[Thai Drama 2017] Secret Seven Series เธอคนเหงากับเขาทั้งเจ็ด

whitedove

On 6/9/2017 at 5:11 PM, gogole mongol said:

It is not sure to be in the thai top of the top celebrity ranking is the best way to be part of international success. I think it's better to be a star into the the yaoi world, cause they 'll be internationally knows by all yaoi's fans, which is a lot better to be a local top of the top local thai star, who are totally unknow for the rest of the world! Yaoi's star (male and female) are support into the whole world (just have a look into this forum or others dedicated to verify it) and is not only made for fangirling, cause lot of guys are involved too! That's why i appreciate slowly but surely it spread his love's message over the whole human race, and is not limited to asian countries!

ps: so i agree with your comment if the target is the thai movies/series market!

I'm sure all of these people playing BL characters aim to be Mario Maurer, who's not just a superstar in Thailand but also a star in Asia particularly China and South-East Asia. The only gay character Mario ever played was his first role in Love of Siam which was his breakout role. Captain has said it before too, he wants to be like Mario. I'm 100% sure everyone else wants to be like Mario too. More income, more money, more opportunity, more endorsements!

Also, your comment about local Thai stars not playing yaoi characters and not internationally renowned can easily be disputed if you visit the biggest international Thai entertainment forum: https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/forums/thai.5/ 

I'm not saying it's not good to continue playing BL roles, I believe I supported it in one of the threads here. But every actor needs variation for their own future acting development. For example, what's wrong with playing a gay character who is not in a relationship? Instead of being defined by him being gay, isn't it better if he's defined as his own person? Why do all gay roles have to be in romantic relationships? it's restricting to an actor's ability.

This is not just for BL though, mind you. Straight relationships too, why they do have to be involved with each other? Can't these characters just be friends? If they're strictly romance dramas then I can understand, but when the major theme is something else (mystery or horror for example) but they put too much romance in it, it gets annoying pretty fast. I don't like Kdramas much because they're always too focused on love. The same goes for Thai lakorns too. My go-to Asian dramas have always been Japanese dramas because of their huge diversity in themes. I wish that Kdrama and Thai lakorn can be like that too someday. For example, Project S The Series is the best drama production on Thai TV at the moment, and it's focused on sports, teamwork and friendship, no obvious romance. And that is very very good! 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, whitedove said:

I'm sure all of these people playing BL characters aim to be Mario Maurer, who's not just a superstar in Thailand but also a star in Asia particularly China and South-East Asia. The only gay character Mario ever played was his first role in Love of Siam which was his breakout role. Captain has said it before too, he wants to be like Mario. I'm 100% sure everyone else wants to be like Mario too. More income, more money, more opportunity, more endorsements!

Also, your comment about local Thai stars not playing yaoi characters and not internationally renowned can easily be disputed if you visit the biggest international Thai entertainment forum: https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/forums/thai.5/ 

I'm not saying it's not good to continue playing BL roles, I believe I supported it in one of the threads here. But every actor needs variation for their own future acting development. For example, what's wrong with playing a gay character who is not in a relationship? Instead of being defined by him being gay, isn't it better if he's defined as his own person? Why do all gay roles have to be in romantic relationships? it's restricting to an actor's ability.

This is not just for BL though, mind you. Straight relationships too, why they do have to be involved with each other? Can't these characters just be friends? If they're strictly romance dramas then I can understand, but when the major theme is something else (mystery or horror for example) but they put too much romance in it, it gets annoying pretty fast. I don't like Kdramas much because they're always too focused on love. The same goes for Thai lakorns too. My go-to Asian dramas have always been Japanese dramas because of their huge diversity in themes. I wish that Kdrama and Thai lakorn can be like that too someday. For example, Project S The Series is the best drama production on Thai TV at the moment, and it's focused on sports, teamwork and friendship, no obvious romance. And that is very very good! 

