• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, this series turned out quite good (at least for me). I half-expected that i had to force myself to watch it only because of Pluem Purim. Cos i really liked him in "My Dear Loser: 17" and wanted to see him again. "Happy Birthday" seems like obvious choice since he is the lead here. And he was good, as well as the others actors. It's actually satisfying feeling when you don't have complains about acting, script and how it was filmed. I like that in this series there are no big dark secrets, unexpected twists, unnecessary drama, just people who make mistakes, misunderstand each other and sometimes fail to take care of each other as good as they wish to. Story by itself is sad since it's about the girl who killed herself and how it affected people connected to her and why she did it in the first place. But i can't say that it's dark or depressing, general mood is hopeful, ending is positive (it's not even spoiler, for this series it's most perfect way). But there were a lot of tears, especially in the second part of the series.))

Spoiler

My biggest sympathy is for Tanmai mom. Looking on her husband i wondering the same thing as once say Tanmai: why do you even stay with this man who fell so deep into grieving over his dead daughter that seems don't really care about you or your son. But she loved her family and tried to protected and keep it together (and probably had unlimited hope which eventually payed off). And yes, i feel sorry for him too, but i judge him much more. Yes, he changed at the end, hugged Tonmai, turned into normal dad, but past 17 years of basically ignoring are still here and it can't be changed.

Since Thannam is a ghost and only Tanmai can see her, i'd remembered another ghost-story of this year.:) Also most of songs what were used in "Happy Birthday" were familiar since i already heard them in HICTM.

I really look forward to see Pluem in some other series. Only his next project "One night steal" with Krist don't look very interesting for me.:ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived