Kim So Hyun ❤ Yoo Seung Ho | SHy SHy Couple | SeungSo Couple | ♕ ♔ Monarch Couple

rossy5

1 hour ago, MsSubak said:

YSH Ruler interview for KNTV

where is sohyunie :bawling:

Yes! Now we wait for eng subs! :lol: 

YSH and L must have done the interviews when they went to Japan for their FM. The more important question is when will KSH have her Japanese FM?? Its about time for it to happen!

Also, does anyone know how Ruler is doing in Japan? How is it being received? 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YSH interview translation for NYLON

36514-265880-sampleM.jpg

Spoiler

is the last night in Finland. What did you expect when you first decided to go to Finland?

I did a search on the internet, but there was not much. Whoa, I’m in a big trouble (Laugh). When I go overseas I enjoy watching the people of the country more than shopping and sightseeing. From what I saw and heard I think people in Finland are like all Europeans. Even though the food came out late, they still wait leisurely. And when it’s raining, nobody uses an umbrella. And I liked it more than I expected.

Did you go to sauna?

Eventually. I have not been to the public bath since I was in elementary school. You know why. The Finnish sauna seemed unlikely to go alone, but I guess it would be less fun on my own. I actually had a busy and fun time in Helsinki so I could not even think of going to the sauna.

That's great. Where's the place that you like?

Nuuksio National Park. It was a series of shocks. First, the lake and the forest are so beautiful. The fireplace, the oven and firewood can smoke the fire that was possible to make me shocked, and the grilled sausage that I ate there was so delicious that it was also  make me shocked.

Actually it was sausages and potatoes that you can get easily at the mart (laughs).

Right. The sausage corner was great at the mart we went to. The sausages are cheap and there are many kinds of them. Good scenery and fresh air might have double the flavor. It was the best experience, though.

Do you like Moomin originally?

Yes. In my family, my mom and I like cute and charming (baby-like) characters. I also bought a cup and coffee pot. I hope it won’t break when I arrive at Seoul.

It's been a long time since you took a photo shoot. I wonder why don’t you do it often?

I think shooting overseas is a kind of 'reward'. I can spend such a good time and being able to wear fashionable and beautiful clothes. It’s not that anyone can enjoy the time when they took photos for pictorial. It is a preference in some way. So when my work bad and I was not satisfied with my acting, but there were a suggestion for making a pictorial I feel sorry for the fans and I asked myself ”Do I deserve this now?” However, after I finished filming Ruler, I decided that I could compensate myself.

Aren't you too strict with yourself?

I think that the main character is responsible for the success of the work. In Remember, the audience rating was good and the work itself was well received, but personally, I wasn't satisfied with my performance. It was very difficult because of that point. I also remember that there were suggestions came in for a pictorial at that time but I decided not to do it. The movies were the same.

You're so careful to talk about the movie (laughs).

There is a time difference in drama, and there are some chances to improve. But the movie ends with a shot, and it will be evaluated with the number of the audience. Also, because my two previous movies were not working well, I am very worried. I'm not even confident. But I want to do a movie.

How do you overcome when you regret your work?

I turn into a house stone (only stay at home). (Laugh) I'm staying home alone and assuming that the world is over. Actually, I did not go down to the bottom because one of those works, but now I think it is the worst, and consider on what I can do in the future. Then I found out that I have a chance, and I stand up again.

You are not a style who talk to anyone.

Yes. There is no one to talk. I'm close to the representative of my agency (CEO) and my mother, but it’s only me who know my real feeling.

Now you've been an actor for 20 years. What does it mean to you, Mr. Seung Ho, to do the same thing for 20 years?

What did I do without acting? I do not have much talent, I think I've lived a very ordinary life. Although I have been act for almost 20 years, I still have a lot of roles that I want to do. I have a lot of troubles because of my desire to show a new face. "Yoo Seung-ho has a distinctive feeling of acting".  I want to break that image. The next work will be a work of a different character from Ruler. But without I realize, I will act like I always do. I even think, “Is it time for me to quit from acting?” It's a difficult problem.

Don’t you think other colleagues or senior actors will have similar concerns?

That's right. Everyone is the same as me. (Laugh) although it is an anxiety that doesn’t have an answer, but at least every actor cares about the same thing. Well, If it's income, it looks like income.

