Breakdancing Vs Krump Dancing

LucasBunny

sure koreans bboy are not the best dancers

BUT FAR GOT BEST POWERMOVES (check KYS....he IS the man) lol =) and tricks (darkness, baek or physix)

but for me best popper is salah =)

and krump... is gay -.- dance for monkeys

sure koreans bboy are not the best dancers

BUT FAR GOT BEST POWERMOVES (check KYS....he IS the man) lol =) and tricks (darkness, baek or physix)

but for me best popper is salah =)

and krump... is gay -.- dance for monkeys

I already know they are amongst the best in the world, but they are not the best of the best like people say they are, I keep hearing they are the greatest, people just exclude other countries, Japan is good, Africa is crazy, and New York is just the bomb.

and that's only recently, bboying is still young and in it's young age koreans have not been into it

It just bothers me that some people try to act like all of a sudden koreans are the best bboys, not talking about u Stella:).

U see I'm a proud New Yorker:) and I love everything from here, so it offends me when people try to make assumptions.

I live in NYC, where it originated and they do it all the time over here and I've seen better, just like I've seen better korean bboys than in NYC.

there are crazy bboys in New Zealand, Africa etc.

I'm not a huge breakdancing expert, but I know enough.

People are entitled to there opinions, but I'm just keeping it real like I always do.

So dun think I'm trying to trash bboys from korea cuz I'm not

I know how good they are, I saw on tv how some guys were intimidated by them.

and I think people don't understand Krump dancing, people seem to think it's just a retarded dance when actually there is history behind it and it explains why it looks so dumb.

Guest uiyoltan

Krumping and breaking should stay far, far, far away from each other for numerous reasons. Breaking vs Breaking: ok. Krumping vs Krumping: ok. Breaking vs Krumping: NO

1st of all, breakers and krumpers dance to totally different styles of music (although it is generally realized that breakers can dance to any music... if they really wanted to).

Breakers: funk and beat breaks. They dance to James Brown-influenced songs, and to some extent, more Michael Jackson styled music. If they dance to rap, it would be rap by artists like Black Moon, KRS One, Freestyle Fellowship, etc. I've even seen a breaker dance to classical music.

Krumpers: Rap. Mostly club bangers, gangsta rap, southern rap... G-Unit-type songs. If you ever see a krump comp with James Brown playing in the background, let me know.

I saw this one comp between breakers and krumpers. They were battling to the "standard" gansta rap music. However, the DJ suddenly decided to switch to James Brown's "Give it up or turn it loose." The krumpers got SCREWED. It was mad funny watching the krumpers try to dance to James Brown.

2nd of all, alot of krumpers and breakers hate each other. Simple as that. Breakers claim that krumping isn't a dance (just waving your hands all over the air without actually hitting the beats), while krumpers say that breaking is all tricks.

Oh, and I respect crumbs alot. He probably just did that sort of krump vs breaking stuff because he got money for it. If I was offered, I probably would have done it to. But besides that, breakers should not battle krumpers.

Would you do ballet vs latin dances? I don't think so.

Guest stellabella

I don't know what Krump dancing is....but I think I have an idea. Is it like...really awkward to watch because there are guys shaking their booties and whatnot?

We have this hip hop dance group at our school and when they performed....it did NOT look like hip hop. Looked like disturbing and weird dancing to me. Like that little clip or gif LucasBunny posted in her first post. I didn't see it just now though...did you take it off? It was the one of the asian kid.

Guest tokyollvogue

for a look into krump watch "rize", i don't generally know much about this style of dance but the director David Lachapelle is on of my favorite photographers and now directors.

B000ARFPOO.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I don't know what Krump dancing is....but I think I have an idea. Is it like...really awkward to watch because there are guys shaking their booties and whatnot?

We have this hip hop dance group at our school and when they performed....it did NOT look like hip hop. Looked like disturbing and weird dancing to me. Like that little clip or gif LucasBunny posted in her first post. I didn't see it just now though...did you take it off? It was the one of the asian kid.

Here it is

POPIT.gif

dun worry that's not krump dancing lol

Guest BboyOrion

btw the crew is probably named style elements and crumbs is currently battling with killafornia.

also you can not compare two different styles of dancing between each other just doesnt work. Its like tango and hip hop. Both have a great passion of dance/art but in two different ways.

