[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

I believe that teaser is when they took the trip in Udaipur, India. that's probably the stand in, for the Water Country; Habaek's home.

so the 4th teaser will be Soah? can't wait! then TVN will release the official trailer the very last prior to the drama's airing date.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lillac1412 hi! welcome :) i've been following and reading the manhwa long before and ever since I heard of the drama i'm pretty excited! since the writers has added a modern twist so it's pretty interesting how the story will go about. And yes, the cast seems great too.

Hopefully the next teaser will be So-Ah!

Hi everyone.

The starter/author of this thread is currently inactive, please PM moderators if you are interested and willing to take responsibility for updating the first post.

Thank you. :)

• Chellsee changed the title to [Upcoming tvN Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God - Nam Joo Hyuk, Shin Se Kyung

Nam Joo Hyuk transforms into a dignified water god in new teaser for 'Bride of the Water God'

Check out the hunky, elegant, dignified, and sexy 'Water God' version of actor Nam Joo Hyuk in a new teaser for his upcoming tvN drama, 'Bride of the Water God'!

In the drama, Nam Joo Hyuk will be playing the role of Ha Baek, a water god who has come down to earth. With his fierce eyes glaring at the camera, he says, "I am the king of the land of water, Ha Baek." 

Spoiler

'Bride of the Water God' is a spin-off drama version of the original Korean manga of the same name. While the drama will use the same characters from the manga, they will be placed in a more modern setting with a new storyline. It's set to air on July 3 at 10:50 PM KST. Nam Joo Hyuk will be starring alongside Shin Se KyungGong Myungf(x)'s Krystal, and more.

cr

‘Bride of the Water God’ drops new teaser featuring Nam Joo-hyuk

YY5yFF2Qp9iF636323350121585710.jpg

A new clip from the upcoming tvN fantasy rom-com drama “Bride of the Water God” was released Tuesday featuring Nam Joo-hyuk. 

Nam was seen being transformed into the role of the water god complete with golden armor and a blue cape. The actor also said, “I’m the water god, Ha-baek” in the footage.

The new teaser has filled viewers with curiosity as they were expecting a modern-day drama, but the clip features a historical setting.

“Bride of the Water God” also stars Shin Se-kyung, Gong Myung and Krystal and is set to premiere on July 3 at 10:50 p.m.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201706061703549194477_2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nam Joo Hyuk Is A Water God In New “Bride Of The Water God” Teaser

Nam-Joo-Hyuk-Water-God.jpg

Following the first teasers for upcoming drama “Bride of the Water God,” tvN has revealed a new teaser that’s quite different.

The new teaser isn’t set in the same modern-day setting as previous teasers. This time around viewers get to see Nam Joo Hyuk as his Water God character. Decked out in an elegant costume and long blue hair, Nam Joo Hyuk stuns with his piercing smokey eyes. At the end of the teaser he says, “I am the king of the world of water, Ha Baek.”

The first episode of Monday-Tuesday drama “Bride of the Water God” is set to air on July 3.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/06/watch-nam-joo-hyuk-water-god-new-bride-water-god-teaser/

The Water God surveys his kingdom in all his divine splendor

wgod11b.jpg

Who’s the prettiest of them all? Nam Joo-hyuk (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju), that’s who! In the latest teaser for Bride of the Water God 2017, we get a glimpse of Nam Joo-hyuk in all his regal trappings as the water god who descends to Earth and meets a human. That human is played by Shin Se-kyung (Girl Who Sees Smells), and her family have been his predestined servants for generations.

In the 15-second teaser, exotic music plays as Nam Joo-hyuk’s ash-blue locks are swept away by the wind. He opens his darkly lined eyes, places a stone onto a small pyramid-shaped artifact, and surveys his pristine white kingdom. In his one-line voiceover, he says, “I am the ruler of the water kingdom, Ha-baek.”

This spinoff drama is based on an original manhwa set in olden times, in which a girl was sacrificed to the water god in order to save her village from a drought. However, this drama will take place in the present, and the heroine doesn’t seem like she’ll be such a willing sacrifice, because she’s supposed to be a doctor who is a strict realist. But seeing this teaser, I can imagine she’ll be in for a shock if Ha-baek ever takes her to his beautiful kingdom.

