former management blackmailing her and her family ... i can't fully understand why a picture of her and her boyfriend can be something to blackmail someone with! still ... i am glad that she was able to deal with it in the right way!
so ... if this news is true ... does that mean that hyo joo has a boyfriend already??!!  must be someone that is not in the industry .. or else it would have been in the news!
this kind of publicity is unwarranted coming from a time when everyone is happy with hyo joo's recent best actress win...i hope that she is okay ... and not to take this thing to heart! fighting!!!

I was really taken aback by the news.. How can an ex-manager do this? Fortunately it turned out well; her dad sure knows how to keep his cool and handle this kind of situation. If I remembered correctly, her dad is/was an air force officer right? I think her ex-manager picked the wrong target. Hope Hyo Joo can recover from the shock soon :) 

Okay I am seriously pissed. Those idiotic bastards! How could they? Poor Hyo Joo having to endure harsh netizens and now this! Glad that Hyo Joo's appa knows how to handle this situation. Serves them right! Hopefully Hyo Joo can faster recover from the shock and bring us her next project.. :)

November 25, 2013
HOPE Scores Best Film at 34th Blue Dragon AwardsAwards Show Features Diverse Winners by Pierce Conran KOBIZ

The 34th Blue Dragon Film Awards were held on Friday, November 22nd in Seoul with hosts YU Jun-sang and KIM Hye-soo. Demonstrating just how wide the field of contenders was this year, no clear winner emerged by night’s end with 12 films scooping up awards in 17 categories. Leading the pack by a thin margin was LEE Joon-ik’s Hope, which earned Best Film as well as Best Supporting Actress for LA Mi-ran and Best Screenplay for KIM Ji-hye and JO Joong-hoon. Among other big winners for the night was BONG Joon-ho, who earned Best Director for Snowpiercer, while his film also walked away with Best Art Design for Ondrej Nekvasil. HAN Hyo-joo nabbed Best Actress for her performance in popular thriller Cold Eyes while veteran performer HWANG Jung-min was given the Best Actor prize for his colorful turn in PARK Hong-joon’s gangster film New World. The last of the major awards went to LEE Jung-jae, who won Best Supporting Actor for his role in HAN Jae-rim’s The Face Reader. KIM Byung-woo was awarded Best New Director for his sophomore work The Terror, LIVE while PARK Ji-soo and YEO Jin-gu were named Best Supporting Actress and Actor for Mai Ratima and Hwayi, respectively. JANG Joon-hwan’s Hwayi also picked up a second award for Best Music, which went to artist Mowg. In the technical categories, RYU Seung-wan’s The Berlin File prevailed with wins for Best Cinematography and Lighting. The Technical Award went to KIM Jong-hwa’s 3D family film Mr. Go. In audience categories, performers LEE Byung-hun, SEOL Kyung-gu, KONG Hyo-jin and KIM Min-hee shared the Popularity Award while the runaway hit Miracle in Cell No. 7 was awarded the Audience Choice Award for Most Popular Movie. Lastly, Best Short went to JEON Hyo-jong’s Mija.

November 25, 2013
Han Hyo-joo subject of blackmail plot
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily
25202704.jpg

The Supreme Prosecutors’ Office said yesterday that actress Han Hyo-joo was the victim of an attempted extortion scheme by managers from her former agency Phantom Entertainment.
Allegedly, one manager and two others demanded 400 million ($376,600) from Han’s father for not distributing photos that would reveal information about her private life, according to local media reports yesterday.
The three people were arrested by the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office on the suspicion of attempted blackmail.
Han’s father reportedly approached his daughter with the threat. After she responded that she had done nothing that could be problematic, he called the police. 
Han’s father worked with the police from early this month, helping them locate the blackmailers. It appears they did not have any incriminating photos of the actress.
Han’s current agency, BH Entertainment, said Han had done nothing wrong and it would take firm actions against any blackmailing attempts. 

aryau

said: OMG OMG did u guys read the news article about Hyo Joo's ex-managers blackmailing her father? I am sooooo mad right now. Like it cannot get any worse for her.  X(

Here is the article, I don't wanna post it here just go to the site and read ithttp://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/11/han-hyo-joos-previous-manager-taken-into-custody-for-blackmailing-her-father#axzz2lceoLS5D

Okay, so her boyfriend was a thing of the past?~~~~~~~~

3 indicted for blackmailing actress Han Hyo-joo

By Min Si-kyoon | The Korea Herald
20131125001137_0.jpg

The Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office said Monday it indicted three men on charges of blackmailing actress Han Hyo-joo with photos she had taken years ago with her then-boyfriend. 

