[Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gamble for hearts and empty dishes in Strongest Deliveryman

strongestdeliveryman-teaser201.jpg

These teasers are hilarious; if the show’s tone follows suit, I’ll be a happy camper. We’ve got two new teasers for KBS’s Strongest Deliveryman, as well as stills of our two main leads, Go Kyung-pyo (Chicago Typewriter) and Chae Soo-bin (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People).

Both teasers start out deadly serious with our hero and heroine on opposing sides of a mahjong game. Chyrons read, “A world where you take, or get taken from,” and, “A man and woman thrown into a rough fate.” Chae Soo-bin coolly asks Go Kyung-pyo to take care of someone and bring back what’s hers. Affronted, he replies, “I’m a pro in this business, too!” She reminds him that he’ll have to offer up his body if he doesn’t fulfill his promise (rawr?). He proffers his right hand readily, but says that he has a condition, too.

This is where the teasers diverge. In the first, he says his condition is that if he returns successfully, her heart is his. Lol, the tone take a sharp right and goes all rom-com, with Chae Soo-bin sporting an adorable blush and a giddy smile. The mission also hilariously turns out to be our hero picking up all of her clients’ empty dishes. He drops the case full of dishes in front of her and goes, “I’ve got it, your heart.” Pffft, their awkward sideways glances and bashful grins are too cute.

Spoiler

In the second, Go Kyung-pyo engages in a rooftop fight and nearly falls over the ledge with his wayward customer, screeeaming for his dishes, HA. Well, at least we know he doesn’t half-richard simmons his job. He proudly lays down the box of empty dishes in front of a shocked Chae Soo-bin and asks, “I’m now part of the family, right?” The teaser ends with them lightly shoving each other like a pair of petty siblings. Man, I’m going to enjoy their inevitable bickering before they fall for each other.

I love underdog stories, but you can’t really beat badass underdogs, which is exactly what this show promises, and I can’t wait to see all the deliverymen and women duke it out on the streets with their bikes. And the wait won’t be too long, thankfully; KBS’s Strongest Deliveryman will start its run on August 4 in the Friday-Saturday slot following The Best Hit.

cr: http://www.dramabean...st-deliveryman/

man, I really wish this one will be a good one.

I feel like I'm in drought season right now, no drama good enough for my satisfaction. 

And I miss seeing GKP and CSB in my small screen. Luv them both.

and well, I wish the rating will be good, too. those two, esp GKP, needs to be appreciated more! 

Strongest Deliveryman refuses to keep hungry people waiting

by tineybeanie

strongd2.jpg

Strongest Deliveryman has released a third teaser with our hero Go Kyung-pyo (Chicago Typewriter) and heroine Chae Soo-bin (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People) racing on their motorcycles as if their lives are on the line to make their deliveries on time. This upcoming KBS drama is a youthful underdog story about the deliverymen and women who duke it out to become the best on their block.

The teaser begins with Go Kyung-pyo yelling with complete sincerity, “How do you think the people who ordered this jajangmyun will feel while they’re waiting for their delivery? They feel hungry, sad, and mad. What are you going to do about it!?!” The person he’s talking to decides that Go Kyung-pyo is crazy.

Spoiler

The copy that flashes onscreen says, “The crazy kid meets a legend,” and we are introduced to Chae Soo-bin’s character who rides along the neighborhood streets wearing sunglasses while throwing delivery business cards like ninja stars. A voice in the background says, “I’ve never seen a person as fast as her,” while another voice chimes in, “She’s the best.”

These two round the corner on their respective motorcycles and spin around each other in the intersection, just barely missing each other as she swerves low and he pops a wheelie. As they spin to avoid each other, they both yell at the other for driving recklessly and part ways. The copy reads, “The strong ones are coming.”

They must mean that literally, because Chae Soo-bin beats up a couple of guys without breaking a sweat, while in voiceover she says in a cutesy voice to Go Kyung-pyo to go “find it,” otherwise he’ll lose his job. Cut to: Go Kyung-pyo leaning precariously over the edge of a rooftop, holding a line chef in a chokehold and demanding for his dishes back. HA.

KBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama Strongest Deliveryman begins on August 4.

cr:dramabeans

Smiling to keep hope in Strongest Deliveryman

by tineybeanie

premiere_deliveryman3.jpg

Oh, I think my heart tugged a teensy bit after watching the latest teaser for Strongest Deliveryman. It’s a drama depicting the story of a bunch of deliverymen and women for a Chinese restaurant who have less than pennies in their pockets who have to face the harsh daily realities of working a thankless job in a competitive industry. But despite it all, they somehow keep their individual hopes and dreams alive.

Go Kyung-pyo (Chicago Typewriter) takes the lead for the first time in the role of legendary delivery boy Choi Kang-soo, who is our passionate, loyal, and righteous hero. According to an interview with the actor, he even picked the unique permed hairstyle himself in order to fully immerse himself in this new persona and show off his character’s carefree personality.

His love interest/bickering partner will be played by Chae Soo-bin (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People), whose character is no slouch in the delivery business herself. She’s well-known as one of the fastest delivery people in town, but her main focus is money: She wants to earn as much as she can to escape her unsustainable paycheck-to-paycheck situation.

Spoiler

Chae Soo-bin gives us an inside look at the lives of delivery part-timers in the newest teaser. She tells us that even though people might think the job is just riding around on a bike and giving people their food, they have no time to rest after preparing ingredients all morning, posting flyers all afternoon, then making their runs all night. However, they don’t make enough money to even support a meager lifestyle.

Chae Soo-bin rants about how some people have to spend almost all their hard-earned income on rent, while other people (like her landlord) don’t have to do anything but sit around and watch the cash flow in. Copy tells us, “It’s okay to make mistakes,” and we hear Go Kyung-pyo reassuring her, “Don’t worry. Just trust me.” The weary tone of the teaser brightens and the copy says, “So, let’s smile.” Go Kyung-pyo’s philosophy is that even in order to do kind acts, one must be shameless, and Chae Soo-bin replies admiringly that she’s never met someone as nosy and as righteous as him.

The recently released poster shows the both leads on a motor scooter, along with second leads Kim Sun-ho (Chief Kim) and Go Won-hee (The Time I’ve Loved You ). The copy states: “100 percent pure hot-blooded youths fight against a world without even 1 degree of hope.” In addition, more stills have been released showing our actors hard at work, filming for this new youthful underdog drama.

csbin1.jpg

csbin3.jpg

Spoiler

csbin4.jpgcsbin2.jpg

csbin5.jpg

csbin6.jpg

csbin7.jpg

csbin8.jpg

Friday-Saturday KBS drama Strongest Deliveryman premieres on August 4, replacing The Best Hit.

cr

Archived