[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Secret of The Three Kingdoms 三国机密三国机密之潜龙在渊

sugarplum892

Coming to a close now, not sure how  I feel about the current big secret reveal in 52.  Spoiler as discussed below

Spoiler

Appears the wily Sima Ye did not become as evil as we thought, and slipped the empress a death like sleeping potion instead of poison. Still, spitting up blood was quite convincing.  Not sure how I feel about keeping her alive. It is a happier imagined ending than the historic end of the empress, but it doesn't give justice to the cruel reality of the times.  There were no happy endings for these people caught up in life and death struggle for power, and collective generational punishment of the entire families of the guilty.   

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DramaFever just finished the series.  I will miss this drama very much. Bravo, well done. It was consistent from beginning to the end. Cao Pi blew it, had a chance to do something great. Even Lord Man was finally won over by the emperor.  Goodbye Secret of the Empire. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very bad drama,the plot was useless,worstof all,the aim of the whole story wasn't achieve,the king was a puppet,he wanted his twin brother to be strong and achieve what he didn't achieve only to end up giving up the throne and walk away,go live in the forest with his sister in law that turned become his wife.the whole story was meaning less,the bad guys only won and get rewarded,the most annoying part in this drama,was his adopted brother who seems to be very rude and keep bullying him in the name of been righteous,overall ,he didn't achieve his aim of going to the palace and the trust his brother bestowed him.

10 hours ago, joyblack4 said:

This is a very bad drama,the plot was useless,worstof all,the aim of the whole story wasn't achieve,the king was a puppet,he wanted his twin brother to be strong and achieve what he didn't achieve only to end up giving up the throne and walk away,go live in the forest with his sister in law that turned become his wife.the whole story was meaning less,the bad guys only won and get rewarded,the most annoying part in this drama,was his adopted brother who seems to be very rude and keep bullying him in the name of been righteous,overall ,he didn't achieve his aim of going to the palace and the trust his brother bestowed him.

Historically it was the first time a monarch was removed , a dynasty ended and another takes the crown without bloodshed. This a story paying homage to the last  Han emperor who steadfastly maintained the peace and security of the people above his own personal power, and  gained the respect of others for maintaining his dignity and honor until the last moment..

@maddymappoi understand where you are coming from,if he was a bad king they removed him i will love it but he wasn't a bad king,he was kind and compassionate,how can drama be  a story when  bad was replace good , that is a sad story,what he cowardly think he achieve was vanity,the whole story disappoint me,at the beginning i was intrigue looking forward to watch, how he is going to be brilliantly defect his ememies and and bring peace to his kingdoms only to hand it over his throne to a paranoid person .so disappointed.this is the worst C-Drama i ever watch. 

2 hours ago, joyblack4 said:

@maddymappoi understand where you are coming from,if he was a bad king they removed him i will love it but he wasn't a bad king,he was kind and compassionate,how can drama be  a story when  bad was replace good , that is a sad story,what he cowardly think he achieve was vanity,the whole story disappoint me,at the beginning i was intrigue looking forward to watch, how he is going to be brilliantly defect his ememies and and bring peace to his kingdoms only to hand it over his throne to a paranoid person .so disappointed.this is the worst C-Drama i ever watch. 

The story is based on the history - there really was a last Han emperor and he really did abdicate and he was married to the sister of the next emperor, perhaps that is the only reason why they let him live out his life in retirement historically but it was very unusual perhaps the first time that there was a peaceful abdication and the emperor is allowed to live.  I think that was a big deal.   Also in history his first empress really was killed by Cao Cao The part about her faking her death and being sent to some beautiful home where the dethroned emperor lives out his life with her - is likely complete fiction.  But in this drama they try to show this last emperor as being a true noble who helped avoid a horrific war that would have caused the deaths of many innocent lives. He was very brilliant and could have out smarted all of them, so It is frustrating, I know. They make it clear he could win, if that was important to him, but he chose the well being of the state to his own ego. The next emperor gains the thrown but it is an empty souless victory.     But still I think they told the story well and it was a powerful drama.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/6/2018 at 1:29 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

The closing theme song is pretty good. It's what stands out in the first episode. But the opening isn't bad either.

Big role for Ma Tian Yu... hope he's up to it. Elvis Han should be fine as Zhongda. I recognize the empress from Swordsman.

Not sure if I'll be watching the whole thing. There's not enough hours in a day. Might have to FF through it. 

hi, is it possible to get the closing theme song script in Mandarin and also in pinyin. I'm anxious of being able to sing it.

I love the serie

Archived