2016/2017 What are you going to do?

CamelKnight

As the year is about to end and we embark on a new voyage to an unknown territory called "2017", I was wondering what 2016 has brought you guys and what do you want for 2017?

I've personally had my fill of all my childhood heroes keeling over. I've grown up with Prince, George Michael and David Bowie, not to mention Carrie Fisher (though she's a bit older than my childhood...). 2016 has been a very eventful year, in some regards pretty good, in other regards not so good. 

For 2017 I would love to see more love going around. There's so much hate and distress in the world at the moment and it seems quite difficult to turn the tide. Hopefully a new year can bring us someting bright, shining and new.
Also, I'm looking forward to seeing a variety of new K-Drama's and the releases of several new K-Pop songs from my favorite artists, ofcourse :w00t:

On ‎2016‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎31‎일 at 7:11 AM, CamelKnight said:

I've personally had my fill of all my childhood heroes keeling over. I've grown up with Prince, George Michael and David Bowie, not to mention Carrie Fisher (though she's a bit older than my childhood...).

Does it make you feel strange to lose your childhood heroes who were a big part of your life? It's even more shocking because there are quite a lot of healthy people who are older than them. It makes one wonder how much of the unhealthy lifestyles those celebrities were having. I can't imagine the current young celebrities becoming like them. They're so healthy and lively now.

2017 is a very uncertain year to me because of current events. But then I didn't expect so much that happened in 2016. And I didn't feel so uncertain about that year when it started. It makes me wonder how I should prepare for 2017 and beyond.

2016 - 10th year here; became a mod. 2017- still a mod. 2018 - Soompi's 20th anniversary! 

Last year, I left grad school due to poor health. I'm supposed to come back this month, but I'm still unhealthy and I gradually lost interest in pursuing it. I'm overhauling my lifestyle (I'm a sloth-panda trapped in the body of a 15-year-old), starting with the much dreaded gym training sessions, more sleep and more food intake. I'm also getting more serious with my full-time job.

I hope 2017 will be an eventful year for the Soompi community. I would love to see more interaction in the Soompi Interests forums.  

On 12/30/2016 at 2:11 PM, CamelKnight said:

As the year is about to end and we embark on a new voyage to an unknown territory called "2017", I was wondering what 2016 has brought you guys and what do you want for 2017?

I've personally had my fill of all my childhood heroes keeling over. I've grown up with Prince, George Michael and David Bowie, not to mention Carrie Fisher (though she's a bit older than my childhood...). 2016 has been a very eventful year, in some regards pretty good, in other regards not so good. 

For 2017 I would love to see more love going around. There's so much hate and distress in the world at the moment and it seems quite difficult to turn the tide. Hopefully a new year can bring us someting bright, shining and new.
Also, I'm looking forward to seeing a variety of new K-Drama's and the releases of several new K-Pop songs from my favorite artists, ofcourse :w00t:

Age does not matter! Carrie Fisher is a part of any geek's childhood! [ok, ok. maybe just most of us] Lol! Actually, I hadn't even heard about her passing until I saw this post. :tears:

Last year was pretty uneventful for me. Lots of K-dramas and procrastinating on studying.

2017: Stop procrastinating and actually buckle down on learning Korean! I'd like to progress enough to start helping translate shows by 2018 [Because daily dramas? Yeah. Not so easy to find English translations for those!]

Ahh working out. I always do so well when the weather is warm! And then autumn/winter hit. :phew: They're so pretty.... from inside a nice, warm house.....I should fix that bad habit. :w00t:

On 2-1-2017 at 7:25 PM, singlebilingual said:

Does it make you feel strange to lose your childhood heroes who were a big part of your life? It's even more shocking because there are quite a lot of healthy people who are older than them. It makes one wonder how much of the unhealthy lifestyles those celebrities were having. I can't imagine the current young celebrities becoming like them. They're so healthy and lively now.

2017 is a very uncertain year to me because of current events. But then I didn't expect so much that happened in 2016. And I didn't feel so uncertain about that year when it started. It makes me wonder how I should prepare for 2017 and beyond.

It does feel weird. A part of my childhood, though long gone, ceased to exist quite abruptly. It does not make me question my own mortality, for that I am already too old and have encountered too many things. But it does make you think back about those wonderfull times when life was simple. When you had a relationship as soon as you held a girls hand but in the next breaktime, another girlfriend would come along and you'd move on. Ahh... those wonderfull days of youth :) 

5 hours ago, phikyl said:

Age does not matter! Carrie Fisher is a part of any geek's childhood! [ok, ok. maybe just most of us] Lol! Actually, I hadn't even heard about her passing until I saw this post. :tears:

Last year was pretty uneventful for me. Lots of K-dramas and procrastinating on studying.

2017: Stop procrastinating and actually buckle down on learning Korean! I'd like to progress enough to start helping translate shows by 2018 [Because daily dramas? Yeah. Not so easy to find English translations for those!]

Ahh working out. I always do so well when the weather is warm! And then autumn/winter hit. :phew: They're so pretty.... from inside a nice, warm house.....I should fix that bad habit. :w00t:

2016 was a slaughterhouse :tears: Did you read that Carrie's mother died a day later due to a broken heart?

2 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

2016 was a slaughterhouse :tears: Did you read that Carrie's mother died a day later due to a broken heart?

Yeah. Everything posted about Carrie links the two together. :tears:

Archived