[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, sukbin said:

If based on his interviews posted by a fellow chingu here, he does not seem to be the kind that bothered to be popular. I bet all he wanted was a big break either back then or now, so that he could secure better roles to grow as an actor. QSD gave him a breakout he greatly deserved because Bidam is the role that elevated him from just a second lead actor to a leading man.

On recognition side, I agree that he received so much less compared to other less talented actors albeit the more popular one. That is why I never took Korean awards seriously. Chungmuro may be tough because it is full of heavyweights and talented actors like Song Kang Ho, Han Suk Kyu, Lee Byung Hun but on drama side, he is one of the finest. "Bad Guy" was ill-timing while "Shark" is forgettable but LUTYN surely should have netted him tons of awards. I don't see much strong performance from drama actors this year except from Namgoong Min in Chief Kim, Ji Sung in Defendant and Jo Seung Woo in Secret Forest. I still hope KNG will get some mentioning in DB and hopefully get a Baeksang nomination.

The sudden fall from grace is probably too much of a shock for him, to the point that he started to have an acting dilemma during Shark. It was a series of bad time and the projects he choose. Just like how it was hard for him to get rid of Bidam's character, it was also hard for Bidam's fans to see him in different light so suddenly. They shoot Lovers Vanished before he appeared in QSD but they aired it after QSD and his fans who still see Bidam in him couldn't accept the sudden change of image since most of them still see Bidam as a poor innocent child. Then next the bad guy that they also didn't like because they thought that his character was just being a playboy (and then there's that Baker King that lots of people in Korea hot hooked to) He needed that next drama though to at least leave that " He is now a leading man" name before entering the military service but still it would've been better if he catered for that Bidam image till he left. Even in his movie Pirate...the reviews were all good for him because they finally see him in a  role that's similar to Bidam.

I am thinking after leaving Military Service.. there was still some hope from him that he is still on the top and he started it good... only for him to end up really disappointed. But still.... I hope he will at least show up every now and then. After LUTYN who almost never get to see him or hear anything about him. Where are those publicists? I guess he didn't like it but still :( I hope we at least get to see him or hear anything about him.... even a short interview will be enough, at least just to have an idea of what's going on with him.

That video! Lol

I was actually a Bideok shipper lol and I remember how confused I was with the way he acted around LYW behind the scenes lol but yeah I know she's married and I am sure he knew of it too. It's sad though that after that, they never even mention each other's name anymore. Whenever he was asked about his partners in dramas, he never mention her name anymore but mention GHJ instead. And there were even rumors about his friendship with UTW that also damage? since he took the limelight from him.... he was the male lead and KNG was the last villain worst than the first one but ended up looking like the male lead and getting the couples award.

1 hour ago, yanki said:

I am glad that it was a happy ending too lol. Having watched almost every series and movies of KNG... a happy ending is very rare lol (especially an ending where he gets or ended up with the girl LOL) Good thing it's a happy one... at least this one have a different ending for his character.

Yah right,and since this is also his first romcom drama he'd done...I really need interview from KNG side. And I hope this drama can make him feeling happy for a long time

4 minutes ago, umiuni147 said:

Yah right,and since this is also his first romcom drama he'd done...I really need interview from KNG side. And I hope this drama can make him feeling happy for a long time

Same here. Even just a short one... just for us to have an idea of what's going on. Or for us to see whether if there is that "in love" vibe haha

But it's so hard to fine anything about him, it's so frustrating at times.

Thanks @sukbin for sharing the video! He’s so daring to voice out his disappointments at an award ceremony!!! Haha. Could it be that some producers would just prefer working with actors who are less vocal about their views? He really has much much better acting chops than many actors. He gives so much thought to detail and subtleties that I agree with the title that he’s Asia’s Finest Actor.

I’m also hoping he gets at least an interview? Can’t they even catch him on the phone or something? Or is he the one who doesn’t want interviews? Or is it his company? Or what? It doesn’t seem normal that a well-received drama does not have even a small interview of its main lead.... (and the main story is about Heo Im, not even Yeon Kyung Cheoja)

4 hours ago, clare009 said:

And honestly, I think the message of this being their reward fits well with the story arc, so it doesn't feel tacked on or forced at all. 

So agree with this! I also feel them being 'rewarded' in the end with their reunion fits the whole arc about both leads who start off as 'selfish' doctors but then meet, heal and grow together to eventually understand their true calling - so much that in the end they willingly set aside their love and time together to put their patients/people/country first. They have sacrificed so much that it's only right for them to be rewarded in the end. I think the happy ending makes the message of the virtue of "putting others before oneselves/greed for money and power" comes across more clearly, probably more than a sad ending where they continue going on separate ways would have.

