Korea Plastic Surgery Experience

jinhoe

I'm a Singaporean went to Korea late 2016 to get a few treatments after seeing one of my closest friends get a similar procedure with amazing results. I am sharing my review to give insight to those who are considering traveling to other countries to get work done because I was very skeptical and hesitant in the beginning and it took a lot of courage for me to take an initiative. I’ll first share my before and afters and current photos. The before and afters were taken at the clinic using their nice camera without any filters. The after one is 7 days post op. The current photos are from last week. The procedures I had were double-eyelid surgery, fat injection for upper eyelid and levator revision. For those who aren’t familiar with levator surgery, its for those who have a lazy eye look due to weak eyelid muscles. They usually make an incision to make opening the eye easier. I got the original surgery back in 2015 but the doctor at regen pointed out some flaws that I chose to fix. I had to get fat injected in my upper eyelids if I wanted to get double-eyelid because my skin was too thin in that area. So if any of you plan on getting double-eyelid, there is a possibility you might have to get a prerequisite procedure done. I’ll be honest, for like the first couple of weeks, I did not like my initial results for my eyelids. If you look at my afters, my eyelids look really thick and unnatural and I thought that’s what it was going to look like but the surgeon kept reassuring me once the swelling goes down, it will look more natural. If your surgeon tells you this, trust him. I personally think out of everyone I know who has gotten double-eyelid, mine looks the most natural. My bf doesn’t even know I got double-eyelid surgery. I’ll share information about the process in my next post.

DVZlMpW.jpg

JartU9I.jpg

nF1S7Sd.jpg

24 minutes ago, taehee87 said:

Your eyes look so nice omg. Did the surgeon say you NEED the fat injection before double-eyelid or say it would be better if you did? My eyelids are super thin =(

His words were ‘highly recommend it’ and I believed it and it didn’t cost that much extra so I got it done. But it was more of his explanation of why I needed that persuaded me.

So I live in Singapore and there are tons of plastic surgery clinics here. Maybe not as much as South Korea but definitely a lot. Also most of my girl friends have had some type of surgery done but one of my besties got double-eyelid surgery in Korea while she was vacationing and her results caught my eye. I went to the same clinic she went to however there was one other place nearby that clinic I also went to for a consultation. Just like Singapore, they give free consultations online however in retrospect, how sincere they are in the online consultation in a way reflects their staff’s attentiveness to patients. I got two online consultations from Regen plastic surgery and Cinderella plastic Surgery. My friend went to the former, however I decided to get an online consultation at Cinderella as well since their site seemed fancier and they were both within walking distance. When I made the inquiry online, I did so via the LINE chat app after giving my information. They had a someone who was able to write in English communicate with me and I sent a few pics and provided information on what I wanted, cost, logistics if I did go to Korea. Cinderella took a few hours after my messages to respond which kind of annoyed me since I’m sure they had someone to monitor the inquires via app all the time, or at least should have. Regen had someone respond right away and they gave replies that were 3 times as long as Cinderella with an estimate of cost that had less of a gap than Cinderella. I did however get the responses I wanted from both and bought my planet ticket a few days later and made my reservations for my stay at a nearby hotel. The hotel was called Suho hotel if you must know. It’s not the fanciest, but it was the closest to both of the clinics. I was there for strictly surgery, not vacation so I didn’t mind at all. When I arrived in Korea, I got some help from a Korean who spoke English and got a bus that stopped like a 3 min walk from my hotel which was nice. After I checked in, I used google maps and went to Regen. The place is right next to the big kyobo book store, a big brown building. Regen was also pretty big. It looked much bigger than Singapore clinics, which are only like 3-4 floors. This one was around 15. I messaged the staff when I was at the bottom and she instructed me to go to a floor and met me there (I can’t remember exactly which floor it was). We exchanged a short convo and she guided me to the waiting area. I don’t remember waiting too long and then I was taken to Dr. Kim’s office. The surgeon was kind of older and couldn’t speak English. I had a translator there with me though so I didn’t feel there was any miscommunication. I told him I wanted double-eyelid surgery and after he checked my face, he asked if I had levator surgery which surprised me since I