IMO krumping isnt really dancing. Doesnt hit beats doesnt flow with the music, maybe i dont no the history behind so please entertain me. It just doesnt work it for me.

Kys may be a crazy powermover but korea is not the best. Sure Kys may have the "Best powermoves" but if u look where the most 90s, 2000s, headspins, airflares none of those catergories are in korea.

Another point, up into know darkness was not a bboy. if u look at his style he does handstand stuff and flips. To me that is a gymnast. At least now hes getting the idea and starting to dance.

Guest ryisakooguy

Krumping and breaking should stay far, far, far away from each other for numerous reasons. Breaking vs Breaking: ok. Krumping vs Krumping: ok. Breaking vs Krumping: NO

^i was waiting for someone to say that.

i remember hearing this discussin over at the mr wiggles forums and even people were thinkin the same thing. bboyin is just a HUGE difference from krumpin. if they wanted to make a closer battle they could of done poppers vs krumpin, which imo, think is more of a related style than bboy n krumpin.

korea...haha oh man the land of all dancers. yes, their bboys are insane there. i gotta admit i like koreas breakers than any other places but after watching tha red bull challenge and saw lilou...daymn. all the breakers in the challenge was awesome tho.

i also read from early that nam hyun joon is the best popper. n yes i do agree with that. too good but then i heard someone sayin that the only thing they saw him do was pop. thats not the point here...nam does break here n there as well. he sometimes actually incoperates his pop style and mixes it with a bboy style. not very much poppers ive seen do this which is why i like him because, hes different than the other poppers mixing a whole lotta styles together in one but also keeping it clean. he doesnt do a lot of breakin just because his main style is poppin. i rather dance to a style that im most comfortable with than rather than a style that im not familiar with.

oh i also heard from that video that the bboys won but i heard the krumpin...or actually the clowners put up a good battle. oh, and i heard that the bboys just took over the floor, sometimes not even allowing the krumpers to have their share on floor. then when the bboys won they didnt even show any respect towards the krumpers. which i didnt think was koo. i like them battles where each dancer shows respect towards on another. it really shows that even tho their styles are different from one another, there still doing one thing...which is dancing. keepin dancing alive...right?

neways heres a good bboy clip with that respect i was talkin about. zero nine vs baek.

Guest stellabella

Got it. just youtubed "Krump Dancing" and now I know what it is.

All I have to say is..... :w00t:

So funny. Do they do competitions for this kind of dancing? Because most of the moves seem repetitive...doesn't seem like theres a variety of things you could do to keep it in the same genre. Maybe I was just watching crappy krumping though.

Got it. just youtubed "Krump Dancing" and now I know what it is.

All I have to say is..... :w00t:

So funny. Do they do competitions for this kind of dancing? Because most of the moves seem repetitive...doesn't seem like theres a variety of things you could do to keep it in the same genre. Maybe I was just watching crappy krumping though.

Yeh it is kinda repitive

but it looks nice if you know how to do it

Se7en does it and so does Big Bang, Tae Yang does it at the very end of the Lala la video

and the thing is that they have the people who invented the dance teaching them.

at first I hated how Big Bang did it, but I think Tae yang got better, I just think he's too neat.

I knew someone was going to say that the best bboys were from Korea, which is not true

they have great bboys but certainly not the best

U see I don't breakdance, but I love all styles of dancing and I pay close attention

Those guys u showed were really good, but bboying has become popular in Korea, so some people automatically assume that they are the best, I have heard that numerouse times

well its true that vegabonds(france) won the latest bboy competition

but second to them was a korean team lastforone

and in other competitions other then the world bboy ones, koreas teams are always up there

as well as solo competitors

korea overall is the best and if your gonna say their not, why dont you put some evidence?

because i can easily post up a bunch of results with korean bboys at the TOP

but i dont feel like wasting my time unless you have some evidence yourself to prove that koreans aernt the best at breakdancing

btw these guys with their crumping? sux

its just trying to innovate something that dosent really need to be innovated and any major korean bboy team would smoke them

their too slow, even their timing is off and their moves are amatuer power moves =/

Guest sunnydays.

LMAO. Darn. someone already said what I was gonna say. =P

Both should not be compared, like competition-wise... they have different styles, they require different needs. Different cultures & music, different players. Some people like breaking beter, others like krumping better.