Just notice that Mario Maurer is totally unknow in Europa (maybe except for those as me who have seen LOS, but who remember him?) and for US market too (have asked one asian friend living between SF and Las Vegas). I'm not sure he meets glory, fame and fortune into these countries! Ten years after, M. Maurer is even less than a ghost there. However, i hope the best for him into the bankable international movie market.

Thai movie market is limited, more if we consider there is only one kind that can be export worldwide (action/kung fu), however european market for these kind of movies is also very limited. Lakorns are nonexistent there, only swarshbuckling flying swords are appreciate if they comes from China (and rare excellent movie as "In the mood for love")!

I also said somewhere (into Soompi forum) i don't care if a serie/movie have no BL ingredients, and i'm able to watch a straight movie from beginning to end just for actor's play. But only if they are good actors! I think a good actor is able to play every kind of role. There is a french actor i don't appreciate for his political thoughts (Gérard Depardieu, friend with Poutine, Fidel Castro, and some right extremist leaders), however, he is the best french actor, able to perfectly play any role from the more humble to the highest place as a republic president. Totally moron (and drunk) into private life and great in front of camera! Improve the talent? You have or you have not. No-one acting lesson will give you talent. You can improve what you have to do, not more. I don't say it's a necessity to be gay for play gay role. I just say (IMO) it's better to play gay role for made a first step into celebrity. It is well know that almost all gay role are play with straight actors. 

And i never said actors must be involved with each other. I just made an exception with QuingYu, cause this couple is perfect just for what they are! I can watch and re-rewatch all their works (movies/series/singing/shows entertainers) the reason is i have a particular feeling for both. They never be annoying to me. For others, things can evolve depending of the storyline, which is quickly becoming repetitive (showing same scene for the same reason, even it is BL or straight movie/serie), and thai production is often in this way. Have seen first Project S the series ep, and i am not yet convinced. Maybe because i saw so many wrong details into sport actions. But as i am "attracted" by Thiti, i will surely continue to watch the serie. Even he have a non gay role  ha ha ha!

21 hours ago, whitedove said:

Totally agree with this opinion.

11 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Just notice that Mario Maurer is totally unknow in Europa (maybe except for those as me who have seen LOS, but who remember him?) and for US market too (have asked one asian friend living between SF and Las Vegas). I'm not sure he meets glory, fame and fortune into these countries! Ten years after, M. Maurer is even less than a ghost there. However, i hope the best for him into the bankable international movie market.

Thai movie market is limited, more if we consider there is only one kind that can be export worldwide (action/kung fu), however european market for these kind of movies is also very limited. Lakorns are nonexistent there, only swarshbuckling flying swords are appreciate if they comes from China (and rare excellent movie as "In the mood for love")!

I also said somewhere (into Soompi forum) i don't care if a serie/movie have no BL ingredients, and i'm able to watch a straight movie from beginning to end just for actor's play. But only if they are good actors! I think a good actor is able to play every kind of role. There is a french actor i don't appreciate for his political thoughts (Gérard Depardieu, friend with Poutine, Fidel Castro, and some right extremist leaders), however, he is the best french actor, able to perfectly play any role from the more humble to the highest place as a republic president. Totally moron (and drunk) into private life and great in front of camera! Improve the talent? You have or you have not. No-one acting lesson will give you talent. You can improve what you have to do, not more. I don't say it's a necessity to be gay for play gay role. I just say (IMO) it's better to play gay role for made a first step into celebrity. It is well know that almost all gay role are play with straight actors. 

And i never said actors must be involved with each other. I just made an exception with QuingYu, cause this couple is perfect just for what they are! I can watch and re-rewatch all their works (movies/series/singing/shows entertainers) the reason is i have a particular feeling for both. They never be annoying to me. For others, things can evolve depending of the storyline, which is quickly becoming repetitive (showing same scene for the same reason, even it is BL or straight movie/serie), and thai production is often in this way. Have seen first Project S the series ep, and i am not yet convinced. Maybe because i saw so many wrong details into sport actions. But as i am "attracted" by Thiti, i will surely continue to watch the serie. Even he have a non gay role  ha ha ha!