In the interview, Seung Ho seemed to be an introspective and vigilant type. But in a strange city, there are many variables and laws, and the occupational boundaries are falling, so in this circumstance we meet as individuals. I was able to see Yoo Seung Ho, a human, for 7 days and 5 nights. (Laugh) I was surprised that you are more assertive and easygoing than I thought.

Other than in the filming set, I think I am an ordinary person. The shooting place is a workplace, and when I get out of there, I live like ordinary people. Honestly what does 'actor' mean in a situation without a camera? Not to mention that people get to know me because of my job. From my childhood, my parents said, "be the youngest". As a celebrity, I can move a little less so I feel comfortable, but I'm more uncomfortable with it. In the pictorial shooting site, the actors, reporters, and staffs are having fun together. It's the right thing to do if the youngest person holds the burden. I am the youngest member of this shooting site, right?

That’s right. (Laugh) Did you go shopping? It seems like you bought a bunch of Moomin.

One hooded tee. The rest is a gift. I was satisfied with what I saw because I did not need much.

Isn’t it too simple? You said you won’t buy clothes that cost more than 50,000 won.

If it's more expensive than that, I think the suit is wearing me. I can’t even move comfortably. Sometimes I get a gift of expensive clothes, I really appreciate it, but I don't wear it.

You have a good job of self-styling that's likely to attract a lot of attention, and it suits your age.

Everyone will laugh if they hear it. You never feel it at all, but I have my own style (laugh). I was the male lead in a movie in middle school, and it was a wandering young man in his 20s.

Jeans, T-shirts, hoodies, and watches must be worn, and baseball caps are upside down. Even now I like to wear clothes that cost 20.000 won. When I went to the hospital, the doctor told me, “What’s that clothes?” and told me to wear something new and buy new clothes. This is new (laugh) anyway I was happy and that was my intention.

It's a fairly difficult fashion (Laugh) so how was the clothes you wore during this photo shoot?

Honestly, I was shocked. This is the first time for me to wear wide pants and velvet pants since I was born. Usually if the size is large, I will use a clothes pin, but not this time. I was like, "Don’t tell me that its going to be like this. Ah, is this fashion these days?" (Laugh). I realized that this 20s man who is free, adventurous and leads fashion is the concept of this pictorial.

Isn’t it a little longer after Ruler end? What have you been doing all along?

After the original work, I did not really do anything. Doing exercise, nothing to do except going to a PC room with friends and watch TV at home. I wanted to do something after Ruler filming end, no matter how much money that I have. So I drove my car and started touring around Gangwon-do. I really liked the car since I was a kid. It was my first time to be busy because of my hobby, but it was really fun.

It sounds so great. Where do you want to go next trip?

Siberia or Alaska. It is a place where you can experience extreme cold.

It really fits with Finland. The winter is long and cold too.

I like winter the best during the season. Alone and lonely feeling. On the dawn of the snowy day, on a road without anyone, when the yellow flame blinks, the mood and feelings. Oh, it's really good. I wonder what winter is like in other countries, and how I feel at that time.

source:

http://smlounge.co.kr/nylon/article/36514

Maybe there are some wrong translation, but I hope it's easy to understand :)

He didn't mention about KSH, but glad to know that he felt satisfied with Ruler. It means that he felt like he did a good job and he said in Ruler post interviews that KSH helped him a lot.

Before Ruler he didn't have anyone to tell about his feeling when he felt down because unsatisfied work, no one could understand his feeling. But now I hope he has someone to share. He said that during Ruler he shared and discussed the work with KSH. And he felt like KSH had a same experience with him.

I hope I can read KSH interview or her update soon :wub: I wish she will do well on her FM and Suneung. Fighting!

Moomin! Omg Moomin! It is a comic character in Finland, and yeah it's also a character Skono used in the newest collections (which endorsed by Sohyun). In addition, if i'm not mistaken, Seungho's photoshoot was taken in the end of August.. ok, take a look at this..

And Seungho said he bought a hoodie? Now lets look at this one..

