[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

he's really handsome (nothing knew but...) :wub: 

cr: owner

Kim So Hyun On “Ruler: Master Of The Mask” Co-Star Yoo Seung Ho And Their Ratings Promise

kim-so-hyun-3.jpg

Kim So Hyun opened up about working with Yoo Seung Ho, the cast’s ratings promise, and more during a V Live broadcast for her upcoming drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask” on May 8.

She began talking about her role in the drama, Han Ga Eun, mentioning that it was a challenge to play both the child and adult versions of the character. Playing an adult entails a possibility of intimate scenes, and she responded to a question asking how she felt about that, saying, “There aren’t that many scenes with lots of physical contact yet, so I haven’t really thought about it. There’s a big melodramatic aspect to the drama, so the way we act with our eyes is important. I’m doing my best to show that I’m in love through the look in my eyes.”

kim-so-hyun1.jpg

She also mentioned her co-star Yoo Seung Ho, explaining, “We have great chemistry. You can look forward to it. It’s nice because we work together really well. He also takes good care of me since he’s older. Because I trust him, I feel at ease and can do a better job.”

As in the case of many dramas, the cast of “Ruler: Master of the Mask” has also decided on a ratings promise. Kim So Hyun revealed, “Our cast will open a fan signing event and wear our drama costumes there if we get over 20 percent views.”

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-2.jpg

Despite her young age, Kim So Hyun is a senior in the acting industry due to her early start as a child actor, and she shared some of her seasoned opinions and tips on acting. She explained that she wanted to become a good person overall, in addition to being a good actor. To memorize her lines better, she reads the script again and again until it stays in her head. In preparation for this specific drama, she had to learn horseback riding for the first time and described it as fun, but scary. She fell from her horse once, but she learned from that experience and has never fallen since.

Lastly, Kim So Hyun urged viewers to watch the drama. “While ‘Ruler’ is a must-watch in itself, and I might not be in the position to say this, but I will just say it without being too serious. I think it will be a source of consolation for those who are having a hard time,” she said.

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” will air on May 10 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/09/kim-hyun-ruler-master-mask-co-star-yoo-seung-ho-ratings-promise/

"consolation"?! I'll take this as a happy ending sign!! :D 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are not many skinships? Well I expected it to be honest, at least up until this point when they are about ep14-15 in filming. But I hope toward the end, along with the Pyunsoo battle we could get some more romance.

Though we haven't discussed about this yet but is anyone here thinking or worrying about the ratings tomorrow? 

P.s: Now I found it even funnier that the almighty mature Yoo Seung Ho thought that Kim So Hyun was even more mature than him. That made Park Chul Min sunbae had to add his comment that Yoo Seung Ho was also very mature to him. Lol

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" teamwork

photo847027.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho, Kim So-hyeon-I, L and Yoon So-hee are in the behind-the-scene cuts of "Ruler: Master of the Mask".

Heo Joon-ho posted pictures on his Instagram on the 9th.

He is posing for pictures with Yoo Seung-ho, Kim So-hyeon-I, L, Yoon So-hee and Park Chul-min.

Meanwhile, "Ruler: Master of the Mask" is a drama about a prince who fights against a gang that possesses all the water in the Joseon province, giving them mighty power and wealth.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/ruler-master-of-the-mask-teamwork-105766.html

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Ruler: Master of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인 - Premieres on Wednesday @ 22:00 KST - Pilot Episode
1 hour ago, Ly Khánh said:

There are not many skinships? Well I expected it to be honest, at least up until this point when they are about ep14-15 in filming. But I hope toward the end, along with the Pyunsoo battle we could get some more romance.

Though we haven't discussed about this yet but is anyone here thinking or worrying about the ratings tomorrow? 

P.s: Now I found it even funnier that the almighty mature Yoo Seung Ho thought that Kim So Hyun was even more mature than him. That made Park Chul Min sunbae had to add his comment that Yoo Seung Ho was also very mature to him. Lol

hope so!! :D but didn't they finish filming all episodes yet?! I thought the drama was fully pre-produced!!

I'm not worried actually!! I hope both this and SP do really well and I think that korean viewers are as much excited as we are so let's hope for the best!!:D

hhhhhhh I really wanted to know what he said about Yoo Seung Ho!! so he was talking about his maturity?! :lol: 

to all chingus thanks for all the updates! YSH stills!

I will repeat myself again. Just from the stills and teaser alone, YSH... the expression, the emotion, no dialogues needed, we see the brilliance!

I like to watch KSH as well. I like that she chooses roles that doesn't have to be tweetums cos I think she nails more dramatic characters and she's good!

. I can bet we'll see really really good acting from this drama! I never miss  YSH drama. so even if this historical, I'll be watching.

I'm not fond of period/historical/joseon/goryeo/saeguk drama. But this  seems to be type of period drama I like. Dark gritty, and with  good leads. So it's  a winwin for me.

#sorrynotsorry to my loves JCW but... I'll watch YSH anytime, any drama.  Good luck to Monarch. And to the JCW drama that will premiere too.

Actually It's us viewers who are the real winners cos we get to watch two new dramas with good actors!. So thank you dramagods!

1 hour ago, Aron_halas said:

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone knows if the MBC will air 2 episodes today Back to back

No they won't. 1st ep was divided into 2 parts with 35 mins per each part and 1 mins of advertisement between them. The same for the rest of 19 epi

@sakura2016 it was first said to be a pre-produced drama but then turned out to be only semi pre-production because of the tough filming. The filming will last until June maybe.

35 minutes ago, Ly Khánh said:

No they won't. 1st ep was divided into 2 parts with 35 mins per each part and 1 mins of advertisement between them. The same for the rest of 19 epi

@sakura2016 it was first said to be a pre-produced drama but then turned out to be only semi pre-production because of the tough filming. The filming will last until June maybe.

Has not been that way always? or, has been ads every 10 mins or so? Can you explain me?

I'm so excited!! I won't be able to do live recaps since I have to work tomorrow... 

btw does anyone else think that this drama will be filming up until the end? Like until end of June... If sohyun said that they haven't had scenes with skinship yet they can't be that far in...I mean I don't anticipate a lot of skinship anyways but I'm sure they'll have few once their romance deepens... 

1 minute ago, an05 said:

I'm so excited!! I won't be able to do live recaps since I have to work tomorrow... 

btw does anyone else think that this drama will be filming up until the end? Like until end of June... If sohyun said that they haven't had scenes with skinship yet they can't be that far in...I mean I don't anticipate a lot of skinship anyways but I'm sure they'll have few once their romance deepens... 

Maybe they are waiting to KSH to be legal, like for June 4 2017, hehehehe

Archived