tvN Presents

The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World  

세상에서 가장 아름다운 이별    

Director

Hong Jong-chan

(Live Up to Your Name, Dear My Friends)

Writer

Noh Hee Kyung

(Dear My Friends, "It's Ok, This is Love")

Episodes: 4

Broadcast Period

2017-Dec-09 to 2017-Dec-17,  Saturday and Sunday 21:00

About the Show

An ordinary middle-aged woman (Won Mi-Kyung) has devoted her life to her family. She is diagnosed with terminal cancer and must prepare her goodbye to her family.

Production Information

"The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World " takes over the tvN Sat. & Sun. 21:00 time slot previously occupied by "Revolutionary Love."
Remake of 1996 MBC drama series "The Most Beautiful Goodbye."
No Hee-Kyung wrote the original screenplay for the 1996 MBC drama series "The Most Beautiful Goodbye" and also writes the screenplay for the 2017 tvN version.
Related titles:
The Most Beautiful Goodbye |  (MBC / 1996)
The Last Blossom |  (2011)

Cast

Won Mi Kyung as Kim In Hee

Yoo Dong Geun as Jung Chul (Kim In Hee’s husband)

Kim Young Ok as Grandma (Kim In Hee’s mother-in-law)

Choi Ji Woo as Jung Yun Soo (Kim In Hee’s daughter)

Choi Min Ho as Jung Jung Soo (Kim In Hee’s son)

Supporting Cast

Yoo Jae Myung as Kim Geun Duk (Kim In Hee’s younger brother)
Yum Hye Ran as Kim Geun Duk’s wife
Lee Hee Joon as In Chul
Kim Tae Woo as Young Suk
Maeng Sang Hoon as Jung Bak Sa
Gil Hae Yun as Yun Bak Sa
Son Na Eun as Jae Young (Jung Soo’s girlfriend)
Yoo Jae Myung as Kim Geun Duk

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki | Koreandrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World 세상에서 가장 아름다운 이별 (remake)
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh,  the title  alone sounds beautiful. A beautiful.... tearjerker. Remake of her earlier work? I watched her dramas  DMF, TWTWB, Padam, Padam? I think I'm not sure. That's all I know.  I'll check this and watch. Thanks for the thread.

OCT 18 2017

Choi Ji-Woo offered leading role in tvN drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World”

DMZcmvcWkAAg6On.jpg

Choi Ji-Woo has been offered a leading role in upcoming tvN drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World.” Won Mi-Kyung and Kim Young-Ok are already cast in the drama series. Currently, Choi Ji-Woo is considering the offer.

The drama series is a remake of 1996 MBC drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye.” 2011 movie “The Last Blossom” is also a remake of the 1996 MBC drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye.” No Hee-Kyung, who wrote the original screenplay for the 1996 MBC drama series, will write the screenplay for tvN’s new version.

“The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World” will first air this December in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-ji-woo-offered-leading-role-in-tvn-drama-series-the-most-beautiful-goodbye-in-the-world

Well I hope she says yes. I want to see her act in good old fashioned drama. And with a good writer for this one, maybe it'll be reminiscent of classic Beautiful  Days. Stairway To Heaven, and Winter Sonata. Only 3 dramas I've seen her. 

Thanks for the updates. Hope to see more cast updates  as the drama casting goes.

October 19, 2017

Actress Choi Ji-woo cast in remake series written by star writer

SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- Actress Choi Ji-woo will appear in a classic drama that is being remade after 21 years, cable channel tvN said Thursday.

The actress will play a daughter of a cancer-battling mother in the series "The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World," originally broadcast in 1996.

Written by popular screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung of "Dear My Friends," "It's Okay, That's Love" and "That Winter, the Wind Blows," the '90s series received the best drama award from the Baeksang Arts Awards.

The four-episode drama depicts the mother's journey to prepare to say goodbye to her family after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

It will succeed "Revolutionary Love," starring Super Junior's Choi Si-won, and is scheduled to be aired in December.

This photo provided by YG Entertainment is of actress Choi Ji-woo. (Yonhap)

This photo provided by YG Entertainment is of actress Choi Ji-woo. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

OCT 19 2017

Choi Ji-Woo and Minho cast in tvN drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World”

DMehuknU8AIxl1r.jpg

Choi Ji-Woo and Minho (‘SHINee’) are cast in upcoming tvN drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World.” Choi Ji-Woo will play Yeon-Soo. Her mother (Won Mi-Kyung) gets diagnosed with a terminal disease. Meanwhile, Minho will Jung-Soo. He is the younger brother of Yeon-Soo. He learns that his mother doesn’t have much time to live. The drama series is a remake of 1996 MBC drama series “The Most Beautiful Goodbye.”

“The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World” will consist of 4 episodes and first air December, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-ji-woo-and-minho-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-the-most-beautiful-goodbye-in-the-world

Choi Ji Woo And SHINee’s Minho To Star In Remake Of Classic Drama

Choi-Ji-Woo-Minho.jpg

Choi Ji Woo and SHINee member Minho have joined the cast of tvN’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama titled “The World’s Most Beautiful Goodbye” (literal title).

The four-episode drama is a remake of one of screenwriter Noh Hee Kyung’s most famous masterpieces. “The World’s Most Beautiful Goodbye” is a story about a wife who sacrificed all of her life for her family gets diagnosed with cancer one day, and prepares to bid farewell to her family.

When the drama first aired in 1996, it made many viewers shed tears and received the Grand Prize Award as well as the Best Picture Award in the TV category of the 33rd Baeksang Arts Awards. In a world where the meaning of family seems to have faded in some ways, there are hopes that the remake of this 21-year-old classic will bring forth change in a better direction.

Actresses Won Mi Kyung and Kim Young Ok will act as the maternal mother and mother-in-law respectively. Choi Ji Woo will play the role of Won Mi Kyung’s daughter Yeon Soo, who was embarrassed by her mother’s blind love for her, but also dreams of becoming a wife and mother like her own.

Minho will play the role of immature son Jung Soo who sometimes upsets his mom but quickly grows and matures after learning that he is running out of time to repay his mom for her love.

tvN’s “The World’s Most Beautiful Goodbye” will air its four-part series in December after the finale of “Revolutionary Love.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/18/choi-ji-woo-shinees-minho-star-remake-classic-drama/

On 10/16/2017 at 9:50 AM, jongski said:

Gosh,  the title  alone sounds beautiful. A beautiful.... tearjerker. Remake of her earlier work? I watched her dramas  DMF, TWTWB, Padam, Padam? I think I'm not sure. That's all I know.  I'll check this and watch. Thanks for the thread.

Yes @jongski  The title and the description sounds like it's going to be a big tearjerker at that.. I'm in I haven't watch a good tearjerker in a long time..

Thanks @Go Seung Ji

• 2 weeks later...

November 7, 2017

Kim Tae Woo to star in "The Last Blossom - 2017"

Source: YTN via HanCinema.net

photo907808.jpg

Actor Kim Tae-woo is starring in Noh Hee-kyeong's "The Last Blossom - 2017".

Kim Tae-woo has stood out in most of his works and is a favorite amongst many. He takes on the role of Yeong-seok who is involved romantically with Yeon-soo (Choi Ji-woo).

"The Last Blossom – 2017" is a remake of a classic by Noh Hee-kyeong about a woman who sacrifices her life for her family. When she is diagnosed with terminal cancer, she prepares to say goodbye to them.

Kim Tae-woo is currently in the drama "Black" as an angel of death.

Archived