If these weren't HINTS, i'll consider it as FATE HAHAHA

@MsSubakthankyou for the translation! I think it's really good and easy to understand:) 

there's also translation uploaded by Yooseungho_world IG to be checked out! :D

Because this is purely YSH's interview (not related to any drama promotion) i think it would be really strange (and 'obvious' :lol:) to mention KSH if the interviewer didn't asked anything related to her, kkk so i'm satisfied enough with this iv :) for so many reasons, i believe Sohyun has contribution on how Seungho's regained confidence and being ALOT more open about himself. Like in each interview, he disclosed one or more personal thing which i believe no one would know before. It's like he gradually releases the insecurities and takes step more briefly :heart: i love them.. no doubt they're perfect for each other :bawling:

P.s i seriously have a severe love-hate relationship with Ruler.

@mindstar Moomin and that hoodie! Now we have new things related to them! :wub: I hope it’s really a hint or fate hahaha

@loveiskim You’re welcome :)

Hahaha, agree. It’s YSH pictorial, and maybe it was also like “visit Finland” campaign? :huh:

Right, he was closed about himself. But now, he can talk comfortably about his unknown side. I remember he said before that he will only do an interview (maybe what he meant was post interview/ after project interview) if he can clearly speak his mind.

someone posted on IG, said that she saw YSH in Helsinki on August 30th, 2017.

And about he likes the baby-like character, remember that during Ruler filming, the cast and crews of Ruler always teased KSH about her agi son (baby hand). Also, KSH is very cute. YSH got caught several times when he looked or took a glance at KSH while she was unconsciously doing a cute poses .

Remember the second kiss scene? If we look carefully, YSH clenched his jaw before he kissed KSH.

Maybe KSH is too cute too handle! :wub:

(there I go again :lol:)

_Ti5gb9OQeIbXgWUJcTSHxp4wps9P6zUi3_spVdXywXrNvWlV7O52Kzh3MnZqdS4-6095WGifpSlTwVc06TQaHkziPmuNfmhTPUUR9zhBdzxBNT_u7tldNVGELfsJSKbZA1xz4VytoBKYx3xTOQZSPbAZJCepMBALGCucrJEy2lsLRDtJ8AlkPwdY8FJYNOin3k7Ey-f3ySYQPlAEIxnbasqjhe7O-RFVql_Mf_JczX0eaX5CnZXKktEbD4-MIvC6XNheUefhb5xTPZc3lNoUS718qntLyiDoAGZ43jaRvYQFLwroDJCZsIEATsIcSwHiUjBmgL65FHLoPcrJebKTlzy-oyzhCYmsUXGyY1nEwNoGYUhaV8jP3Uv0Q1cb-SkR0sO26ognfLPQcb3qUp7zDzy30TyusZqVwT5Ja4YeVKMKgi9hV0rc6HH3U7Z0Dj0r-EHPdmPYfut3YCXtipy752vTsHfJsnhFg6MeJO_YsvL4M8jc6NFJf1Nexby3XG162rXVb6g6RZLW4D3ra6PSkNSjKeGFBxV4nvezm_hHfuh3Ii6bQ1MhVbKfcfWk0JMcs40QQCQAAyOZ2cgGaLzldJrUntS0nmpOLEwuRGwsA=w360-h202-no

On 11/1/2017 at 5:05 PM, WoozyPrincess said:

What moves chingu???  :D

One is the thumb caress that someone posted on the last page. He does that, not just with her hands but all the time. That thumb caress is there during the ocean kiss scene. When GE took the poison and fainted in his arms. There are many such instances.

Heck even his hugs are tight and his hands are not just holding but honest to god gripping her tight. In the ocean kiss scene, he almost gripped her dress in a fist, the hug was so tight.

During the kisses, he clenches his jaw, like physically restraining himself from opening his mouth and devouring her. He also seems to hold his breath before kissing.

Maybe my observations are true or maybe I am just deluded. :lol: I am leaning towards the latter. :lol:

On 11/1/2017 at 6:51 PM, MsSubak said:

MBC hasn't confirmed it yet, maybe it will postponed later than that or before. From what I know, a drama will get a nomination for year-end awards if at least has been aired half of its entire episodes, for IANAR it will be 16 episodes or 4 weeks airing.
Good things if it's postponed is:

Maybe it will has a better chance to be the highest rating for Wednesday - Thursday time slot. If it will be aired next week it will fight with WYWS. Although YSH is a "rating magnet", LJS-Suzy are a though rival. Besides WYWS already gives the audience a great plot. Airing same time with Black Knight will caused a same interest of audience as they don’t know about the plot of both drama yet. But I must admit that KRW is a very great actor, also Black Knight has been anticipated since the beginning of this year. There will be Nothing to Lose (YWJ-PEB) too. Those two are a tough opponent for IANAR. But let’s be positive

Bad things are:

1. As @YourHighness . said, YSH will still promote IANAR when they hold MBC drama awards, so yes, it’s possible that he will walk with CSB. (I hope even if he still promotes it, they won't do that. Look at how KSH-YSH did the promotion separately, just do the same thing please....). Our only chance is if YSH-KSH win the best couple awards, they may still walk the red carpet together or maybe the three of them will walk separately.
  2. The chance for us to do some analysis will be postponed too.

You know, a lot of negative things were crossed my mind when I heard that YSH agreed to do drama with MBC. Mostly about the awards, I was afraid that he will walk with CSB, sit with IANAR co-stars, even the worst is he will win best couple with CSB. I'm happy that YSH has a new project but why it has to be with MBC :mellow: I'm afraid that it may ruin my imagination of KSH-YSH in the awards ceremony :mellow:

Seungho yah, you can praise her but please only as much as needed (I'm sorry CSB ssi, is not that I hate you :bawling:) and please walk the red carpet with sohyun, sit with her, and win the best couple with her :bawling:

By the way, they choose the best couple by vote, right?

It's only for Korean or we can vote for them too? 

Yes, just look at how many kiss scenes in LFG compare to Ruler, although they were not passionate one :lol:

KSH already met with great PD (Lee Eung Bok and Park Joon Hwa) and great writer (Kim Eun Suk and Park Hye Ryun), now YSH meet with Jung Dae Yoon PD. Just need to combine them :D:D:D

Yeah, I have a feeling he will walk the red carpet and seat with IANAR team too. BTW, which show on MBC had the most rating this year? If it's Ruler than there are chances of YSH sitting with the Ruler team and if YSH-KSH win the best couple award then they may walk the red carpet together too. We never know but chances of that are very very slim. Was there any other couple on MBC who had a huge fan following and were a hit with the viewers?

I like WYWS writer but her shows loveline' are not very compelling. Atleast that's what I felt for WYWS. I actually liked KSH and the younger brother's lovestory but the main OTP lack the oomph factor IMO.

@YourHighness .i think Ruler still got the highest rating until now.. correct me if i'm wrong tho

And no matter how many times i think about it, MBC REALLY NEEDS TO give our OTP award as appreciation. With that crap script, performance of the main lead played the big role on maintaining the rating on top. Can you even imagine if the main leads were other than YSH-KSH? Just how could it survive against JCW's romcom and PMY's Sageuk? 

MBC.. if they mess thing up again.. i'll really blacklist them :bawling:

11 hours ago, MsSubak said:

@mindstar Moomin and that hoodie! Now we have new things related to them! :wub: I hope it’s really a hint or fate hahaha

@loveiskim You’re welcome :)

Hahaha, agree. It’s YSH pictorial, and maybe it was also like “visit Finland” campaign? :huh:

Right, he was closed about himself. But now, he can talk comfortably about his unknown side. I remember he said before that he will only do an interview (maybe what he meant was post interview/ after project interview) if he can clearly speak his mind.

someone posted on IG, said that she saw YSH in Helsinki on August 30th, 2017.

And about he likes the baby-like character, remember that during Ruler filming, the cast and crews of Ruler always teased KSH about her agi son (baby hand). Also, KSH is very cute. YSH got caught several times when he looked or took a glance at KSH while she was unconsciously doing a cute poses .

Remember the second kiss scene? If we look carefully, YSH clenched his jaw before he kissed KSH.

Maybe KSH is too cute too handle! :wub:

(there I go again :lol:)

Another coincidence that YSH went to Finland and KSH spoke about visiting Sweden! Something must be up! :wink::lol:

And that GIF! No matter how many times watch Ruler scenes of our OTP still feel like that look that KSH and YSH have in their eyes during their scenes together were just something else! Maybe am wrong and especially with KSH who hasn't done too many proper 'romantic' scenes but still feel the look in her eyes with YSH is just different! And even him his eyes were even honey dripping so much in romantic scenes with KSH even more than IMY where he was the obsessive and psychotic lover to YEH but the expressions between the two characters is just very vast!