I think you're very biased. I agree that today's actor in Thai who don't have any experience in acting before enter the lakorn industries to play as gay. But not because playing as gay will give you instant success, but merely because BL theme lakorn is above the cloud right now, just like in '60 the spy/espionage/cold war movie takes people attention, thanks to James Bond movie series. 

We (and I mean asian people) know Mario Maurer, but why the European and American don't know him? Because his works mostly aimed for Asian countries. But how could we knows Johnny Depp, Scarlett Johansson, etc? Because their works aimed for every single country in the world. It's just a matter of target market. I'm sure we all knows Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, why? Because the works also aimed for people in the world, not just Asian countries.

So I couldn't accept the idea of playing as a gay will give you recognition in the world, it depends on what the worlds audience willing to pay for movie ticket/product endorsement.

4 hours ago, teepakorn said:

Totally agree with this opinion.

I think you're very biased. I agree that today's actor in Thai who don't have any experience in acting before enter the lakorn industries to play as gay. But not because playing as gay will give you instant success, but merely because BL theme lakorn is above the cloud right now, just like in '60 the spy/espionage/cold war movie takes people attention, thanks to James Bond movie series. 

We (and I mean asian people) know Mario Maurer, but why the European and American don't know him? Because his works mostly aimed for Asian countries. But how could we knows Johnny Depp, Scarlett Johansson, etc? Because their works aimed for every single country in the world. It's just a matter of target market. I'm sure we all knows Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, why? Because the works also aimed for people in the world, not just Asian countries.

So I couldn't accept the idea of playing as a gay will give you recognition in the world, it depends on what the worlds audience willing to pay for movie ticket/product endorsement.

This! Especially this part: "but merely because BL theme lakorn is above the cloud right now, just like in '60 the spy/espionage/cold war movie takes people attention, thanks to James Bond movie series."

To be a fan of a Thai artist in a Thai entertainment industry, you have to understand the industry itself. This industry can be pretty short-lived. In 5-10 years when BL lakorns are no longer in demand, where would these guys be if they don't start to branch out?

4 hours ago, teepakorn said:

It's good we can exprim and exchange different opinion there! Am i very biased? I just write what i see from my french point of view. I never said playing gay character will gives you instant success! But i written it will immediatly gives an international aidience, which is a lot better than a local one, even it is Thailand. If lakorn and BL movies/series have international fame and success, it is not because USA, Europa or latino's countries gives an help, it is mainly coming from international fans. For a country i well know (France), it is not an openly LGBT friendly one. BL movie/serie can exist on national TV channel, but this is a microscopic market/target, more educationnal toward young peoples and their parents. However, a true big BL waves emerged this recent years through dedicated BL forums/blogs, BL news through social network, and lot of unknow actors playing into BL "target" becomes instantly famed. This happens in every european countries and isn't limited to this area. It's an international wave! In an usual (straight) way, it takes a more long times becoming to just be a little know actor. And in second, it's more fast to spread the world renowned when actors are good at it, and offer a nice face as so many thai actors have!

For M. Maurer, it is just for played a gay character he entered into the international fame (because of movie international success). Then, he dissapeared into asian movie market. This will explain that.

It is because young generation havn't the same point of view onto the sexual choice/activity as their parents that the possibilities to be a "star" in a movie gay character is possible, and as usual, the best will win the first place on the headline! But that's just my opinion, and it's good to read from others another point of view. So you are welcome for more!

14 minutes ago, whitedove said:

To be a fan of a Thai artist in a Thai entertainment industry, you have to understand the industry itself. This industry can be pretty short-lived. In 5-10 years when BL lakorns are no longer in demand, where would these guys be if they don't start to branch out?

I never say it is an obligation to play into and only gay character. I just said it gives a more fast access to international stardom. Don't put words in my mouth i never said  :wink:

2 hours ago, whitedove said:

Okay let's go back to the topic of this thread.