Gahh it's one of the many things I love so much about LUTYN, it's not just a heap of cheese and sugar of "I love you so much uwuwu I don't care about anything else as long as I'm with you uwu" like many others. The drama has such a big heart and is written so well in a way that it weaves the humanity and the romance aspects seamlessly and doesn't come off as preachy or over the top. It's also not like most other "lazily-written" stories where the plot & conflicts direct the characters' choices. LUTYN has it the other way around - The magical needle case/time travel aspect doesn't overdo its role as plot device and the things that happen are mostly results of the character' own choices & development. Even if the leads hadn't had as much chemistry (Thank goodness they do tho.. in fact way TOO much chemistry than a normal human being could handle lmao), I might've still quite liked the drama anyway because of the clever, humane writing.

Btw @clare009, (OOT so I hid it)

Spoiler

I checked out your Ao3 page out of curiosity and omg, a fellow Kabby shipper spotted..? :D

I've marked your Kabby fics to read later.. looking forward to reading them soon ^^ Kabby fic writers are some of the best out there IMO, no wonder your one-shot is so good ^^

Btw idk about you but in a way HI & CYK's redemption arc & relationship reminds me a bit of Marcus & Abby's lol, and probably that's why I gravitate so much towards this drama... I'm such a sucker for redemption arcs ^^

16 minutes ago, yanki said:

That video! Lol

I was actually a Bideok shipper lol and I remember how confused I was with the way he acted around LYW behind the scenes lol but yeah I know she's married and I am sure he knew of it too. It's sad though that after that, they never even mention each other's name anymore. Whenever he was asked about his partners in dramas, he never mention her name anymore but mention GHJ instead. And there were even rumors about his friendship with UTW that also damage? since he took the limelight from him.... he was the male lead and KNG was the last villain worst than the first one but ended up looking like the male lead and getting the couples award.

Sorry to cut your post. Really? He had a fell out with UTW? That's too bad since I knew they were friends even before QSD since they did a movie together. It was inevitable since UTW was a bigger star when QSD started and he would not have thought that KNG who netted a secondary character would outperformed him. Oh....I shipped Bidam and Deokman but not KNG and LYW. They made a good couple though and I still hope they will get together in another drama.

By the way, UTW was the leading man in "Wanted", so he was partnered first with KAJ before KNG. And PD Hong worked with Bidam's mom, Mishil (GHJ) before proceeded to work with her son a year later. LOL over such coincidence.

I hope KNG will frequent dramaland more. I don't expect another reunion of him and KAJ that soon since it rarely happened in K-dramas but I wish to see him being paired with Ha Ji Won in a sageuk. As for KAJ, I would like to see her collaborate with Jo In Sung or Lee Joon Gi.

But on personal side, I really hope KNG and KAJ will become a real life couple. 

Sorry to cut your post. Really? He had a fell out with UTW? That's too bad since I knew they were friends even before QSD since they did a movie together. It was inevitable since UTW was a bigger star when QSD started and he would not have thought that KNG who netted a secondary character would outperformed him.

Yeah there was that rumor... and after that we almost never see them together or hear anything about them. And after that awarding ceremony, UTW left first and didn't finished the whole thing -- but as  you said, it's inevitable and understandable. LYW left too although it's because she was having a fever that time.

I too hope to see more of him after LUTYN, it's so hard to catch anything about him... it's so sad. Not even a picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bae5MfRH8vI/

This forum gets more happening and interesting. I cant help myself to keep refreshing the page and following your deep explanation about our couple. 

Somehow I still try to balance my thought that they are so professional that even the viewers cant see the difference between the acting and the real feeling between our couple. But my fellow shippers' threads bring me to the world of delusional... hahahaha...

I remember someone ask for the picture of eps 13 date. Im sorry if maybe someone has inserted the picture already. I just found it this morning. KNG put his legs between KAJ legs there. The previous pic inserted here, I found KNG just stand next to her, but in this picture its obvious that his legs were between hers. I have no idea of what they're doing,guys. Just let you make your own interpretation :D

Same with you @leba, I dont see QSD because KNG's ending is too tragic. I dont see Bad Guy and Shark either. LUTYN has drawn me too far of loving KNG and KAJ.:huh:

Dear all,

As Global PR Team representative for Iceland (i believe no one here is going to dispute this title lol), I am proud to announce that a subbing team has been on the works. And @iamemilykay´s subs have been put to good use. With her continuous dedication to provide translations and the help of our chingu @uphie_ajah, we have a few minutes ago submitted the timed english subs for approval at vlive. Yes vlive directly ! If Youtube is the obvious and necessary choice for visibility reasons, I believe we can put some pressure on King entertainement and maybe production team of LUTYN if they notice their international fanbase through vlive. Heck ! What if the cast and staff learn about this ! and what if they start thinking that the D cut might need english subs... ok i got carried away, sorry. It's also a way to show our support by subbing directly on vlive. But wait everyone, the subs are not available yet ! Haha. It needs to be reviewed by Admin from vlive.

anyway, we'll get some news soon from the admin of vlive and hopefully we will get to see iamemilykay's subs on vlive while tapping hearts :wink: As soon as it's available, we will announce it. Don't need to check yet, still about 3 days to wait.