did in 2015. He also said that the skin in my upper eyelids were very thin and that if I chose to get double-eyelid, there was a chance I would need revision, which I did not want. He then told me I could prevent that by getting a fat injection and also a revision for my previous levator surgery. He put some tools in my eyelids and explained with a lot of good detail on how I would look, how thick my eyelid would be and what he would do to make it look more natural. I told him although my time in Korea is short that I was going to one more place for a consultation and he was still very polite. I walked to Cinderella plastic surgery which looked close on google maps but was actually like a 25 min walk. I arrived there and its on the 4th floor of the intersection at Gangnam station. I met with their staff their and went directly to the waiting room waited for around 20 minutes. Everything felt similar to their online consultation, very rushed, fast and very little conversating. But their staff did smile a lot. I met with their surgeon, whose name I can’t remember. (I guess I only remember Dr. Kim since he performed my surgeries). I told him I wanted eye-lid surgery and he asked me how big I want the eyelids to be and said I should get a partial incision method and why its better. And he also said the other things such as recovery time but did not mention anything about the fat injection of my Levator surgery which impressed me even more about Dr. Kim. After I asked him a few questions, he left his office before I did. Then the staff told me the steps I would need to do if I did my surgery there and I left. I walked to my hotel which took a bit but decided during the long walk I was going to do at Regen. It’s hard to explain with words. When you get something done on your face that involves cutting the skin, a big influence for me is how the place feels in terms of how important I feel to them as a person and patient and Regen was the better choice for that. I remember messaging the staff at regen and said I was going to do all 3 procedures with them but I wanted to rest that day at the hotel since my legs were killing me from walking. I went back to Regen the next day and did a bit of negotiating as all asians like to do lol. I got the price down for all 3 procedures to around just under 3.5 million won which was a little over 4200 SGD at the time. I reserved the surgery date for the next day but it required a 10% deposit to do. However I just decided to pay it all at once there for less hassle. I signed a few papers and went back to regen the next day. On the day of surgery I remember quite well.I had to take a few tests to get ready and this took around 1 hour. Afterwards, once everything was cleared, the staff took me to a room to have me change my clothes into hospital type clothes, which were pretty comfortable.I then went to the operating room and met with their anesthesiologist and Dr. Kim. I wasn’t completely asleep but kind of awake when they removed the fat from my armpit. Then I got local anesthesia on my eye area and Dr. Kim injected the fat into my eyelids. I didn’t feel anything at all and it seemed pretty fast. I couldn’t tell which eye procedure he was going when he was performing but I he did ask me to open my eyes a couple of times and the surgery ended. I think it took around 45 minutes. Right after surgery a nurse took me to a recovery room and applied some cream on my eyes. Once the local anesthesia wore off, my eyes felt very tight and hurt a bit but I was expecting that anyways. After one final check from Dr. Kim, I went back to my hotel and was instructed to return on the 2nd and 7th day post op which I did. They were mostly visits to apply more cream on my eyes and a check to see the recovery. On the 7th day I got the stitches removed and a final ok from Dr. Kim and I was cleared to head home which I did that very day. And that concludes my surgery trip. I want to share some tips that will help those who wish to travel for surgery. 1) Make sure to get a hotel that is close to the hospital. Although the place I got was close to Regen, it was not a comfortable walking distance to the other place I got a consultation at. 2) Not all clinics are the same. You will definitely notice a difference when you visit different places so try to visit more than one place to get an actual feel. 3) Swelling will go down quite significantly after surgery so don’t be scared that what you look like right after surgery will be how you look later on. 4) Don’t be scared to visit another country for surgery. If you plan on going to Seoul, its really easy to go around using the subway and everything is in English as well. 5) Take something with you such as a laptop or some form of entertainment while you rest in the hotel or you will be bored trust me. When my eyes were sore, going out and checking out Seoul was the least on my mind. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I did not have my laptop to keep me busy. If you guys have any questions, you can make a comment or message me directly.

