Guest Airine Pratama

Kang Dong Won, Lee Yeon Hui, Gong Hyo Jin
Movie Description

M2007.jpg

note :: Gong Hyo Jin had join the cast.

The Main Casts

Kang Dong-won to Appear in Lee Myung-ses New Movie

0915_enter_1_l.jpg

Actor Kang Dong-won will once again work with director Lee Myung-se after appearing in Lees Duelist in 2005, which focused on physical acting rather than spoken dialogue. This time, he will appear in the romantic drama M.

Besides these works, Kang played a convict on death row in Our Happy Time, and a kidnapper in His Voice, expanding his acting capabilities.

In M, Kang will play Han Min-woo, a bestselling author in his late 20s trapped in a dim, mystic memory of love.

Shooting will start in late October with the aim of releasing the film around fall next year.

Credit : http://english.kbs.co.kr

Gong Hyo Jin is casted as the other female lead in the love triangle with Kang Dong Won and Lee Yun Hee in the movie "M", directed by Lee Myung Se. Filming is expected to begin in November.

20061030085734435e7_0.jpg

Source: Yahoo Korea

10/11/06 – Lee Yun Hee (이연희) will costar with Kang Dong Won in the movie “M”. She plays the role Mimi (미미), the lover of the main male character who is a mysterious killer. They develop sad romance. The director Lee Myung Se (이명세) states, “When I first saw Lee Yun Hee, I know that she would put in her best endeavor to play this sweet and endearing character Mimi. Thus, we decide to select her to play the heroine.” LYH’s latest movie was “The First Love of Millionaire (백만장자의 첫사랑)” costarring with Hyun Bin. She also performed in the drama “One Fine Day” and Jang Ri In (장리인)’s music video “Timeless”.

200610111713001120_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...610111713001120

The Storyline

minwooyr2.png

Related News

Posted: Wed., Oct. 18, 2006, 9:54am PT

Filmmakers Take Home Cash, Cache

Trio wins big at PPP

By DARCY PAQUET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hong Kong director Pang Ho Cheung, Korean director Lee Myung-se, and first-time helmer Lee Jong-hoon carted home the biggest cash awards at the 2006 Pusan Promotion Plan (PPP).

In a ceremony on Wednesday night, Pang's "One Day of Ibraham" was awarded the $20,000 Pusan Award from the city government for his film about a six-year old boy living in the northeast part of Kenya.

Lee's "M" starring local heartthrob Gang Dong-won picked up the Kodak Award, which provides 20 million won ($21,000) worth of film stock

Other prizes included the MBC Movies Award to Ryoo Seung-wan's period horror pic "Yacha"; the Cineclick Asia Award (which also includes the potential for a first look option on investment and international sales) to Iranian director Mohsen Makhmalbaf's "Two Footed Horse"; the BFC Award to Korean-American helmer Abraham Lim's "Hong Kong Hero"; the OFK Fund Award from the Overseas Korea Foundation to Mora Mi-ok Stephens' political thriller "The 38th Parallel"; and the Goteborg Film Festival Fund Award to Vietnamese director Nguyen Phan Quang Binh's "One Rainy Day".

Two Korean projects from the New Directors in Focus section were also awarded.

The LJ Award, which guarantees pic's production, was given to Lee Jong-hoon's "Ringwanderung". Meanwhile, Cho Chang-yeol's comedy "A Gold Rush" took home the Barunson Award.

Date in print: Thurs., Oct. 19, 2006,

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loving_D

gong hyo jin is the second lead? but shes so more experienced than lee yeon hee.

can't wait to see this. kangdongwon and gonghyojin!

Guest jihye87

interesting storyline .. but KDW's playing a 30+ guy ? hmmm .. doesn't look 30 at all .. haha .. Gong HyoJin should be the 1st lead wif her experience .. but YeonHee's the cute character they need to portray Mimi(mypillow'sname!) ..

Guest murdoc_19_2000

Kang Dong Won is damn okie but Lee Yun Hee... as how she acted in A Millionaire's first love, i dont think she will pull off well with Kang Dong Won... uhm, i mean, see who were Dong Won's partners. Gong Hyo Jin is still better..

:w00t::w00t: Gong Hyo Jin's a part of it. I love her. When I was watching her series w/Gong Yoo, I told myself I want to see her act alongside KDW. now my wish is gonna come true! I still find it odd that this film wouldnt be shown in Korea.

I also hope it'll be somehow a part of the Toronto Film Festival, since that's the only film event I can possibly go to <_<

Guest Airine Pratama

What an interesting storyline......so how many Mimi's are there or am I the only one confused?

There's one Mimi here, acted by Yeonhee ... It sounds like Mimi is a ghost and she's Han Min Woo's first girlfriend. That's why they need a fresh and young actress coz they describe Mimi as in her late teens or early twenties ...

Interesting ...

Kang Dong Won is damn okie but Lee Yun Hee... as how she acted in A Millionaire's first love, i dont think she will pull off well with Kang Dong Won... uhm, i mean, see who were Dong Won's partners. Gong Hyo Jin is still better..

I think this movie focus hard on Han Min Woo ... :sweatingbullets: Seems like that when i read the synopsis :D ...

• 2 months later...
Guest ripgal

okay, i am expecting another good one from Kang Dong Won.. he was great in Duelist and his recent movie Our Happy Time. And i like how he chooses characters with so much of depth. can't say anything about Yeon Hee yet, her performance in Millionaire was okay.. but definitely has potential..

Guest *`xiuzhen

This movie seems like it has a very mysterious storyline. I shall anticipate ^^

A lot of people aren't really sure of YeonHee's acting but I believe she can pull it off (: go girl.

Does anyone know when abouts during the year this film might be released? It seems like they're still filming it.

Guest MimoMimo

Yes i really wanna watch this movie!! i love kang dong won...i fell in love with him in tempation of wolves...and now there's a new movie coming out..i can't wait to see it...

And of course i am also very excited because the love interest of kang dong won in this movie has the same name as me...MIMI....ahhhhh...it'll be so nice for him to call my name...LOL

Guest Smelly Tofu

OMG I don't know...but mimi...hahah that's a funny name to me...seriously it's more like a nick nowadays...so the romance going to feature GDW calling out "mimi"...i don't know if I'm gonna laugh or not...but it's all good

I'm waiting for this and for maunday thursday to release at my place...so i can spend money...

thank you for the info and all of yeon hee's pics

She's not the best actress around town yet, but I have high hope for her...she does have potential...lol esp her trademark crying scene...

Guest Dahee Fanel

YES! Lee Myung Se's latest film! :D Can't wait!

Can't say much on the cast, except that Gong Hyo Jin will be sure to do a good job. Kang Dong Won and Lee Yeon Hee...They still have a ways to go, but Kang Dong Won seemed to suit Lee Myung Se's style in Duelist. Hwaiting!!

Archived