Of course, we want to spread the love for LUTYN and we need people, A LOT of them, to learn about the show and get new content with subs. So we definitely need Youtube! Uphie_ajah has been working on it. @heoimajeossi, @minbongyi have you done some timing for the subs already ? If yes, I or uphie_ajah will dm you. I have done timing at vlive directly and don't have srt files to put to good use.

Happy shipping to all !

Ps: another project is on the works.We'll get back to you soon about that one. @minion23

10 minutes ago, 3z3zm3lp said:

Is there even english sub?

Not sure about English subtitle but I dont think there will be:mellow: 

Cos i’ve lurked at several other drama

page that also have d-cut bluray/dvd, even when the team provide special link / instructions that are directed to international fans they do not provide english subs in the DVD/Blu-ray. 

(Update: I just check someone ask in IG and the prod team says Engsub might not be provided)

46 minutes ago, ehy0301 said:

It's written in Hangul, can't understand anything.:( How can we place our order when they can't translate it to english for us international fans. Sad. 

It says they will open pre order link tonight but they do not specify at what time. 

SO KAJ tweeted two article links from Naver today and I have roughly translated some excerpts from the articles that are related to GC/KNG in case anybody is interested.

Pretty much the same things from before, but I'm actually more interested in the fact that these articles were released today and as we know KAJ has been quite constant in tweeting Articles about her post-LUTYN round table interview.  I'd like to imagine she reads ALL articles released about her and that she HAD indeed seen all those knetz comments on her previous articles which mentioned KNG either directly or subtly..I wonder how she feels :D

0000313461_002_20171024065308322.jpg

Article#1 (excerpts)

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000313461

-You showed romance after a long time.
The framework of the script was good. It has the characteristics of a Genre drama, and is also a Medical drama. Even if there's a straight story to convey it's difficult to solve it through a pleasant comical touch. But  LUTYN solves it in a fun way. More than anything it was enjoyable to do romance after only been doing Genre and Crime Investigation dramas. It was 8 years since 'That Fool' to do melo in a drama. I was glad for it.

- The love line received a hot interest especially during the second half. The teamwork with Kim NamGil.
I enjoyed shooting the drama through the hot response of fans and the  surrounding people. I knew a lot about HeoIm, but there are many things I don't know about Kim NamGil. There wasn't time to build a more personal relationship. We were busy acting. It's always like that at a drama location. But still I heard of talks of how the chemistry is good from the beginning. And there were expectations that it will get even better for the romance. When I'm acting melo or romance it's the same with dating. If you love enough then there will be no regrets. And it's the same with acting. If there's a melo line, if there's a person you love you have to give enough love so you won't be left with regrets. I think enough romance was showed this time around.

:

Article #2 (excerpts)

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000313460

0000313460_002_20171024065307327.jpg

-Choi YeonKyung received a lot of love.
I'm thankful to my co-star Kim NamGil-ssi who was very considerate and showed a lot of care. Not only to the people (working) on location but I could feel that HeoIm really cherished and gave a lot of love to Choi YeonKyung. I also cherished and loved HeoIm as Choi YeonKyung. That's why we could synergize with each other.

- Did you emphatize a lot as Choi YeonKyung
Like Choi YeonKyung, I also kept a distance to myself in the beginning. The character was a doctor who kept a distance even from her patients. I was the same on location. I followed the character. But passing episode 7-8 as I gained trust and comrade-ish affection about HeoIm, going through several incidents together and being more sympathetic, I became more comfortable. So I became more friendly with the staffs and a bit more comfortable and friendlier with the real Kim NamGil-ssi.

But at the beginning the Director and Camera Director were worried the Choi YeonKyung I acted wasn't feminine enough. But I didn't think it was necessary for all woman character in Melos to be "womanly woman". After working with mostly male directors, male staffs-dominated location, male actors, I realized that men's point-of-view of a woman, and women's point-of-view of a woman are different. If you personally go to a hospital in great moment of urgency those women over there are womanly enough. There are a lot more of female doctors with a cool personality. They have enough guts to fight shoulders even with men. When I showed those side through my acting, there were worries that it might not seem womanly enough. But I wasn't worried because I had the thoughts to show my more feminine sides as the melo line progresses.

How is the daily life of the regular Kim AhJoong.
- I met a lot of people during the holiday of October. I watched movies and went around to eat a lot of delicious food. There's a group that meets up sometimes, and although the members are not fixed but  I love that I'm able to meet people of all fields and able to share a variety of stories through these group meetings.

Do you not date? Kim AhJoong's Ideal Type.
I want to date. Now that I'm in my mid-30s I don't have an Ideal Type anymore. It will be great if he is a good person. To be a bit more specific, it will be good if he is someone who is honest, has convictions and is a smart person. Someone who is  healthy physically and mentally, and has a good,balanced way of thinking will be good.

Archived