[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

IU – Through the Night ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Tonight, I’ll send the glow of a firefly
to somewhere near your window
It’s that I love you

I remember our first kiss
I close my eyes whenever I can
and go to the farthest place

Just like letters on the sand
where waves were
I feel you’ll disappear to a far off place
I always miss you miss you

All the words in my heart
I can’t show them all to you
But, it’s that I love you

How can I be so lucky
to have met you, who is a blessing
If we’re together now
Ah how great it’d be

Just like letters on the sand
where waves were
I feel you’ll disappear to a far off place
I miss you again and miss you more

All the words in my diary
I can’t show them all to you
It’s that I love you

Tonight, I’ll send the glow of a firefly
to somewhere near your window
I hope it’s a good dream

so actually they were in a relationship but somehow got separated?

for stargazers its their song :heart:

for non shipper its art, or a good song :lol:

• Like 18

@sublimelyheureuse I LIKE!!! :wub:

I'm still very much rooting for this to be the cryptic confession from our Lily to our Peter hahaha.

11 minutes ago, sublimelyheureuse said:

"Through the Night" is a love song and a song about coming to terms with being separated from a loved one. The singer is not bitter; she sends hope and warmth to the one far away. She longs, but with a sense of happy expectation. What keeps them apart? Who knows? But she is not sad. She is fearful, but reasonably, humanly so.

especially the above-quoted part....

1 hour ago, jen459 said:

There's something else I noticed that doesn't pertain to MLSHR but it's about the envelope. When she puts a stamp, there is space on that side. But at the end of the mv, when she's returning the letter back into the envelope, it looks like it has been cut open. Hardly space next to stamp. But there's no post date stamped on stamp. So never been sent? But was opened to reread? I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this. 

it has been previously stated that the mv and song showcases the feelings of rereading a letter not sent after time has passed. I guess that's why we have short haired IU and long-haired IU by the end cause it signifies that time has passed.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Joseph Lim said:

Through the Night MV Theory (ENG SUB)

Yikes :crazy:... Theory One... I guess it can be interpreted that way, BUT there's too much throw back to MLSHR in the MV especially with the hairpin, so ... don't think it's about Voldy. Personally I think she was inspired by the sad love story of Wang so and Hae soo, because JE usually gets her inspiration from books she reads or movies she watches (cmiiw).

• Like 19

22 minutes ago, cuteahjumma said:

Yikes :crazy:... Theory One... I guess it can be interpreted that way, BUT there's too much throw back to MLSHR in the MV especially with the hairpin, so ... don't think it's about Voldy. Personally I think she was inspired by the sad love story of Wang so and Hae soo, because JE usually gets her inspiration from books she reads or movies she watches (cmiiw).

Yikes!!! :crazy:  that was exactly what i feel when watching that video.. Lol

• Like 12

@meeibe16 lol... but I got a feeling it might not be too far off from the real reason they broke up. Remember when she did the chorus for Seulong of 2AM?...I think it was rather similar, it's also about the guy breaking off with the girl (if I remember correctly??) But for this particular song, I'm leaning towards her being inspired by MLSHR, or, she could have been inspired by MLSHR back then when she wrote the chorus as well.:D

• Like 8

To be honest when I hear the lyrics, I don't know but it remind me the mysterious drawing she draw that we spotted. The reunite kiss, sosoo sleep, hand shadow and pegasus scene.. she drawing herself sleeping with short hair yawning and beside her was mysterious guy... did you guys remember this??

• Like 16

1 hour ago, cuteahjumma said:

unnie :lol: the yikes part

i think its good if she was inspired by the tragic love story. i mean MLSHR is one of the best kdrama right..

the theory one? i guess hes on the other side. its not wrong as interpretation can vary from what angle u see. 

omo...actor_jg just update his ig.run to check!

• Like 13

My 1st reaction when seeing Joon Gi's recent IG update: OMONAAA... my poor hearteu!!! :wub:

And then somebody wrote a comment: 'through the night'

I was like: harrgghhh did JG just turn my mellow impression of Ji Eun's song into something... dirty? are you planning for an 'all-through-the-night reward' for Ji Eun as her pre-release song topped the chart, oppa? hahahaha :lol:

j/k *while trying to ignore Theory 1 from that posted video lol* <_<

22 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

My 1st reaction when seeing Joon Gi's recent IG update: OMONAAA... my poor hearteu!!! :wub:

And then somebody wrote a comment: 'through the night'

I was like: harrgghhh did JG just turn my mellow impression of Ji Eun's song into something... dirty? are you planning for an 'all-through-the-night reward' for Ji Eun as her pre-release song topped the chart, oppa? hahahaha :lol:

j/k *while trying to ignore Theory 1 from that posted video lol* <_<

omg!!!! Boyz II Men's song with that lyrics (..throught the night:wink:) actually kept playing in my head before the MV was released!! :D :D  but now, I'm having "Your Song" (sang by Ewan Mcgregor) vibes to it, :wink: aside from the SHR feels..

• Like 13