Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest allanpuge23

Hi All..,

Nooooo.... No falling in love for her well, well maybe i just expect to much that she will be part of that drama eventhough there is no news...

well but it's good that she will be in a new drama and its 50 ep's (well that's bad news cindy) and after reading the plot i think that her character is diff. than eun chae... but i read some article about the lead guy and saying that some of his last few drama's is all flop in ratings...

and she is giving birth??? wow that's new for her :D,and lastly tnx for all the updates this thread is very active in this last few days...

and cindy i noticed that in other artist thread that when they have a new drama or movie they update it in the front page but in HHJ is only pretty and cute :D.... well as i said i just notced that :D and i remeber i read one of your post in allkpopstar and your very angry about those jealous JJ fans....

^

Ahh.. *embarrassed. I was REALLLY cranky that day when I left that comment on Allkpop, haha. It just got sooo annoying with all the JJ fans who talked crap about Hyojoo. I can't handle immature fangirls, I'd rather take care of children. lol

Yeah, I know about the thread title.. but I don't know what to replace it with haha. And I'm kind of scared to change it because Pretty and Cute has been there since 2005 :P

I'm excited for Dong Yi to be honest! It'll definitely be interesting to see her take on this role, but it's a lot of pressure too >< To be called the next Lee Young Ae by the Dae Jang Geum PD is pretty badass lol.

And about Falling in Love.. she can always choose a romantic comedy in the future.. Maybe something better than Falling in Love :\ We still don't even know what the drama's about =.=

Ughhhhhhhhhh. Eun Chae, lol. I definitely think her character in Dong Yi will be more fleshed out, she is the main star of the drama so they're going to have to go in depth with her character and storyline if there are 50 episodes. I don't know about the guy Ji Jin Hee, but netizens are really supportive of him for his role, so I think it'll be fine. There's a lot of anticipation for Dong Yi~

- - - - -

Sponsors (Looks like it was for VIKI Fall Collection)

13732C0E4AF175601CEAB5.jpg

This is what I found about Choi suk-bin, the character which Hyo joo will portray in Dong Yi

Choi suk-bin

There are no records of her life before she became Sukjong's concubine. She was a water maid in the palace. One night, she was praying in her chamber for Inhyeon's wellness when Sukjong, who was crossing outside after a trip outside of the palace, heard her and, moved by her kindness (Sukjong was having his regrets at that time), made her his concubine. She became suk-bin after the birth of a son in 1694 and Princess Yeongsu.

She was given the posthumous title "Lady Hwagyeong, Royal Noble Consort Sook of the Choi clan" (화경숙빈최씨 和瓊淑嬪崔氏).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukjong_of_Joseon

I don't understand what her title means. But if I'm not mistaken, she is th mother of the main character in the series Yi san, King Jeong jo, who became Joseon's 22nd monarch.

And I now understand why it is Ji Jin Hee. He's the king at that time and his character will be alot older than Hyo joo's

Bashful, I'm glad you are also looking forward for this.

You are right about this being Hyo joo's great opportunity.

And really?...the PD said that about Hyo joo becoming the next LYA?...that's so much pressure for her...

I'm kind of nervous for her but I think she is casted and I think what he meant when he said something about tranquility was like how the Iljimae's PD said about his decision on choosing HHJ as Eun chae.

HHJ can project that gentle look.

Hyo Joo can play someone who is meek and kind. But judging from her character ( and a concubine) I am a 100% sure that this will be a lot more challenging than Eun chae.

sandixbabo, LYA is Lee Young Ae, the actress who played the main character in Dae JAng Geum.

I don't know anything about the plot for this series but based on the information regarding her character, Hyo joo will play a concubine with whom the king got attracted to because of her kindness. So that means she plays a good character, who just happens to become a concubine.

Han Hyo-joo to sign on for MBC drama

Actress Han Hyo-joo has been cast as the main female character in a new drama helmed by Lee Byung-hoon, producer of hit TV series "Jewel in the Palace" and "Isan".

"We will soon sign on for the drama after discussing further on the terms of the contract but the production company confirmed today that she has been cast to play the part," Han's agency BH Entertainment told Asia Economic Daily over the phone on Wednesday.

The drama, tentatively titled "Dong Yi" in English, is about the life of Dong Yi who grows up to become Choi Suk-bin, a consort of King Sukjong and the mother of King Youngjo during the Joseon Dynasty.

Lee teamed with script writer Kim Yi-yeong from "Isan" again to create the historical epic set for airing on MBC early next year.

Han became one of the most sought-after actresses in the entertainment industry this year after starring in TV series "Shining Inheritance" which ended its run triumphantly in July with a 47.1 percent viewership rate.