Personally, I like both. Breaking amazes me... I get so mezmerized whenever a (good) breaker bends so crazily, and then does all the aerial stuff, and then keeps spinning and spinning and spinning... it just looks so AWESOME. Breaking is more graceful and reminds me of something flying. On the other hand, krumping, is so aggressive, it makes me feel so energized and pumped up and competitive. It's amazing how krumping is so CREATIVE - it's not quite like breaking, where one move is considered a "flare" or a windmill.

About Korea and their breakers... oh yes, they are AMAZING. They are definately one of the best, no question. But there maybe other countries and other groups of people from other countries who are or can be as good as them.

Guest stellabella

Yeh it is kinda repitive

but it looks nice if you know how to do it

Se7en does it and so does Big Bang, Tae Yang does it at the very end of the Lala la video

and the thing is that they have the people who invented the dance teaching them.

at first I hated how Big Bang did it, but I think Tae yang got better, I just think he's too neat.

Yeah I noticed that, Seungri, G-dragon, and Youngbae all krump dance right? I think I notice Seungri doing it the most. I've never noticed Se7en doing it though... :w00t:

well its true that vegabonds(france) won the latest bboy competition

but second to them was a korean team lastforone

and in other competitions other then the world bboy ones, koreas teams are always up there

as well as solo competitors

korea overall is the best and if your gonna say their not, why dont you put some evidence?

because i can easily post up a bunch of results with korean bboys at the TOP

but i dont feel like wasting my time unless you have some evidence yourself to prove that koreans aernt the best at breakdancing

btw these guys with their crumping? sux

its just trying to innovate something that dosent really need to be innovated and any major korean bboy team would smoke them

their too slow, even their timing is off and their moves are amatuer power moves =/

Bull crap

if you pay attention to breaking you would know overrall they are not the best

You just said it yourself that France just won but Korea is up there

Japan has been up there, just stop being so biased

if you were having this discussion with true break dancers they would tell you that

korea is not the best overrall, no country is because some lack things that others are good at and vice versa.

they are amongst the best, not the best don't get it twisted.

and we are not comparing krumpers to korean bboys were comparing them to all bboys

when I watched the documentary it explained alot because the guy who was in charge of the breakers

(not crumbs) another older guy, he was like one of the best of the best back in the day, and at first he thought krumping was stupid and retarded, but when they competed against the breakers he saw it as more than a flinging arms thing and that's how they tied it, and this guy was like crazy breaker back in the days when breaking started so nobody's going to sit there and tell me different, but I can see why people think it's stupid, if Styles Elements didnt smoke them I doubt if korean bboys would smoke them, remember don't underestimate anyone, not even that stupid chicken noodle soup dance.

Watch movies like Breakin, Beat Street, stuff like that

korea was introduced to breakdancing as well as the rest of the world

so they are students and the students cannot surpass the teachers, stop trying to act like korea owns the world of bboying because that's what some of you act like and you know damn well it's not true

to the mega man avatar (love it lol) no the breakers didnt win

it was a tie, but you were right, the breakers werent being professional, only crumbs was

but his whole crew was just cocky and disrespecting the krumpers, I bet people would have expected the opposite

and yup StellaBella lol, that was Big Bang doing it

Se7en wasnt doing it, but his dancers were in the "Crazy" video

that guy "Dragon" is also a dancer for chris brown and that's why u see Chris Brown Krumping alot

this is a korean dominated forum, if the koreans say so, then there is no arguing since there is so much biase lol

You know your right lol, it's really sad though, next thing you know koreans are going to be the best rappers and r&b singers lol (sarcasm that's all it is, plz dun take offence)

but people are turning it into a bigger deal than it is jesus

I wasnt trying to single out breakers you know, I was only discussing breaking vs krumping

not "Korean bboys being the best in the world" and here people come with that <_< I don't care what they say I know what I know, some people are only visually pleased by things :rolleyes:

I don't care I aint discussin that anymore

because this is a topic about "Breaking vs Krumping" not about korean bboys being the best.

One thing and one thing only, if u aint gonna answer the question then don't say nothing because it has nothing to do with anything, either your for breaking or krumping

go to KrumpKings.com to learn about that docu

but if u have starzblack then you can watch it

Archived