[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

28 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

I definitely agree that I'm less shocked by a dad wailing away on a guy he thinks probably took advantage of his daughter, but...still, I wish they'd played it differently. And I know someone suggested that maybe we'll get a flashback to that scene where it's different than what we already saw, but I just don't see how that will happen...aigooooo what a mess. On to happier things! 

Yes! I'm an '81-er, which means I don't fit into either Gen-X or Gen-Y very well, and it also means that I'm starting to realize I'm "noona" to most of the men coming into the Kdrama world now (Not that I mind much...I'm a very happy noona, hahaha!!! If Ha Ji Won can do it all the time then so can I!). What's that line about "if he's handsome, he's oppa"? I'm definitely holding to that as truth!!!! :D 

Since we're between episodes, I'm wondering - how long have you all been watching Kdramas, and what made you choose to watch Fight for My Way? I'm always curious how people find this world - I got into it 10 years ago thru Full House but it was Coffee Prince that really addicted me forever (helloooooo, Gong Yoo). I love seeing dramas like FFMW that break into new territory and/or portray aspects of life in S. Korea that we haven't necessarily seen before - and it's been super interesting seeing a trend toward romances that are more adult in their themes and in their interactions while still retaining a romcom/fun atmosphere. I feel like so much of what we used to see in romcoms was this sort of chaste peck on the lips and MAYBE holding hands, whereas now we get these amazing moments like the kisses at the end of FFMW ep. 10 - it's not a change I'm complaining about, for sure, LOL!!! Anyway, sorry to ramble - I love this thread and all of you wonderful people! :blush:

What what! I'm an 81'er too! Yay 81 for the win!

My boo is Korean and he got me into Korean dramas back when we were dating (we are since married). I didn't know anything about Korea so he thought it would be a good way to introduce me to the culture. The funny thing is, now I know more about Korean dramas than he does, lol. He is more of a variety person. He really likes Fight For My Way though so we watch it together.

My first drama was Chuno! Dae-gil forevaaaah. We decided to watch Fight For My Way because I was writing about News at Dramabeans (love them) and Fight For My Way was one of the dramas I was assigned to write about. It immediately peaked my interest because we are in the middle of a career change and we both love the UFC (MMA).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@msbeatrice81 and @V - oh my god! I am a 81er too! Ching us! !! :D he he... funny thing is Coffee Prince was my first KDrama. Been watching them since 2011. 

I started watching this for PSJ. I loved him in A Witch's Romance. I have not been a huge fan of his other works, except Beauty Inside but he appears like 20 minutes or so in there.

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@msbeatrice81 and @V - oh my god! I am a 81er too! Ching us! !! :D he he... funny thing is Coffee Prince was my first KDrama. Been watching them since 2011. 

I started watching this for PSJ. I loved him in A Witch's Romance. I have not been a huge fan of his other works, except Beauty Inside but he appears like 20 minutes or so in there.

Yay!!! More 81'ers, I am so happy :-)

I geeked out so hard over Coffee Prince. I watched it at least a dozen times and bought the soundtrack. LOVED that drama.

10 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

This is the best...who knew so many '81 친구들 were hanging around in this thread, haha! I'm blaming PSJ for it...well, him and the fact that Kim Ji Won was so great with Jin Goo in Descendants of the Sun!!

I wonder how many people were addicted to kdramas because of Coffee Prince? Has to be so many...and now I feel like dramas like FFMW and Suspicious Partner have the same endearing relatability that CP had, the kind that crosses cultural borders, so I'm hoping that means there are going to be lots more international fans!!

'81-ers, Fighting! :) 

Just now, V said:

Yay!!! More 81'ers, I am so happy :-)

I geeked out so hard over Coffee Prince. I watched it at least a dozen times and bought the soundtrack. LOVED that drama.

Oh my god! I also keep re watching Coffee Prince. I also bought the soundtrack!! Ha ha ha... I guess Gong Yoo is doing well with 81ers :wink: ha ha

31 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

This is so great...it's SUCH a perfect song for this couple!!!!! <3

I soooooo love the songs P!nk writes about her and her husband!!!  And it is a perfect song for AR and DM!:heart:

2 hours ago, msbeatrice81 said:

3 hours ago, V said:

Though I don't believe in hitting as a form of punishment, I kind of feel like a Father hitting his girlfriends childhood friend might be more accepted depending on how close they are and considering he thought they just did it (though, damn, a hanger? That was a bit too much). I think it definitely depends on the culture you grew up in. (On a side note, are you a 80's baby? You don't have to answer, only asking because of your username. 80's babies unite!)

