Korean skincare products?

luhanhearto478

On 28/02/2017 at 0:07 AM, luhanhearto478 said:

hey guys i wanted to know what kind of korean skincare products you use? i've only had etude house stuff so far and i really like them!

Hi @luhanhearto478, I've used a few Korean skincare products before such as Etude House, Laneige & Innisfree. My current favourite Korean skincare brand would definitely be Innisfree. 

I have done a few reviews on their products on my blog which you can check out if you like :)

https://miss-sennnaa.blogspot.com.au/search/label/beauty?&max-results=20

@luhanhearto478
You get what you pay for.
You should know that Korean skincare can be much cheaper than western skincare.

Let me give you a few recs.

Missha -
popular items: First Treatment Essence,/ Missha Long Name Ampoule,  Missha Perfect Cover BB cream, Missha Real Signature Complete BB cream

Mizon - great actives = acids/detox products;
Personal Holy Grail item - Mizon Black Snail Cream, Mizon AHA/BHA Toner
popular item: Mizon Black Snail Cream, Mizon Snail Recovery Cream, Mizon AHA Peel Serum, Mizon AHA/BHA Toner
recently popular: Mizon Aqua Moisture Gel Cream

cosRX - good brand, great acids ; good, soothing skincare
Personal Holy Grail Item - I like their cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid (4% BHA), cosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask
popular items: cosRX Snail 96% Mucin Power Essence (aka White Power Essence), cosRX AHA/BHA Toner
recently popular: cosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask

Innisfree - known for their natural approach to skincare;
personal HG item - If you suffer from pores and need a good primer, get the Innisfree No Sebum Blur Primer
popular items: Innisfree Green Tea Skincare Line (pretty much all products), Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder, Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock

Benton - again, natural approach to skincare;
popular items: Benton High Content Snail Bee Steam Cream, Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence, Benotn Aloe Toner

Nature Republic -
good products: Snail Skin Booster/Solution/Emulsion, Nature Republic Original Power Blemish Ampoule 

more popular products: Tonymoly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream, Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion, IOPE Air Cushion XP, Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control, Mizon Acence Blemish Out Pink Spot, Etude House Skin Smootheners, Laneige Sleeping Water Pack_ex 
I could go on and on... 

What's your price range and what issues/concerns do you have? ^ ^

[ok, that took longer than expected... hope this helps you!]

UPDATE:
You should join the AB community on reddit.com.
I am sure the guys over there will answer all your questions.
direct link: https://reddit.com/r/asianbeauty

UPDATE 2:
Here, take a look at this beginner guide:

Thank you guys so much for your recommendations! 

On 1.3.2017 at 2:50 AM, lazypandah said:

Hi @luhanhearto478, I've used a few Korean skincare products before such as Etude House, Laneige & Innisfree. My current favourite Korean skincare brand would definitely be Innisfree. 

I have done a few reviews on their products on my blog which you can check out if you like :)

https://miss-sennnaa.blogspot.com.au/search/label/beauty?&max-results=20

Haven't heard of Innisfree yet but i'll check it out! and thank you for posting the link to your blog i always love reading those <3 

On 6.3.2017 at 3:53 AM, suj860703 said:

I've sworn by Missha's Treatment Essence for years - I've gone through countless bottles. It really depends what price range you're looking at though?

my skin is pretty oily and my pores are huge so i was wondering if there was any solution for that? my skin is pretty bad and no western product has helped me so far and i thought maybe korean products would be more suitable for me. price range can be from 10 bucks to 20 but more than that would be a little too expensive maybe? 

On 6.3.2017 at 8:06 AM, fudanshidesu said:

@luhanhearto478
You get what you pay for.
You should know that Korean skincare can be much cheaper than western skincare.

Let me give you a few recs.

Missha -
popular items: First Treatment Essence,/ Missha Long Name Ampoule,  Missha Perfect Cover BB cream, Missha Real Signature Complete BB cream

Mizon - great actives = acids/detox products;
Personal Holy Grail item - Mizon Black Snail Cream, Mizon AHA/BHA Toner
popular item: Mizon Black Snail Cream, Mizon Snail Recovery Cream, Mizon AHA Peel Serum, Mizon AHA/BHA Toner
recently popular: Mizon Aqua Moisture Gel Cream

cosRX - good brand, great acids ; good, soothing skincare
Personal Holy Grail Item - I like their cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid (4% BHA), cosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask
popular items: cosRX Snail 96% Mucin Power Essence (aka White Power Essence), cosRX AHA/BHA Toner
recently popular: cosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask

Innisfree - known for their natural approach to skincare;
personal HG item - If you suffer from pores and need a good primer, get the Innisfree No Sebum Blur Primer
popular items: Innisfree Green Tea Skincare Line (pretty much all products), Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder, Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock

Benton - again, natural approach to skincare;
popular items: Benton High Content Snail Bee Steam Cream, Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence, Benotn Aloe Toner

Nature Republic -
good products: Snail Skin Booster/Solution/Emulsion, Nature Republic Original Power Blemish Ampoule 

more popular products: Tonymoly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream, Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion, IOPE Air Cushion XP, Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control, Mizon Acence Blemish Out Pink Spot, Etude House Skin Smootheners, Laneige Sleeping Water Pack_ex 
I could go on and on... 

