[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the 3rd teaser and it's GREAT :thumbsup: and ALL I can think about is "PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON MY HEART YOO SEUNG HO-yaaaa" :confounded: if he breacks my heart like this withing few seconds of a teaser what will he do to my poor heart through the entire drama?!! *galp* 

I'll imagine these are HGE and LS.

EC8AB9EC9D80EAB681EB8580EC8AA4ECBA94EB93

EC8AB9EC9D80EAB681EB8580EC8AA4ECBA94EB93

66.jpg?type=w500_2g

69.jpg?type=w500_2g

Spoiler

64.jpg?type=w500_2g

56.jpg?type=w500_2g

I really think Kim So Hyun and Yoo Seung Ho look like those drawings... part 1

Theherstory07.jpg?type=w500_2g

During script reading:
SeungHo: Am I handsome?
SoHyun: Eh?
SeungHo: You're the first person who can stare at my face that long
SoHyun: *smiles*

Theherstory08.jpg?type=w500_2g

SeungHo What is your name?
SoHyun: I'm Ga Eun. Han Ga Eun. How about you?
SeungHo: I am the one who loves this country very much!
SoHyun: Why do you keep on talking to me disrespectfully? (without honorifics)
SeungHo: I'm actually the one who can talk disrespectfully to you

Theherstory10.jpg?type=w500_2g

Part 2 of Han Ga Eun and Prince

Theherstory12.jpg?type=w500_2g

Theherstory15.jpg?type=w500_2g

Theherstory16.jpg?type=w500_2g

Spoiler

Part 3 of the drawings...

Theherstory17.jpg?type=w500_2g

Theherstory18.jpg?type=w500_2g

Theherstory19.jpg?type=w500_2g

those posters look really nice... and they're suppose to be teaser posters. Can't wait for the official ones....

It seems like L has a huge role to play in this drama. I really hope that he can prove that he has improved his acting since he has such a huge responsibility with such a big role.

The clothes Sohee is wearing....is that common for Joseon attire? I've never really seen that type of dress in a Joseon sageuk

Hi guys, I dont usually post in Soompi because I have been a lurker for so long and I'm not confident about my English x"D But after seeing the character description of Ga Eun and the poster today, I'm so confused about these characters. I used to think that Lee Ga Eun in the drama is Lee Ga Eun in history, but since the description said she is the "Queen", I'm not sure about that anymore. And in BTS and this poster as well, we can see L wearing the robe of the king, but Lee Seon didnt become the king so I guess this is a fictional character? :"/ In the poster and BTS up to now we only see YSH in the robe of crown prince, so I have a feeling that YSH's character will die/sacrifice himself for his ideal, and L will replace him to continue his dream about an ideal Joseon, the place where Lee Seon the crown prince, Ga Eun and maybe L himself have always been longing to see. I will have to wait and see, but I was intrigued by these posters so much T.T 

@MiAmourIs Hwarang in the Goryeo era? Sohee's attire seems more Goreyo to me. I know Joseon was succeeded by Goreyo so maybe this drama is set in a time when the transition is still taking place? So it's a Joseon era with heavy Goryeo influence? I've seen something like that in dramas before. 

55 minutes ago, an05 said:

@MiAmourIs Hwarang in the Goryeo era? Sohee's attire seems more Goreyo to me. I know Joseon was succeeded by Goreyo so maybe this drama is set in a time when the transition is still taking place? So it's a Joseon era with heavy Goryeo influence? I've seen something like that in dramas before. 

Well if im not mistaken Hwarang was set during pre-Joseon period,

& i guess its quite similar with Ruler, which its set in the 18th-century Joseon. :smirk:

1 hour ago, an05 said:

Hwarang is during Silla which is before Goryeo that might explain why it looks a lot more like goryeo clothing.

It's roughly like this:

Gojoseon (ancient joseon) 

goguryeo, baekje, silla (divided into three)

Goryeo

Joseon

And I'm guessing the red palace maid clothing (if they r palace maid clothing at all but I'm pretty sure they are) are those of the sewing chambers.

42 minutes ago, bluroses said:

Hwarang is during Silla which is before Goryeo that might explain why it looks a lot more like goryeo clothing.

It's roughly like this:

Gojoseon (ancient joseon) 

goguryeo, baekje, silla (divided into three)

Goryeo

Joseon

And I'm guessing the red palace maid clothing (if they r palace maid clothing at all but I'm pretty sure they are) are those of the sewing chambers.

The Legend drama was set during the Goguryeo, Baekje, Silla (divided into three) ...right...? If I remembered it correctly... one of my fav drama.... because of Bae Yong Jun and Lee Ji Ah

@maryofbethany

Thank you for tagged me for the drama

I have prior mentioned in pages 52 & 53 of this thread that I will not be participating due to my study tour in Europe

As from the character description, the drama will be a Joseon Dynasty of the Scriptwriter imagination & there will be no references to actual historical character perhaps a loosely based e.g. Han Ga Eun description in this thread on page 70 is going to be Queen Consort (Female 17- 22 years old, 중전,中殿) & this will indicate that Crown Prince Yi Seon (이선) will be King. Crown Prince Yi Seon parents, the Father is just King while his mother is Royal Noble Consort Yeong Bin (영빈) although in history, Crown Prince Sado's mother was indeed Royal Noble Consort Yeongbin of Jeonui Yi clan (영빈 이씨,暎嬪李氏)

In my opinion, the theory of this drama Crown Prince Yi Seon is the history Crown Prince Sado can be laid to rest

2 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@maryofbethany

Thank you for tagged me for the drama

I have prior mentioned in pages 52 & 53 of this thread that I will not be participating due to my study tour in Europe

As from the character description, the drama will be a Joseon Dynasty of the Scriptwriter imagination & there will be no references to actual historical character perhaps a loosely based e.g. Han Ga Eun description in this thread on page 70 is going to be Queen Consort (Female 17- 22 years old, 중전,中殿) & this will indicate that Crown Prince Yi Seon (이선) will be King. Crown Prince Yi Seon parents, the Father is just King while his mother is Royal Noble Consort Yeong Bin (영빈) although in history, Crown Prince Sado's mother was indeed Royal Noble Consort Yeongbin of Jeonui Yi clan (영빈 이씨,暎嬪李氏)

In my opinion, the theory of this drama Crown Prince Yi Seon is the history Crown Prince Sado can be laid to rest

Image result for smirk

(lol sorry)

just wondering did anyone find anything of a king named lee seon in history? makes me wonder if he's a completely fictional character..

@bluroses

"just wondering did anyone find anything of a king named lee seon in history? makes me wonder if he's a completely fictional character.."

No...in history there is no Joseon King with the name Yi Seon.....The drama is already depicted with the era year of 1700s...therefore we can narrow down history.... the Joseon Crown Prince & the year with the name Yi Seon is Crown Prince Sado but according to character description, it is very much creative licensing at play

it definitely looks like this will be a very male centric drama and I'm actually looking forward to that, I'm not the biggest fan of historical dramas but I'm looking forward to the angst in the drama. I just hope that So Hyun's character is a powerful lead and not the damsel in distress type. Only a month left><

Archived