I definitely agree that I'm less shocked by a dad wailing away on a guy he thinks probably took advantage of his daughter, but...still, I wish they'd played it differently. And I know someone suggested that maybe we'll get a flashback to that scene where it's different than what we already saw, but I just don't see how that will happen...aigooooo what a mess. On to happier things! 

Haha!  That someone is me.  Since I hate the hitting so much, I'm desperately clinging to the idea of a different understanding of the circumstances.  I know it looks mighty incriminating, but we didn't actually see Ae-ra's dad hit Dong-man.  We saw him standing with a hanger and Dong-man with marks on his back.

tumblr_oryvn5KLyJ1w2zf0ho1_540.png

With the watch coming off, the tattoo, the music, and the hanger, they seem to be playing it for laughs.  (But a real beating would not be funny.)  Maybe they're playing some weird game of "Guess the Shape I'm Drawing on Your Back."  I know Dong-man threatens blackmail later about the incident, but he still could be blackmailing this version.  Fingers crossed for a happier, wackier version!

Annyeong

Thought of sharing this since I haven't seen anyone posting about it (apologies if I overlooked)

Based on Gallup Korea (a research company), FFMW placed at No. 3 as 'South Koreans' Favorite TV Programs' for June 2017 behind 1st placed 'Infinite Challenge' and 'War of Words' (both are variety shows). FFMW is No. 1 for drama, followed by KBS1 daily drama 'Lovers in Bloom' (No. 4), KBS2 weekend drama 'Father is Strange' (No. 5). FFMW scored really high among women in 20s and 30s.

I believe it is such an amazing feat for FFMW to be loved by Koreans in such a short period of time :)  And the ratings are considerably good and stable. Keep on flourishing Ssam Ma!~

p/s: just sharing an interesting trivia. DCGallers called DM/AR couple as '최고' (the best), 최 from Choi (AR) and 고 from Go (DM) :wub:

On 23/06/2017 at 5:34 AM, x_____hikari_____x said:

Annyeong

Thought of sharing this since I haven't seen anyone posting about it (apologies if I overlooked)

Based on Gallup Korea (a research company), FFMW placed at No. 3 as 'South Koreans' Favorite TV Programs' for June 2017 behind 1st placed 'Infinite Challenge' and 'War of Words' (both are variety shows). FFMW is No. 1 for drama, followed by KBS1 daily drama 'Lovers in Bloom' (No. 4), KBS2 weekend drama 'Father is Strange' (No. 5). FFMW scored really high among women in 20s and 30s.

I believe it is such an amazing feat for FFMW to be loved by Koreans in such a short period of time :)  And the ratings are considerably good and stable. Keep on flourishing Ssam Ma!~

p/s: just sharing an interesting trivia. DCGallers called DM/AR couple as '최고' (the best), 최 from Choi (AR) and 고 from Go (DM) :wub:

thank you so much for your post!!!!so happy to hear that they are first in the drama department!!and  No. 3 as 'South Koreans' Favorite TV Programs' for June 2017!!  they got and the internasional interest as well they are the '최고':wink:

3 hours ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Yes! I'm an '81-er, which means I don't fit into either Gen-X or Gen-Y very well, and it also means that I'm starting to realize I'm "noona" to most of the men coming into the Kdrama world now (Not that I mind much...I'm a very happy noona, hahaha!!! If Ha Ji Won can do it all the time then so can I!). What's that line about "if he's handsome, he's oppa"? I'm definitely holding to that as truth!!!! :D 

Since we're between episodes, I'm wondering - how long have you all been watching Kdramas, and what made you choose to watch Fight for My Way? I'm always curious how people find this world - I got into it 10 years ago thru Full House but it was Coffee Prince that really addicted me forever (helloooooo, Gong Yoo). I love seeing dramas like FFMW that break into new territory and/or portray aspects of life in S. Korea that we haven't necessarily seen before - and it's been super interesting seeing a trend toward romances that are more adult in their themes and in their interactions while still retaining a romcom/fun atmosphere. I feel like so much of what we used to see in romcoms was this sort of chaste peck on the lips and MAYBE holding hands, whereas now we get these amazing moments like the kisses at the end of FFMW ep. 10 - it's not a change I'm complaining about, for sure, LOL!!! Anyway, sorry to ramble - I love this thread and all of you wonderful people! :blush:

Great to share the love!! Ive been watching Kdramas for a year and a half just! Was on maternity leave feeding my second child at 2 am one night... my hormones were going crazy after giving birth and was desperate to watch some romance and cheer up. Coffee Prince came up online and decided to give it a chance, the rest is history and Gong Yoo...

