[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

12 hours ago, Berou said:

it's your first here post , it's an honor !!! welcome on board :D. too bad, i wish so much to see them in a modern drama. i'll take what is offered hoping that someday, in the future they will act together in a modern drama.

I've been reading this whole blog for 2 days and i was so glad to see that my fan page on instagram was mentioned><  (masterofthemask_ruler) i honestly cannot wait for this pairing because i've been secretly shipping them all this time. I was relieved to see that the producer (or director?) will be the same as Empress Ki. I honestly don't really like historical dramas but that was the only historical drama that had me hooked. So i cannot wait to see our visual gangster couple. 

So Hyun is also training to ride a horse so hopefully her character will not be a damsel in distress. More like Eun Byul who knew how to take care of herself.       

.bab2b394e2617fd5febd3c2ea5749212.gif

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at some joseon historical dramas to see what kind of clothes that they may wear and honestly Empress Ki's costume designer needs an awards. I looked at some costumes and these are the ones i find so beautiful 

Spoiler

d67c85cc-8f6b-4fab-afaf-77889bee7c9e.jpg

451a7af4-947f-4705-a209-760cd55bacdc.jpg

sad-tahwan.jpg 

this drama was the reason i fell in love with him><

107282c278350fbf53141b8c69985168.jpg

how can you talk about historical dramas without mentioning the queen><

Queen+Seon+Deok.jpg

looks like a princess so much:bawling:

I dont know if Empress Ki was set in joseon(?) but i want so hyun's character to have the same style as JiWon here

2baa026cc8649730a92f4ef9ab07d510.jpg

she looked so beautiful when she had her hair like this

I'm sorry if im rambling, none of my friends are into korean dramas or kpop so i have no where to express my happiness, literally when i saw the confirmation, i could only cheer with my internet friends. But my anticipation for this drama grows everyday.  I wake up everyday and the first think i do is check the tags on instagram to see if there is an update. I hope to see the script reading photos soon or little videos or photos of the cast together. is that to much to ask for:bawling:

Only 112 days left:dissapointed:

The  "Ruler" cast was in Yeongju seonbichon village . Child actor Yin Shek Hao SNS updated his instagram and he mentioned that he met beautiful elder sister Kim So Hyun and Infinite's L when shooting "Ruler" today. 

Spoiler

14716582_784689491678129_798153005908728

Also So Hyun updated her instagram and i think this was when she had a photoshoot yesterday, shes so beautiful.

Spoiler

15877246_1859112021034416_36251783904131

shes going to be one of the top actreses in korea (Even though she already is) and i cant wait to see her chemistry with seungho as her chemistry with her co-stars are amazing

1 hour ago, Chi Le said:

@Regrann from @wow_kimsohyun_my - 
-
We are family members of the drama Ruler-Master of the Mask, I gathered a lot of box office Star
From left is infinite-L, Myung Soo, So Hyun, Me (Cheol Min), Seung Ho, Yoo Ram
-

@ wow_kimsohyun @kim_msl

201701182301276842936_20170118230128_01_

it seems like her character will have similar hairstyles with her character in Goblin, and I'm glad they changed Myungsoo's hairstyle, it definitely looks better this way. im curious about the guy on the right because his outfit looks like a soldiers (?) one, but other than that our cast is cute as hell ><:bawling:

16 hours ago, kimsohyun1201 said:

it seems like her character will have similar hairstyles with her character in Goblin, and I'm glad they changed Myungsoo's hairstyle, it definitely looks better this way. im curious about the guy on the right because his outfit looks like a soldiers (?) one, but other than that our cast is cute as hell ><:bawling:

soooooo cuteeeee!!! i cant wait for may! need to watch them, omg they are all doing that face ♥♥

19 hours ago, Berou said:

guess what?  the person who designed for empress ki, will also design for ruler. ( since you've read all the posts of this thread, i'm sure you know it :), someone posted it)  empress ki was set in Goreyo, Goreyo dresses are gorgeous !! Even the hairstyle is amazing. IMO joseon dresses and hairstyles are a little bit simple. The reason is that Goryeo was heavily influenced by the chinese dynasty and was still under the chinese influence. if you check the chinese period dramas, everything is abundance, luxury, extravagance.  they have a lot of brushes, hairpins in their hair.

(if you wonder why she's holding a mic, it is a press con pic)

Spoiler

saasz.jpg

I was honestly so shocked at her beauty, quite upset that we wont see so hyun in beautiful costumes but ive been waiting to see her in a historical drama (even though it is not my favourite genre><) because I know this will make her a better actress.

24 minutes ago, koreadaebak said:

OMG i was addicted to empress ki as well back then. so happy to know there's someone who loves EK n waiting for Ruler too just like me :smiley:

btw those goryeo n joseon's hanbooks is so beautiful.

Empress Ki was honestly such an amazing drama, I mean the production value alone would make you fall in love with it><

Hi everyone! 

I'm hoping to share some of your info here on our "Ruler" channel at Viki to keep everyone informed. If I'm the one sharing it (I'm the channel manager), I will, of course, credit the original person posting here. Thank you for always been on top of anything new. You guys are amazing! :)

17 hours ago, Berou said:

posted by bae yoo ram, the one on the far right ( i know him, he played lastly in Goodbye Mr Black as Black's right hand man)

trans:

Flower Style.
We are flower family members

I'm so inlove with the flower family right now, they look so happy and beautiful, thanks for sharing. this made my day @Berou :wub:

PS. Kim so hyun looks so mature in there..

On 1/20/2017 at 5:00 AM, Berou said:

@akausagi i can read some hangeul characters, so i thought about taking notes of the whole thing and then translating, but ain't got time to do that right now :unsure:. i'm sure someone, who can speak korean, can help us .... if there is no volunteer by next weekend, i'll do it because it'll be my break :rolleyes:

Thanks Chingu :D:rolleyes:

And wow a lot of this fanmade charts came out since the last one, fan really do have ways, a lot of us are really anticipating too :wub:

also I just want to share this too :heart:

Spoiler

Oh man,  imagine me excited over period drama! that's a first! But this YSH and for the nth time I'm gonna say, best young actor in the 20s! - This is melodrama. Dark and gritty kind. Not the romance bubble gum type. I hardky barely just never really into  historical/period drama (so  yeah, I know I'm missing  good ones- when I'm in the mood I'll see about binge on them).

Thanks to chingus  for updating this page. Nice to see we finally get a snap of them. Airing is still May?

41 minutes ago, jongski said:

Thanks to chingus  for updating this page. Nice to see we finally get a snap of them. Airing is still May?

Yes its confirmed that is to air on May 10, we have 109 days left so i hope in those day, we will get a lot of updates and bts photos

Archived