These two have a special bond which is may not be at lovers stage yet but they have this unspoken relationship between them! You can just feel it! What you all think chingus?

@YourHighness . Actually PHR write couples really well especially if you see ICHYV and Pinocchio, they otp are really really good! WYWS, still liking the otp but can understand what people mean. Its not at the same level that the others were but there may be a lot of reasons for that, maybe the cohesion is lacking this time and the story feels a bit repetitive. Nonetheless am still trusting in PHR to write sweet and wholesome romcoms. :) 

@YourHighness . @loveiskim  You're right, until now Ruler is still has the highest rating among all 2017 MBC drama. It was constantly reached double digit rating. Although the average rating was close to Rebel, but for daily rating it still higher than all MBC drama. Ruler highest rating was 20% (only for Seoul area) and 17,6% (Nationwide), while Rebel could only reach about 15%. But maybe it caused by their rival.

I agree, our lovely OTP deserved the awards, individually and as a couple. If it's not KSH-YSH, I think SDQ or SP would have better rating and rank. We just can hope and pray that MBC will realize about it :mellow:

@mindstar I remember that KSH said on her interview during Pure Love promotion, she loves winter more than summer. She also wanted to take a walk with her boyfriend on a snowy Christmas day. In this interview YSH said that he loves winter, and a road without anyone on snowy day :wub:

And about YSH hobby (driving and drifting). He mentioned about it again. Now we know that KSH can learn how to drive from YSH :lol: she said it would be nice if she can learn from someone who  good at it. Is it related to BYR words during VLive? He said that someday they will do VLive in YSH car (test drive)?

Ah, now I also remember why I said that I doubted about KSH feeling and I felt like she was just a fan girl. like you said, KSH hasn't done many proper "romantic scene", so I thought I needed to see how different she was when she did romantic scenes with other co-star (her BTS drama are so difficult to find by the way). But again, I agree with you. Her feeling for YSH is genuine :wub: her eyes was full of love! :wub: we can see in LFG BTS, when she had a kiss scene with Taecyeon, she didn't giggle like when she did it with YSH. Taec cupped her head and played with it (he teased KSH) but KSH didn't show any sign of shyness. But with YSH she giggled and shy, even though it just "rub" scene. KSH-taecyeon was like oppa-dongsaeng, but with YSH it's like a girl with a boy she loved.

After seeing so many hints and signs, I think they're really attracted and destined for each other :wub: 

Yes Ruler is MBC highets rated drama till now but with Two Cops and INAR anything is possible. But ratings aside MBC should compensate YSH-KSH for giving strong performances despite the bad script and character assassination!

It will be really bad for them if they don't! OTP needs to win Best Couple!

There are so many instances of YSH-KSH chemistry during Ruler! But even just the way they look at each other changed from first episode filming to final filming! Please let there be a Ruler DVD and let us get all the unreleased BTS videos of uri Shy Shy! Am sure we will swoon even more! :lol: 

And our couple is really so alike! Both of them love extremely cold places! :wub:

@YourHighness . btw about PHR writer, yeah i can also feel there is something lacking in WYWS main loveline, maybe because the two seems already so head over heel for each other from the very beginning? But agree with @mindstar PHR wrote a good romance in other drama, even some not-so-romance scenes in Page Turner turned out so romantic and cute for me kkkk anyway i think it'll be easier to write a romantic plot in modern drama  so i'm okay with other writer too as long as he/she's not the crap one hahaha

About something different between our OTP, ofcourse i see that too kkk. Honestly, I think everyone could see it, but because their moment was so least (in term of quantity, not quality kkk) and both are incredibly shy, plus KSH has another strong ships too makes it's kinda hard for people to put much faith on them kkk..

For me, the main reason for shipping them is because i think they are perfectly match, not only about appearance but also personality and experiences they both have. Like the one who can deeply understand her is him, and vice versa (other than their mom and close friend ofc). Related to the reason above, my second point is because i can really feel their change (lets say, transformation) before and after ruler, and it goes to positive direction. Find a partner who makes you feel comfort is nice, but the one who can also makes you a better person is perfect, right? Kkk it reminds me on how SJK said that SHK gives a good influence on him. Kkk. 

