[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Just saw the first ep of the anime. It's ok. Extremely fast-paced and whilst I can handle the slight deterioration in attractiveness of characters, sadly, the anime in itself just doesn't have the same essence as the dorama. Animes almost always fail to capture certain elements of reality, and in this anime, it's particularly so when it comes to the performances, which I feel are the highlights of the story. There's a lack of movement and the choppiness in the animation completely eradicates the vision of instrumental skills. :(

Saying that, though, I'll probably still watch it just to remind myself of the best parts of the dorama, as well as apply the unshown parts to imaginary performances by the live action cast. Also, absolutely adore the Crystal Kay sub-theme. Gots to find it. <3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love you more than life itself.

*runs off to figure out how to use emule*

By the by, I just realized the local chinese manga library store thing might have Nodame. Anyone know the chinese title?

just type nodame in the taiwan google website. you'll see the chinese title.

google.com.tw

Also watched the anime version. pales in comparison to the drama..

Guest Romancer.

I'm starting to watch it right now... it seems good but I find some of the acting exaggerated a bit too much =/

But I will still watch it XD

Guest boatswain

Watched anime. Will upload on mediafire for others :)

The anime is pretty decent. I liked it well enough :D

SPOILERS ALERT:

The animation is very cute :) JC Staff is very good at animating animes that don't have cutesywootsy chibis with big eyes (Pita-Ten LOL). The art style keeps close with the original artist and I love the use of soft, watercolor backgrounds :) It's nothing flashy, very soft and nice, the kind of feeling that you get from a manga like Nodame Cantabile. I really liked the coordination of the pieces, like when music score flashed up it would be in correspondence to the music being played. They even animated them playing the piano! That's a pretty amazing achievement :)

The actual story follows very close to the first episode of the drama. Seeing however that the anime is set to be twentysomething episodes long and only covering Volumes 1-9 (the same amount covered in the drama), I don't expect to see anymore of this faster paced action and something that sticks more to the original plot (the drama and manga differ slightly at the end in terms of order and time lengths, etc).

In terms of voice acting, I'm pretty impressed. They brought two amazing seiyuus, and I love Nodame's "Mukya!" and "Gyabo!"s :D Voice acting tends to be a very hard category to do well in, but the two seiyuus gave a solid performance :D

The OPs and EDs are a bit unexpected. I was expecting a more classical music based OP and ED (it's probably because of the drama) but I nonetheless love it. And the animations! I especially love the ending images with mongoose!nodame as the sky and Chiaki as the sunset walking opposite directions, but then with each beat getting closer and turning towards each other until they are happily unified :D Or maybe I'm just overreading it :D

All in all, I can tell this will be one of my favorite animes of this season, and probably this year!

ONE MORE THING:

NODAME CANTABILE RECIEVED THE HIGHEST TV RATINGS EVER FOR LATE NIGHT ANIME! SCOREEE (Previous record holder? Hajime no Ippo in 2000)

Guest Maia-chan

^_^)-->

QUOTE(Olivia ^_^ @ Jan 15 2007, 11:38 PM)
I'm starting to watch it right now... it seems good but I find some of the acting exaggerated a bit too much =/

But I will still watch it XD

The acting SHOULD be exaggerated because they want to do it manga-style. Personally, I love those exaggerated bits, shows us the essence of Japanese weirdness that I love. :)

currently watching the anime too...btw should we make a new thread for the anime or can we talk about it here?

I prefer the drama of course (Tamaki Hiroshiii!!!) but still love the anime....it's better than nothing..

missing my chiaki senpai and nodame badly...........

btw here's a link to d/l the anime with eng hardsub here

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...just read that on Jan 14, Tamaki Hiroshi announced that he has a girlfriend! He made this announcement during his promotion of his new book!!! (But it's not too surprising since he already admitted it in that Chimpanzee news...however, this is the first time he officially admits it to the media!)

He wouldn't say who she is...whether she's in the entertainment field or not...but Tamaki seems to be glowing with happiness! And he said he wants to get married...and become a father before 30! Oh yeah, the reporters asked Tamaki how he would spend his birthday...he said his girlfriend is very busy, thus no time to spend it with him. However, his girlfriend constantly emailed (sms) him, encouraging him...hence he felt very contented! :D

Umm...I wonder who she is?! *wink wink* ^_^:lol: Hehehehehehe....

Guest dadedum

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...just read that on Jan 14, Tamaki Hiroshi announced that he has a girlfriend!

I know!!! I read about that too and went "OMG WHOOOOOOOOOO could it be?!!!!" :w00t: It'll be nice if it's Juri-chan, I hope he makes an announcement soon. But last time I heard Juri was still going out with that comedian with glasses...

^ NOOOOO!! My dreams of marrying Chiaki is GONE!!