According to the prosecutors, a 36-year-old man surnamed Yun and two 29-year-old men surnamed Hwang and Lee are suspected of threatening Han’s family with “photos of her private life.” The suspects said they would release the photos to the press unless the family paid them 400 million won ($376,825).

Lee is believed to have stolen the photos from the actress’s digital camera when he worked as Han’s manager.

“Earlier in the month, Han’s father received a demand for money,” said an official from Han’s agency BH Entertainment. “After Han assured (the family) that she had not done ‘anything that would cause problems,’ the family reported the case to the police.”

The agency said the photos that Lee stole were not related to Han’s privacy.

geez! I wanna kick their asses, those rotten people who did evil to our hyo joo make me furious.. I'm glad they get arrested and hopefully hyo joo will forget about the whole things, including the award thing..I try to hold my anger in the past 3 days... but I can't stand it..not after I know about this news...how can they do that..threat her and her dad..geez..I wish the criminals get what they deserved so they can't do it anymore to other person..

What I'm afraid of is when she attends the opening ceremony of barrier free films festival on November 28th, the media will question her about this case..uhg..I hope that's only my imagination..be strong hyo joo, we will support you, always.

good god those miserable.. but with a dad like him, i'm sure hyo joo's fine. yes sue their richard simmons.
~but the photos were not related to her privacy?

Hi all, I've been silently lurking but this series of news about immature netizens and then blackmailing has truly been infuriating! >:P
it's good that she is taking a stand against those evil people. HJ is a smart gal and she always does the right thing!!! Hope she stays positive! We Hyohilics will always support her!

What it means is that HyoJoo has a pure image. We have never heard her have a bf ever right? So its bad for her image to be even seen with a guy, it necessarily does not have to be a bad image, just basically her and her bf taking a selfie is bad enough. According to S.Korea media, u cannot be pure if u date, PERIOD. And apparently they did not even have 16 pictures with them, so they were lying. I saw comments on twitter/tumblr/fb and ppl are supporting her by saying its not a crime to date and she was victimized. Also a lot of ppl are curious who her bf was/is. 

class="headline"Han Hyo Joo gets blackmailed by former manager with private photos

Actress Han Hyo Joo was the target of a blackmail attempt recently by her former manager and 2 others.

Han’s agency said, “At around 9:40AM on November 4th, the father of Han Hyo Joo received an anonymous call from a man who claimed that he had private photos of Han Hyo Joo. He threated Han’s father to not speak of this to Han Hyo Joo, and demanded 4 billion Korean won.”

The man added that he will turn the photos in to reporters if his demand for 4 billion won was not met. Han’s father then told Han Hyo Joo who replied, “I never did anything of that sort.” Han’s father then reported this to the police for investigations.

To crack the case and apprehend the suspects, Han’s father first sent 10,000,000 won to them and said the rest would follow later. The suspects were subsequently tracked down by police and apprehended on November 7th, with 1 being Han’s former manager plus 2 other conspirators.

Following the blackmail attempt, many have since focused their attention on the said private photos. This was not surprising since there had been many cases recently of female stars who had had their private photos leaked to the world through the internet.

Han’s agency revealed, “The said private photos were of Han Hyo Joo celebrating her birthday with her friends. There’s nothing questionable about them.” As for the 10,000,000 won that had been sent by Han’s father to the suspects, the agency added, “If the victim sends the money, the crime will change from threat to actual extortion, and thus a heftier sentencing.”