And even the fact that both are so close with their mom gives me relief because i believe our OTP is one of the best Son/Daughter-in-law which every mom can think of kkkk~

ok i'll stop my excitement on explaining here. Pft :lol:

6 hours ago, loveiskim said:

@YourHighness . btw about PHR writer, yeah i can also feel there is something lacking in WYWS main loveline, maybe because the two seems already so head over heel for each other from the very beginning? But agree with @mindstar PHR wrote a good romance in other drama, even some not-so-romance scenes in Page Turner turned out so romantic and cute for me kkkk anyway i think it'll be easier to write a romantic plot in modern drama  so i'm okay with other writer too as long as he/she's not the crap one hahaha

About something different between our OTP, ofcourse i see that too kkk. Honestly, I think everyone could see it, but because their moment was so least (in term of quantity, not quality kkk) and both are incredibly shy, plus KSH has another strong ships too makes it's kinda hard for people to put much faith on them kkk..

For me, the main reason for shipping them is because i think they are perfectly match, not only about appearance but also personality and experiences they both have. Like the one who can deeply understand her is him, and vice versa (other than their mom and close friend ofc). Related to the reason above, my second point is because i can really feel their change (lets say, transformation) before and after ruler, and it goes to positive direction. Find a partner who makes you feel comfort is nice, but the one who can also makes you a better person is perfect, right? Kkk it reminds me on how SJK said that SHK gives a good influence on him. Kkk. 

And even the fact that both are so close with their mom gives me relief because i believe our OTP is one of the best Son/Daughter-in-law which every mom can think of kkkk~

ok i'll stop my excitement on explaining here. Pft :lol:

hahaha! No no chingu please keep your excitement going! We all feel the same way too!

This OTP is so beautiful not just on the outside but on the inside too and despite being such bug celebrities they have no airs and are just genuinely good people that everyone wants to work with! Am sure that YSH and KSH inspire not only each other but others as well because they are such hard workers who give 200% to every character they play. Maybe its too early now but as they grow older and their friendship goes deeper we can hear more about how each influences and affects the others.

Shy Shy is too precious! :heart:

I've been reading YSH's translated interview in the NYLON magazine. The guy is awesome and amazing; he is so down to earth and seemingly unaffected by the industry he has been in for almost 20 years. But I feel, he has been in the industry, alone, serious and just focusing on his work. I felt sad reading how hard he is on himself and how lonely he must have been.

But, I could feel he is changing because there is now light is his life. He is so much brighter, so much more lighter and more manly yet youthful since Ruler. And that is, to me, because he found his Soulmate. Finally someone who understands  what he goes through and someone, whom he can be more emotionally invested within the industry. We all know who that someone is.

I truly want them to be together, like what some of you wrote earlier, they are made for each other and they would be good for each other. They are so in sync with each other.

Hai Chingus, this is my first time to comment :) Im so sorry if you cant understand what I mean or say later, because english not my mother languange.

I love Kim So Hyun since 2012, not really ship her with the co-star. But now with YSH, really want them to be together. and maybe this is my first time to be a  hard shipper.

Love your comments, maybe im so late to know about soompi forum (because im only enjoyed the story of drama), so i read from page 1 until 101 kkkk

really love the excitement about our OTP, please always be like that! I always be here :D 

btw, have someone ask about DVD Ruler when released? so needed now kkk

@loveiskim , your id ig is loveisshy_ , isnt it?

Not just the things they like but also the way they respond to questions is also so similar. We've been noticing this since the post Ruler interviews but even before that their responses have been very similar!

This is truly the most well matched couple in real life! They really need to have each other in their lives and am so glad for Ruler to give them that! ^_^

It's is never too late to join the forum and welcome @ilas77! Hope other silent readers will also feel encouraged to join and participate in the fun discussions about our lovely Shy Shy! :D

Ruler ending is just the start of our OTPs real life relationship and there is a long way to go as they won't have to be separated by military enlistment and with KSH becoming an adult in less than two months want new dimensions will there relationship take? It is exciting to look forward to their future interactions and interviews! :blush:

Archived