*FLOODS SOOMPI WITH TEARS*

Man.. i am quite happy for him, but what about me!? *CRIES*

OHwells, i guess i have to move on now..

DAMN! MISSED OUT ON ANOTHER SEXY GUY!

Aniways, Currently watching it.. on episode 6 now, but the download is soooo slow

i must go find out what happened to it... [darn computer geek roommates!!]

Anyone know where i can DOWNLOAD it from a Clubbox?!?

I shall search through this thread for the answer now..

[EDIT]

Yes... japaneseguy clubbox needs a registered account.

if you're going to dl from that clubbox, it has 3 versions of nodame.

Download with the one that has Divx6 on the title, it match with d-addicts's subs done by Siantut :)

!

THANKS!

Guest xingjing

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...just read that on Jan 14, Tamaki Hiroshi announced that he has a girlfriend!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *loooong moan*

Oh well. I'll get over it. LOL.

Anyway. I've gotten addicted to this dorama fast. *points to siggy* It's sooo funny. I love Nodame. I love Chiaki. God, Tamaki Hiroshi is hott... xD Okay, yeah, anyway. I also love how they actually incorporate, well, classical music into this because I really actually love classical music. It's also enlightening if you are a musician [or pianist like myself]... Mmhm.

Btw, does anybody know where to DL it, well, not on Clubbox or BitTorent? I'm looking for it EVERYWHERE and I can't find it. *sigh*

Guest boatswain

Oh well. I'll get over it. LOL.

Anyway. I've gotten addicted to this dorama fast. *points to siggy* It's sooo funny. I love Nodame. I love Chiaki. God, Tamaki Hiroshi is hott... xD Okay, yeah, anyway. I also love how they actually incorporate, well, classical music into this because I really actually love classical music. It's also enlightening if you are a musician [or pianist like myself]... Mmhm.

Btw, does anybody know where to DL it, well, not on Clubbox or BitTorent? I'm looking for it EVERYWHERE and I can't find it. *sigh*

Take a look at this post: http://community.livejournal.com/the_s_orchestra/38356.html

WAAATTTT???I hope it's Juri chan!! hehehe....Oh wellll..so happy for him to be honest and tell everyone about it..and I can see him as the cutest Dady!! I want to have a dady like him!! LOL~~~

try here but not completed yet...gomen :)

or you can watch them here

Guest xingjing

OOH. Thanks boatswain and lilgzl. Arigato, :]

I am SO addicted to this. LOL.

GYABOOO! I am off to watch yet another episode! :]

Guest tklovex3

man i watched this drama last week all in one go and it was amazing! it didn't drag and it was so good that the episodes went by super fast... too fast. now everytime i watch something else i just feel like it doesn't compare to nodame. haha it's so cute. i hope they have a season 2!

and what is this i hear?! chiaki has a girlfriend?! hahaha depressing..

Guest Maia-chan

man i watched this drama last week all in one go and it was amazing! it didn't drag and it was so good that the episodes went by super fast... too fast. now everytime i watch something else i just feel like it doesn't compare to nodame. haha it's so cute. i hope they have a season 2!

and what is this i hear?! chiaki has a girlfriend?! hahaha depressing..

I don't know if there'll be season 2 or not, but the manga definitely doesn't end there. There's a Paris arc in the manga! :rolleyes:

This is definitely the BEST dorama i've seen!

Ok.. i looooved NOBUTA, but this one was just a notch better.

I guess Mine and Chiaki totally BLEW me away..

YAMAP and KAME is hawt, but DAAANG, CHIAKI SENPAI!!

Plus, Nodame is so wicked kute!

CRUNCHYROLL.. wowwers!! i am glad you gave me that link..

i shall watch doramas/dramas that i don't want to DL there now.

I like this Dorama more than HYD.. why?! no idea..

I didn't even DL HYD2 episode 2 or Goong S episode 3+4 because

i was still watching NODAME!!

My new FAVORITO DORAMA!

he didn't say if its juri.

the agent said that it's not juri. (to below, its not in that article, but i saw it at another article hahas)

and it was rumored to be an actress call kato rosa.

and eu guys know what? it was rumored that juri had this huge crush on hiroshi that she requested the kiss scene in nodame. and all the japanese fans are like sayin how self centre juri is.

i refused to believe it. T_T

Did the agent say that it's not Juri in that article? I'm all for Tamaki and Ueno (and hoping against all odds.) I would love to see a kiss scene between them as well so Ueno is just doing me a favor by requesting (though it didn't happen.) :D

But you know from their body language, I wouldn't say Juri has a huge crush on Hiroshi. It looks like their levels of affection for each other are the same on both sides. From the evidences it does point to Kato Rosa. It seems Hiroshi has been in a relationship for a while and didn't he say he likes foreign woman? Kato Rosa sounds like half foreign blood. (I'm totally against this possibility I tell ya.) :D

Archived