[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

6 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I loved both confessions, but "I am in trouble"  said it all. 

One translation I saw translated that as "I'm screwed..." which I thought was so funny...maybe too slangy for that moment, but definitely true!!! ^_^

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chingus, first time posting in this thread. This drama hooked me totally! I like it a lot because we can relate to it in our daily life, its not like those typical chaebol with poor girl type of drama. 

And i totally like AR and DM! The ending of ep 8 is daebak, i keep on replaying those part. And waiting for monday is so difficult lols.

as for the landlord lady aka fairy godmother, she must be related to one of them right? Seeing that she is helping both of them.

52 minutes ago, bobolovemomo said:

Hi chingus, first time posting in this thread. This drama hooked me totally! I like it a lot because we can relate to it in our daily life, its not like those typical chaebol with poor girl type of drama. 

And i totally like AR and DM! The ending of ep 8 is daebak, i keep on replaying those part. And waiting for monday is so difficult lols.

as for the landlord lady aka fairy godmother, she must be related to one of them right? Seeing that she is helping both of them.

So happy you're here!! :D At least if we all hang out here we can suffer through until Monday together! 

Just saw this on Twitter and it made me smile! So sorry if it's already been posted. :) 

32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for posting preview @annie1234. Here is a translation.

DM: Ae Ra. What should I get for Ae Ra? (seems as if DM bought gifts for everyone with his first win, but couldn't think of anything to buy AR. Uh oh.)
SH: Don’t you have anything for Ae Ra?
DM: There has to be something to buy (for her).
AR: Did anyone ask you to buy me something?! 
DM: Ouch! 
DM: Special Super-Rookie?
Man: I know the strength of your fist. 
Man: What is Ae Ra doing these days?
SH: Those two… are they causing trouble?
HR: Ae Ra, do you really think you’re going to make it?
AR: Looking at you, I think I’ll make it. 
HR: You want to go up against me, your role model? You need to get the job first before speaking. 
AR: Let’s compete properly for once. You just wait. 

So, DM and AR are still squabbling. However, seeing them sneak away from the apartment together hand in hand, they must be up to something. The preview is a total tease. Can't wait for Monday. 

Aaww thank you for the translation :wub: Love the way Ae Ra and DM sneaked away together. Seems like they are dating secretly. Maybe, DM just wants to give AR's gift. A kiss maybe?:lol: Seeing HR in the preview is enough to make me hate her even more! :angry:

Really can't wait for Monday

tumblr_oromdzi14Q1vqlkb3o3_540.gif

tumblr_oromdzi14Q1vqlkb3o6_500.gif

Where are they sneaking??ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248 

tumblr_oromdzi14Q1vqlkb3o9_540.gif

Hi everyone I think my last post here was on 3rd episode time and then I have been MIA from this thread as I  got caught on other thread...^_^ I thought I'll give it a TRY till episode 8 because I was not that fond of friends to lovers cliche but after giving it a try I'm loving it!crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378 Be it DM's clumsiness or AR being sassy and cute I'm liking it so far. I even liked the match crazy-monkey-emoticon-055.gif?1292792393 and the last scene of episode 8 was so..  crazy-monkey-emoticon-037.gif?1292792388 Anyway hope to get along properly on this thread from now on... and be more active..teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

As always thank you @stroppyse for translations

17 hours ago, V said:

I think she is still alive because they said she was sleeping when Dong-man went home for his mom's 60th birthday. It seems like she just doesn't want to talk to Dong-man when he comes to the house?

Oops, you are right. Sorry for the error.  

10 hours ago, msbeatrice81 said:

So happy you're here!! :D At least if we all hang out here we can suffer through until Monday together! 

Just saw this on Twitter and it made me smile! So sorry if it's already been posted. :) 

Yea yes we can suffer together, but at least we have the preview for now.

thank you so much for the translation! But the stars in the ending of ep 8 was still 4 star. I guess they will start dating when its full 8 stars? But of course if they start dating now, we will be head over heels :) 

@baranblaq Your pictures are excellent! How did you get them to be so crips and clear? I love them.

Hi Y'all! I did a full episode 1 recap with all the easter eggs, pop culture refrences, shooting locations and all that. Now that I think about it, I need to go back and add all the music as well.

http://www.bah-doo.com/fight-for-my-way-full-recap-round-1/

I sprinkled all the mentions throughout my write up (when they were first mentioned), but I also included a master list at the end of the write up. Here it is for all the Soompiers:

SSAM MAI EASTER EGGS 
[1] Ong-Bak movie, not super-duper old, but I think it qualifies
[2] Streetfighter video game
[3] Old Boy movie
[4] Kung-fu fighting song

POP CULTURE REFRENCES
[1] Teenie Beenie shirt and Wolf Haircut – Joo-man told this to Dong-man in high school
[2] Oppa Cha song – Dong-man sang this on his blind date
[3] Baek Ji-yeon and Kim Joo-ha – Barrier breaking female news anchors in Korea, they are mentioned during coffee when Ae-ra and Chang-sook are talking
[4] Sangmo guy – Korean traditional dancing person who swings his head, also mentioned when Ae-ra and Chang-sook are talking
[5] Goshiwon – Where Ae-ra’s boyfriend lives
[6] MMA – mixed martial arts

SHOOTING LOCATIONS
[1] Yeouido Saetgang Pedestrian Bridge [샛강다리] – Sul-hee walked across this bridge
[2] Shinsegae Department Store [신세계백화점 본점], Main Branch – Ae-ra’s workplace
[3] Cafe Between [카페비트윈] – Dong-man’s blind date
[4] Seoul Metropolitan Library [서울도서관] – Where Ae-ra calls her boyfriend
[5] Shinsegae Department Store [신세계백화점 본점], Rooftop Trinity Garden café – Where Ae-ra and Choong-sook were talking
[6] Namil Apartments, Busan South Korea – where the characters live
(Most of these locations are sourced from Korean Drama Land)

If anyone can think of any other tidbits from episode 1, let me know and I will add them in (with a shoutout to you of course!). I am going to do this for all the episodes because it helps me in the waiting period between episodes and because I REALLY WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING. See everyone on Monday!

Why this K-drama is ‘Fighting its Way’ to viewers’ hearts

INQPOP!  | JUNE 16TH, 2017
Main-768x512.jpg via Viu Philippines

Some Korean drama fanatics think that 2016 was really a great year for K-dramas. Writer Kim Eun-sook came back with two successful series: Descendants of the Sun and Goblin. Alongside it were other hits like Uncontrollably Fond, Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo among others.

This year, one K-drama taking viewers by storm—proving that 2017 can top what last year offered.

“Fight for My Way,” featuring Park Seo-joon and Kim Ji-won, is about young adults who once had big dreams but now struggle to reach them because of what society views as their below-average potentials. 

Starting with a viewership rate of 5.4 percent, Fight for My Way has steadily climbed up and is now considered the most popular TV drama in Korea for Mondays and Tuesdays. Wondering why it’s slowly becoming a household hit? Here are a few reasons:

1. The chemistry between the lead characters

Reason-No.-1-768x512.jpg via Viu Philippines

Some viewers were a bit hesitant at first that the chemistry would work between the two leads.  Seo-joon recently led a pack of warriors in Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth and was paired with Go Ara in the series. Ji-won played one of the second leads of Descendants of the Sun and was paired with Jin Goo. Yet, the two managed to fight their way out of the previous roles and effectively played their parts in the series.

2. The storyline

Reason-4-768x512.jpg via Viu Philippines

The drama may not the first romantic-comedy drama in the history of “dramaland,” but it offers a fresh plot to its audience. 

Dongman, played by Seo-joon, is a former Taekwondo prodigy whose sports career was temporarily halted due to an accident. He ended up working for a company that sprays pesticides at offices and residences. Aera, played by Ji-won, works at an information desk of a department store, temporarily forgetting her former dream of becoming a TV anchorwoman. They are childhood friends who both moved from a provincial town to Seoul for their high school education. After attending school, they remained neighbors who look out for each other during bad times.

3. You can relate to the characters

Spoiler

Reason-3-768x512.jpg

Park Seo-joon and Kim Ji-won | via Viu Philippines

Lee Gun-joon, the chief producer of the drama, once said that he wanted to focus on the stories of average people. 

“There are no chaebol (wealthy personality) in our drama. The focus is on ordinary people,” Lee said. “I wanted our characters to go through the hardships imposed on them by the people considered superior to them according to social standards, but (be able to) occasionally yell back at them too, when they receive unfair treatment.” he added. 

Some dramas back up their plot by using a “Cindrella complex” to appeal to viewers. But in Fight for My Way, the characters are all struggling in their respective lives. They are all trying to resolve how their hopes don’t quite match their reality.

4. Of course, the funny scenes

Spoiler

Reason-5-683x1024.jpg

An added factor why the drama is popular is because it tells the stories in a light and funny way, yet still letting the viewers feel the magnitude of each character’s struggles. Some viewers believe that it’s because of the excellent storytelling and direction of the drama.

5. Lastly, because deep inside each of us, we root for the underdogs and want to know what will happen to them

Spoiler

Reason-2-768x512.jpg

The drama successfully hooks viewers with all the reasons stated above. As the story unfolds, everyone is getting more excited to find out what will happen to the characters. Will they finally reach their dreams? Will they finally prove to society their worth as individuals? Will they end up together in the end? No matter what, one thing remains true: those watching the Fight For My Way want the best of both worlds for Dongman and Aera because underdogs deserve the best ending after all their struggles. 

Catch Fight For My Way only available on Viu! Upgrade now to Viu Premium for only 30 pesos, exclusively in Load Central outlets nationwide!

http://pop.inquirer.net/2017/06/k-drama-fighting-way-viewers-hearts/

Archived