But many still have lingering doubts over the photos. This is especially as the suspects would not have just launched a blackmail attempt if they did not have the said photos as collateral. The police expressed, “For non-celebrities, this would appear to be something normal. But for celebrities, such blackmailing attempts becomes a standard on whether they have a clean private life.”

Regardless, it does appear that Han Hyo Joo has found herself in much woe recently, having had doubts raised by netizens about whether she was deserving of her Best Leading Actress win at the recent ‘Blue Dragon Film Awards’, and now this.

By: Sung Sun Kwak

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

cr: sg.yahoo

Han Hyo Joo's agency makes a statement about the people caught blackmailing her father

It was revealed that actress Han Hyo Joo's former managers were taken into custody for blackmailing her father, saying they wanted money in exchange for photos taken of her personal life.

On November 25, Han Hyo Joo's agency BH Entertainment released an official statement to inform the public and fans about the status of the matter. Their statement reads as follows:

"On November 4, an unidentified male made a threatening phone call to the father of our agency's actress Han Hyo Joo to demand money, saying 'Do not tell Han Hyo Joo and deposit 400 million won (~ 380,000 USD).'

Han Hyo Joo was consulted and she said, 'I never did anything that would cause a problem,' and so we decided it must be firmly handled as they seemed to be just using the simple reasoning that she's a public figure to blackmail so we reported it to the police right away. So since then her father has been cooperating with the police and the police were able to catch three people involved with the blackmail on November 7th.

The arrested party were all from Han Hyo Joo's previous agency that has gone out of business. The three had gotten to the point where they didn't have money for even their cell phone bill, so stuck in this dire situation, they had attempted to blackmail Han Hyo Joo's father.

Currently, they are in restricted confinement. It turned out that unlike their threats, the three did not even have any pictures that were out of the ordinary related to her private life...We will firmly respond to this act in which they indulged in blackmail on the grounds that she was a public figure."

cr: allkpop

Han Hyo Joo's former managers arrested for threatening her family

Article: [Exclusive] Han Hyo Joo reps feel "unfortunate" about her former managers being arrested for threatening her family

Source: OSEN via Nate

Three former managers called Han Hyo Joo's father claiming that they had compromising photos from her private life and demanded a sum of money from him. When asked, Han Hyo Joo told her father that she "never did anything that would pose a problem", causing her father to call the police. The men were eventually caught and arrested.

1. [+1,326, -27] "I never did anything that would pose a problem" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I love how she's so confident

2. [+1,176, -27] Yup, if you're confident, you have to be quick to take action like this

3. [+728, -22] Looks like those managers are going to jail...

4. [+98, -11] See? Her private life is so clean that she's able to take her former managers straight to the court with their lies

5. [+87, -12] Pretty cool of the father to report them to the police after believing in just that one phrase from his daughter.

cr: netizenbuzz

OMG.. how can they (ex-manager) stabbed HJ and her family only for money?? They threatening her father but they forgot her father trust his daughter word and action. if i'm not wrong her father really strict not allow her move to seoul and become an artist, although in the end he gave his permission cause he believe that his daughter would not cause any problem. HJ really respect her parents and HJ wouldn't disappoint her parent who trust her. HJ such a dutiful daughter. Like meaning of her name "Hyo = dutiful/obedient daughter".

I like how k-netizen give their support for HJ. Maybe this news come out yesterday because HJ didn't want make her big family and fans worry about her and want to focus for preparing japan fanmeet.

So they were birthday photos (according to her agency). I think that, if they really had 'something' they would have sold said photos to a media outlet, or at least approached HHJ first, not her dad who might be an easy target of a bluff. But I love how the Han family cannot be intimidated. The betrayal of trust is just sick. She probably spent more time with her managers than she did with her own family since she debuted and THIS. Who can she trust really? 
@urie, it seems hyo joo won by a landslide of  7 votes at BDA panel (1 for Kim Min Hee, 1 for Uhm Ji Won). From what i understand, i guess the judges (and critics) were looking for a different or more fresh kind of acting this time (her delicate or subtle acting) rather than the usual 'korean style' of good acting.