What's your price range and what issues/concerns do you have? ^ ^

[ok, that took longer than expected... hope this helps you!]

UPDATE:
You should join the AB community on reddit.com.
I am sure the guys over there will answer all your questions.
direct link: https://reddit.com/r/asianbeauty

UPDATE 2:
Here, take a look at this beginner guide:

thanks so much!!! was really surprised how many products there actually are omg :D so i guess innisfree is good against oily skin and huge pores?

Hmmm... oily skin and huge pores huh....

My recommendation is to wash your face with icy cold water. That helps with tightening of pores (and a slimmer face haha).  I also recommend gentle exfoliation. I am not sure of the exact mechanism but gentle exfoliation is healthy for any skin type.

Honestly though, I would recommend products but generally I would say take care of your skin by moisturizing well. Don't use the heavy duty moisturizer but a good one that tells your skin to calm down with the oil production. I recommend Alive:lab's Multi Ice Cream. I got this recommendation from Hanbyul, a Korean YouTuber who has AH-MAZING skin tips. 

Hope this helps~

On 20.3.2017 at 4:24 AM, woofanie said:

Hmmm... oily skin and huge pores huh....

My recommendation is to wash your face with icy cold water. That helps with tightening of pores (and a slimmer face haha).  I also recommend gentle exfoliation. I am not sure of the exact mechanism but gentle exfoliation is healthy for any skin type.

Honestly though, I would recommend products but generally I would say take care of your skin by moisturizing well. Don't use the heavy duty moisturizer but a good one that tells your skin to calm down with the oil production. I recommend Alive:lab's Multi Ice Cream. I got this recommendation from Hanbyul, a Korean YouTuber who has AH-MAZING skin tips. 

Hope this helps~

thank you so much!! i've never heard of these methods before and i'll definitely try those out!! 

guess Hanbyul just won herself a new subscriber haha :D <3 

For oily skin and enlarged pores, and if you want something made with natural ingredients, maybe you could check out the Activated Charcoal Clay Masque from Banish. A friend recommended this to me and when I tried it, I fell in love the very first time I used it! :wub:

They have this 30-day money back guarantee too, so it's really worth a try.:wink:

• 3 months later...

I love laneige, and The Face Shop! I love the packaging so much for The Face Shop. I also really like the Mishibox subscription box. It's one of those monthly boxes that come in the mail and it has all sorts of korean skincare products! They send different brands and I like it because I try brands and products I've never heard of. The only downside for me is sometimes they send out makeup products in place of skincare products, which can be annoying because I only care about skincare really. But 98% of the time it's all skincare. Here's an unboxing video so you have an idea of what comes in the Mishibox, there are also lots of other uboxing videos, i just posted this one because it's for July of this month. I looked at lots of unboxing videos before I decided on buying the subscription. :) My favorite product so far has been this face spray that contains snail mucus. I wish I could remember the brand! :( 

• 3 weeks later...

OMG this thread! I love love love K-Beauty! They're always releasing something brand new plus its so affordable! I love Innisfree! I think most things from that brand is amazing but recently I've been getting into Pyunkang Yul. I heard about it from a Youtuber who said it was from an oriental medicine clinic and that it was incredibly gentle. I have really sensitive skin so I tried it out and so far my skins been nice and calm!

• 4 months later...

I am usingg laneige water sleeping mask and lips mask

I combined it with daily SK ii (japan product)  cream  and pitera essence and clear lotion

• 2 weeks later...

I use Laneige a lot. One of my favorite is the Water Bank Moisture Cream! It was pretty cheap, I bought it under $20 at Kmall24. But don't forget to check other Korean beauty sites(Sokoglam, memebox,...) and Sephora. At Sephora, belief is also good, bit pricy tho. 

On 2/27/2017 at 8:07 PM, luhanhearto478 said:

hey guys i wanted to know what kind of korean skincare products you use? i've only had etude house stuff so far and i really like them!

I've just tried Nature Republic Aloe Vera and Innisfree Jeju Volcanic mask and that works for me

I have used many products for anti-wrinkle but didn't get any noticeable result. After so many research on the internet, I found the product that gives me good compare than any other products. Many of my friends also apply this get and get good results. I hope this product also help you, you can purchase this product online on eBay. 

REF LINK - https://goo.gl/8d1gtR

Archived