I wonder if the other gods, played by Krystal (She’s So Lovable) and Gong Myung (Individualist Ji-young), will also be as pretty in their full divine regalia… But I know Im Joo-hwan (Oh My Ghostess) will definitely be able to rock a suit, playing a resort CEO. I’m still unsure of how the story will play out with the current (mostly green) cast and modern setup, but all the gorgeous promo is slowly winning me over.

Monday-Tuesday fantasy romance drama Bride of the Water God 2017 will premiere on tvN on July 3.

wgod5.jpg

wgod10.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/the-water-god-surveys-his-kingdom-in-all-his-divine-splendor/

New stills!

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201706080747590410

DBwQqtBUwAAi3Bd.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bride of the Water God 2017" Sin Se-kyeong, first time in a role with short hair

Sin Se-kyeong is coming back with the new tvN drama "Bride of the Water God 2017" as Yoon So-ah. She cut her hair short for this role and viewers can't wait to see it.

Stills of Sin Se-kyeong were released on the 7th.

"Bride of the Water God 2017" is a fantasy romance drama about a water god named Ha Baek (Nam Joo-hyuk) and a female doctor named So-ah (Sin Se-kyeong) who is destined to be the servant of a water god.

Sin Se-kyeong's role of So-ah is completely guarded on the outside but is full of clumsiness and calls herself 'servant of the water god' and is attracted to Ha Baek who follows her around.

Sin Se-kyeong cut her hair for the first time since her debut. The way she's tied her hair is enough to give her a new look and she looks even more innocent than ever.

Sin Se-kyeong thought of many details for the role of So-ah and through much communication with director Kim Byeong-soo, she's ready to create the perfect So-ah.

Sin Se-kyeong said, "I am very fond of So-ah because she's soft hearted on the inside but has a thick bark. I cut my hair short and drove a car for this drama".

"I think imagination is the key point of this drama as it's a fantasy drama. I imagined the situations So-ah might be in even while I was acting and drew pictures in my head".

"I wish So-ah realized what she really wants in life. I hope you look forward to her changing after she meets Ha Baek".

http://www.hancinema.net/bride-of-the-water-god-2017-sin-se-kyeong-first-time-in-a-role-with-short-hair-106743.htm

• Chellsee changed the title to [Upcoming tvN Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God 하백의 신부 - Nam Joo Hyuk, Shin Se Kyung

"Bride of the Water God 2017" original VS spinoff

photo856703.png

The new tvN drama "Bride of the Water God 2017" is based on the bestselling novel "Bride of the Water God". Fans of the original can't wait to see it in drama.

While "Bride of the Water God 2017" begins on the 3rd of July at 10:50PM, we compare the original novel to the spinoff of "Bride of the Water God 2017".

"Bride of the Water God 2017" is a comical fantasy romantic drama about a god of water named Ha Baek (Nam Joo-hyuk) and a realist female doctor named So-ah (Sin Se-kyeong).

- What will the new "Bride of the Water God 2017" be like?

"Bride of the Water God 2017" focuses mainly the romance of Ha Baek the God of water and human So-ah.

"Bride of the Water God" was modernized for the fun of the viewers and was based in Seoul. God of water Ha Baek meets So-ah and falls in love.

- The formation of a new world!

"Bride of the Water God 2017" is going to appear in 3 structures. If "Bride of the Water God" happens in the underwater world, "Bride of the Water God 2017" happens in water, the heavens and land. Each structure has a god with responsibilities.

Ha Baek comes down to the human world to retrieve something that acknowledges the successor to the throne. Gods that live in the human world experience new and interesting experiences.

- Realistic characters are reborn

Characters have been newly created. Ha Baek in the original novel is in the form of a little boy who doesn't know anything and turns into a high spirited young man at night. "Bride of the Water God 2017" is more realistic than that.

Ha Baek is bad tempered but he's a God Fatale in the drama. So-ah is an unlucky psychiatrist who becomes a servant of the god. She's made her own fortune and constructs the probability of the story.

"Bride of the Water God 2017" claims to have increased the intensity of Ha Baek and So-ah's romance while creating three-dimensional characters to enhance engagement in the drama.

http://www.hancinema.net/bride-of-the-water-god-2017-original-vs-spinoff-106782.html

Archived