The full cast and production team wrapping up the filming:

uktkXfY.jpg

PunPun & Gun:

td9EFbX.jpg

More under the cut:

Hide contents

Iw1rycu.jpg

v3NBTki.jpg

credit to secretsevenseries IG

Hey I know the director, he directed Room Alone 1 and 2 before, so trust me this series will be full of drama!

On 6/12/2017 at 2:40 AM, gogole mongol said:

I never say it is an obligation to play into and only gay character. I just said it gives a more fast access to international stardom. Don't put words in my mouth i never said  :wink:

Okay fair enough. Maybe I just find it hard to understand your wordings.

7 hours ago, whitedove said:

Okay fair enough. Maybe I just find it hard to understand your wordings

Am sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my native language. I try to do my best in this way, and i know the road is long....

I certainly speak/write in english as i do with french, which have some similarities with words, but can have different word meaning. I also know i'm not enough diplomatic, but i'm willing to call a spade...a spade! You know, it's also hard to me to understand some others wordings, especially when some english abbrevations are used. French language is a (too much) sophisticated one, so it's not easy for me to immediatly simplify my thoughts into the right words or wordings!

19 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Am sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my native language. I try to do my best in this way, and i know the road is long....

I certainly speak/write in english as i do with french, which have some similarities with words, but can have different word meaning. I also know i'm not enough diplomatic, but i'm willing to call a spade...a spade! You know, it's also hard to me to understand some others wordings, especially when some english abbrevations are used. French language is a (too much) sophisticated one, so it's not easy for me to immediatly simplify my thoughts into the right words or wordings!

No problem! :)

23 hours ago, clon_105 said:

Who is the girl in the with Captain?

A supporting cast member, according to IG her name is Mean Sarunthorn. Actually if you've noticed, there are also another 2 girls beside Punpun. So basically there are 4 girls altogether in this cast.

My second fave ship of all time:

PunPun Sutatta & Kang Vorakorn

You guys have no clue.  My first couple comes from U-Prince's Crazy Artist.  I've watched so many Thai dramas and I felt nothing can ever beat Cherry & Mart or Janie & Ken, but these two pairings from Crazy Artist and Gentle Vet takes the cake. They really played off each other perfectly.

I can't wait for PPS and KV to rock my world.  We all know they're going to end up together at the end of the episode based on the way the line-up is going. They are ending up together, right?! They better be, because I'm not investing in any other pair.  I'm investing in the funnies with the other's but here for my OTP. 

** I swear to gods and I'll say it again. They're probably going to make extensions where all the guys get paired up with girls. Therefore, those extra girls will be paired up with a girl---Captain's girl is probably that chick at the end. She's super cute after all. Then they'll have extended stories for three others. Considering the cat who played Hawk from U-Prince is there and the girls go ga-ga for him. 

@gogole mongol Si vous avez besoin quelqu'un pour aider traduis en anglais, je vais aider.  Oui, comme mon prof ma dire, j'écris des phrase malendroit. Mais, je lit et comprendre Francais tres bien. Et pour apprendre l'anglais, vous avez besoin faire beaucoup des fautes, au tout va apprendre rien. 

6 hours ago, vaberella said:

@gogole mongol Si vous avez besoin quelqu'un pour aider traduis en anglais, je vais aider.  Oui, comme mon prof ma dire, j'écris des phrase malendroit. Mais, je lit et comprendre Francais tres bien. Et pour apprendre l'anglais, vous avez besoin faire beaucoup des fautes, au tout va apprendre rien.

Hi and thanks for your offer! Nevertheless actually i train my english with one of my brother which is living in UK since long years! He is now a lot better into english language, than in french (truly!), so it's mutual exchange. I fix his mistakes and he fix mine! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Official teaser:

Synopsis:

Meet the latest series produced by GMMTV where there's only one heroine but there are seven heroes! This is the story of Padlom (Punpun Sutatta), a lonely girl who's afraid of love. However one day, someone told her that a guy secretly likes her, and this guy is supposed to be among these seven young men! Follow Padlom's passionate love story, and how will Padlom find out which of the seven guys is secretly in love with her?

Archived