Im from Spain, and literally nobody here has heard of Korean Tv, people think Im crazy, including my husband :wink: but I recently talked him into watching Tunnel and he is actually very pleasantly surprised.

Love romcoms and Im enjoying Fight my way sooo much! By the way, Im not an 81er, Im 79er, same year as Gong Yoo! :wink:

On 23/06/2017 at 6:18 AM, stroppyse said:
Spoiler

Photos from the article:

More photos from the article under spoiler.

Hide contents

Translation of the article:

Park Seo Joon “Some or Whatever” 

Park Seo Joon is showing an attractiveness like a bulldozer. (means that his charms are hitting everyone full force) 
In KBS 2TV Mon-Tues drama “Fighting My Way (Writer Im Sang Choon, Director Lee Na Jung)’, Park Seo Joon who plays “Go Dong Man” emotionally kisses Kim Ji Won which made the fans hearts race and beat loudly. 

On the broadcast on the 20th at 10 pm, in the ending, Dong Man gives to Ae Ra (Kim Ji Won)’ a heart racing’ kiss and started a passionate romance. Dong Man, who had been given a kiss by his ex-girlfriend Hye Ran in front of Ae Ra because of her jealousy, pushes her away, and chasing after Ae Ra, kisses her and expresses his heart. After that, Dong Man tells Ae Ra “If we’ve kissed, it’s Day 1” and confessing to her and asking her to date, he hotly kisses her again, making the watching female viewers excited. 

During that time, realizing his feelings for Ae Ra have been changing over their twenty years from being his female best friend to being a woman, Dong Man through his reckless kissing starts the two people on a new romantic relationship that is a ‘Flower Road Romance’. Especially, his outright rejection of the ex-girlfriend Hye Ran who hangs on to foolishly was received well by the viewers, and with Ae Ra who had been loving him,  ‘Straight Ahead Romance’ has been warmly welcome by the viewers.

Such a Park Seo Joon who expresses his heart freely without reservation is seen as an attractive modern man who makes hearts beat faster, and with the details of his gaze, his expression, his lines, his actions has created a sweet mood. 

Park Seo Joon, Kim Ji Won are going down the road together in an thrilling romance which is unfolding in the already started KBS 2TV “Fighting, My Way”, the number 1 ranked program on Mon-Tues, broadcast every Mon-Tues at 10 pm. 

As always @stroppyse you are DAEBAK !  Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, gusanito said:

Great to share the love!! Ive been watching Kdramas for a year and a half just! Was on maternity leave feeding my second child at 2 am one night... my hormones were going crazy after giving birth and was desperate to watch some romance and cheer up. Coffee Prince came up online and decided to give it a chance, the rest is history and Gong Yoo...

Im from Spain, and literally nobody here has heard of Korean Tv, people think Im crazy, including my husband :wink: but I recently talked him into watching Tunnel and he is actually very pleasantly surprised.

Love romcoms and Im enjoying Fight my way sooo much! By the way, Im not an 81er, Im 79er, same year as Gong Yoo! :wink:

Korean dramas and feeding babies definitely go hand in hand. I watched a bunch as well during that time :-)

I'm jealous that you're the same year as Gong Yoo! I have yet to find 81 actors, but I also haven't looked around that much. Does anyone know of any? I know of the female ones like I think Song Hye-kyo is?

32 minutes ago, V said:

I'm jealous that you're the same year as Gong Yoo! I have yet to find 81 actors, but I also haven't looked around that much. Does anyone know of any? I know of the female ones like I think Song Hye-kyo is?

I know a few: Lee Dong-wook, Kim Rae-won, Jo In-sung, Kim Nam-gil, Jung Woo, and then you're right about Song Hye-kyo, and also Jang Na-ra was born in 1981

Posting this little clip because it was one of my favorite moments in the last ep...I think it's so beautiful in dramas when a rough/seemingly ungentle character suddenly demonstrates extreme gentleness around the person they love. DM may be a fighter but he's a lover at heart! :) 

Archived