Senior Reporter : Moon Yong-sung lococo@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Edward: I hope Dong Yi is at least half as successful as Dae Jang Geum ><

That's all I'm praying for because I know DJG is like a huge success and had a hand in creating the Hallyu wave

For what's it worth.. I think you do a great job as a moderator :)

jelly_pudding: Haha you really liked Soul Special huh? :P

It got really weird in the later half of the drama.. Just a lot of random stuff.. lol

I didn't feel like the ending was sufficient enough in closing all the loose ends.

I think if Soul Special was a bit longer.. like about an hour longer, it would've been a lot better and flowed more easily.

And no, sorry, I don't know her brother's English name :( Just that his Korean name in English is Han Ji Hoon >< Sorry again!

kozuesan: Thanks for the excerpt on her character! Hmms.. so her early life is a mystery.. Maybe that's why the PD crew decided to do a storyline involving her character. Very curious to see how Hyojoo will look and anxious to see her acting in this drama. Sageuks are hard to film T_T Having to be in those heavy costumes and out in the country, away from a studio or away from the city. I remember Hyojoo had a hard time filming Iljimae because of the long hours and filming took place during Winter to early Spring (or was it Summer..)

Kind of disappointed to read that Hyojoo will be playing another "kind" character, I was kind of hoping to see her play someone devious haha.

I looked up Yi San on DramaWiki and it's actually about the 22nd king of the Joseon period. The son Choi Suk Bin gives birth to becomes the 21st king.

Ahh.. I wonder if there'll be another love interest for her because she's just one of the many concubines of the king's.

I'm looking forward to this because it's a HUGE opportunity. It's not everyday a young actress like Hyojoo can come across this kind of drama. It's a big budgeted drama with a high anticipations. I'm not the biggest fans of sageuks or even long dramas, but I'm going to give this drama a try. But I hope the beginning episodes of Young Choi Suk Bin don't drag for too long T_T lol

And yeah, the PD has a lot of faith in Hyojoo. Hyojoo being cast as the lead was already a rumor (from what I've read by netizens' comments) and netizens were questioning whether or not Hyojoo could live up to Lee Young Ae, but in the recent interview, the PD said he believes Dong Yi can be as explosive as Dae Jang Geum was because of Hyojoo, so we'll seee~~

I'm really feeling all the pressure for her though! lol

And this role is definitely going to be more challenging than Eun Chae, lol.

sandixbabo: She has about a month or two to grow out her hair... Generally, hair grows about half an inch a month, lol. She probably won't start filming until later because they have to film the early childhood scenes first, so that'll give her another month or so. Too bad I can't trade my hair with hers :P My hair is still super long after cutting off 4 inches, haha. If she wears a wig, I hope that it looks real and that it looks good on her =.= Lol

Where the heck did you hear that rumor?! LOL It sounds so ridiculous! Why would she wear a wig for Spring Waltz?! haha

Of course it was her real hair! :P

And no.. not possible for her to film Falling in Love and Dong Yi at the same time. Can you imagine how exhausting that would be? T_T She'd probably have to be sent to the hospital a couple of times again D8

What do you mean by you're seeing the old Hyojoo again? lol

Well, the articles are saying she's the protagonist, so she'll be the good guy haha

Guest jelly_pudding

bashful - keke, you don't have to be sorry... lols. thanks again for posting more videos up! i'm watching the "SBS TV Entertainment Tonight - Han Hyo Joo" right now.. tehe~ thanks again for posting it ^^ .. and about soul special.. i didn't understand it really.. i only watched kdw and han hyo joo's part.. but yeah, i really love kdw & hyo joo pair~! they are adorable together :]

Guest crazy-girl

I am a bit disappointed about the ** No more Falling In Love for HJ ** T__T

and I am not too fond of historical drama (( the only historical drama I watched was Iljimae >> because LJK & HJ were there )) ....

So since HJ is in Dong Yi I am SoOo gonna watch it .. I hope the storyline is good ..

& yeah we will get to see her with the long black hair again ^__^

OMG!!! HP's press conference will take place in Nov. 9th :D :D I can't believe it

Cindy, your wish finally came true. Congrats~

I'm also excited at seeing HJ and JJ together ;) we can see their backstage interaction :x

And about their kiss scene, I feel the way JJ put his hands on HJ's neck as if he tended to twist her neck =)) like vampire, both kiss and kill lol

Edward, I don't know what you gain in your jobtime but I believe that my friends' comments is exact b/c they're fair. They just praise those who is really good and talent :)