Has your taste in kpop changed since you were a teenager?

Godotology

I used to love Rain, Se7en, Nell, BoA.

My taste has definitely changed. With their new releases recently (esp Rain and BoA) I cannot say I am a fan.

Now my favourites would be artists like DEAN, Offonoff, Milic, DPR Live. I highly recommended if anyone is looking for something new and not 'KPOPy'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 1:11 AM, ageha said:

I used to love Rain, Se7en, Nell, BoA.

My taste has definitely changed. With their new releases recently (esp Rain and BoA) I cannot say I am a fan.

Now my favourites would be artists like DEAN, Offonoff, Milic, DPR Live. I highly recommended if anyone is looking for something new and not 'KPOPy'.

ooh、BoA is back!

On 26/02/2018 at 8:18 AM, Godotology said:

ooh、BoA is back!

She is! 

Shes updated her sound so she is nearly indistinguishable from other female artists - quite listenable but I don’t *love* it :confused:

• 6 months later...

It has changed a lot for me also. I was such a fanatic every day I was constantly searching for news about kpop but now that I am quite older I listened less of it. I don't follow the fandom much except for 1 group that's grown big now which is BTS. I would say from 2006 till 2013 I was very active. I was in DBSK, Shinwha, Rain, Se7en, Wonder Girls, Fly to the sky, etc.Then most of the singers I fangirled started disbanding which made me quite upset. They don't last long but their songs do which I am happy about. My friends and I used to talk about new song releases and new mv releases every time we met but now it's all about work, family and friends. We don't even know the new groups nowadays. Kpop has really grown. It was so hard for me to find stores to buy albums and even eating at a Korean restaurant. I am proud to have been in the fandom way before it got so popular. BUT, a big but, I never quite left the fandom, I would say that I am a silent fan? Does that make sense? I watch them from a far like an adult watching their kids go to school. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

used to listen to it a lot, well that was back in my high school years. Now I really don't listen to Kpop. I tried listening to FTTS' reunion album or whatever, and it just wasn't the same. I still listen to Epik High. They're the only ones that still keeps me hooked to the kpop scene. Other than that... i have no interest in anything else 

I don't think my taste has changed so much as it has expanded. I was about or nearly 18 years old when I discovered SNSD in 2010. For sometime, I only listened to them, then expanded into more girl groups. I would tend to like cutesy Kpop more, but I did enjoy the sexy style as well. Boy groups didn't really win me over at the time, I honestly had no interest in them for some reason. In 2011 though I gained interest in TVXQ so I only followed them as far as male groups went, and a bunch of random boy groups songs. Then in 2013 when B.A.P dropped "One Shot" (and this was the first time I ever heard of them), I just fell in love and was surprised how different they were from any boy group I had ever seen (those push ups, man). Was even more shocked when I saw the "Mini" collab with Apink and saw their cutie side and learned of their versatility. So really, my taste merely expanded. I still love girl groups, especially cutesy stuff, and I love when boys do cute concepts too. I do think I like boy groups more than girl groups now, mainly as I listen to them more, I still adore girl groups and generally find both equally appealing.

• 4 weeks later...

I think in a sense my taste have changed. very drastically. I was really into KPOP when i was a child. Big Bang, 2NE1 was like my favourite group ever! But then as i grew i realised that i kind of step away from kPOP but moved to KDRAMA & OST instead. But by saying that i don't mean that i don't listen to KPOP anymore. But it's just i don't have a bias for KPOP anymore.Another thing about me is that nowadays i prefer listening to solo singers. People like K.will, Ailee, IU at the same time i also go with what mind says it's nice.

Archived