Pride & Prejudice , Anne Of Green Gables

I grew up in Holland with Western cinema and TV. 

Good old strong movies with a good mix of macho and feminine.

Circumstances years ago made me watch Anne Of Green Gables and read the books too. ( Books from 1908  )

In the same flow, I did read all of Jane Austen too, plus watch many adaptions of her books .( Favorite Pride and Prejudice 1995)

I was very active for some years in the main Anne of Green Gables-forum , ( Anne3, does not  excist anymore ) , and still have some good buddies in my FB.

Also still active in a Dutch forum dedicated to Jane Austen.

One of them , Canadian, lived in South Korea in 2009. She suggested I should try a Korean movie at least once. 

I did ...

11 years and many , many Kdramas/movies later , still there !

Lucy Maud Montgomery's and Jane Austen's books are all very multilevel, almost caleidoscopic.

Most of their film-adaptions too.

The thing that made me cling to Kdrama is the fact they are very caleidoscopic too often.

And...actors and actresses that can bring that out in a splendid way .

I know Anne Of Green Gables is wellknown in Japan and Korea. Jane Austen is known better in Japan  I understand.

My questions therefor are: 

Do you know the books and writers mentioned above ?

Do you recognize storylines in Kdrama ?

( To be fair: Rich Guy and Poor Girl-theme is one of the oldest in history with the Beauty and the Beast-theme found on a clay-tablet from 5500 years ago in Syria )

• 3 years later...
On 2/11/2020 at 1:21 PM, hank marvin said:

I grew up in Holland with Western cinema and TV. 

Good old strong movies with a good mix of macho and feminine.

Circumstances years ago made me watch Anne Of Green Gables and read the books too. ( Books from 1908  )

In the same flow, I did read all of Jane Austen too, plus watch many adaptions of her books .( Favorite Pride and Prejudice 1995)

I was very active for some years in the main Anne of Green Gables-forum , ( Anne3, does not  excist anymore ) , and still have some good buddies in my FB.

Also still active in a Dutch forum dedicated to Jane Austen.

One of them , Canadian, lived in South Korea in 2009. She suggested I should try a Korean movie at least once. 

I did ...

11 years and many , many Kdramas/movies later , still there !

Lucy Maud Montgomery's and Jane Austen's books are all very multilevel, almost caleidoscopic.

Most of their film-adaptions too.

The thing that made me cling to Kdrama is the fact they are very caleidoscopic too often.

And...actors and actresses that can bring that out in a splendid way .

I know Anne Of Green Gables is wellknown in Japan and Korea. Jane Austen is known better in Japan  I understand.

My questions therefor are: 

Do you know the books and writers mentioned above ?

Do you recognize storylines in Kdrama ?

( To be fair: Rich Guy and Poor Girl-theme is one of the oldest in history with the Beauty and the Beast-theme found on a clay-tablet from 5500 years ago in Syria )

How do I know this

• ferily locked this topic