1 hour ago, jinhoe said:

His words were ‘highly recommend it’ and I believed it and it didn’t cost that much extra so I got it done. But it was more of his explanation of why I needed that persuaded me.

So I live in Singapore and there are tons of plastic surgery clinics here. Maybe not as much as South Korea but definitely a lot. Also most of my girl friends have had some type of surgery done but one of my besties got double-eyelid surgery in Korea while she was vacationing and her results caught my eye. I went to the same clinic she went to however there was one other place nearby that clinic I also went to for a consultation. Just like Singapore, they give free consultations online however in retrospect, how sincere they are in the online consultation in a way reflects their staff’s attentiveness to patients. I got two online consultations from Regen plastic surgery and Cinderella plastic Surgery. My friend went to the former, however I decided to get an online consultation at Cinderella as well since their site seemed fancier and they were both within walking distance. When I made the inquiry online, I did so via the LINE chat app after giving my information. They had a someone who was able to write in English communicate with me and I sent a few pics and provided information on what I wanted, cost, logistics if I did go to Korea. Cinderella took a few hours after my messages to respond which kind of annoyed me since I’m sure they had someone to monitor the inquires via app all the time, or at least should have. Regen had someone respond right away and they gave replies that were 3 times as long as Cinderella with an estimate of cost that had less of a gap than Cinderella. I did however get the responses I wanted from both and bought my planet ticket a few days later and made my reservations for my stay at a nearby hotel. The hotel was called Suho hotel if you must know. It’s not the fanciest, but it was the closest to both of the clinics. I was there for strictly surgery, not vacation so I didn’t mind at all. When I arrived in Korea, I got some help from a Korean who spoke English and got a bus that stopped like a 3 min walk from my hotel which was nice. After I checked in, I used google maps and went to Regen. The place is right next to the big kyobo book store, a big brown building. Regen was also pretty big. It looked much bigger than Singapore clinics, which are only like 3-4 floors. This one was around 15. I messaged the staff when I was at the bottom and she instructed me to go to a floor and met me there (I can’t remember exactly which floor it was). We exchanged a short convo and she guided me to the waiting area. I don’t remember waiting too long and then I was taken to Dr. Kim’s office. The surgeon was kind of older and couldn’t speak English. I had a translator there with me though so I didn’t feel there was any miscommunication. I told him I wanted double-eyelid surgery and after he checked my face, he asked if I had levator surgery which surprised me since I did in 2015. He also said that the skin in my upper eyelids were very thin and that if I chose to get double-eyelid, there was a chance I would need revision, which I did not want. He then told me I could prevent that by getting a fat injection and also a revision for my previous levator surgery. He put some tools in my eyelids and explained with a lot of good detail on how I would look, how thick my eyelid would be and what he would do to make it look more natural. I told him although my time in Korea is short that I was going to one more place for a consultation and he was still very polite. I walked to Cinderella plastic surgery which looked close on google maps but was actually like a 25 min walk. I arrived there and its on the 4th floor of the intersection at Gangnam station. I met with their staff their and went directly to the waiting room waited for around 20 minutes. Everything felt similar to their online consultation, very rushed, fast and very little conversating. But their staff did smile a lot. I met with their surgeon, whose name I can’t remember. (I guess I only remember Dr. Kim since he performed my surgeries). I told him I wanted eye-lid surgery and he asked me how big I want the eyelids to be and said I should get a partial incision method and why its better. And he also said the other things such as recovery time but did not mention anything about the fat injection of my Levator surgery which impressed me even more about Dr. Kim. After I asked him a few questions, he left his office before I did. Then the staff told me the steps I would need to do if I did my surgery there and I left. I walked to my hotel which took a bit but decided during the long walk I was going to do at Regen. It’s hard to explain with words. When you get something done on your face that involves cutting the skin, a big influence for me is how the place feels in terms of how important I feel to them as a person and patient and Regen was the better choice for that. I remember messaging the staff at regen and said I was going to do all 3 procedures with them but I wanted to rest that day at the hotel since my legs were killing me from walking. I went back to Regen the next day and did a bit of negotiating as all asians like to do lol. I got the price down for all 3 procedures to around just under 3.5 million won which was a little over 4200 SGD at the time. I reserved the surgery date for the next day but it required a 10% deposit to do. However I just decided to pay it all at once there for less hassle. I signed a few papers and went back to regen the next day. On the day of surgery I remember quite well.I had to take a few tests to get ready and this took around 1 hour. Afterwards, once everything was cleared, the staff took me to a room to have me change my clothes into hospital type clothes, which were pretty comfortable.I then went to the operating room and met with their anesthesiologist and Dr. Kim. I wasn’t completely asleep but kind of awake when they removed the fat from my armpit. Then I got local anesthesia on my eye area and Dr. Kim injected the fat into my eyelids. I didn’t feel anything at all and it seemed pretty fast. I couldn’t tell which eye procedure he was going when he was performing but I he did ask me to open my eyes a couple of times and the surgery ended. I think it took around 45 minutes. Right after surgery a nurse took me to a recovery room and applied some cream on my eyes. Once the local anesthesia wore off, my eyes felt very tight and hurt a bit but I was expecting that anyways. After one final check from Dr. Kim, I went back to my hotel and was instructed to return on the 2nd and 7th day post op which I did. They were mostly visits to apply more cream on my eyes and a check to see the recovery. On the 7th day I got the stitches removed and a final ok from Dr. Kim and I was cleared to head home which I did that very day. And that concludes my surgery trip. I want to share some tips that will help those who wish to travel for surgery. 1) Make sure to get a hotel that is close to the hospital. Although the place I got was close to Regen, it was not a comfortable walking distance to the other place I got a consultation at. 2) Not all clinics are the same. You will definitely notice a difference when you visit different places so try to visit more than one place to get an actual feel. 3) Swelling will go down quite significantly after surgery so don’t be scared that what you look like right after surgery will be how you look later on. 4) Don’t be scared to visit another country for surgery. If you plan on going to Seoul, its really easy to go around using the subway and everything is in English as well. 5) Take something with you such as a laptop or some form of entertainment while you rest in the hotel or you will be bored trust me. When my eyes were sore, going out and checking out Seoul was the least on my mind. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I did not have my laptop to keep me busy. If you guys have any questions, you can make a comment or message me directly.

That was a great review. I really thank you for writing all that.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 5:58 AM, fbacker said:

Blepharoplasty candidates are usually 35 years and older, however, if droopy and baggy eyelids are common in your family, you may decide to have the procedure at a younger age.

A few medical conditions make blepharoplasty riskier. These include thyroid problems (e.g., hypothyroidism and Graves’s disease), dry eye or lack of sufficient tears, hypertension or other circulatory problems, cardiovascular conditions and diabetes. Eye diseases such as detached retina or glaucoma require caution.

:( I have dry eyes problems ...

I wanted to go to Asia for double eyelid surgery. I'm afraid of shadow doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?vvGdR3CfcFFo

Many influencers got their surgery at Banobagi through the help of Docfinder Korea. So, I was tempted. It's  expensive when people reveal the price. Influencers receive a discount too. I don't think I'll do it anymore.

• 9 months later...
  • SC2019 locked this topic

Archived